Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20252829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate:Lost Einherjar - Aslaug of the Aurora

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd say it's the opposite of interesting because the overmonitoring results in this set of rules that I'm really not a fan of so far.

US Friend Code
    The no Master killing one definitely lessens the stakes but if this is basically an e-sport being livestreamed to mages everywhere I understand the in-universe reasoning. I can't say I like the direction either though.
    The third rule being censored gives me the feeling something bad will happen to whoever wins, though.

Certified Bazett Appreciator Armandoiskyu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The no Master killing one definitely lessens the stakes but if this is basically an e-sport being livestreamed to mages everywhere I understand the in-universe reasoning. I can't say I like the direction either though.
    The third rule being censored gives me the feeling something bad will happen to whoever wins, though.
    I believe it's something like they get quarentined or something happens to the master, it does seem like they'll get killed or treated like an SCP because of it, after all this seems to be treated as a sort of experiment, maybe the association has a similar mindset to the US in strange Fake regarding the war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Imagine having to win at Servant Fortnite only to be designated for sealing.

Certified Bazett Appreciator Armandoiskyu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shit happens moment

Thank you very much

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Hi everyone,

The translation for the Prologue is done.
    Please check it out in the Translation Section.

Thank You,
    PhoenixRising
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I don't think that the "don't kill the Master" rule being a thing means it won't happen. In fact, I think it's basically just begging to happen.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'd say it's the opposite of interesting because the overmonitoring results in this set of rules that I'm really not a fan of so far.
    While I understand this thought process, I consider it from an entirely different angle. Consider, FSN told us that the war was between 7 servants and masters, one of which definitely being the Hassan-i-Sabbah. So we ended up with 9 servants, Kojirou Sasaki and a servant who doubled as a master. When Fate presents a rule, it is almost certainly with the intent that it will be broken almost immediately, and these rules are even more tenuous because they're not enforced by any steadfast phenomenon like magic or physics. This is basically the Association's wishlist for their first run at sponsoring a grail war. This is gonna go tits up faster than you can say Titanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not asking for a big moment where a Master dies. I'm asking for Masters to be constantly on field interacting with their Servants and the other Masters.

Spoiler:
    Sure, we get that outside of the designated battle hours because every Master being made to live under the same roof, but every other Fate/ offered both the combat and non-combat flavors of interaction while this ruleset denies one of the two. Granted, Sakurai sometimes does funny things with how battling Servants can only hear one side of their opponents telepathic conversations, so the rules aren't poorly utilized on top of being bad. And there's almost something clever in the Istorre strategy of having Gagam as their official Master so Memel is free to go anywhere as an on-field Master, but concept hinges on Memel ever doing something interesting, which I still haven't seen happening.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I guess that's fair. Something like Kuzuki kicking ass or Illya being creepy can't really happen if hostile interactions are off the table. I wouldn't rule it out from happening completely, though - it's still too early to tell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    one of which definitely being the Hassan-i-Sabbah.
    Worth pointing out that particular rule is "established" long after being broken. I don't recall at any point the Assassin-is-always-Hassan rule being mentioned until into HF. So in that case, the exception came before the rule itself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Worth pointing out that particular rule is "established" long after being broken. I don't recall at any point the Assassin-is-always-Hassan rule being mentioned until into HF. So in that case, the exception came before the rule itself.
    True, but I was speaking broadly about the ritual as a whole and not specifically the order of the story.
    Galleries for Stuff

US Friend Code
    I'm not asking for a big moment where a Master dies. I'm asking for Masters to be constantly on field interacting with their Servants and the other Masters.

Spoiler:
    Sure, we get that outside of the designated battle hours because every Master being made to live under the same roof, but every other Fate/ offered both the combat and non-combat flavors of interaction while this ruleset denies one of the two. Granted, Sakurai sometimes does funny things with how battling Servants can only hear one side of their opponents telepathic conversations, so the rules aren't poorly utilized on top of being bad. And there's almost something clever in the Istorre strategy of having Gagam as their official Master so Memel is free to go anywhere as an on-field Master, but concept hinges on Memel ever doing something interesting, which I still haven't seen happening.
    Oh, yeah, I totally get it when you put it like that. That is a shame.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar

Spoiler:
    I had a feeling the grail war being in doubles thing in itself was just a way to have a lot of servants without bothering with making any meaningful or interesting master bonding and writing. Basically servants are cooler so let's cut down on the amount of masters

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't know, Lemina still has a lot of presence, so I'd rather chalk it up as an attempt to have the normal Master-Servant interactions and FGO's Servant-Servant interactions at the same time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I had a feeling the grail war being in doubles thing in itself was just a way to have a lot of servants without bothering with making any meaningful or interesting master bonding and writing. Basically servants are cooler so let's cut down on the amount of masters
    This is being set in the Apo world
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I personally like the rules. A Holy Grail War that's more like an official competition seems very fun to read for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryugasaikyou View Post
    I personally like the rules. A Holy Grail War that's more like an official competition seems very fun to read for me.
    They already had Fate/Extra do a sort of tournament bracket war, but this one is much more personal and I look forward to it.
    Galleries for Stuff

Sacrifices aside, I do think the idea has potential. Only time will tell if that potential is fully realized. The Association's always been involved in Grail Wars but this is the first time they've taken a fully hands-on approach I think and that's certainly something worth looking at.