Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Spring 2022 Anime, AKA the Spy x Family Thread

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Shield Hero S2 done. Honestly? I don¡'t think it's as bad as others say. I liked the season. There might be issues in adapatation but as a secondary, I had a mostly positive experience, so I don't care much for what others have to say. Looking foward to S3
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Machikado Mazoku S2 done. Great continaution with some great development for the cast, plot and lore. Also ShamiMomo keeps making progress and that's good

Mahoutsukai Reimeiki done. Honestly I liked the characters, and that Sayb decided to go for Loss. Not many MCs who fall for lolibaba teachers. Also, it was more gory than expected. Like goddamn, the animation might be lacking but I respect the staff being willing to draw these levels of explicit gore. This is something you don't get to see everyday. The most recent examples I can think of are both inspired in older material (Higurashi SotsuGou (and even then that was a wait for BDs situation for everything but Gou's 2nd half, which is the only part of that show Funi managed to simulcast uncesored for some weird reason) and Bastard's new adaptation in Netflix but being Netflix exclusive gives you a LOT of freedom in terms of how explicit you want to be, while Mahoutsukai was a normal and regular TV show that the staff managed to air uncensored) That it was uncensored outside of BDs is even more impressive, don't know how this was achieved
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 30th, 2022 at 06:08 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As I mentioned before, nowadays, the only anime that show female nipples outside of bumps are pure ecchi anime, such as World's End Harem. Something, like Bastard, which is ultimately dark fantasy with ecchi elements, does not. That being said, obviously, the new series covers part of the manga that the first anime did not. For example, the other 2 of Arshes Nei's generals. The first anime just skipped right ahead to the vampire lord. To put it another way, original version has nipples. This one has everything else. Though some parts don't make much sense, in the original anime, Di-Amon rips the clothes before biting, rather than biting through the armor. This is the same level of ridiculousness as biting a burger through the wrapping. Apparently, there are alternate subs around, but Netflix subs appear to misinterpret things. For example, Tia was threatening to bite her own tongue off as a super common method of suicide for people who have nothing else as opposed to Gaara's tongue.

Wait a minute. The new series doesn't even fully cover the old series' stuff.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 1st, 2022 at 01:27 PM.

Keep in mind the new Bastard is 24 episodes. Netflix just decided to release it in 2 batches, like with Tiger and Bunny S2, which is getting it's 2nd half in october
    Anyways, Kunoichi Tusbaki done.
    Cute and funny show. I enjoyed all the girls, and it was always a good time. Pretty good show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Transformed nurse in Summertime Render reminded me of transformed nurse in Urotsukidoji.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would make a "Disco is dead" joke about the new ED but the fact that the show is called "Ghost Game" kinda defeats the point.

Digimon Ghost Game episode 32: This episode was pretty sus, it's almost like there were Betsumon among us...

In all seriousness, this was an unusual episode. The idea of a doppelganger slowly replacing you until you until you start to doubt your own existence gave me flashbacks to "The Double" by Dostoevsky, but it didn't hit nearly as hard since there wasn't a clear and present danger I guess to being replaced. Either they should have had the Betsumon try to silence Gammamon after the successful replacement or they should have Gammamon start to fade away or something. The other main problem would be the cast suffering an unfortunate bout of plot-induced stupidity. Hiro doesn't question the fact that Gammamon denies being with him all day beyond a "huh, that's weird" and so much for being a bridge between humans and Digimon when a Digimon is in front of you and clearly is in distress Hiro just brushes it off multiple times. Side note, while I get the whole Betsumon warping perception on Hiro and Kiyo, I will call BS on it working through the webcam for Ruli and Angoramon. Lastly, that ending fight was...I dunno, weird since the Betsumon were barely reacting to the attacks and were blasting off like Team Rocket - it was very off tone.

Overall, an interesting concept on paper but poorly executed. I liked Monster Disco though, definitely my favourite ED so far.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Summertime Render 12: Damn this ep was brutal. The heroes basically got massacred here, big shadow dude way too OP. He's arguably more of a threat than Haine at this point (since she can't seem to use her full powers until the festival) and finding a way to deal with him should definitely be their main objective on the next loop. On the positive side Tokiko is obviously being manipulated and this is the second loop where she's had a moment of regretting what she's done before dying so if Shinpei can somehow convince her what the shadows are really plotting she could become an ally.

So we've finally gotten an explanation for the title (although it also worked as referring to the camera flashes creating shadows), as Shinpei's eye "renders" possible futures like a videogame allowing him to choose between them. That fight with Ushio and the shadow nurse was so hype, this show can bust out some serious sakuga when it wants to. For all his "take a step back" Shinpei understandably let his emotions take over when he intervened to stop Haine from feeding on original Ushio's body even though they were planning to loop back anyways and that decision bit him in the ass. Good thing Hizuru was there so he could make the save with the Mercuric Chloride (though that's definitely his most painful "suicide" yet, the VA definitely did a good job of acting like he was rasping out his last words through a ravaged throat).

Even given her appearance Haine/Hiruko is disarmingly childish for an ancient man-eating eldritch horror. Makes me wonder how much of that is taken from the original girl whose form she copied.

Spy X Family Episode 11: Anya gets her first Stella Star by trying to save a little boy from drowning, but she lets it get to her head. Next episode will be the last one until the show comes back.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Shikimori-san done
    Pretty cute show. I liked Izumi and Shikimori's relationship and the friends were good characters too. Honestly, not the next revolution in romcom or anything but a perfectly decent show to see an anime couple be cute. Not bad
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Shikimori: Cute and charming to the end, it put a smile on my face. Pity that wasn't a lips kiss, but I'll take it. This show surpassed my expectations and was a pleasant watch to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Spy X Family Episode 12: This was a nice episode and an okay place to stop at for now.
    My favorite parts were Yor knocked that guy's head into the ceiling and when the workers at the aquarium put the new guy they hired that Twilight impersonated in charge.
    The anime has been so good so far and I hope the next part is just as good.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs