Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Sea-monster Crisis: Floating Island of the Innocent

Blog Entries
    It is hard to do 90+ with all event CE, so I'm going for the easy farming route instead. Siegfried for killing the dragon, Morgan and two Light Koyan for the rest.

Also, Eresh's convincing is doomed to fail as she has an appearance of a eroga beauty while Dagon is stuck as a monster

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    I don't bother to 3 turn outside of lotto events and raids.

So I just clearing 90+ with 6CE in 4-5 turns. Anyway it would be cleared on natural AP even before event end going with my estimation over 5 90+ clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I quite like Dagon being mad about his misidentification and shift to spooky sea demon. That's cool.

I like Taisui's design in a vacuum but he looks very out of place in Fate, and that's saying a lot since GO has so many wildly different art styles and character designs as it is.
    I think its the colourscheme

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Judging by the story structure and writing, I'm guessing Meteo wrote most of it, with some Nasu tampering in crucial parts. Touching big things like Taoism and Nasu babies definitely required his attention to some degree, even if he didn't directly write any of it.
    Wasn't according to case files stuff most of the taoism/xian stuff there made primarily by higashide, sakurai and of course sanda?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    I thought he was the 60 Taisui-class gods merged into one, and then a portion of the divinity became a servant, but I guess I’m wrong.
    Going indepth is going to take forever. But to be brief, the 60 Taisui gods are basically representatives of the total of 60 years within the Chinese sexagenary cycle system where you pair one of the 12 Chinese Zodiac sign with one of the 10 tiangan, each of these gods have different names and functions, requiring different offerings. The reason for the split is because Jupiter takes roughly 12 months to make a full rotation cycle of itself, matching 1 year cycle, 12 years to complete a cycle around the sun matching 1 Chinese Zodiac cycle, and 5 of those cycles (Five Elements) makes up 60 years.

Here is an image depicting all 60 of them:

And I did know about how stars were deified and used in star-reading and folk tales across China, but beyond them being heavenly generals, I couldn’t find any sources of that. Care to share in depth?
    Taisui being heavenly generals is because each of the 60 are originally martial generals, thus they are considered more violent than other gods. But each of them have different personalities and preferences, even different talents and using different weapons (as you can see in the group picture) so each year you need to know who is in charge to make offerings accordingly. Such as for the ones wielding swords, he is a nasty and violent one so you are more likely to get into a lot of misfortune, but if the Taisui is using a brush then he is more on the good side and can even be your god of fortune that year.

The version we got from TM is specifically their leader, the great general Taisui called Yin Jiao (later Fengshen Yanyi depicted him as one of king Zhou's son). Think of the 60 Taisuis as generals of a heavenly army's divisions and Yin Jiao is their commander-in-chief. All of them are Taisui Xingjun, but they have their own names. Taisui Xingjun is a title shared by all of them since they are all Jupiter deities. Yin Jiao is not directly involved with governing these years, but through offerings to him you can also appease the 60 others below him, although it is believed that it's better to deal with each individual Taisui instead. This is why to differentiate him from the rest, whenever Taoists refer to him, they use the name Yin Jiao instead, cuz if you just come out and ask about Taisui Xingjun, they will ask you "Which one?".

It feels like another case similar to Jiang Ziya tbh, where Japan prefers to call him by his epithet Taigong Wang than his real name. In this case they called Yin Jiao by his title Taisui Xingjun instead of his true name, without realizing there are 60 of these Taisui Xingjun (plus 1 being Yin Jiao).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Wasn't according to case files stuff most of the taoism/xian stuff there made primarily by higashide, sakurai and of course sanda?
    Nah, they all had to consult Nasu and based their writing on his lore set up.

Blog Entries
    Ah, the good old times where my elders rush to temples to get in the good graces of the year's Taisui.

Like Lily said, TM chose Yin Jiao here, but in Chinese traditions, when we go to get in the good grace of the Taisui, it has to be the one specifically of that year and which the year you are born in is in conflict with him. Pretty complicated stuff, so my job is to line up and carry the offerings only.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I quite like Dagon being mad about his misidentification and shift to spooky sea demon. That's cool.

I like Taisui's design in a vacuum but he looks very out of place in Fate, and that's saying a lot since GO has so many wildly different art styles and character designs as it is.
    I keep hearing this, about him and the sisters, and I don't really get it honestly. He looks like the love child of QSH and Douman, I don't see how the style stands out more than any other thing we've had at this point

Blog Entries
    So I'm guessing there's not a lot of story to the Extra Quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    So I'm guessing there's not a lot of story to the Extra Quests?
    I assume you mean the ones that give the Taisui copies, in which case no, there's none at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    I don't bother to 3 turn outside of lotto events and raids.

So I just clearing 90+ with 6CE in 4-5 turns. Anyway it would be cleared on natural AP even before event end going with my estimation over 5 90+ clears.
    My time is very valuable, please understand. Though, I just run 5 CE and 3 turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    OK... so can anyone explain who this Taisui Xingjun is supposed to be? They're very obviously an amalgamation of deities, but more of EXTRA Jack the Ripper than anything from FGO itself. Quite lost as to who this guy's supposed to be, and ny knowledge of Chinese myths is meager enough as is.

Also, is the Dagon being mentioned the bibical Dagon? The one twice laid low before the Ark's presence?
    Last edited by Tabris; April 14th, 2022 at 07:57 AM.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    OK... so can anyone explain who this Taisui Xingjun is supposed to be? They're very obviously an amalgamation of deities, but more of EXTRA Jack the Ripper than anything from FGO itself. Quite lost as to who this guy's supposed to be, and ny knowledge of Chinese myths is meager enough as is.
    Bruh. I literally explained who he is just a few posts above.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    >FGO fan
    >Reading
    pick one

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hajime-chan + Double Castoria + Arjuna Alter does it in 3 turns

Sasuga Hajime-chan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Bruh. I literally explained who he is just a few posts above.
    As much as I'd like to say tl;dr, I did read it and... shit, I'll just read it again.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    As much as I'd like to say tl;dr, I did read it and... shit, I'll just read it again.
    Here's a more dumb down TLDR: Jupiter has 61 gods governing it in Taoism, all shares the Taisui Xingjun title, but each one are different individuals. Typemoon version is the leader of the other 60s, name Yin Jiao. However we don't summon the original Yin Jiao, we summoned a Yin Jiao using the Feng, the mythical meat-like monsters that we called the Cons in the event. And since the Feng is also called Taisui, which is ALSO a name of a rare type of lingzhi mushroom that sprout underground just like the Feng's natural habitat (Ganoderma Lucidum, if you want to go scientific), it created a syncretism through the same naming of Taisui, thus the Yin Jiao summoned in FGO is an amalgamation of the Feng colony, while still keeping certain functions of the real Yin Jiao, thus Alter-Ego class.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    You know, considering how proficient Morgan is in utilizing Chaldea's systems, from using residual energy to rayshift to modifying FATE summoning ritual to call forth suitable Servant to deal with a threat, I wonder how much further she could take it. Next thing you know, she might even turn herself into a Grand Berserker.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Morgan herself is the reason behind her many re-runs!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Who is more of a genius magus, Kirschtaria or Morgan?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Probably Morgan. I don't think he can do the stuff she does with such ease and speed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kirschtaria is a perfect genius by current standards. Morgan is a perfect genius by 500AD Britain standards. They're almost not even comparable.

Blog Entries
    How foolish of me to expect for an NP2 Morgan with just a few hundred SQs. I am now utterly bankrupt.