Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [EN] Fate/Requiem: Board Games of the Apocalypse

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Erice’s temp summon line translation very conspicuously doesn’t match the Japanese voiceline

They censored her age. Probably to avoid problems with her FA.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    And the other Ascensions too. Would’ve preferred them to censor that atrocious outfit instead.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    While that would be great there are still people who will whinge for eternity on just the age thing, I'd rather not have an EMIYA alter "let's spam every social media post about this for months on end" repeat

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No mention of Abby's or Erice's ages ever made it to the English script. It's a thing since the Salem translation. Meaning it was most likely decided back at the height of the Emiya Alter post spamming era.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    While that would be great there are still people who will whinge for eternity on just the age thing, I'd rather not have an EMIYA alter "let's spam every social media post about this for months on end" repeat
    This. Dear lord was that so ridiculous to sit through and people STILL end up being so "hurt" about that which truly baffles me.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    TFW you want to see what kind of forced support challenges the devs made, but you keep crushing the first three and never get to them because you're too drunk to take a dive.

I'm kind of loving Bunny King for the board quests. Give her a decent Caster and a MC with 10% Np and she can solo everything without worrying about class disadvantage. I just wish she had a little more Unga to her without a 100% damage up.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    TFW you want to see what kind of forced support challenges the devs made, but you keep crushing the first three and never get to them because you're too drunk to take a dive.
    Achilles VS Penth (Achilles NPs immediately)
    Atalante and Jason VS Charlotte (Jason is invincible until you defeat Atalante)
    Romulus, Caesar and Caligula VS Altera (target focus on Romulus)
    Leonidas VS Arash (leonidas has resistance to NP damage and he is weak to crits)
    Iskandar and Waver VS Darius (Waver can NP block you)
    Hector and Asclepius VS Saber Gilles (they have enhanced heal)
    Circe and Medea VS D'Eon (they spam debuffs)
    Chiron and Artemis VS Jeanne (they have NP damage up)
    Astraea VS Salieri (She has Crit damage up and guts)
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    This. Dear lord was that so ridiculous to sit through and people STILL end up being so "hurt" about that which truly baffles me.
    You saw how people here reacted to Queen Draco.

What's actually atrocious is the story of this event. This collab is nothing more than filler with three Requiem characters tacked. It's an excellent case study in why they should wait for Narita to finish Strange Fake before doing an event featuring it. I want to actually explore the Ontological Mystery of Requiem's setting dammit! Not play Jumanji cross bred with Psychonauts* just to help Erice deal with doing her damn job!

*and Jumanji x Psychonauts would actually be a cool premise in its own right too. Yet DW screwed that up somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    You saw how people here reacted to Queen Draco.

What's actually atrocious is the story of this event. This collab is nothing more than filler with three Requiem characters tacked. It's an excellent case study in why they should wait for Narita to finish Strange Fake before doing an event featuring it. I want to actually explore the Ontological Mystery of Requiem's setting dammit! Not play Jumanji cross bred with Psychonauts* just to help Erice deal with doing her damn job!

*and Jumanji x Psychonauts would actually be a cool premise in its own right too. Yet DW screwed that up somehow!
    Okay that's true with Queen Draco and I ultimately do agree on just waiting for the other media to actually be over before we get a collab(or at the very least have the characters complete their arcs)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dingo View Post
    What's actually atrocious is the story of this event. This collab is nothing more than filler with three Requiem characters tacked.
    Yes.

Voyager and Erice were nice, Koyo had maybe three lines of dialogue before she went Clever Girl, and everybody else was just flanderised filler with lines that had all the imagination of pokemon calls.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ideally the point of a crossover is to try and bring two separate fanbases together to get fans of one to look at the other. And the only reason I have to look into Requiem after this is to figure out why there's a shrine maiden who turns into a TRex. I honestly had more of a connection to Marie than any of the actual Servants supposedly being hyped up here.

I did like the many different formats for the event though. I just wish they were executed better.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Funny thing is you won't find out about that there either

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yes.

Voyager and Erice were nice, Koyo had maybe three lines of dialogue before she went Clever Girl, and everybody else was just flanderised filler with lines that had all the imagination of pokemon calls.
    Koyo was seriously done dirty as she actually had some really good chemistry with Marie over their lost children and shows we can get some good stuff from her without being beehoven to just be a T-Rex for the sake of it... and then she just stays as a T-Rex for the rest of the event even after the reason she did so blew right over...
    Seriously doesn't help she apparently just stays that way in Chaldeas for even less reasons than Requiem's.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finished up the event. Thank god I remembered that you can buy dice in the shop. Made those last few go times around much easier by hitting 4-6 until I get close enough to use a guaranteed dice.

Erice wasn't a really tough fight. I went with Saber Fran/Double Skadi in the front and Bride/Tamamo/Waver in the back. But I hit start quest before I changed my MC from Anni Blonde, so I decided to just run it and see how far I got. I finally got wiped by her NP when her last break bar broke, So burned the CS to team rez, buffed Fran and NpQQ'd her into oblivion.

This event is basically the poster boy for "Great ideas, bad execution".