Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: After the Dawn (IC)

Assault Squad - GraveMoss
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    2:30 PM
    Rocky Mountain

Empty.

Her armored head swivels side to side vigilantly as she leads her squad, and isn't that a strange thing... her squad.

A frown mars her lips as she rolls that thought around in her head for a while longer as the other three follow along behind her like very small squishy ducklings. More than ever the lives of these three are her responsibility.

And still no one was shooting at them.

This mission was quite odd, perhaps this was the normal for BlackSteel? Her previous missions were far more, ah... energetic? From the start.

"Any duckies seeings anyone~?" The defender chimes out as they approach the elevators. GraveMoss moving to stand to the left of the doorway of the apparent moving lift. A well practiced position she had often used for doorway covering. Her shield could easily be slammed across the opening with minimal effort.

"Singy Tail, wants to plays nice for if civilian~?" She gestures infront of the doorway to the savora operator.
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Operator Grapevine
    March 9 – 2:31PM
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

Grapevine glanced up from wrapping Valravn's talon in thin gauze. She hadn't asked why the Liberi had decided to test the contaminated water's temperature with a finger, and considering the girl's current state of infection, it shouldn't cause her condition to worsen, but still- At the very least, Blacksteel's Infected Operators were more human than militant, which was how people ought to be. Given the circumstances, the most that could be done was rinsing the thing with disinfectant, then a fistful of packed snow, before drying and wrapping it. Back in the present, however, there was the matter of the approaching elevator and the Defender preemptively blocking the door.

Persons, no. Vehicles that could have been used for escape or survey, yes.

The Sankta shifted the weight of her shoulder-bag, phials clinking as she moved her staff back into her hands. Overlong staves with hanging charms were better suited for violence than healing, where precision was measured in meters, not millimeters, but the Sankta disliked the wands and rings that her contemporaries had favored. And since the head doctor was so against her casting her Arts barehanded, then the staff it would be. Never for violence, though. Even if the shaping of Arts meant she possessed the ability, as a doctor, she was compelled to find other means.
    Last edited by Egophobia; November 8th, 2022 at 07:19 PM.
    \(◕___◕)/

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Nuriel
    March 9 - 1:50 PM
    In the Belly of the Beast

"R-really, I hope you w-weren't planning to leave me with the direct assault guys."
    Oh. Right. Naturally, she wasn't going to leave an important VIP with the assault squad.

'What the hell Sela, are you dumb or what?!' the Sankta internally lambasts herself while maintaining a cool exterior, nodding at Muelsyse as she slots into the group. Of course, such a simple message can have two meanings, and it is up to Muelsyse to interpret what she wishes.

Being at the forefront of the group, Operator Nuriel lead the way, keeping a sharp eye for anything that Sting might've missed. Eventually, after moving far enough, and seeing that there was no sign of Sting reporting back, the Sankta had to wonder a bit on where her squadmate had gone. It seems like he had gone a bit too far -- she assumed that he'd stay close enough to be visible for the main group, but the dim lighting certainly didn't make things easy. Well, it didn't hurt to ask where he was now, did it? It was quite possible that he had gone towards that white light -- if Nuriel was the scout, that is what she would have done herself.

"He's already g-gone."
    “He’s not that far. No, I supposed by now he should’ve moved a lot farther, given that he didn’t come back or radio us.”
    *"Let's give him a call. Mister Sting looks like the kind of guy to never phone you and instead let you phone him instead. Operator Vritro, if you may ask Sting on his whereabouts and report to us? Let's hold position while we figure out where he is."*

Vritro was indeed the squad's self volunteered Radioman, since he had picked the piece of equipment up and was lugging it on his back.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Operator Vitro
    March 9 - 1:51 PM
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

“Huu, affirmative. Gimme a moment…”

Unclipping the device from his back, the Liberi began working away at the buttons to Sting’s communicator. He was no technician, but having shadowed other Operators working on similar devices made the process a lot less complicated. A press of a button here, a flick of a switch there-

—-Ah, there we go. All it took was a good thirteen minutes. Must be the spotty signalling. Definitely. Paying no mind to the bemused looks sent his way, Vitro held reciever to his side -- clearing his throat as the signal finally connected.

“Operator Sting, this is Vitro. Squad Leader Nuriel wishes to know of your current location and findings. Is everything clear, over.”

Last edited by SleepMode; November 12th, 2022 at 03:24 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assault Squad - Santonia
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain

Santonia didn't have any time to protest her plan being rejected as the team quickly moved into formation so they could advance. Thiking back on it, she wasn't sure how Gravemoss would take being questioned, so maybe it was for the best. The girl seemed sweet as a bun but there was definitely something wrong in the way she talked so casually about them dying.

The cold was still a problem, but at least they were protected from the wind now. Not to mention the tension did a good enough job of keeping her focused on the mission. Walking through the silent parkway with the pilosas's echoing footsteps being the only thing to break the silence was quite the mood.
    And yet, despite the tension, Santonia managed to get distracted.

She knew this place would get in her nerves the moment they described it, but she didn't think it'd be so quick. Rocky Mountaineering, Rocky Mountain Tours, Rocky Road Transport... This insistence on plastering their logos on everything, to extend their little tendrils to every visible surface in sight, was infuriating. She could still remember the mine around her village being named after some mineral she never heard of, and then and coming back later to find her village itself renamed after the mine that was killing it.
    Maybe these aren't even the same company, it could be just a bunch of people using the city's name, but even that wasn't much better. Dozens of markeing jargon that were shoved down her throat sprung back up into her head in a surge of memories of well-dressed men using pretty words to make manipulation seem more palatable. Fuck I can't believe I ate that shit up like—

Quote Originally Posted by Egophobia View Post
    Persons, no. Vehicles that could have been used for escape or survey, yes.
    Santonia realized her team was talking and stopped herself from spiralling down any further. She took another look around the place.
    Huh...
    Yeah, there really was a lot of Rocky Mountain shit plastered everywhere, but nothing of the Dynasty, Coalition or even Resistance. Though she wasn't sure the last one even had branding.

"This is bizarre right? That whole side of the garage is chockers but there's not a single military vehicle. I mean, no soldiers is already weird, but not a single truck is here? Did they really bail?"

The group eventually came to a stop in front of the elevator as it, surprisingly, started coming down.

Gravemoss readied herself and turned to the Savra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plue View Post
    "Singy Tail, wants to plays nice for if civilian~?" She gestures infront of the doorway to the savora operator.
    Sure, now the boss wanted her to take the lead. "Well, I'm the only one not carrying a weapon so I guess she got no choice."

"Sure thing boss, just get that shield ready in case they want to jump me. Doc, Val, youse should go and hide."
    Last edited by pinetree; November 13th, 2022 at 09:51 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Assault Squad
    March 9 – 2:32PM
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

The Assault Squad moved into their positions. Grave Moss set up beside the door, just out of sight, Santonia in front of the door - at a respectful distance, of course - and Grapevine and Valravn took cover nearby. After that, it was all the team could do to wait with bated breath as the floor indicator moved from 3, to 2, to 1...

The elevator settled with an audible thunk, and then a loud bing. A few more seconds and the doors slid open rather slowly and jerkily, revealing a diminutive Vulpo wearing combat gear and an oversized backpack, clutching tight to a bow and arrow. The girl was clearly winded, breathing heavily and wiping sweat off her brow with one arm.

"Right. Almost there. Just a bit fuuuuuck me sideways!"

The Vulpo took a single step towards the elevator door before she noticed Santonia standing directly in front of her and recoiled backwards. She nocked her arrow in a flash, leveling the bladed tip at Santonia's torso, the broad head glistening a deep red under the single faded light in the elevator. It only took the girl another moment to compose herself before speaking again.

"Hey there, big lady. I ain't got time to talk, so give it to me straight. Ya gonna play nice and move aside, or am I gonna have to move ya?" She wiggled the nocked arrow a bit, and a single crimson droplet fell to the ground. "Those other guys weren't shit. Ya think ya got better odds alone?"

Her legs were trembling, but her eyes and aim held steady. She wasn't talking big for no reason. Now, that didn't mean she could actually back the talk up...
    Last edited by Elyrin; November 13th, 2022 at 04:14 PM.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assault Squad - Santonia
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    2:32 PM
    Rocky Mountain

The singer immediately put her hands hands up and yelped, before gulping and responding.

"What the hell girly?! P-put that thing down, I'm j-just trying to en...joy my vacation h-here!"
    Santonia hoped the acting was convincing enough to get the girl to let her guard down so she could bind her with her tail. Grave Moss seemed ready to block the entrance at any moment in case she shot, but the savra still didn't want to risk an arrow to the heart.
    Besides, if the girl had allies up there, they better not give the fox a chance to take that elevator back up.

"C'mon I d-didn't come all this way to... to get r-robbed. I just want to get into the... the elevator and... find my h-hotel. I d-d-don't have anything me, I swear!"
    The cold ended up being useful after all, at least half the trembling was real. Now... whether or not the vulpo would mix up her coldness with fear was to be seen.

Santonia was ready to try and parry the arrow with her tail if she needed. It wasn't her forte, especially at such close range, but between it and Moss' shield, she felt her chances were pretty good.
    Probably.
    The savra resisted the temptation to look towards her squadmates and waited for the archer to answer.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Assault Squad
    City Entrance Parking Garage
    Rocky Mountain

The Vulpo didn't show any sign of lowering her bow, and her eyes narrowed at Santonia's protesting. But she didn't shoot. No progress was better than progressing in the wrong direction, right?

"Yeah, sure. Just here on vacation. Alone. No family, no friends, no guide. Ya shelled out three months of my fuckin' salary to drive up here by yourself, across how many miles of snow, and just so happened to show up in the middle of a goddamn occupation."

Well, it was worth a shot. Maybe Santonia should get some practice in before the next acting session. One of the archer's ears twitched, and she glanced upward for just a moment. The girl took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, returning a suspicious glare on her "captive".

"Alright. Ya don't look like one of those goons. So who are ya and what the hell are ya doin' here? Twenty words or less and no bullshit, or this conversation is over."

<Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assault Squad - Santonia
    Rocky Mountain

"I do always travel alone though... Eh, whatever." Now Santonia remembered why she didn't branch out beyond the music career.

She relaxed a bit, though she still made sure to keep her hands where the vulpo could see them. It didn't seem like the girl had noticed her squadmates, probably because she was more concerned with whatever it was that she was hearing up there. Whether she had allies or enemies on the city, resolving this stalemate quickly was for the best for both of them.
    And hey, if things go wrong Grave Moss can just bash her head in.

"I'm a mercenary. Client got business in Rocky Mountain and lost contact with the city, so they sent me to find out what's up." Santonia glanced up for a moment, just like the vulpo. "That should be enough to tell you I'm not with whoever got you this tense, right? We could trade some info and move on with our duties since it seems like you're on your way out anyway."

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Assault Squad
    2:33 PM
    Rocky Mountain

"Mercenary, huh. That's a little more believable. All alone, though?" Well, it's not like the girl could see much of anything. Grave Moss was around the corner and the two casters were... hiding behind something, probably. She glanced upward again, still wary of something Santonia(and friends) couldn't hear.

"Oh, fuck it. No time for this crap." Finally, the archer lowered her bow, though somewhat unwillingly. "We got hit by a Catastrophe about a week ago, a lightning storm. Catastrophe Messenger's useless so we didn't have any warning. Power's mostly fucked. Electricity reserved for essential services only-"

The Vulpo cut herself off mid-sentence to look up once again. This time, though, the Blacksteel team could hear the cause. Shouting. Muffled, but if it was close enough to hear, they couldn't be far.

"Fuck, what did I fuckin' say about havin' no time!" The archer began taking the heavy backpack off her shoulders, gingerly lowering it to the ground. "After a couple days with everyone's power shut off while the bigwigs were doin' fine, people got pissed. Started protesting. Somebody broke into city controls to open up the main gate, try runnin' for help, all they found was some Bolivarian army-lookin' assholes who crossed the border."

The shouting had gotten a bit clearer. The assault team could make out multiple voices now, at least three. The Vulpo was stretching her arms and legs, getting ready for a right.

"Big lady, there's no way anybody would send just one person to handle a whole city. You got friends somewhere, right? It just so happens a few of those army-lookin' assholes caught me diggin' around in a warehouse, and now I gotta either get the fuck outta here or knock a few teeth out. Sound like a good time to you?"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assault Squad - Santonia
    2:33 PM
    Rocky Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Elyrin View Post
    "Big lady, there's no way anybody would send just one person to handle a whole city. You got friends somewhere, right? It just so happens a few of those army-lookin' assholes caught me diggin' around in a warehouse, and now I gotta either get the fuck outta here or knock a few teeth out. Sound like a good time to you?"
    "Better than this bloody suspense that's for sure. And yeah, I got some people." Santonia stepped aside so the other squad members could access the elevator. "Your turn now boss. Should I phone Jessica or do you want to see if we really need the backup?"
    Last edited by pinetree; November 13th, 2022 at 10:11 PM.

Operator Grapevine
    March 9 – 2:34 PM
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

From cover, the Sankta saw the elevator doors slide open to reveal a lone passenger- a Vulpo girl who looked to have been fleeing into the vehicle bay. She took in the girl’s appearance, the state of her dress and legs shaking with either nerves or adrenaline, and the arrow dripping with something red and raw.

Santonia tried the softer approach, and to the doctor’s pleasant surprise, the Blacksteel team didn’t leap for the military response of knocking out anyone who pointed a weapon their way. Grapevine rested her staff into the crook of her arm and stepped out from behind the cover she and Valravn had taken to take a better look at the girl.

You’re shaking- is it nerves, cold, or something else? Regardless of whether you plan to fight or escape, if you are sick or injured, let me tend to you with what time we have before they arrive.

She took a step closer. It wasn’t the most tactically sound course of action for an acting Medical Operator to take, but the tension between Santonia and the Vulpo had ebbed and she needed a better position to scan the girl for injuries. Plus, she needed to know if, against all odds…

You must forgive me if I am mistaken, but Operator Dust, is that you?
    \(◕___◕)/

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Operator Sting
    March 9 - 2:06 PM

Sting grimaced at the sight of the slug, clearly unimpressed by what he saw.

Of course it’s orignium slugs…I guess it makes sense if a catastrophe really did hit this city. Well taking one or two of them out shouldn’t be too much trouble, but if there’s a swarm on the other side…damn it, why couldn’t it have been a cute girl instead!? Friend or foe, I don’t care!

Sting let out a quiet sigh as he lamented his poor luck, seemingly oblivious to how ridiculous his dream scenario truly was.

Still…maybe I can get by them without a fight. I don’t bother them, they don’t bother me? Course, there might be something in there that’s a little meaner than the slugs, at least last I checked I’ve never heard a slug skittering before.

Admittedly it wasn’t the most sound plan of action, but going through the slug-infested corridor seemed to be the only way to the power plant so there was little point in contemplating about the way forward. Whatever happened, happened.

“Hm?”

It was at this point that Sting noticed his radio was getting a call (he had set it to silent in the event of such a call occuring while he was in the midst of a delicate situation, such as the one he was about to undertake. Well there was no need to keep the squad leader waiting!

“Operator Sting, this is Vitro. Squad Leader Nuriel wishes to know of your current location and findings. Is everything clear, over.”
    Sting couldn’t help but heave another sigh as he heard the voice on the other side of the radio. Why was the only other guy on their team the one calling him!? He was now two for two for having his hopes dashed against the rocks of reality.

Taking a couple steps away from the door, Sting brought up the radio and spoke in a hushed tone.

“All good so far, Vitro. Took the path down to the power plant and found nothing except a sealed, and strangely frigid, door. Being the curious guy I am, I worked a little magic and cracked that seal, no problem. As for what’s on the other side, I haven't seen much other than some originium slugs and probably whatever else usually hangs out with these things. Going to see if I can pass on without riling them up.”

With that, Sting turned the sound down on his radio as he turned back and approached the door. Hopefully, if he took things slow, the creatures on the other side wouldn’t pay him much mind.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Operator Sting

Well, the interruption had been dealt with. Back to the task at hand. Once again, Sting slowly pushed open the door to the power station and peeked inside. The two slugs from before had scurried away, with one having disappeared entirely and the other still barely there on the edge of vision. Nothing else potentially dangerous had made itself known. So far so good. He crept further into the room.

The machinery inside was somewhat large, but by Sting's guess as a complete layman, not nearly large enough to be a city's generator. Maybe if there were tons of them scattered throughout the city's underside, but he'd taken a good walk to get there and didn't see any sign of another power station. The actual generators were likely elsewhere. On the plus side, there was one thing of note in the room besides the originium slugs: a computer console attached to the machinery, still turned on, though the display was dark and flickering badly. Maybe it could shed some light on the situation.

The console was pretty old-fashioned, and could probably use an update, or maybe an entirely new OS, but it wasn't so old that Sting couldn't figure it out. Carefully avoiding anything that looked like a function, he poked around through records and status screens hoping to find something comprehensible for a man without a degree in originium engineering.

1d20 + 3 (Infiltration Specialist) = 18

The skittering noise cut into Sting's investigation every so often. It wasn't really muffled and was fairly clear, and it seemed to be moving around a bit inside the room, further away from the door. But it wasn't getting any closer. So, besides keeping an ear out, the man didn't worry too much.

Sting's Findings
    Much of the information on the console is a mix of codes, numbers, and abbreviations Sting doesn't understand. Two of the various menus have useful information, the main overview screen and the error report screen.

The overview screen was labelled "Power Relay Station B-C", confirming his earlier suspicions. Most of the detailed information in the overview was incomprehensible, but the main headers at least provided something. The power generators seem to be working, or at least mostly working, at 80-90% capacity. There was a flood of errors in the power relay section. Clicking on them for further details revealed nothing helpful, but the capacity readings were all terrible or completely zeroed out.

The error report screen was full of countless problems, all labeled "SEVERE" or "URGENT" in bright red. One in particular was "DANGER", so he poked at that one. On March 2nd, around 11 AM, there was some sort of power surge. The relay station suddenly blasted well above capacity. The report didn't mention anything about the generators, though. Sting clicked through a few more reports after the big one, but they were full of yet more jargon, and all he got from them was that a bunch of stuff was broken.

As Sting was contemplating his findings, he felt a chill against his leg. A breeze from somewhere? Even if the door had blown open, wasn't it colder inside than outside? He glanced down at the floor to see... something. Some kind of originium slug he'd never seen before, maybe. It didn't seem particularly aggressive and was just prodding at Sting's foot with a forelimb, but a chill was practically radiating off the thing.
    Last edited by Elyrin; November 23rd, 2022 at 04:48 AM.

Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

Ehe~ That went better than Moss had expected. Relaxing a little she lets her shield , soon they would fight but not this moment.

"Your turn now boss. Should I phone Jessica or do you want to see if we really need the backup?"
    "Good work Singy Tail~ Go aheads and call Blue Cat~ Should know that Boli... Army is still here~"

GraveMoss leans over enough to bring herself in view, "Good for yourself on not shooting Singy Tail~" She doesn't bother smiling, her armor makes it a rather meaningless expression... but it's important to reinforce good behavior. The leadership pamphlet mentioned that several times, it probably also applied for temporary squad members.

Her own experience taught her that looming properly could also induce good behavior.

"They are coming down the shaft~?"
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Assault Squad
    2:35 PM
    Rocky Mountain

As the Assault Squad revealed themselves, an irritated look came over the Vulpo girl's face, for some reason. You'd think she would appreciate some backup in trying times.

"What sorta mercs are you guys? Is there some amazon company that only hires giants?" She sighed, and let her bloody arrow clatter to the ground while she lifted one leg behind her back, balancing on the other one. "I ain't hurt, no. Just sore from runnin' across the fuckin' city. Goons are probably comin' down the ramp, I can hear footsteps."

The Vulpo shook her raised leg before switching to the other one, but the second question from Grapevine was quick to break her concentration.

"Wait. What'd ya say? How'd ya know- whoa!" The sniper just about fell over, but she managed to catch hold of the elevator doorframe just in time. "Mercenaries my ass. Get over here, you."

The Vulpo finally left the elevator to get a closer look at Grapevine. The Rhodes Island uniform was not exactly consistent, but the blue ribbons with 'Rhodes' written on them, along with the RI logo, were kind of giveaways. Though a quick look confirmed the rest didn't have any Rhodes Island colours equipped.

"Ya got me, doctor lady. Sniper Dust, here on what ya'd call a dangerous solo mission." Dust withdrew her wallet from some pocket and flipped it open to reveal a familiar-looking ID card. In the meantime, though, the sound of her pursuers had grown louder. Several people running were audible not far above the team.

"Fuck, too much talkin'. We're outta time. If ya wanna call for help or whatever ya better hurry up. I'm gonna duck behind a van or somethin'."
    Last edited by Elyrin; December 5th, 2022 at 01:06 AM.

Operator Valravn
    Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

Valravn had been hunkering behind a random car for cover. She was in a good mood, examining the meticulously wrapped gauze and admiring the grumpy sankta’s work. It had been a while since she had someone fuss over her.

Noticed her hunkering partner had left her, Valravn poked her head out from behind her cover.

“Friend of yours Doc? Oh, she’s a cute one. She from that pharma company too?”

Quote Originally Posted by Dust
    "Fuck, too much talkin'. We're outta time. If ya wanna call for help or whatever ya better hurry up. I'm gonna duck behind a van or somethin'."

“Roger! Preparing for combat!”

Valravn gave a little salute and launched the defense drone before hiding behind a nearby concrete pillar.

<Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

Operator Grapevine
    March 9 – 2:36 PM
    Rocky Mountain, Columbia

Hm, 'solo mission'? Something to ask about later. What mattered was she was alright. She nodded to the girl.

We can speak afterwards, then.

Impending conflict first, and while de-escalation was always the enviable course, she doubted the odds of a quick and diplomatic resolution. Dust shouldn't be so on-edge if the alleged Bolivarian forces were open to negotiations. For all its flaws, Rhodes Island maintained a stringent hiring process, and for the Vulpo to have been one of only two combat Operators deployed here, she must've possessed the sense not to engage unless absolutely necessary. Besides, they were a week late- whatever fires there were had long-since been set, and preparing to engage was the quickest way for the Blacksteel Operators to ensure their own safety.

Grapevine exhaled and calmly walked to a nearby pillar, a little further back than the one the Liberi had chosen.

We are unacquainted,” she said, replying to Valravn's question. “Yesterday I visited Rhodes Island's Liberty office to see if there was a Rocky Mountain branch.” She leaned her staff against the pillar and set down her bags. “Besides it only being proper, though, I consider the health of any the company's staff my concern, wheresoever they may be.

Though that rarely, if ever, resulted in a field deployment. Emergency triage in the aftermath of an incident, yes, but active combat? She brushed her hand across one of the charms hanging from the covered staff. The encroaching danger was far from her thoughts. She was already counting bandages, considering the deviations in standard care that each of the others might need. Valravn’s hands, Santonia’s sensitivity to the cold, Dust’s probable exhaustion.

Ugh. What she would give to skip the senseless violence. This city needed doctors and engineers, not the burden of warfare in the wake of Catastrophe.
    Last edited by Egophobia; November 15th, 2022 at 05:00 AM.
    \(◕___◕)/

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Nuriel

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    “All good so far, Vitro. Took the path down to the power plant and found nothing except a sealed, and strangely frigid, door. Being the curious guy I am, I worked a little magic and cracked that seal, no problem. As for what’s on the other side, I haven't seen much other than some originium slugs and probably whatever else usually hangs out with these things. Going to see if I can pass on without riling them up.”
    Nuriel had been leaning in to listen to the conversation, since she preferred not to play the telephone game with Vitro and have an incomplete message be relayed to her -- to be fair, the display of him fumbling around with the radio didn't exactly put her at ease. Well, it's partially her fault for not having grabbed the radio, but then, she hasn't been a squad leader for very long ( and for good reasons ), and even back in her Reunion days... someone else was dealing with such matters.

"Wait, St--"

Before she can chime in, call cut off, an obvious signal that Mr. Yamamoto had already put his plan into action. While personal initiative was indeed a very important skill to have, Nuriel expected that it'd be common sense for Sting to at least wait for orders from the squad leader instead of going off on his own... but based on his dossier and the resume she had read, yes, Sting was probably not the kind of person to do that. Well, it's a problem she'd have to rectify later.

"... we should hurry up and join up with him before he makes a mess."

Leading the squad, Nuriel goes towards where the light, and having found the sign, obviously goes in the direction of where the power plant is.

Salutem Pavidos, Nolite Timere.

Near the City Entry Ramp
    Rocky Mountain

GraveMoss frowns at the wide open ramp, there's no way she could easily supress everyone trying to move down it even if she exposed herself needlessly to all the fire that they might be bringing to bear. Moving to the left side of the ramp she eyed one of the vans, she could probably move that into the way and block some more of the ramp...

"Singy Tail, engage with Moss~" She thumps her suit with her left fist, "Not worry about friendliest fire~" From what she had read up on her squad she shouldn't have any problem with the poisons that Singy used.

"Perky Bird, wait until Singy and Moss engage, stay near Grumpy Doc~"

"Grumpy Doc, stay safe~"

"Bow, how many~?"

She asks as she leans against the rear of the van starting to slide it across the floor to block half of the ramp off.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE