Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2022 Anime, AKA the Spy x Family Thread

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Strongest Demon Lord reincarnated as Typical Nobody done
    Was fun for someone addicted to these kind of generic power fantasies. Had some neat stuff in there and I enjoyed the last arc.
    RPG Fudosan done
    Cute fantasy show. Hornier than expected, which is nice. And didn't expect that last arc to play how it did. Overall a nice watch
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 22nd, 2022 at 10:32 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Skeleton Knight done. Pretty fun show. Arc is an entertaining MC with how much he enjoys his isekai life, I had a good time with this show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Date a Live IV done. Easily the best season (also best production values since S1), and thank fuck S5 is confirmed at the end of the episode because GODDAMN CLIFFHANGER. YOU CAN'T END A SEASON HERE, WTF? I NEED MORE NOW
    Koi wa Sekai Seifuku done. Pretty good romcom. Hilarious and sweet the whole time. The drama that was there was well done, too and I love how it used the Sentai element. That finale was fun as fuck
    Kaguya-sama S3 done. Holy fuck this was great. Very good show. Also. that finale was amazing. Looking foward to the movie or S4, whatever they want to do (there's a new anime announced, but we don't know the format, could be a movie or could be a new season)
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 24th, 2022 at 02:25 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Love Live Nijigasaki S2 done. Pretty good sequel. Funny how the new characters, who I hear create lots of melodrama in the game, don't do so in the anime making them more likable. Also, funny that this is one of the few anime where when someone isn't supposed to be speaking japanese, they actually switch their language instead of having everyone speak japanese all the time. as seen with Mia and Lanzhu when they sometimes speak in english and chinese respectively (helps that they got bilingual seiyuus for these girls, it's a neat thing) but also the girls in London speaking english and Ayumu speaking some english to them herself in the brief scene of Ayumu in London in the ending
    Just a nice detail, since most anime will have the characters speak japanese even if they're say, the US goverment
    Spy x Family cour 1 done. Nice show. Pretty funny and I love the main cast. Looking foward to the 2nd cour
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 25th, 2022 at 12:20 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Spy x Family: I think that was the wrong episode to end the first cour on, especially since last week's episode has both a big achievement in Anya earning a Stella, and a big teaser for the next story arc with the doggo. Ideally they should've swapped the final two episodes of this cour for the mild "season finale" feeling to stick. That being said, this was a great episode and encapsulates what's so utterly captivating about Spy x Family. I've said sometimes (not necessarily here in BL) that I wouldn't mind XYZ series to do a show or season about its characters just going about their day, but I'm not sure if I was completely sincere in those times. However, when it comes to the Forgers, sign me right up man. The final section of the episode was just Anya playing with her toys, and it was fucking amazing.

Goddammit I love this show so much. Can't wait for October.
    burn your dread you coward

Buld Divide done. Holy shit. I came into this expecting a silly chuuni card game show. I got that and more. Really good development and story across the 2 cours for the cast and a really good ending, also still lots of chuuni card game stuff. This is great. Definitely a super hidden gem
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spy x Family and Kaguya were both great shows that put a smile on my face. I'm really looking forward to more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shit, the new Kaguya season already ended and I haven't even started it yet. At least with Spy x Family I'm fully caught up.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Kaguya S4 is already confirmed. Only a question of when.

Final episode of this season might've just been the best one so far. But I'm actually looking forward to S4 itself since it'll cover my favorite part of the manga.
    Also please keep Suzuki Masayuki for the OPs, all of them so far have been certified bangers.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That deadpan 'wow' from Lloyd and Anya killed me. Some real One Punch Man vibes there.

Lots of Aquatope on White Sands vibes this episode. Even if it feels more like a season 2 opener rather than a season 1 closer.

Kaguya: The vending machine was funny, but the Fletcher style after was *chefs kiss*. Huh, there's another episode. Did I miss last week?
    Last edited by Mattias; June 26th, 2022 at 02:47 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    This week was a double episode special.
    Big occasion and whatnot.

Kono Healer Mendokusai over. Pretty fun show. The humor won't work for everyone but it works for me. also pretty funny and sad that apparently NAZ is outsourcing Biscuit Hammer to Juumondo (the studio that did Kono Healer) and I swear the short fight for this finale episode had more animation than the Biscuit Hammer trailers (it's nothing remotely special, but the characters move, which beats how completely static Biscuit Hammer looks)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 31: This episode follows a lot of the same beats as the "Anubis" arc of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. However, where this episode suffers is the typical GG problem of cramming a plotline into a single episode. I felt the storyline definitely would have improved had they built on the mystery of Goblimon/Hanumon wielding the sword first instead of just telling us, have the crew clash against Zubamon as well who refuses to cooperate or explain what's going on until after Angoramon picks up the sword. Then Zubamon tries to make up in the next episode for it by subbing in as Ruli's Partner Digimon and whatnot.

Other than that, I was annoyed that once again the heroes think like an RPG where it's Angoramon's "turn" to fight Musyamon while Jellymon sits on the sidelines and watches. At least Gammamon had the excuse of being knocked out. The final clash being decided by a single stroke also felt underwhelming. Finally the response from Hokuto being reduced to a gag was incredibly deflating.

So yeah, not a "bad" episode but definitely could have done with being in the oven for longer.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Kyoukai Senki done. Could've been much better, but in the end I don't hate it and the 2D mecha fights were cool.. Decent show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, but wasn't it weird how Redhead Char spent the last two episodes (the last one in particular) going all battle crazy, only for them to say that all he wanted was to bring down his dad? The guy was basically giving the lite version of Major's speech from Hellsing, but we're supposed to believe he actually cares about all the people he doomed?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Looking back, with the Spring season mostly wrapped up by this point, I'm surprised how much I ended up enjoying all the dark horse shows this season. Sure Kaguya and SpyxFamily were fun, but nothing really captured my attention like Kongming, Birdie Wing or Summertime Render did. Three really amazing shows for very different reasons that ended up overshadowing everything else. Sure SpyxFamily was funny, but it couldn't really top Golf Mafia or any other of the Jojo level of crazy bullshit in Birdie wing. Summertime Render on the other hand is a really tight paced thriller that manages to make a time loop story feel like it's on a deadline, something which they tend to lack as a genre. And Kongming is just more PA Works doing their Workplace character drama/comedies that I adore, and that they managed another so soon after Aquatope is a nice surprise.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fr fr. In the future, I won't remember that much of SpyxFamily and Kaguya-sama. Sure, I'll be "oh I liked those anime", and they're both amazing (Kaguya de-throning FMAB it's hilarious) but Kongming? My first reaction will be to say "that shit was the highlight of 2022."
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Birdie Wing may end up becoming my default "Oh you like anime? Here's some crazy shit" recommendation.

Birdie Wing 1st half over. 2nd half in January. Fucking surprise of the season. Like, I expect maybe so cute girls doing golf stuff and got so much crazy shit that it's amazing. This show is great.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Spy x Family Episode 10: I forgot how much of a giant that one kid was lol. And the little references and animations, like Damien being on Namek were just so fun and cool. And it's all over a dodgeball game. Yor just parting the water and breaking down the trees was funny too.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs