Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3540434445

Thread: [FGO JP Main Chapter] 6.5 - Realms of Mortality Incarnate, Traum - Life and Death of a Fantasy

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Xu Fu’s sample size seems to have been two people, so I’m guessing that’s just Bluebook and E.

Story Summary - Chapter 21: Death of a Great Detective

(Hope you're ready for a long one, with lots of full line-by-line translations)

--- Arrow 1 ---
    You arrive at the Reichenbach falls, and Holmes is taken aback for a second; unsurprisingly, of course, as this is the place where he once upon a time met his end. That being said, Moriarty confirms that he feels much the same about this place. However, it is by overcoming this that he will make progress towards his fate proper. Moriarty asks all of Chaldea if you've managed to figure out the answer he sought of you: his true identity, his objective, and the truth he harbors? But before you're allowed to confront him properly, Holmes requests to have a one-on-one with him for just a little while. He feels, deep inside, that this is what must be done. Kadoc looks on with a concerned expression.

All of a sudden, Holmes seemed to shimmer before my eyes like a mirage.
    It must've been the same for him too.
    I don't know if he tried asking him to stop or tried grabbing his clothes.
    But Holmes laughed gently as he unclasped that restraint.
    It's not my place to ask if he's sure about this. But---

Charlemagne suddenly disrupts the silence, asking Holmes if he's sure about this, and you make Holmes promise that he'll return to you, which he says he will of course do. But Kadoc knows. He knows Holmes had no other choice but to say such a thing. And so, the confrontation between James Moriarty and Sherlock Holmes finally begins for real.

Holmes:

...There lies a mystery.
    An eternally unsolvable mystery is only so because something is missing from it.
    Or so I thought. Though perhaps I myself might be the very thing that is missing.
    In which case,
    I will be able to fill that void by fighting against you, Moriarty.

Moriarty:

Assuming you win, that is.

Holmes:

And win I shall.

Holmes strikes, however, something is off. Just as before, it's not that his attack missed, but it's as if the attack didn't even register on Moriarty. There doesn't even seem to be a sensation of impact upon hitting his opponent, but apparently, this makes Holmes finally realize what's going on.

Moriarty:

...Truth be told, I have no recollections of you. Perhaps being summoned as a youth caused this?
    In this youthful form, the memories of my own lifetime have been cut short.
    Hence my high hopes for you, Sherlock Holmes. My sworn enemy.
    O detective as wise and as cruel as I.
    It would appear that you remained clueless until the very end.
    By standing before me, you have sealed your own defeat.
    ---Now, allow me to enlighten you.

[For context: the battle following this node ends with a scripted death of Sherlock Holmes in battle]

--- Arrow 2 ---
    Beyond a strange static, we see a completely different background; a study of sorts, with a greatly wounded Holmes before us as we call out his name. He apologizes, as he must have been in a daze for a bit there. How could a person like him have---

Person?
    But of course. Even Servants were once human in life.
    Those who carry the blood of gods in their veins, those who are based on Divine Spirits.
    There is a great diversity of Servants, but the majority of them were human.

Moriarty:

Hello there, Sir Sherlock.

Moriarty appears in this place as well, though with a completely different outfit. Holmes seems utterly confused as to who this really is.
    A vagueness reminiscent of a dream.

Moriarty:

You see, there is a mystery I would like you to solve. I would like you to give me a correct answer.

You beg Holmes not to listen to him, but he merely tells you—addressing you as Watson—that riddles are meant to be solved and answered.

Moriarty:

Thank you. Well, here is the question for you.
    So this "mystery" is one that's been continually popping up all over this Singularity---
    ---Who is your Master? The one who summoned and tried to make use of you, that is.

A question that's been asked again and again.
    By the Holy Grail of the Fourth Singularity? A karmic chain summoning via the Heroic Spirit Henry Jekyll?
    Each time I am confronted with this question, I would---coherentize the facts in my mind.
    But that deception can only take me so far. I am, yes, I have finally...
    ...examined and grasped my own "mystery".

--- Arrow 3 ---A flashback to the fourth Singularity, London, at the time when Holmes received the case of the Incineration by Babbage.

Babbage:

The Human Order Incineration plot has already succeeded. I have no way of overturning this.
    Having accepted those facts, I'd like to make this request.
    Should humanity resolve the Human Order Incineration, something else is bound to come afterwards.
    The Human Order Incineration is the dissipation of human history extending all the way into the past. However, why did it start from 2016?
    This is where I sensed an "impending crisis".
    The Human Order Incineration did not erase the years 2017 and beyond.
    The years 2017 and onward did not exist in the first place.
    The King of Magic saw this and chose to harvest resources by working backwards from the year 2016.
    ---As such, I would like to request that you solve this mystery.
    Why did the Human Order Incineration occur? What are Singularities, and what causes them?

Sherlock Holmes was summoned in London, and was entrusted with Babbage's request, subsequently making his way from the fourth Singularity to the Sixth. He had heard TRI-HERMES was situated there, and once there, Da Vinci and Romani in Chaldea were left unaware of the happenings, as Chaldea's control room couldn't record these events due to the communications jamming protocol established by the Atlas Institute. Due to this, there wasn't ever really a point where anyone thought to ask: "Could a Heroic Spirit summoned by the land's power truly cross over to a different land without a Master?"

Of course, it is not impossible. For that is the ability of a great detective such as myself.
    But Romani Archaman, wise as he was, must have considered an alternate possibility.
    That Sherlock Holmes must have a proper summoner---a proper Master.
    I'm sure you don't need me to tell you who that is.
    A double agent within Chaldea, collaborating with it to thwart the King of Magic's scheme.
    None but the Alien God can bestow a Servant with such a purpose.
    All along, I have been---a Servant summoned by the Alien God in 2016.
    The first Apostle of the Alien God, so to speak.

Holmes:

...Goodness me, I have neither recollection nor awareness of this fact. But circumstantial evidence indicates that this is the case.
    It is likely that I sealed my own memories away, forgetting the fact that I am an Apostle of the Alien God.
    Was it for the sake of gaining Chaldea's trust, or was it to emancipate myself from the Alien God...?
    I have no means of knowing which, given that I sealed away the memories of my summoning.

But I can make a few inferences.
    I was summoned by the Alien God and thus obeyed them.
    I would prefer to think that was not the case, but since this is a matter of fact, I shall accept it.
    ---In which case, what was my motive?
    I hadn't been brainwashed. So I must have acquiesced to the Alien God's summons after some negotiation.
    In which case, what cause would move Sherlock Holmes to obey the Alien God?
    The Alien God summoned me in London and sent me to TRI-HERMES thereafter.
    Singularity. Pan-Human History. Lostbelt. Fantasy Tree. The shape of stars. The shape of space. The shape of God.
    Celestial bodies turned unobservable and countless galaxies rose over the planet's surface.
    Such loneliness. Such isolation. It is as though this planet has been cut off from the universe.
    Our world is already hollow, empty and void. And yet---

Holmes:
    ---I see. Should that be the motive, then it stands to reason that I would obey.

I erased my own memories, my own records.
    But not for the sake of hiding my status as an Apostle of the Alien God.
    But because I would be compelled to cooperate with the Alien God, by my very own nature, should I recall my status as an Apostle.
    For that is who I, Sherlock Holmes, am. It has nothing to do with selling out humanity or betraying Chaldea.
    I created that unsightly cover story to betray my own creed.
    The "me" engraved in human history at the time of my summoning---
    The imperturbable me, who would make deductions irrespective of good and evil,
    had created the "me" who would make deductions that lean towards good, one whom the Chaldeans would prefer.
    Like how I once was, or perhaps like myself from out of a fantasy.

Holmes opens his eyes once more, back at the Reichenbach falls with the rest of you, now seemingly back in good health. For a moment, he seems to confuse you with people from his life, first Watson, then his little Yelena, before finally seeing you as Gudao again. And then, he speaks to you (TL note: the first line below is actually written out in English, see: https://i.imgur.com/uFkG2Z7.jpeg)

Holmes:
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
    There was a flaw in the theory of my past self.
    It is the possibility that I myself and those around me would be in jeopardy should the truth be uncovered.
    For that reason, I have been averting my eyes from this mystery.
    I sealed the problem itself out of sight and out of mind, before I could reach that conclusion.

You beg him to not go any further with his explanation, but he does not listen.

Holmes:
    But now the seal has been undone. Who summoned the "unveiler"? Well, it is all too obvious.
    I am an Apostle of the Alien God.
    The role I have been given is ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

With this revelation finally brought to light, Holmes' body begins to tear itself apart once more.
    What has been missing since his summoning is now pouring in to fill the void. There may have been many things he couldn't comprehend or answer, but none of that matters now. He now understands Moriarty's objective, what he's after in this Singularity. It's Chaldea. But the man standing before him is young and unpolished, deliberate yet prideful, and so he will act to unveil the objective of his nemesis. Or rather, all he has to do is reveal to you what power Moriarty really has.

He turns to Moriarty, and then to you, and makes his final revelation. Moriarty's power is that of the three goddesses of fate; the Norns of Norse mythology. It made him truly absolute in all manners, but with this, it will no longer be an issue. Moriarty is stumped, but Holmes pays him no mind, simply closing his eyes, and then, in the next moment...he falls.
    I suppose discovering the truth has led to my annihilation, rather than a fatal wound.
    Though I may be an Apostle of the Alien God, I've kept averting my eyes from that truth. I have been betraying my Master by doing so.
    On the other hand, I cannot deny my betrayal of Chaldea either.
    For my role is to ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    As such, the timing is as good as it can get.
    It wasn't a "problem so difficult that even the great detective himself has overlooked it".
    The fact that Sherlock Holmes is ignoring it is the problem itself.
    That was what she meant, and she meant it as a warning.
    My apologies, Miss Sion. I failed to notice your heartfelt attentiveness.
    But I did not have a choice, did I?
    It was a truly unbecoming faux pas for a gentleman to intentionally overlook it---
    But those feelings did not befit the great detective who investigated the murder of Pan-Human History for the cause of justice,
    the Heroic Spirit Sherlock Holmes.
    ---I enjoyed these days very much.
    Before me lies a hard-to-crack case. Crisis approaches. And in spite of Watson's absence...
    I spent those hectic days with many dear companions. It is with great reluctance that I part with them.
    I kept averting my eyes so that I could stay with them.
    But I was able to choose the best option while avoiding the worst one. By wielding wit and reason as my weapons to the very end, just like a true detective.
    I am laughing now. I am smiling up at Moriarty as he looks down on me.
    He, on the other hand---has a puzzled look on his face.
    The answer, of course, is obvious.
    Holmes:
    It is because we, Chaldea, will triumph.

I don't need to infer anything. This is an answer I can give with certainty.
    That we will triumph.
    I fear not death. All I feel is certainty in victory and a measure of peace.
    ---James Moriarty.
    You may have won. But despite that, victory is still mine.
    Farewell, staff of Chaldea.
    Farewell, Mister Zemlupus.
    Farewell, Miss Sion and Captain Nemo.
    Farewell, Da Vinci.
    Farewell, Director Gordolf.
    Farewell, Yelena.
    Farewell, Mister Fujimaru.
    Farewell, Miss Kyrielight.
    Farewell to all my dear and wonderful friends.

Holmes:
    Yes. Those were wonderful days indeed.
    Moriarty merely stands there. He won. No, he should have won. A chill runs up his spine, not out of fear, but out of lack of understanding. Why was Sherlock so satisfied just now, enough that he could laugh in the moment of his own demise? And then, a voice calls out to him, asking Moriarty if he really doesn't see it. In some dark place, Jimmy is now confronted by his older self. The old Moriarty introduces himself just so, before informing his younger self that he has made a complete and utter mistake. Jimmy doesn't understand, he beat Sherlock just now. He beat the man old Moriarty never managed to best. But his older self says there's still more work to be done.

Young Moriarty snaps out of it, then turns to the rest of Chaldea, proclaiming the death of Sherlock Holmes. That fulfills one of his objectives, which just leaves him with one other: the usurpation of Chaldea. He genuinely believes that he can fight and win far more efficiently than all of you. Gordolf tells him off for saying such a thing after they just losing their friend, but Moriarty isn't asking their permission or opinion on the matter. Instead, he turns to Kadoc, asking what he thinks, and Kadoc quickly realizes he's being asked to take on the role of Master for Moriarty. Moriarty confirms, saying he has no interest in Gudao. Kadoc is simply much more hardworking, diligent, and zealous, even though he's more of a cynic. But fortunately for us, Kadoc declines the offer, saying he doesn't feel like going through with the betrayal thing yet again. But that's where he misunderstands, Moriarty explains. The professor is the one who will do the betrayal here, and dispose of Chaldea. Then Kadoc finally understands Moriarty is going to fully renounce his status as an Apostle here.

Moriarty:
    I am not an Apostle of the Alien God, but rather an Apostle of the Alien World.
    I did not form a contract with the Alien God. Rather, I formed one with the mechanism—the system—they possess.
    While the Alien God may have summoned and bestowed power upon me, I am under no obligation to obey.
    For that is a fate I have severed.

With the three goddesses of fate-Urđr, Verđandi and Skuld-within him, he can weave and sever threads of fate to his liking. That is why he was never affected by any attack: he simply kept linking himself with another thread of fate entirely. In the same vein, it was how he unshackled himself from his summoner. Nonetheless, it would be unseemly for him to remain an Apostle of the Alien World now, since that was only for the sake of defeating Sherlock Holmes. That's why he wants Kadoc as his new Master now. Kadoc looks up, deep in thought.

I gaze up at the Reichenbach Falls, atop which stands Moriarty.
    His power is outstanding. His strategies and tactics are well thought out.
    And above all else, he means every last word of it. Even I can tell as much.
    So he truly does mean his betrayal.
    Should I accept him, Chaldea will surely be capable of solving the matter more efficiently.
    This is not a proposal I can reject out of hand. But---there's just one thing.
    There's no pride in it.
    I would normally say things like that are worth less than dirt.
    But that's a line for humans to speak. I am a Crypter and a magus.
    So I'll think rationally, and come to the following conclusion:

Kadoc:
    Understood. All I have to do is become your Master, correct?

You're all in shock, but Moriarty confirms. However, before they proceed, Kadoc has two conditions for teaming up with Moriarty. One is that he fights Gudao and triumphs. The other is that he's not allowed to complain about the outcome, no matter what. He asks you if you're up for it, if you can fight for Holmes and beat this guy up. You obviously stand ready, and while Charlie is with you, he only has a couple more minutes to spare. But in that case, you'll simply call for another.

Gudao:
    Come, my---
    First Servant!

Unsummon Program, Assault Start. Commencing Spiritron conversion. All processes completed. Commencing verification of Emergency Order. Before you, in a flash, stands the first Servant of the last Master of humanity: the Shielder, Mashu Kyrielight. She stands here on behalf of all that she believes in, rather than revenge. Moriarty thinks this is all pointless, and once Mashu launches an attack, he merely severs the fate of her attack connecting. But...something's wrong. Her attack hit him straight on. He's utterly confused by this as the threads of fate break. Mashu, continuing her assault alongside Charlemagne, says that with the defeat of Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty ended his own fate. As Holmes' ultimate adversary, that man was none other than his most fated rival. Moriarty spits, accepting this battle nonetheless. He transcends his own Saint Graph. He is now truly an Apostle of the Alien World, and the Napoleon of Crime. He is the one who shall bring Chaldea to heel.

---

Once more, after the battle, Moriarty is confronted by his older self, who says fate is never an immutable matter. Young Moriarty thinks it's Sherlock's fault that this happened, just as Mashu said, but that's not even close to the right answer. He then guesses Gudao, then Charlemagne, and even Mashu. But they're all wrong. The person who brought this about was the one who didn't even partake in the battle. The one who was a mere bystander. Kadoc Zemlupus. He was the one to reveal the threads of fate to the rest, allowing them to be severed. Before leaving his younger self to it, he urges Moriarty to discard his arrogance to avoid a certain death here.

Meanwhile, Viy tells Kadoc that this has been the last shred of power he had in him. With this, he bids farewell to Kadoc, but not before Kadoc can thank the Elemental properly. After all, he's only here thanks to its help.

Viy:
    You're very welcome. Master of my master.

Viy disappears, and Moriarty has been defeated. He asks if it's really the case that Kadoc made this happen, and Kadoc says he never said anything about not helping Chaldea in the battle. Actually, it serves him right if the interference of someone like Kadoc can cause him to lose. Now, all that's left is to die a pathetic death, and that's where his final proposal comes in: he simply asks you to help him out here.

You're obviously all shocked, that he would ask this after killing one of your allies (although Moriarty counts it as self-defense since Holmes killed him in life, especially since Mashu mentions that in later books Holmes survived, so it wasn't a mutual kill anymore). Either way, Moriarty has barely any energy left, and will soon disappear, just like Charlemagne. In fact, even making a temporary contract with you wouldn't change that. In other words, he's well and truly doomed to die here, but he knows that there's more to this Singularity, and he's the only one who can show it to you. So basically, if you kill him here, you'll never know what it is.

Charlemagne stays out of it since he's not even part of Chaldea, and so does Kadoc. Mashu thinks you should accept it, since it's probably what Holmes would have done, and so the rest of you agree, and you form a provisional contract with Moriarty, which will sustain him for just a little while. Sorry to leave you like this, Charlemagne is now out of energy, and so he has to leave you in the care of Mashu and Moriarty. But he thanks you for showing him so much cool stuff, and he's sure that the real Karl is definitely rejoicing within the digital sea as well.

With Charlie gone, you ask Moriarty to show the way. Gordolf asks what this great thing he knows of is, and where it is. Moriarty says that surely you already knew that you're currently in North America, even though there was nothing American about this place. But the place you're about to go to is an extremely American one. Located deep within the Via Regia realm, in a place once known as the state of Nevada. It's a certain blank region which even Sancho failed to notice, but he's sure you'll understand once you get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Story Summary - Chapter 22: And So You Shall Face Retribution

--- Arrow 1 ---
    Moriarty drives the golem carriage to where you're going, with Minerva scouting ahead. Meanwhile, you sit in the carriage and talk to Kadoc. You think back on what Pepe once said, how maybe one day, when you're all grown up, you, him, and Kadoc could call yourselves the A-team instead. Kadoc says you still have a long way to go before you can count yourself part of the A-team. However, Mashu, who was technically part of the team, says there might not be another chance after this, and she's all for including you. And so, Kadoc compromises; you'll be the A-minus Team. Though Mashu thinks "minus" is bad for optics, so you go with "A-dash" instead.

Changing the subject, Kadoc says that while he only knew Holmes for a short while, he wonders how you and Mashu are holding up right now. Mashu says that of course she's sad, but she's also frustrated, and above all, she just can't believe it even happened. Kadoc asks if she thinks he somehow survived, but she says she definitely heard the disappearance of a Saint Graph right after she Reishifted into the Singularity, and judging by the record of it, it couldn't have been anyone other than Holmes. But still, it's Holmes, so she totally expected him to just come walking up that hill after the battle, declaring he's all right, after all. After all, that's exactly what happened in the books. Even Gordolf chimes in, saying he's certain that handsome fella will waltz back into your lives as if nothing happened. Da Vinci agrees, since "there are still mysteries left unsolved". The great detective can hardly bow out before you figure out everything about the bleaching of the world and the Alien God's true identity, or the Fantasy Trees.

Having set up camp, and Kadoc having warded off wild animals, you decide to rest for a bit. Moriarty stays in spirit form to sustain himself for as long as possible, and it seems Minerva won't be able to go any further. Mashu wishes Pepe was here with you around the campfire, and Kadoc says there weren't many magi who were as good as reading the room as he was.

Kadoc:
    He was a unique sort of guy, one who never made things awkward.
    Even that moody Akuta caved in to his requests.
    ...I didn't know she was Yu Mei-ren, though...

He obviously used to just think she was moody, and now he wonders how he could ever just think everything was normal with her. Mashu says she was probably mostly there to help eliminate the risks of testing Reishifting. Mashu then takes the opportunity to ask Kadoc what he thought about Kirschtaria's plan, the deification of mankind. She says it was an unthinkable dream, and an absurdly ambitious plan. Kadoc answers that he only knew as much about it as this idiot next to him (meaning Gudao). That said, he had no reason to oppose the plan. Still, it surprised him.

Kadoc:
    Magi, by definition, are more or less a bunch of egotists.
    Even lofty ideals such as the salvation of humanity will eventually fall prey to corruption and lead them astray.
    If he had been in Pan-Human History, Kirschtaria would've eventually established a new faculty---
    Or perhaps he would've inherited the seat of a Lord.
    That in itself would have been more than enough for a magus to distinguish themselves.
    Yet he crafted a plan that goes against that and put it into action.
    The accumulation of his efforts. Their results. The merit he had earned. A privileged position.
    He tossed all that aside as though they were "insignificant", and strove to stand hand-in-hand with all mankind.
    What I couldn't believe was that spirit of his, rather than his thaumaturgical aptitude or skills.
    ...Not that I noticed it back then though. He was truly a man worthy of being our leader.

Gordolf interrupts to take the opportunity to ask about Daybit, who's waiting for you in the final Lostbelt. However, Kadoc is honest and says he really doesn't know a lot about the guy.

Kadoc:
    He was, at times, like the all-veiling darkness and yet, he was also like a radiant light dispelling a person's doubts.
    At times, it would seem like we could communicate with him and yet, at times it felt like we weren't even speaking the same language.
    And yet he could deftly handle matters of communication. So well that it almost alarmed us.
    In that sense, he and Holmes are rather alike.
    He would suddenly state the exact solution we were looking for, despite never having had any involvement or hand in it on his part.
    ...It kind of felt like he was seeing a whole other dimension that we weren't.
    Sporadic yet unabating. That is who Daybit Sem Void is.

You're given the choice to ask about Ophelia here too, and if you do, Kadoc says that if Daybit is someone who was always the same, Ophelia was someone who was always changing. However, he doesn't think this is the right time to go into the reason why she changed in the first place, and he invokes his right to remain silent. He wouldn't talk even if you activated his collar. Although, Da Vinci says you turned that off long ago at this point. That puts Kadoc at ease, at least a bit, since he's been worried about accidentally setting it off this whole time. And so you finally go to sleep one last time in this Singularity, although Kadoc needs to keep telling Gudao to shut up with the questions and just sleep already.

--- Arrow 2 ---
    The next day, you arrive at your destination, in the middle of a desert. There seems to be nothing there, but Moriarty explains that it's merely a masterful camouflage. Da Vinci apparently already knows what this place is, having looked at the coordinates, though she didn't think this was where you were really going. You speak the "password" (open sesame), with Gudao being way too eager to say it, and suddenly the ground opens up beneath you, where a metal hatch moves out of the way. Metal stairs lead underground, into the darkness, and that is where you're headed.

The stairs seem modern. You keep descending further and further. Your destination is about ten stories below ground. Moriarty thinks maybe that's the case because they were worried about bunker busters when building this place, and Mashu wonders why a modern weapon would be relevant here. But there is more relevance to it than she can imagine, he says. Descending a while further, you run into a familiar face. It is Zhang Jiao, or at least, something resembling him. It appears to be his main body, but Moriarty says he's actually long since dead.

Moriarty:
    I believe he's an existence referred to as a shijiexian.
    However, as long as he remains a corpse, his Master won't be supplying him with magical energy.
    So Zhang Jiao had little choice but to create an alter ego of himself, while erasing its self-awareness as an alter ego at the same time.
    For it would lose its sense of self should it gain awareness of its status as an alter ego, putting it at risk of annihilation.
    Even if the assassination plan should succeed, even if he should fall in the final battle...
    As long as he, the real self, remains in existence here, he will create an alter ego and revive.
    The revived alter ego would have eventually restored this Singularity.
    And then invite in resummoned Servants, foment conflicts, and bring about another War of the Realms.
    All for the sake of his Master.
    That's over now though.
    The cost of creating an alter ego is that he systematized his own real self.
    Incapable of self-defense, incapable of self-growth, little more than---decoration.

With a tap, Moriarty destroys the body of Zhang Jiao, once and for all. Kadoc wonders if he was protecting this place, but Moriarty says that's not it. Or well, you could call it that, but it would be more accurate to say that he had no choice but to remain here. While his Master created this Singularity, Zhang Jiao was the one who had to nurture it. It was due to him that this place became so bizarre. Moving on, Moriarty goes to open the door behind where the Servant sat. From this point on, he says, communications with Chaldea will most likely be impossible. But don't worry, you'll be right back. Gordolf tells Kadoc that no matter what, your safe return is to be prioritized. It pains him to say it, but Kadoc is the only reasonable person there who can be trusted to keep that order (something Kadoc says he's WELL AWARE of).
    The trio were dumbfounded by the alienness of the passageway behind that door. What confronted them was some sort of cosmic corridor.

Moriarty:
    That which I must show you lies ahead.
    Now, let us move on to ground zero of this Singularity.

Kadoc:
    But this is almost like---

You ask Kadoc what he's thinking of, but he says it's nothing, and you walk on. This time, it won't take long to get where you're going, though.

The quartet walked wordlessly down the cosmic corridor.
    They had no time to admire the beautiful yet horrifying sights before them, or perhaps there simply was no room for fear.
    There was this oppressive feeling, like the walls were closing in. As though they were driven by necessity.
    Kadoc, Mash, and Fujimaru.
    What swept across their minds was a truly distressing feeling. It was neither unpleasant nor uncomfortable.
    It was like restlessly traversing a mountain in the dark of night.
    "I'm about to see something truly ominous."
    A strange certainty of that nature.

Moriarty:
    The Master of this Singularity lies up ahead.
    Needless to say, his act is one of revenge and retribution against Pan-Human History.
    He has that right---I believe that is what I told you before, Kadoc?
    But that's not quite accurate.
    He was not in a position to do otherwise.
    He was obligated to do so, as it was his duty.
    Even should the intent to retaliate be absent, as an entity, he was in a position where he could not do otherwise.
    And the Servant, Zhang Jiao, established this extreme-scale Singularity to fulfill that wish.
    Using Area 51, Nevada, USA in the year 2017---as its point of origin.
    We've arrived. This is the final door.
    I presume you're ready?

You give confirmation, and Moriarty opens the door.
    ---What lay before their eyes was an unremarkable yet outlandish scenery.
    Kadoc Zemlupus had lived his life as a magus.
    Mash Kyrielight and Fujimaru had fought their way through a multitude of Singularities and Lostbelts.
    Many oddities have they encountered. Some worthy of awe, and some not.
    And yet---it's not every day that they encounter a situation wherein "unremarkable scenery becomes an oddity".

Kadoc:
    ---Where are we?

Moriarty:
    That is, of course, self-explanatory.
    You could call it an operating theater, or perhaps a treatment room, or perhaps a laboratory.
    The devices on the walls appear to be state-of-the-art, but it would probably be safer to not touch them.

---No, that is irrelevant. That is well and truly irrelevant now.
    Their sense of sight rejects it.
    It screams that it does not wish to see what lies in this room.

Moriarty:
    My time is almost up...but one last thing. Allow me to introduce you.
    This here is the origin of the entire Singularity.
    The life-form that purportedly crash landed on Earth 100 years ago.
    One who has cultivated a hatred towards humanity after 100 years of subjection to all forms of experimentation here.
    Subject: E.

FIN
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Sorry this took so long, I mostly just forgot or had other stuff to do. Chances are that an LB7 summary won't be quite this extensive, but we'll see when we get there.

Quick TL note on Moriarty's last line there, about "Subject: E", mostly because I really don't remember if we already brought it up here.
    The JP word used here is "被検体:E". If you've been paying close attention, you'll know that Bluebook says something similar in earlier parts (LB1 outro, Atlantis intro), but what he says is "検体" (or "検体:E" when specific).
    検体 literally just means "specimen" or "sample" (in the scientific sense), while 被 is a thing you slap on words to make it an "-ee" word, as in, to show that it's "the target for an activity". That is why the English words chosen here are "specimen" and "subject" for Bluebook and Moriarty's mentions, respectively.
    Last edited by fumei; November 28th, 2022 at 05:45 PM.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    He was, at times, like the all-veiling darkness and yet, he was also like a radiant light dispelling a person's doubts.
    At times, it would seem like we could communicate with him and yet, at times it felt like we weren't even speaking the same language.
    And yet he could deftly handle matters of communication. So well that it almost alarmed us.
    In that sense, he and Holmes are rather alike.
    He would suddenly state the exact solution we were looking for, despite never having had any involvement or hand in it on his part.
    ...It kind of felt like he was seeing a whole other dimension that we weren't.
    Sporadic yet unabating. That is who Daybit Sem Void is.
    Excitement for LB7 intensifies

Thank you so much for the summaries/translations!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your work. I wonder what juice amoral Apostle Holmes got stuffed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Thanks for translating.

and he's sure that the real Karl is definitely rejoicing within the digital sea as well.
    Wait, does that mean that the who helped summon Charlie was post-Link Moon Cell Karl? I assumed it was the one on the throne who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Thanks for all your work. I wonder what juice amoral Apostle Holmes got stuffed with.
    Unfortunately it's hidden with a [berserker_text] (you know, the long black bars) rather than a number of censored characters, so we don't even get the chance to guess the word.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's fine, he'll be back.

Of course he will, Gordolf said as much.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It's fine, he'll be back.
    Even without being able to read Holmes dying at the Reichenbach Falls seemed kinda weird given his legend of surviving it and faking his death. I always figured he'd have conceptual protection or something against dying there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

And with this, Traum is finally done with in just about every way, and we can move on at last, after several long months (wow it came out early june).
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The inclusive we holding a solemn loneliness within it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I can't wait for Holmes to show back up with horns bros.