Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Mahoutsukai no Yoru translation. What is next?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar

Official Mahoutsukai no Yoru translation. What is next?

https://www.gamerbraves.com/type-moo...witch-and-ps4/

I know this is discussed in other mega threads but I think this is important enough to get its own thread.
    This is huge.

This was so long overdue to happen for anything type moon to be released in english. Perhaps now FSN will get an offical english release as well?

Better yet those light novels might get translated and released. I'd absolutely buy Fate/Zero and Fate/Apo.

Are you as excited as I am? Is this the start of a stream of type moon media being released in the west or is it too late?

So PC really is fucking dead.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    So PC really is fucking dead.
    It's relevant to note that MBTL didn't get its steam announcement for a long time. Also the in interview where Nasu explicitly stated he'd want English and Chinese for a steam/PC release... it does feel slightly possible, the fact that it's been acknowledged for Tsuki atleast- I wouldn't fully put it off the table.

With how unprecedented this situation is, it's pretty much impossible to predict if this is a one-off or a sign of things to come. We don't even know if this was a TM initiative or Aniplex pushing for it. Nasu has said that TsukiRe translations were not out of the question-he said then that they didn't have the resources to do so, but perhaps now that has changed. Of course, that was just his excuse for not doing a steam release, which begs the question of why Mahoyo HD doesn't have a PC release, but that's the mad mushroom for you.

US Friend Code
    If Tsukihime ever gets translated I won't expect it until a complete edition once Far Side is out. Since Nasu had that interview regarding Tsuki TL, I do think the Mahoyo TL may be testing the waters for it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    TL forum is for posting translations, not discussing upcoming official releases. Anyways, go on.

Next is Hollow Ataraxia so they can put a nail in the coffin of all the works that had drawbacks and changes until they finally got their fan-TL completed.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Hopefully this will be a trend towards localization. It'd suck if it's just a one and done deal. With the Extellas, NA FGO, and Shimousa and Mortalis being localized, maybe they're seeing positive enough numbers to give core titles a try.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They'll release FSN in English when the remaster comes out for the 20th anniversary in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    They'll release FSN in English when the remaster comes out for the 20th anniversary in 2024.
    Tis would ave been a meme like two years, ago . Now? actually plausible, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    Hopefully this will be a trend towards localization. It'd suck if it's just a one and done deal. With the Extellas, NA FGO, and Shimousa and Mortalis being localized, maybe they're seeing positive enough numbers to give core titles a try.
    Those are titles localized by different companies based on publisher rights, Mahoyo's most definitely all Aniplex's doing considering Nasu's interview on TsukiRE stating TM don't have the resources to do localization and I doubt they all of a sudden got the budget now.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If Tsukihime ever gets translated I won't expect it until a complete edition once Far Side is out. Since Nasu had that interview regarding Tsuki TL, I do think the Mahoyo TL may be testing the waters for it.
    I'm expecting it happen with the Tsuki:Re complete edition, when that inevitably drops. Near+Far+Satsuki DLC all in one.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Don't think Satsuki is supposed to be DLC considering she was teased along with the others in the first game. And Nasu saying there's 4 routes in Other Side.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Still so weird that Nasu decided to split it like this. I get that he wants to keep the format from the OG, but doing double the routes on the second part is so much.

Blog Entries
    I just realized he's probably going to completely redo Kohaku's route
    I'm gonna get a whole lot saltier for Red Garden.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Might be a more thematic split. He said nothing in the other side will be as "huge" in terms of scale as Ciel's route, and the Tohno side of things vs Arcueid and Ciel side of things offers a good split. Now there's the Satsuki route which you could argue would probably be more like Ciel and Arc routes but we don't know yet.

Or he just wanted to include it in the latter half for hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I just realized he's probably going to completely redo Kohaku's route
    I'm gonna get a whole lot saltier for Red Garden.
    Only Route he didn't touch much was Arc's, Ciel's was completely different, and he already said he wants to give the other girls a lot more focus so they aren't "Side-Heroines" anymore. So yes, he will.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I do think it's a thematic split, it's just a weird decision from the outside. I'd have expected it to be 3 parts then, with Far Side being split into two (not that I want that, mind you).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Satsuki's route is what the entire remake has been building up to. The big climax. The great conclusion we've all been waiting for, it obviously needs to go last.

100% completion bonus
    Another thing in my mind about the split is how Ciel-sensei explains it as A Piece of Blue Glass Moon being the action routes and Other Side of Red Garden being the mystery routes, so I feel like Akiha and Hisui will generally be same puzzles with roughly the same solutions, just accounting for Arach and Saiki's involvement in them, Kohaku will include new puzzles and maybe resolve Gouto, and Satsuki will be the where the whole mansion plot and the whole vampire plot together will be tied together through Arach's resolution.

Feels fitting to also wrap up anything we haven't seen from Mario and his clique in Satsuki route, considering we can't avoid them if we're protecting a vampire girl.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    And then Arc True.