Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Dawn (IC)

Operator Valravn
    Liberty, L'Antiquario
    5:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Asura
    “Hi there~”
    The Liberi gave a small jump at the voice to her back. As she turned around she was relieved to find that the voice didn’t belong to a female assassin but to her coworker who she hadn’t heard come in behind her. Unless she was being paid off by the mob but that wasn’t possible.

Was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Asura
    “Nice dress, Val."
    “Thanks.” Valravn gave the Lupo a little twirl to show off her dress before taking a look at Asura’s.

“Your ensemble is quite fetching as well. We should go clothes shopping some time.” She glances over to where Sting and Nuriel were sitting at the counter. They were both clearly in the same usual clothes. While this wasn’t a problem for Sting, he always dressed very loudly, Nuriel’s outfit wouldn’t be out of place at a church or another formal gathering. Not exactly bar hopping material. Well, if it came to it that is. You never knew where the night could go.

“...Maybe we should bring Nuriel too. She could learn to let her hair down every once in a while, ya know?”

She followed Asura to the counter and sat down next to Sting, who seemed to be having a good time. Evidently he had been drinking for a while given by the empty glasses at the bar. She waved a greeting at the entoma and the sankta before taking a menu to peruse through. The selection seemed pretty good. While Leithanian spirits would be nice, she first wanted to try out some of the local flavor. It seemed that the others were taking care not to call each other by their operator code names and Sting had somehow managed to convince the bartender that the three women were nuns. She chuckled at the odd cover story and resolved to tease Sting about it later.

“Hey there, you can call me Freya.” She greeted the bartender with a wink. “Can I get an order of fried chicken and…something strong. How about a little whiskey to start off? Gimmie an Old Fashioned.”
    Last edited by arkturus; July 30th, 2022 at 02:00 PM.
    <Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grapevine
    March 8 - 6:15PM
    Kanming's Eastern Delights
    Liberty North Side

"Blacksteel professionals, huh. Probably talking about Franka and Liskarm..." Jessica's words were disbelieving, but her tone of voice was less negative. The senior Blacksteel operators didn't stay at Rhodes Island as often or as long, and Vanilla first arrived as a trainee. So, really, Jessica was the most likely 'Blacksteel professional', even if she was skeptical. The girl took a few sips of water before redirecting the subject away from herself.

"How about you, Doctor? I can't really say I know you that well, but I never really got the combat medic feel from you, like Doctor Warfarin or Miss Gavial. Especially not Gavial. Do you go on field missions often?"

Bar Squad
    March 8 - 5:52 PM
    L'Antiquario
    Liberty

"One order of fires and one fried chicken for the cook. For me, one Bombardino for the Sankta, no alcohol. One low-alcohol cocktail for the Lupo. One Old Fashioned for the Liberi. Coming right up, ladies." Luca turned around to dig through his shelves once again, but suddenly froze before picking up a single bottle. "Wait, no alcohol? Ain't that just eggnog and whipped cream? Well, if that's what ya ordered."

The Lupo pulled several bottles off the shelves, opened the fridge to retrieve the eggnog and whipped cream, and withdrew an electric mixer from behind the counter? He scooped some whipped cream and sugar into a bowl, and started mixing.

The food only took a few minutes to arrive, thanks to the magic of deep frying. The drinks took slightly longer, with all the necessary mixing and chilling and waiting for the whipped cream to set.

"Alright, last one. A Bombardino for Miss Sela, an Old Fashioned for Miss Freya, and a Nutty Taran for Miss Ace. Have a good one, ladies."

With the drinks finished, Luca had a look up and down the bar, checking out the other customers. No one seemed to be in need of a refill, so after a few moments he returned his attention to the group of 'nuns' in front of him.

"So, Mister Yamamoto. What did it take to persuade such a devout group of women to visit my little establishment? I don't think I can recall the last time you had a lady here, never mind three!"
    Last edited by Elyrin; July 30th, 2022 at 04:34 PM.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Operator Grapevine
    March 8 - 6:17PM
    Liberty North Side

I sometimes leave the landship to collect samples or knowledge of regional medical theory, or to lend what services I may to one of our field hospitals, but I am unfit for combat.” The Sankta gave a faint smile. “I'm a pacifist. Life is precious, and so I am unwilling to inflict great or lasting harm to others, even as I understand the necessity of what some of us must do to ensure a kinder outcome. Add to that the warrants for my arrest in Victoria prior to your onboarding and my history of insubordination within the department, and it's simpler for all involved to deploy someone else and leave me to focus on the medical ward, that I might save as many people as I can."

She shook her head once.

"Do not worry, though. Director Warfarin would not have assigned me this role if she thought me unable to adapt to unforseen circumstances. I will do all that I can to ensure everyone's health."

Even if her nomination to the position of liaison to Blacksteel was implicitly meant as some kind of punishment, that had no bearing on her commitment to her patients. Life was too precious for that kind of thinking.
    Last edited by Egophobia; May 7th, 2023 at 05:56 PM.
    \(◕___◕)/

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - Evening?
    Grave Moss's Private Quarters
    Blacksteel Worldwide Landship

Perhaps an operator with as much combat experience as she had would have awoken at the first sound of someone breaking into her room. Grave Moss wasn't worried though, if someone was going to attack her in her sleep, that would wake her up then. It had server her well in the past, and the attacker was most often in arms reach at that point, saving her a lot of effort.

Though, that would get blood - maybe - on her pillows, and that would be quite unpleasant...

It's with this displeasing thought that the Pilosa opens her carmine eyes, hand grasping one of her heavier pillows preemptively.

"Defender Grave Moss. I know lethargy and long sleeping hours are common for Pilosa, but being tired is no excuse to go without medical examination for so long."
    She prefaces her reply with a languid yawn, "Grave Moss is not tired, likes sleeping~" Clarifying the most important misunderstanding they have first. She is perfectly capable of staying away, if she wanted to... but why would she want to when she can sleep? Truly, some people have no sense of priorities.

Why would she go and see a doctor? She didn't even have any scars left over after a nice nap to heal up.

"Mnm, no~? Moss always went to doctor when needed to~" The bottle of oripathy medicine sitting next to the box of meal bars was evidence of that. It was just about the only thing that wasn't cured by sleep, though maybe it still made it better? Or she had sleepy oripathy?

That thought brings a smile to her face, it would be nice if she could share her love of sleep with the crystals that shared her body. Maybe they would get along better then and she could do real magic?
    Last edited by Plue; July 31st, 2022 at 11:44 AM.
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Sting
    March 8 - 5:53 PM
    L'Antiquario
    Liberty

As the ladies ordered their food and drink, Sting had returned back to sipping on his own beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sela
    "... Sela will suffice. We aren't working here, are we Sting?"
    "Nah, we ain't, least I'm still not bored enough to actually go do some work after being given the rest of the day off," Sting answered, after which he drunkenly waved his finger at Nuriel in admonishment, "And since we ain't at work, don't be callin' me that. It's Kenji. Kenji Yamamoto."

He had thought that he may as well introduce himself proper to his teammates. Not like his name was any sort of big secret anyway, Luca already knew it, no doubt others in Columbia too, as well as people who knew him back home so there was honestly little point in hiding it. Besides it was just proper etiquette, something that he felt his three companions weren't exactly following but then again....long as the alcohol kept being poured, was there much a point in caring?

Quote Originally Posted by Sela
    "... a Bombardino please. Without alcohol."
    Booooring. Why would someone go to a bar, and drink non-alcoholic drinks!? Hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    “Well, I don’t know much about cocktails. Something with a strong flavor, please? Ah, but without too much alcohol. Need to work tomorrow.”
    You too!? I thought Luca was only joking when he called them nuns, but it seems to be even worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    “Can I get an order of fried chicken and…something strong. How about a little whiskey to start off? Gimmie an Old Fashioned.”
    Ah finally. At least someone knows how to have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca
    "So, Mister Yamamoto. What did it take to persuade such a devout group of women to visit my little establishment? I don't think I can recall the last time you had a lady here, never mind three!"
    "I have no idea." Sting said blankly before downing the rest of his drink, before tapping the table for a refill, "I mean, like I told you earlier, I was flat out rejected before I came here, then the Lupo Girl, As...ce, comes up and asks me the address for this place. Still dejected, I gave her the info then made my way here. Alcohol does wonders to nurse wounds of the heart, y'know? Still her showing up makes sense, I suppose, the other two I didn't expect at all."

Sting gave a sigh, before staring up at the ceiling of the bar.

"Could I...could I have been going about it wrong this whole time, Luca?"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grapevine
    March 8 - 6:17PM
    Liberty North Side

Jessica leaned forward against the table, resting her chin on her clasped-together hands. Her gaze fell downwards, toward the table instead of at Grapevine.

"...you know, the world would be a much better place if more people thought life was precious. More than just their own, anyway. So many times I've seen people prioritize their own convenience over someone else's health or life. Rhodes Island really have their work cut out for them." Jessica had been around the block more than once. She knew how the world worked. How difficult it was to change anything. But that didn't stop her from looking back up and smiling. "Still, it's good to know everyone is still trying."

The feline sat back up in her chair again, fidgeting a bit as she adjusted her waistband. She took a quick look around for nearby patrons - none, of course - before continuing with a bit less volume.

"Any thoughts on the mission? I know Miss Jordan and Director Muelsyse didn't have much for us to go on, but maybe now that you've had time to think?"

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - Evening?

"I think I'll be the judge of that, Grave Moss. Doctors don't spend so much time and money at medical school for no reason." The probably-doctor dismissed the Pilosa's defense with a wave of his hand. "Your file was personally requested by two different field medics today. Pretty normal if you're going on a mission soon, which you are. What isn't normal is you never reported to Medical after your last mission. And the mission before that, you just stopped in long enough to say everything was fine before scurrying off."

The probably-doctor seemed angry. Or at least very disappointed. The kind of disappointed an officer sounded when someone did something dumb, but didn't actually break anything.

"I wasn't sure if you would listen to an assistant, and I was sure you wouldn't notice any messages, so I came down to the dorms to get you myself. "
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - Evening?

"I think I'll be the judge of that, Grave Moss. Doctors don't spend so much time and money at medical school for no reason."
    She nods, or she might just be rubbing her face against her plush pillows. Who was she to judge how people spent their time and money.

you just stopped in long enough to say everything was fine before scurrying off."
    Unless they were spending their time bothering her about pointless details. Why would she bother anyone over something like a minor stabbing, or a bit of bruising from an explosion. A heavy sigh, some people. Just because other people needed more than a long nap after getting shot a few times... Just because they had poor health didn't mean that she did.

"I wasn't sure if you would listen to an assistant, and I was sure you wouldn't notice any messages, so I came down to the dorms to get you myself. "
    "Ah~" Grave Moss offers a slow brightening smile, "Do not worry, Grave Moss has not decided yet to listen to you either~"

"Has been reading book on new words~" The blue haired pilosa starts on an odd tangent.

Her doesn't change at all, but somehow seems more menacing as she peers at the Kurantas doctor with half closed crimson eyes. Her ability to loom not at all impeded by the fact that she is still lying down, half buried in plushies and pillows.

"Grave Moss thinks de-fen-e-strat-ing rude donkey who came into room should also be considered~" She doesn't pronounce the word quite right as she gestures at the set of small, about hand sized windows high up on the wall she keeps open for a nice cool breeze to enter her room, but it's still likely quite understandable.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - Evening?

The Kuranta raised an eyebrow at Moss's answer. Uncooperative patients were one thing, but this?

"That sounds an awful lot like a threat, Grave Moss. I can't imagine security would be happy to hear an operator talking to her fellow Blacksteel employees like that. Particularly one who has an important job to do tomorrow."

The probably-doctor reached inside his jacket and withdrew a black pen and a small notebook. He flipped about halfway through the notebook, clicked the pen, and looked down at Moss with a 'done with this shit' sort of glare.

"It's a bit short notice to find a replacement Defender for tomorrow's mission, but there's no helping it if a Senior Medical Officer finds the first choice unfit for joining a combat operation. Would you rather I list you as medically unfit, or psychologically unfit? Medical should be easier to fix, I think."

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - Evening?

"It's a bit short notice to find a replacement Defender for tomorrow's mission, but there's no helping it if a Senior Medical Officer finds the first choice unfit for joining a combat operation. Would you rather I list you as medically unfit, or psychologically unfit? Medical should be easier to fix, I think."
    Grave Moss closes her eyes, another heavy sigh.

Why did everyone make everything so complicated here? If she stayed here long enough would she too come to enjoy overly complicated paperwork and procedures?

A shudder courses through her body at that though, what a terrible fate. Maybe the doctors should be checking everyone else for whatever caused that sickness.

With another heavy exhalation the pilosa sits herself upright before standing up, pillows and plushes cascading around her as she starts to walk past the doctor to the door.

"If Moss has to do it, will do it-" Her tone falling flat at the end instead of her usual lilting.

"Moss would have thrown you gently through the window, you are a doctor are you not~?"

A few bruises and scrapes they could have easily healed seemed quite minor an offense to coming into her room without her permission.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - Evening?

"That's nice and all, Grave Moss, but from this height I doubt the strength of the throw will make any difference." The doctor closed his notebook and reclicked his pen before returning them to his jacket and turning to follow Moss. "I suppose I can worry about that when we get there. The sooner we start and finish this exam, the better."

March 8 - 6:28 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

After reaching the medical wing, the doctor pulled in front, approaching the reception desk ahead of his Pilosa patient.

"Operator Grave Moss here is past due for an Oripathy check. Can you have a tech prepare the RIO scanner, please?"

"Of course, Doctor Avery. It might be a few minutes, though. I think one of the X-rays needed maintenance?"

"Not a problem. We'll be in Exam Room 1 in the meantime. This way, Grave Moss."

Doctor Avery briskly walked off, leading Moss through some automatic doors and down a couple of hallways, into a decidedly less pretty section of the Medical Wing.

The room was brightly lit and very clean, as some would expect from a medical exam room. It was a stark difference compared to the very recent and high-tech reception room, and wouldn't look out of place in an ordinary hospital or a smaller clinic. Maybe Blacksteel's budget could use a bit of a look-over. The doctor gestured vaguely towards the exam bed and turned on the sink to wash his hands.

"Have a seat. I'll need to take a blood sample, make sure your blood-originium density hasn't changed too much. While the test is running we can go over a few other things." After cleaning off, Avery grabbed a pair of disposable gloves, as well as a set of safety goggles and a respirator. A bit much for one little needle, wasn't it? "Relax your arm as much as you can, please."

A barely noticeable jab later, and a bit of blood was drawn from Moss's upper arm. The doctor wiped the pinprick with a bit of cotton before covering it up with a small bandage, and then transferred the blood into a small vial. The vial went into a little machine on a nearby table, about the size of a toaster, which started humming after a few seconds. Avery tossed the needle and gloves into a disposal bin and set his mask and goggles on the counter before picking up a clipboard and sitting down.

"Alright, we'll start with the basics. Real name Moss, born in Sargon, age 32. Developed oripathy around age 9 or 10 when a dust storm Catastrophe struck your village. Afterwards, you spent a number of years working under some Lord you don't even remember the name of, with only basic field medicine for treatment and low-quality oripathy medication purchased with your own funds." The doctor snorted derisively at the thought of such cheap medicine. "Oripathy medication. Right. 20 years ago, it was probably just painkillers. Anyway, after enough time, you got sick of the 'military' life and just walked off, eventually making your way to Columbia, and then after some time to Blacksteel. You scored very well on your physical assessments - other than mobility, of course - and after an initial examination determined your Oripathy was not serious, were accepted as a Defender operator."

Avery turned the clipboard around so Moss could see, and flipped through a few sheets of paper starting from the middle. Mostly blank. And he was glaring again.

"You've undertaken several missions in the past few months, both minor and major, but your medical records are rather lacking. You almost never come in for examinations, and your reports are the most barebones I've ever seen. I understand your equipment can be reasonably called
    an armoured fighting vehicle, but I find it hard to believe you've never been injured a single time across multiple combat operations. Anything you want to mention? Bolts, arrows, bullets? Burns or frostbite from Arts? Any oripathy flareups recently?"

Operator Grapevine
    March 8 - 6:19PM
    Liberty North Side

People are the way that they are. For now at least.” She gave another half-smile. "In time, perhaps the world won't need quite so many pathologist, and my workload can consist of bandaging scraped knees and lecturing children.

Hrm, that had cheered the Feline up a little. Good. Hopefully she felt some pride for her part in it, too. The mission though?

I’m used enough to patients omitting details- either because they find the cause of their condition embarrassing or because they were doing something they shouldn’t have been. This feels much the same.

She exhaled quietly and sat back in her seat. Just a little bit. Grapevine was tall, but her voice was calm and quiet when she wasn’t trying to yell for something from the opposite end of the medical ward. She could still speak candidly.

To speak more plainly, I mistrust everyone involved. Perhaps you could clear something up for me, though- is it ordinary for a tourist locale to operate so close to the disputed border?"
    Last edited by Egophobia; May 7th, 2023 at 05:59 PM.
    \(◕___◕)/

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grapevine
    March 8 - 6:20PM
    Liberty North Side

Quote Originally Posted by Grapevine
    To speak more plainly, I mistrust everyone involved.
    "Yeah, I can't blame you for that one. Most of the Rhine Lab people back at Rhodes Island don't really paint a good picture of the company. And Director Muelsyse... I haven't worked with her very much, but she always gave me the 'shady doctor' feel, like Doctor Warfarin." Jessica started a drink from her ice water, but her eyes widened and she nearly dropped the glass after realizing what she's just said. "Uh. No offense meant. Please don't tell Warfarin I said anything about her."

The Feline resumed her interrupted drink as she considered Grapevine's question.

"Well, the northern parts of the border aren't really contested that much. It's snowy up there half the year or more, and half of the rest is all mud and depression. No one wants to fight in conditions like that, so there are fewer and smaller camps and bases. Besides that... when we went there, I remember my dad saying a lot of foreigners vacationed in Rocky Mountain. Even if you're talking about politicians and celebrities, not that many people are gonna want to travel across all of Columbia just to go skiing, right? After Bolivar, the next closest place is Sami, and no one from Sami is gonna care about Rocky Mountain, they have their own. So... a lot of those rich foreigners kind of have to be from Bolivar. Maybe most of 'em."

The answer sounded surprisingly confident, almost practiced. But Jessica definitely wasn't happy about it, and there was some bitterness tinging her voice.

"And Columbia and Bolivar are supposed to be mortal enemies. Money really makes the world go round, doesn't it?"
    Last edited by Elyrin; August 2nd, 2022 at 08:00 PM.

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:28 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

Grave Moss seems more interested in the vulpo plush that she had brought with her than anything the doctor was doing as he drew her blood. Still in her pajamas at least, so she has that going for her.

"Alright, we'll start with the basics. Real name Moss, born in Sargon, age 32. Developed oripathy around age 9 or 10 when a dust storm Catastrophe struck your village. Afterwards, you spent a number of years working under some Lord you don't even remember the name of, with only basic field medicine for treatment and low-quality oripathy medication purchased with your own funds." The doctor snorted derisively at the thought of such cheap medicine. "Oripathy medication. Right. 20 years ago, it was probably just painkillers. Anyway, after enough time, you got sick of the 'military' life and just walked off, eventually making your way to Columbia, and then after some time to Blacksteel. You scored very well on your physical assessments - other than mobility, of course - and after an initial examination determined your Oripathy was not serious, were accepted as a Defender operator."
    Moss yawns as the doctor recites a very boring story. Sadly the bed here is quite uncomfortable. Not something she couldn't sleep on, but not her first choice.

"That seems close enough~" She nods her head, there was more than that, but nothing that she could bother with correcting. Pointless details from years ago that would hold little meaning to anyone here. The lord's name certainly wasn't worth remembering.

"You've undertaken several missions in the past few months, both minor and major, but your medical records are rather lacking. You almost never come in for examinations, and your reports are the most barebones I've ever seen. I understand your equipment can be reasonably called an armoured fighting vehicle, but I find it hard to believe you've never been injured a single time across multiple combat operations. Anything you want to mention? Bolts, arrows, bullets? Burns or frostbite from Arts? Any oripathy flareups recently?"
    "If Grave Moss does not get sick, why would she go to the doctor~?" It made no sense to her to bother someone when she had nothing wrong with her.

"No injuries a little nap did not fix~" A few bruises here and there. Oh, that one ice user was actually a bit nice. A dreamy expression on her face, the feel of the frozen armor lasted far longer than the battle itself. She wished more people would use ice instead of fire. It's a shame that the cold lady wouldn't be on her team, but the weather would be good at least for the mission.

The doctor probably wasn't asking for any injuries before she came here, right? So it would be okay to ignore all that stuff. The scars had disappeared long ago anyways. They always did after enough sleep.

"Grave Moss has sleepy oripathy~" A definitive, completely medically derived explanation of her condition.
    Last edited by Plue; August 3rd, 2022 at 08:00 PM.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:29 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

"...uh-huh. Did a medic on your team come to those conclusions, or did you just decide for yourself? I have a feeling 'sleepy oripathy' isn't a proper medical diagnosis." Doctor Avery set the unneeded clipboard on his lap, instead reaching for a coffee cup he promptly took a sip from. "General good health helps with oripathy, and so does the medicine BSW orders from Rhodes Island, but no solution is perfect. Speaking of general good health, actually, how's your diet? Packing around so much weight has to be a serious effort, even for you. Are you eating enough to support that?"

A quiet bing sounded from the blood testing machine, and the humming noise slowed to a stop. After it was done, the device binged again and spat out a small, receipt-looking sheet of paper. Avery set his cup back down to compare the paper with the files on his clipboard.

"Blood-originium concentration... increased slightly from last examination. Considering how long ago that exam was, still within normal bounds, but we'll need to check your cellular assimilation levels to get the full picture. I'm sure the RIO scanner will be ready before too long." The doctor clipped the printout onto the board with the rest and took another sip of his coffee(?) before continuing the interrogation(?). That unrelenting glare still hadn't changed. "Grave Moss. This one time might be a minor change that doesn't affect anything, but what if it happens three or four times a year? You might be fine now, but in five, ten years when your oripathy gets worse because you kept dodging treatment, what then? If there are any changes in your condition, we can help. We can swap your medication, increase your dosage, supplement your diet, maybe even get some new treatments from Rhodes Island. But if you won't let us check for problems frequently, we won't know if there is a problem, and whatever solution we have will be late. The later the treatment, the less likely it will be to work. Do you understand me?"

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:29 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

"...uh-huh. Did a medic on your team come to those conclusions, or did you just decide for yourself? I have a feeling 'sleepy oripathy' isn't a proper medical diagnosis."

"
    Ah~ That was Sad Fat Doctor that gave me the medicine~ He said Moss was very lucky, and that she had sleepy originium that did not act up~" She rocks her head side to side as if trying to shake some older memories loose. "Grave Moss never had surges like some in her groups, where they turned into very sad crystals~" There were more than a few graves she had filled that had little more than twisted, mangled crystalline remains. Her grip on the plush strains the fabric of it audibly.

She holds her still rolled up arm up for the doctor to see, the tiny motes of crystal just reflective enough to gleam slightly if she turns her arm just right. "Never bother Moss, just there~ Kind of pretty~?" More so if she thought it looked like snow, rather than the desert.

The fine distribution of crystals just visible if the light catches them.

Her red eyes light up with surprising enthusiasm, perhaps not quite sparkling but it is close. "
    Grave Moss eats lots~ The fooding giving people here are very nice~ They let her get as many times back as she wants~" The food was much tastier too here. She pulls one of the kilocalorie meal replacement bars out of her pajama pockets, offering it to the doctor, "These are tasty too~"

Red eyes glaze over as the doctor rattles off some words. RIO? Scanner? They probably mean things, but Grave Moss resorts to her head bob response.

"
    You need more of Moss's blood more often~? Because may be have bad pills~?"

Her finally distilled summary.

The doctor did sound very serious about this. Maybe it was different here, she didn't see people as wounded as often as back in the desert?

"Will not mean other operators dying because busy doctor checking Moss~?"
    Last edited by Plue; August 5th, 2022 at 01:37 PM.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:30 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

"Sad fat doctor?" Avery looked surprised for just a moment before the recognition hit him. If her original diagnosis had been 20 plus years ago, and she had rarely seen a doctor since... He took a moment to observe the barely-visible crystals on the Pilosa's arm. "I suppose that makes sense. I won't criticize another doctor's diagnosis without being there, but things can change. Something one man said 20 years ago might not be true anymore today."

The doctor accepted Moss's meal bar, immediately flipping it over to check the ingredients and nutritional information. While Moss continued, he nodded in approval and set the bar on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Moss
    Will not mean other operators dying because busy doctor checking Moss~?
    Finally, Avery's continuous glare softened up a bit. A pained look overtook his face, and unable to keep eye contact, his gaze fell toward the floor.

"You don't need to worry about that, Moss. We're already done here, and it hasn't even been five minutes. All we need to do now is wait for a tech to get the scanner ready." The doctor abruptly stood from his chair, grabbing his cup and clipboard, as well as the blood sample from the small machine. "I'll send this to a proper lab to get a more in-depth blood test done. I doubt there's anything wrong, but no harm in checking, right? You can go wait in the reception room. The woman there will call you when the scanner is ready."

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:30 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

This was... much faster than Grave Moss had expected. In her experience people going to the doctors were there for hours or longer! She knew people who went to the doctor and were there for months even after a mission. Really, there was nothing good from the desert.

"Ah~ Snow doctors much faster than sand doctors~" She concludes. "Grave Moss will stop by every day then~?" If all they wanted was a little bit of blood, that wasn't any problem at all. She peels the bandage off, rubbing at the already closed jab. Could she just bring a jar with some blood by even? She's sure she had some sharp thing somewhere in her room... "Can Moss have some of the glasses~? Bring with blood already in them~?"

The expression on the doctors face looks like... pain? But he doesn't seem to be hurt at all. Ah.

"Prickly Doctor hungry~?" Picking back up the bar, and offering it to him. "Moss has plenty~"

"I'll send this to a proper lab to get a more in-depth blood test done. I doubt there's anything wrong, but no harm in checking, right? You can go wait in the reception room. The woman there will call you when the scanner is ready."
    Waiting for him to take the offered bar the pilosa gets up slowly and meanders towards the waiting room.

"Ah~ Grave Moss sorry for being mean at Prickly Doctor~" Being awoken from sleep never leaves her feeling very pleasant, but perhaps she was overly rude... at the very least an apology seems reasonable. "Will not throw you out any windows anymore~" She had also given him the meal bar, so it probably balanced out?
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:31 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

"You can thank Rhodes Island for the speed. All our oripathy medication and testing machines come from them. The old stuff was slower, less accurate, and generally worse all around." Avery's pained expression quickly faded, only to be replaced by exasperation. And shortly after, mild panic. "No, you don't need to come in daily. After every mission is fine. Maybe someone will call you in sometimes besides that. And you really don't need to be taking samples yourself. Please leave that to the professionals."

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Moss
    Prickly Doctor hungry~?Moss has plenty~
    "Er, right. I already ate, but I shouldn't be forgetting this when you just gave it to me. Thank you." Lacking any entirely free hand to shove the bar into a pocket, he used a spare finger to pin it onto the clipboard. "Shouldn't be any more than five or ten minutes. I'll see you then, Grave Moss."

...he didn't mention anything about the window-throwing, but maybe it was best if everyone involved forgot about that.
    Last edited by Elyrin; August 5th, 2022 at 05:18 PM.

Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:31 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

The Defender, and almost defenestrator languidly waves at the doctor as he leaves while she makes herself comfortable.

The blue haired operator settled herself in the waiting room, stretching herself out over two chairs in what looks like an uncomfortable position with the arms in the middle of her back, but from how quickly her eyes are dipping closed... she's fine?

"Grave Moss will wait right here~" Greeting the receptionist as she gets settled in.

The best way to wait a few minutes is a quick nap after all. No one should be upset at her here as long as she doesn't leave before they call her for a... scan?
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Grave Moss
    March 8 - 6:38 PM
    Blacksteel Medical Ward

"Miss Grave Moss? Are you awake?" The defender didn't have the chance to nap for long before the woman at the desk was rousing her. Unfortunate. "The RIO scanner is ready. If you follow me, I can take you to the scan room."

The second trip went the opposite direction of the first, and took a bit longer to reach its destination. Doctor Avery was waiting in the room along with a brown-haired Cautus man, standing next to... a tube bed?

"Lie down right there, Grave Moss. You'll have to hold still for a few minutes, but please try not to fall asleep. And, uh, set the plushie down somewhere."