Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2022 Anime, AKA the Spy x Family Thread

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Isecutioner: Fun finish, all sorts of interesting pieces in play for the rest of the story. I'm tempted to buy the novels, and I'd definitely watch another season. This was a pleasant surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kaguya: Powerful episode with Kaguya and Shirogane having a nice time. Also Lino getting whapped upside the head like she deserves.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Spy X Family Episode 9: With Yuri drunk he decides to ask You and Twilight to kiss to prove they're married, but gets them to stop because he can't bear to see it and that is so funny.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    after Madonna parody, now they did a-ha?

wonder if Kaguya-sama author loves classic songs or it's anime stuff. maybe both?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Kaguya: A good prelude to what's to come. Next week will be a double-length special for the season finale. Really looking forward to that one.
    Spy Family: This episode was so good. They captured the drowning sequence impeccably and I was feeling even more proud of Anya here than I did when I read the manga. And Anya adlibbing the characters in her fantasies of "achieving World Peace" was genius. Next episode will be the penguin side-story, and then after that I dunno if it's the end of the season or a split cour situation. Either way can't wait for what will come after that.
    burn your dread you coward

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Spy x Family is split cour. Next half airs in fall (starts in October)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (You can tell when the staff really love a particular episode since they do bonus art on social media)

Digimon Ghost Game Episode 30: Between a human teaming up with "monsters" to the heavier emphasis on the COTD, this definitely got a lot closer to a typical Kitarou episode than the usual GG fare. Despite not much of significance happening aside from Aoi becoming aware of Angoramon, it was still an enjoyable episode. My only major criticism would be the whole "turning people into dolls" felt a bit stretched out in the first half, could have trimmed the pizza guy and social worker to spend a few minutes exploring what caused Kayono to fall into such a psychotic state.

Very curious to see if next week is Angoramon's Super Evolution episode or not.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

MobuSeka over. Despite the shitty production values from ENGI, this was a fun show. Leon and Lux were great. Also love Livia and Angie, they had good development. Also, a bit funny this QUALITYfest went for 2D mecha instead of CG (even when they did use CG for the monster hordes in the final arc). Still fun show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    MobuSeka over. Despite the shitty production values from ENGI, this was a fun show. Leon and Lux were great. Also love Livia and Angie, they had good development. Also, a bit funny this QUALITYfest went for 2D mecha instead of CG (even when they did use CG for the monster hordes in the final arc). Still fun show
    A little disappointed they chose to end it here, rather then finish the 'first game', but it was fun to watch. I'd watch a second season if they made one, although I hope they're able to hire some animators next time.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Spy x Family is split cour. Next half airs in fall (starts in October)
    Alright. Thanks.
    burn your dread you coward

BRS Dawn Fall over. Still waiting for subs to finish understanding everything, but still personal AOTS. That was solidified when they had the goddamn OG Miku song playing for the final episode credits, serving as a reminder of how this started as someone posting his OC and someone else liking the OC and making a Miku song for said OC.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mobsekai: Fun show, would watch another season, maybe even buy LNs. Leon, good luck with the Queen. Angie and Livia, good luck with Leon.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    BRS Dawn Fall over. Still waiting for subs to finish understanding everything, but still personal AOTS. That was solidified when they had the goddamn OG Miku song playing for the final episode credits, serving as a reminder of how this started as someone posting his OC and someone else liking the OC and making a Miku song for said OC.
    Subs are out. By the way, do you prefer the Persona theme of the first anime or the Earth Siege theme of this anime? ... Also, Persona is one thing, but kudos for anyone who got the Earth Siege reference.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    DDD finished. I enjoyed it as a melodrama heavy sports show, but it also feels like it's only the first half of a season.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Subs are out. By the way, do you prefer the Persona theme of the first anime or the Earth Siege theme of this anime? ... Also, Persona is one thing, but kudos for anyone who got the Earth Siege reference.
    I like both for different reasons, but personally I love the post-apoc war vs machines. That it’s longer helps. I like shows about mankind struggling after the end and pushing back against the odds
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Healer Girl done. Neat show. Nothing very special for me. But still well done
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Binged a bunch of shows tonight, many of which were the end stretch of their respective runs:

MobSekai: Break away Princeapality lauching a premeptive strike with a new type of war weapon in overwhemling number? Sieg Zeon? Would have loved for the mc to point out someone as the Char or Zabi. It does tick me off that they went from the "Am I just a pet to you?" plot of the festival arc, to the "Am I just a pet to you?" plot of this one. All they needed to do was not reconcile at the end of the festival, but they did and then just repeated the same story beats, only now with overt magic. Still, Gundam Kazuma Satou was fun enough for me to watch another season.

IseCutioner: So the more you use a power, the less you remember. Chalk another one up in the "Menou is really a Lost One" tally. This loli is just FGo's Ashiya Douman, isn't she? Okay, time out to appeciate the bluntness of these subs. during Akari's flashback of earth when she sees the flowers on her desk, the sub pulls a Keikaku. "Flowers are put on the desk of dead students. (Akari was being bullied)" Almost made me spit out my drink. You know, the CG on CentiLoli isn't even that bad. It just clashes terribly with the 2D so it sticks out like a sore thumb. The constant shifting from 2D to 3D and back doesn't help either. Everytime Akari wipes herself, Burn My Dread starts playing in my head. She is the Shadow, the True Self. All in all though, another show I'd like to see return.

Love Live Nijisaki: Ugh, just way too much cast bloat for me to really care about anyone, aside from the two new additions who both got enough development as the main antagonists in the first half. Thank god Superstar is back next season, I really enjoyed that one. Maybe even more than the OG. Kanon is a QT.

AMAIM: I remain really torn on this show until the end. On one hand I love the fact it's almost entirely classic 2d (or unobtrusive 3d) mechs. On the other hand, the story does absolutely nothing for me, and any charm the characters had has long since dried up with the shift to angst. I just hope in my heart Witch of Mercury maintains at least this level of detail, even though I know in my head that the shows were probably being made at the same time so there's little crossover between the two.

Dawn of the Witch: The Shota used Avatar State! It's Super Effective! Wow, between mother beheading, arm hammering and filament wire-ing, this episode went pretty hard on the graphic disfigurement. Not a single obnoxious shadow sensor in sight. I do like the Kill Bill vibe all the characters have going on here, where they don't begrudge all the poeple who want them dead because they've ruined so many lives. A magical potion to supply energy to other mages, eh? Wonder if this is gonna F/SN suddenly? (nope, they keep it PG (aside from last episodes gruesome dismemberments(and this one's child abuse))). Man, Tyrant has about as muh luck with limbs as Taylor Hebert does in Worm.

Yuusha Yamemasu done. One of this season's hidden gems. It started as a fantasy workplace comedy but as we kept finding more about Leo it gradually became an story about finding new goals and purpose. Love how it was done. Pretty good show.
    Tomodachi Game done. Fun show. I love Yuuichi's crazy plans and his edgy personality. Also, all the misteries set up. Ends in a cliffhanger, but I heard that if they want to be faithful to the manga, the only way to avoid cliffhanger'd to just go full long-runner as the manga's full of cliffhangers, and there's no way to make a good ending for an anime.
    Last edited by bassgs435; June 21st, 2022 at 02:15 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    IseCutioner: So the more you use a power, the less you remember. Chalk another one up in the "Menou is really a Lost One" tally. This loli is just FGo's Ashiya Douman, isn't she? Okay, time out to appeciate the bluntness of these subs. during Akari's flashback of earth when she sees the flowers on her desk, the sub pulls a Keikaku. "Flowers are put on the desk of dead students. (Akari was being bullied)" Almost made me spit out my drink. You know, the CG on CentiLoli isn't even that bad. It just clashes terribly with the 2D so it sticks out like a sore thumb. The constant shifting from 2D to 3D and back doesn't help either. Everytime Akari wipes herself, Burn My Dread starts playing in my head. She is the Shadow, the True Self. All in all though, another show I'd like to see return.
    Given Pandemonium's whole theme is cheesy B-movies, her monster form being out-of-place CGI is weirdly appropriate, actually.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, that's a good point. Even the constant animation sytle shifts fits early 2000's movies.