Page 78 of 358 FirstFirst ... 28687376777879808388128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 7150

Thread: Guess-A-Servant

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Random, Is there any rules against using noble phantasm

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have you ever fought any mythical creatures?

Blog Entries
    I'm cool with whatever you want to try. Experiment, Saber will answer accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Have you ever fought any mythical creatures?
    "You could say that. Demons, gods, and old hags that look like little girls. I'm pretty sure there's no Phantasmal being that I haven't slaughtered. Hag got back up though, lucky for me."

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    "Oho. Cocky, you say? I should raise the same to you. After all..."
    An aura of bloodlust expands, permeating the very space. Rather than a man, the air about Saber is that of a monster in human form. The storm rages.
    "I don't recall saying anything besides the facts, you shitty small-fry," he snarls. "This is what it takes to become a 'hero'. Dress it up with pretty words all you want. Killing is what leaves real marks on history."
    He closes his eyes, exhaling, and the fury calms to nothing.
    "So stay a shitty small-fry, brat. It's not worth it. Count your fucking blessings you ended your story peacefully, and try not to let that gift horse bite you by picking any more fights. Understand?"
    Is that How you want to play then fine, I rather die in combat than listen to your drivel.

Noble PhantasmDance of The Spirits, Serpent Tide
    Type: Anti-Demonic Beast

This Noble Phantasm is the one he gains from his Legend of Slaying the Seven Headed Serpent King. With this he conjures of illusionary serpent heads from his shawl that disorients his enemies and activating their flight or fright responses. As the are paralyzed and engulphed in the demonic mist as the shawl morphs into blade delivering a single swift strike deals the fatal blow. This Noble Phantasm works better for beast type servants.

Blog Entries
    Does your sword have a name associated with it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    Is that How you want to play then fine, I rather die in combat than listen to your drivel.

Noble PhantasmDance of The Spirits, Serpent Tide
    Type: Anti-Demonic Beast

This Noble Phantasm is the one he gains from his Legend of Slaying the Seven Headed Serpent King. With this he conjures of illusionary serpent heads from his shawl that disorients his enemies and activating their flight or fright responses. As the are paralyzed and engulphed in the demonic mist as the shawl morphs into blade delivering a single swift strike deals the fatal blow. This Noble Phantasm works better for beast type servants.
    [click for combat check]Combat check!
    Attack, first stage:
    Mental interference, Rank B+ (N.P.)
    Rank B = 40 points
    "Demonic Beast" trait, not found. "+" modifier not active.
    Noble Phantasm modifier: 40x2 = 80 points

Final score: 80 points
    Defence: ██████████ A+
    Defence: Tsukuba-dō B
    Composite skill: relevant components are Instinct, Bravery
    Rank A + Rank B = 50+40 = 90 points
    Instinct, detecting Noble Phantasm, activating "+" modifier. (+50 points)
    90+50 = 140 points

Final score: 140 points

Attack (80) vs Defence (140)

Saber resisted [Fear].
    Attack, second stage:
    High-speed damage, Rank B+ (N.P.)
    Rank B = 40 points

Agility parameter A = 50 points
    Bonus from Swift Strider, Rank B+ = 50+80 = 130 points

80+130 = 210 points
    Final score: 210 points
    Defence: Valorous Incarnation A++
    Rank A++ = 150 points
    Composite skill: relevant components are Instinct, Mad Enhancement
    150+50 = 200 points
    200+50 = 250 points

Raised from Mad Enhancement A+ to AGI A+ = 100 points

Saber resists [Berserk] (self-applied) with Tsukuba-dō B.

250+100 = 350 points
    Final score: 350 points
    Attack (210) vs Defence (350)
    Saber successfully guards against Noble Phantasm [Dance of The Spirits, Serpent Tide].

From the demonic mist come a number of serpentine heads, winding in a fearsome illusion. From the fog, a fiercely swift streak of silver cuts with speed beyond the realm of man - the decisive fatal blade of Gajah Merik, hastened by his Noble Phantasm of tremendous swiftness, slashes as he once did the seven-headed king of snakes.

Clang.

Without its target batting an eyelid, it strikes against metal. A large sword, glowing in an eerie light, blocks the blow effortlessly. Saber stares down at the boy with boredom... and a tinge of disappointment.

"Y'know, I'm not really the type to disable my opponents, but you seem to be anyway."

A flick of his wrist. A roaring rush of magical energy.
    Merik's arm is thrown aside. In an instant, a knee in his gut.
    The boy is sent flying, tumbling against the ground from the godlike force a single kick.

"You've got guts. But I meant what I said. You shitty knock-offs aren't any stronger than each other. It's your foes from your lifetimes who were weak. King of serpents? Give me a break," he glares. "Your enemies couldn't stand up the the faeces of mine."

Does your sword have a name associated with it?
    "This thing? More names than I can count. Most of them are technically the names of fakes though."
    He gives it a few leisurely swings.
    "Not complaining. Nobody but me can even handle the real deal anyway."

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    [click for combat check]Combat check!
    Attack, first stage:
    Mental interference, Rank B+ (N.P.)
    Rank B = 40 points

Final score: 80 points
    Defence: Tsukuba-dō B
    Composite skill: relevant components are Instinct, Bravery
    Rank A + Rank B = 50+40 = 90 points
    90+50 = 140 points

Final score: 140 points

Attack (80) vs Defence (140)

Saber resisted [Fear].
    Attack, second stage:
    High-speed damage, Rank B+ (N.P.)
    Rank B = 40 points

Bonus from Swift Strider, Rank B+ = 50+80 = 130 points

80+130 = 210 points
    Final score: 210 points
    Defence: Valorous Incarnation A++
    Rank A++ = 150 points
    Composite skill: relevant components are Instinct, Mad Enhancement
    150+50 = 200 points
    200+50 = 250 points

Raised from Mad Enhancement A+ to AGI A+ = 100 points

Saber resists [Berserk] (self-applied) with Tsukuba-dō B.

250+100 = 350 points
    Final score: 350 points
    Attack (210) vs Defence (350)
    Saber successfully guards against Noble Phantasm [Dance of The Spirits, Serpent Tide].

From the demonic mist come a number of serpentine heads, winding in a fearsome illusion. From the fog, a fiercely swift streak of silver cuts with speed beyond the realm of man - the decisive fatal blade of Gajah Merik, hastened by his Noble Phantasm of tremendous swiftness, slashes as he once did the seven-headed king of snakes.

Clang.

Without its target batting an eyelid, it strikes against metal. A large sword, glowing in an eerie light, blocks the blow effortlessly. Saber stares down at the boy with boredom... and a tinge of disappointment.

"Y'know, I'm not really the type to disable my opponents, but you seem to be anyway."

A flick of his wrist. A roaring rush of magical energy.
    Merik's arm is thrown aside. In an instant, a knee in his gut.
    The boy is sent flying, tumbling against the ground from the godlike force a single kick.

"You've got guts. But I meant what I said. You shitty knock-offs aren't any stronger than each other. It's your foes from your lifetimes who were weak. King of serpents? Give me a break," he glares. "Your enemies couldn't stand up the the faeces of mine."
    Sorry, About him. I am his master, The guy always seem a bit hotheaded. But Tsukuba no Do as in mount Tsukuba isn't the very mountain that Japan was sprung from do you have any relation with the two creator deities of Japan. Izanagi and Izanami Perhaps and as for you Gerik. I am taking you back to the base. No back talk.

Blog Entries

"​Oh dear, don't mind me. Just your average overworked, unpaid salaryman here. The Master just enlisted my help to look over Lord Enma's records. I wonder if your name's in the registry somewhere... or maybe you're one of those people too divine or too immortal to ever step foot in his court?"

Blog Entries
    Sorry, About him. I am his master, The guy always seem a bit hotheaded. But Tsukuba no Do as in mount Tsukuba isn't the very mountain that Japan was sprung from do you have any relation with the two creator deities of Japan. Izanagi and Izanami Perhaps and as for you Gerik. I am taking you back to the base. No back talk.
    "It's fine. I can guess how it is with kids."
    Saber doesn't seem particularly fazed by the whole affair. It appears that wasn't even thinking about it as a fight.
    "Tsukaba has a lot of... adjacent bullshit. I can't rule out that my old teacher was somehow connected to those two, but she was definitely human. As for me... I've never seen 'em, nor do I have much to do with 'em."
    "​Oh dear, don't mind me. Just your average overworked, unpaid salaryman here. The Master just enlisted my help to look over Lord Enma's records. I wonder if your name's in the registry somewhere... or maybe you're one of those people too divine or too immortal to ever step foot in his court?"
    "A lackey from old man Enma, huh. We're not on good terms, he and I. Could be because I gave him all that work to sort out," Saber mutters dryly. "Or because I murdered a bunch of his friends, but that seems unlikely."
    With a self-depreciating shrug, he puts his sword away.
    To the layman's eye, it is a simple act of sheathing the blade, but Takamura is more perceptive than that.
    For some reason, Saber doesn't want him looking at it.
    "Don't know if I'd be in the records or not. My Divinity's maxed out, so I doubt it. I'm certainly not in his underworld."
    Last edited by Random; May 21st, 2022 at 02:49 AM.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries
    Very much a long shot, but was his teacher Wakanuke?

Blog Entries
    Saber... chuckles.
    "Well, you got the era roughly on the mark, but there was no way that she and I could have ever met. Besides, Shishou was a saniwa who used magical arts, not a swordswoman."
    He snaps his fingers, and a ghostly fire appears.
    "That's what Tsukuba-dō is."

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maxed out divinity, have you always been a god if not how did you exactly pull it off, not even great heroes just became a god. Not everyone is Heracles

Blog Entries
    "Yeah, well, some of us are Heracles," he shrugs. "My situation is... complicated. I'm a demigod who was born as a shard of a different god. I was a human, but I became a brand new god all of my own after death. Even my sword is a Divine Spirit, both the same Divine Spirit that I am and the original that I was a fragment of. My father was deified too, but for completely separate reasons, so he doesn't even come close to me when comparing the strength of our Divinity. It was different while I was alive, but at this point, I'm basically only a mortal on paper."

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries
    wtf is that origin story
    so father=sword=demigod<Saber=sword<father

where to start here...
    Are you related to Takemikazuchi?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Honestly the most obvious named legendary Japanese sword I can think of is the Kusanagi, and it also had a bunch of names before Yamato Takeru gave it its most memorable name.
    So, just to be sure... is your sword the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, or at least a variant of it?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    "I see, what kind of god are you exactly. From what you said are since your are quite skilled with that blade and have the aura of a storm. I am guessing you are related either towards Raijin, Susanoo no Mikoto or Takemikazuchi."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    wtf is that origin story
    so father=sword=demigod<Saber=sword<father

where to start here...
    Are you related to Takemikazuchi?
    "That guy has nothing to do with me. Like I say, I was a human during my lifetime. It's just... Ugh," he clicks his tongue in irritation. "My dad was a demigod. So I'm a demigod. I'm also a piece of another god with no blood relation to either of us. The sword is that god, but it's also the same god that I became. Takemikazuchi has a few similarities with me, but they're surface level. He was born way before I was even a glimmer in my old man's ballsack. And when my dad died, he became his own deity for other reasons that have nothing to do with me or my sword, which means that I'd be a double demigod, as well as a full god."
    He grumbles.
    "And honestly, given the lengths I went to distance myself from my family, the lineage questions are kind of a fuckin' racket."

Honestly the most obvious named legendary Japanese sword I can think of is the Kusanagi, and it also had a bunch of names before Yamato Takeru gave it its most memorable name.
    So, just to be sure... is your sword the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, or at least a variant of it?
    "One and the same. There've been plenty of fakes over the years, especially since a certain fucking idiot lost it at Dan-no-Ura, but the fakes are all technically the real deal as well. That's the nature of this sword."

"I see, what kind of god are you exactly. From what you said are since your are quite skilled with that blade and have the aura of a storm. I am guessing you are related either towards Raijin, Susanoo no Mikoto or Takemikazuchi."
    "None of the above. I don't care for lightning. I'm a war god. My storm is the kamikaze."
    Last edited by Random; May 21st, 2022 at 02:52 PM.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "That guy has nothing to do with me. Like I say, I was a human during my lifetime. It's just... Ugh," he clicks his tongue in irritation. "My dad was a demigod. So I'm a demigod. I'm also a piece of another god with no blood relation to either of us. The sword is that god, but it's also the same god that I became. Takemikazuchi has a few similarities with me, but they're surface level. He was born way before I was even a glimmer in my old man's ballsack. And when my dad died, he became his own deity for other reasons that have nothing to do with me or my sword, which means that I'd be a double demigod, as well as a full god."
    What the fuck

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Hachiman maybe?

Blog Entries
    this is the ancient japanese idea of wanking their heroes i guess

please understand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Hachiman maybe?
    "No cigar," he sighs. "He's younger than me, and in the first place, guy's an Archer."

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll