Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Serial Film Legend: Mississippi Mythicizers (Learning with Manga collab)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I can see this Bunyan being unlikeable from this Event alone. Not sure how they're gonna redeem her by the end, and if the attempts will work.
    Columbus didn't get redeem in any way, so big Bunyan might be another example.
    Last edited by rxrx; May 1st, 2022 at 11:02 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Columbus is a 3* male villain and Bunyan is a limited SSR cute girl so she will get redeemed.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Clearly, the underlying narrative is the Big Bunyan is a jerk, and that Kid Bunyan is our pride and joy, our shining beacon of hope, trustworthy and there for us Masters.

Redeem Super Bunyan: Ascend her. Keep her in her 3rd and 4th fits.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like how the writing doesn't feel the need to explain why Anning is done being Buny's
    employee
    friend
    . We already know from firsthand experience.

Blog Entries
    I just wished they could show more how 'good' an employer Edison was as well.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I just wished they could show more how 'good' an employer Edison was as well.
    You play E Pluribus Unum for this.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Just a personal opinion

This event is the worst out of all FGO narratives, even worse than shilling of Nero in season 1 chapter 2 Rome.

S. Bunyan is the boss of a black company, making you work for her debts and make money for her using emotional leverage. For some reason, Mashu and MC just go along with it despite grumbling along and then go Bunyan Bunyan all of a sudden. It is like Caesar never getting a upcommence for his gags.

When we talk about villain characters in narratives so far, Columbus, for example is charismatic even when we know his true colors since his never give up and determination is for real and he shoulders his errors without fault, taking the front when in times of crisis. Jason got his payback in Oceanus for being too gullible and cocky. S. Bunyan just shove responsibility on others while never having to face the music. Maybe that will change? But for now, it is just bad.

Heck, the narrative doesn't seem to know what it wants to do and if not written by Riyo, is just an anti of the manga.
    Last edited by rxrx; May 2nd, 2022 at 10:45 AM.

JP Friend Code
    The whole thing feels like Nasu and Riyo wrote their pieces and didn't bothered to check for consistencies.

JP Friend Code
    I can't say anything cuz I skipped everything. Perhaps it was the right decision.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone bothered to read through the climax? Does ANYTHING of value happen in this event?

JP Friend Code
    Basically this is all just so Bunyan could have suicide by a dinosaur coz she feels guilty for screwing with nature in her frontier days.

Oh yeah, and the crocodile that Super Bunyan has is Mike Fink, who's the bad guy you defeat at the end. And Lasagne couldn't even be arsed to give it a unique battle sprite, they just reused the LB4 mobs and call it a day. Guess it wasn't as important as giving the Plesiosaurus its own battle sprite.

Are...we even sure it was written by Riyo....there was no classic riyo humor at any point during that mess....
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Alligator, but yeah.

It's not super important, but if anyone's gonna be nitpicky about Crocodilia, then let it be me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Wait a second... is Asterios not an Event Servant, despite appearing in the story???

I could really use double Success rate right about now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    Are...we even sure it was written by Riyo....there was no classic riyo humor at any point during that mess....
    Prisma, Requiem, and Waltz were all written by different authors from the main series.

It's entirely possible Riyo had no involvement in the event beyond the servant concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Prisma, Requiem, and Waltz were all written by different authors from the main series.

It's entirely possible Riyo had no involvement in the event beyond the servant concepts.
    Woah I knew about Requiem and Waltz, but Prillya too?
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

US Friend Code
    Prillya event was written by Minase (Prillya anime script writer) instead of Hiroyama (Prillya mangaka).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    Basically this is all just so Bunyan could have suicide by a dinosaur coz she feels guilty for screwing with nature in her frontier days.
    I take it that's her redemption act. I guess I can only wait and see how the reception's going.

マリーの味方
    i hate this event because it's so close to showing my city on a fate map but it doesn't

that said i side with bunyan simply because she has a maple syrup skill. you guys are just haters for hating this event, stop being cringe and don't read fate if you don't like it. she did nothing wrong (i did not read the event)