Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 6.5 speculation

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    as well as the constant appearances of Dantès (“your husband!”), makes “dudes” feel less comfortable and assured in their role as The Only Audience
    Wonder why don't they hate Nasu instead after making Oberon the most important character in LB6 while Morgan (the main female focus) was relegated to role of antagonist outside of flashbacks.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because the actual main female focus, Arthuria, was the most important character.

マリーの味方
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually get mad over Dantes appearing in your dreams sometimes (unless they're mad he's not used properly, like me).

Sakurai does tend to be the boogeyman whenever a Servant is released that isn't for (You) though.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually get mad over Dantes appearing in your dreams sometimes (unless they're mad he's not used properly, like me).

Sakurai does tend to be the boogeyman whenever a Servant is released that isn't for (You) though.
    I bet Daybit thinks LB6 was a Sakurai chapter then

I don't get mad, but it's definitely a bit of an eyeroll moment.

Anyway it's just so funny because if you go back to like the EoR era when everyone were trying to guess writers for each chapter, it ALWAYS started out with someone complaining about the chapter going like "man this one must be higashide", so in the end you had the same people saying all four chapters were written by him. Then Higashide was great again with LB1 so now they just do that with Sakurai instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Minase is also frequently in the trenches lol, I remember when Tumblr got mad about the whole teenage parenthood subplot in LB2 and the men oppression thing in Sei's valentine event and declared that MUST be Minase, and all I could wonder as I read the two was if I was the only one who paid attention to the writing quirks that were visible in the English translation

- - - Updated - - -

I vaguely remember someone getting mad about him showing up because they felt annoyed that his appearances highlighted a bond you'd be oblivious to unless you read prison tower (fair enough) but they also just assumed that's, like, a consistent Sakurai thing and surely we must have formed a deep bond with Shuten in Onigashima/Rashamon since Guda seemed to display familiarity with her in Shimosa and realized that I feel like there's a fact checking problem in this fandom
    Last edited by mami-kouga; May 25th, 2022 at 02:59 PM.

To be fair, writing quirks are hard to parse in translation, and are especially homogenized in the official Aniplex translation. Stuff like Sakurai’s inclination to use kanji over kana whenever possible is downright impossible to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Wonder why don't they hate Nasu instead after making Oberon the most important character in LB6 while Morgan (the main female focus) was relegated to role of antagonist outside of flashbacks.
    Putting aside that as Comun said Castoria is the most important character, Oberon's feelings are rooted in subtext that you'll miss if you're not looking for it and regardless of his importance LB6 is a chapter with 4 new guys and two guys so just his appearance won't make them feel threatened. I mean, Dantes feelings are also rooted in subtext to the extent I'm surprised people do seriously treat him like he's Guda's boyfriend or something but also he's not exactly friendly to a lot of other people.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, writing quirks are hard to parse in translation, and are especially homogenized in the official Aniplex translation. Stuff like Sakurai’s inclination to use kanji over kana whenever possible is downright impossible to convey.
    What she lacks in Kanji she makes up for it in repetition and the fact that Fou only ever talks as much when she's writing. I have never read a Sakurai chapter since EOR and not intrinsically felt it was Sakurai
    Last edited by mami-kouga; May 25th, 2022 at 03:03 PM.

US Friend Code
    Come to think of it I think every time I've gone "boy Fou sure is talkative this chapter" it was one of Sakurai's. Huh.

See what I mean. Higashide, Nasu and Meteo are technically harder to identify strictly writing wise so I mostly feel out who is who by vibes. Meteo is a special case because whenever he writes I start getting kind of mad

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Depending on how you interpret its ambiguous lore bombs, Arcade is Sakurai's peak "boy Fou sure is talkative this chapter".

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Putting aside that as Comun said Castoria is the most important character, Oberon's feelings are rooted in subtext that you'll miss if you're not looking for it and regardless of his importance LB6 is a chapter with 4 new guys and two guys so just his appearance won't make them feel threatened. I mean, Dantes feelings are also rooted in subtext to the extent I'm surprised people do seriously treat him like he's Guda's boyfriend or something but also he's not exactly friendly to a lot of other people.
    Dantès got a whole event just about him for his first appearance, which makes it go from subtext to text in my estimation.

I do like how Sakurai downplays the “for (You)” aspects—the Sigurd/Brynhildr stuff was one of the highlights of LB2
    Last edited by Sssgth; May 25th, 2022 at 04:32 PM.

Soooo, from what I can gather; "dudes" only like female writers/artists when they cater to their specific tastes huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzu View Post
    Soooo, from what I can gather; "dudes" only like female writers/artists when they cater to their specific tastes huh.
    I'd say no, considering that the root of a good deal of the more recent Sakurai obsession is 4chan and the people there are sexist basement dwellers.

Not taking this bait. Would you have preferred I had said “r/grandorder users?”

Dantès got a whole event just about him for his first appearance, which makes it go from subtext to text in my estimation.

I do like how Sakurai downplays the “for (You)” aspects—the Sigurd/Brynhildr stuff was one of the highlights of LB2
    I am currently playing through said event again (out of boredom) and it's still pretty much subtext. Comparing Dantes ways of showing affection to someone like Corday is honestly kind of laughable when you think about it. But that pretty much applies to any of the guys that have canon self insert bait potential (looking at you Oberon, Ziya,)

Also Dantes was fucking meaner than I remembered the last two times I played the event lol, it's hilarious.
    Last edited by mami-kouga; May 25th, 2022 at 05:57 PM.

It's kind of obvious that people will like things that cater to their tastes and won't like things that don't. There is no need to limit it to "dudes" or only female writers.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it kind of sounds a bit disingenuous

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar

I have never heard anyone being mad over that... though to be fair, I have seen the Reddit and the constant people that complain about how Boudica keeps getting reduced as a joke due to the "Nero pandering"(Which I have never understood that a single time, especially when it came to Summer 2... dear god), Reddit constantly having people complain about Scathath-Skadi and Medb moments for really stupid reasons("Medb is forcing her to do what she wants" *looks at dialogue* ...what?) and how people seem to utterly fail to understand basic things going on with Servants for their own headcanon... and pretty terrible headcanon at that.

Like I can understand Servants not being used well(Yeah, there's definitely times that Dantes and especially Lalter is just there to show they exist and that's it, especially the goddamned latter)... but sometimes, the issue isn't the writers but more of some of the creations are little too closed circle(Penthesilea honestly feels like that example where the creator was TOO thorough and she's basically just a joke because there's nothing they can really do to give her any real development outside of Hippolayta)

EDIT: And as for the honest discussion, really? People actually get mad that a Male Servant dares to have a bond with them onscreen? That... that feels extremely insecure or extremely petty to me. I like Dantes and usually mark out when he shows up regardless just like I would if I see one of my more well liked characters appear(Ooku for me as a major Kiara fan that basically got me into Fate? Yeah, that was great and now Summer 5 is coming...) and I always had my issues of us barely having any Chaldeas Servants ever accompany us at all which makes it harder to see any real bonds be forged outside of copies summoned by the World so...
    Last edited by Gehennahem; May 25th, 2022 at 07:04 PM.

I guess I should say that the only place I've honestly seen that kind of reaction is, once again, 4chan. Which has a high concentration of very very unpleasant male weirdos unless the topic of the thread specifically scares them away like the otome, bl or Joseimuke threads (and as this is 4chan those threads ALSO have their hangups but I weirdly enough find them more bearable to survey).

Admittedly, for my own mental health I don't foray into fate twitter so how things pan out there I'm oblivious (I do remember someone posting on a tweet saying "chaldea girls collection when?" and for a moment wanting to go through my screen and slapping them) but on Reddit I think the closest I've seen to someone being "uncomfortable" was one guy for a servant I can't remember saying he wasn't really sure how to take the way the character spoke and was this how girls/people not attracted to waifus usually feel?
    Last edited by mami-kouga; May 25th, 2022 at 07:15 PM.