Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: So where is Lostbelt 7 taking place?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's hard to talk about Nasu breaking rules in such a vague manner and use that to pretend to have a logical point. Feels a lot like a general aversion to reading the story/mats coming through.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Since when has Nasu stopped caring? He seems just as intent on explaining everything that appears in FGO as a legitimate part of his setting and it's rules as he's been since the start, to the detriment of the game and the setting both.

Explicitly calling Arc a guest for the 7th anni is him sticking to his guns, not abandoning them.

It's the same as him sectioning off GudaGuda for inconsistencies with lore that may not even be used anyway.
    "Just ignore this bit that doesn't make sense because I can't/won't explain it" is pretty explicitly giving up, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

i'm sure this is what deathhappens meant
    No, not at all, actually. I don't even particularly like Arc, my reaction would have been more or less the same if Nasu decided to throw out Ciel as the anniversary Servant instead. Arc is only worse in that, in the scenario where we pretend there was any thought involved in Arc's inclusion beyond "make the fans happy" (to put it charitably), her status as TA and Archetype Earth should have she's extra-ultra-impossible to be a Servant, and as fumei pointed out we even have an outright example of why in Yu Meiren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post

About Nasu breaking rules, I feel like you keep saying this with nothing good to back it up. First of all, it's such an overused counterargument. How many instances can you even name where he clearly breaks a rule, rather than expand (without contradicting) on it?
    Reteoactively changing the rules by adding more clauses is just as intellectually dishonest as plain ignoring them or presenting a completely transparent handwave disguised as a loophole, all of which Nasu does in a regular basis.

Please, do elaborate. I'm genuinely curious about what you even mean here.
    You outright pointed out in your post how impossible it should be for Arcueid to have a Servant container, and here she is. What more do I need to say?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

No, I pointed out why she can't be a Grand. Chaldea's summoning has always basically been cheating and practically ignored the Throne anyway, because it's just made to fit the fact that it's a gacha game. In the same vein, Archetype is fanservice, and I would say her profile makes this excruciatingly clear (the only way it could possibly be clearer is if he, just like in EXTRA mats, outright said the word "fanservice"), so I hardly see how that constitutes "giving up". It's a fanservice gift for celebrating the anniversary of the game. That's it.

Also you don't have to be a Heroic Spirit/Servant to have a Saint Graph, as has been established many times by now, but her referring to herself as one makes sense in the context of having been summoned to Chaldea with their summoning system. "Oh you just stuffed me into this system? very well" is the extent of it.

Really, if this is where you draw the line for having "given up", one has to wonder why the same line wasn't drawn with Ahnenerbe, or neco-arc, or ciel-sensei, or tiger dojos. Oh, that's right, because they're fanservice. FGO is not exempt from having fanservice and requiring lore explanations for everything it does. If anything, it revels in the fact that most of it is just fanservice that doesn't actually make sense, even if they do provide bullshit explanations now and then.
    Last edited by fumei; August 7th, 2022 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just you wait until its revealed Neco-Arc is Zelretch's cat.

JP Friend Code
    Fanservice aside, if Tiamat can make a servant saint graph version of her while being imprisoned by the planet inside the Imaginary Number Space and even send it to another timeline, I think Arc should be capable of doing the exact same thing (without the turning loli part) while self-chained in the Millennium Castle on a whim.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Nasu adding more clauses to his rules rarely breaks stuff.

Like, back when he added that bit of Camelot being always destined to fall because of the Time Locks, that really doesn't change Artoria's story and just adds to the fact that everything was gonna go to shit regardless of what she did. In general, as expansive as the lore is, it's always been a core part of all of his stories in how said lore affects it's characters first and foremost, so he'll change them if it's needed to make the story better.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    In the same vein, Archetype is fanservice, and I would say her profile makes this excruciatingly clear (the only way it could possibly be clearer is if he, just like in EXTRA mats, outright said the word "fanservice"), so I hardly see how that constitutes "giving up". It's a fanservice gift for celebrating the anniversary of the game. That's it.
    You are absolutely right! I will warmly look forward to 8th anniversary Servant Optimus Prime, then, for what could be better fanservice than a giant transforming robot?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    We do have several sentient robots as servants now. Optimus Prime would also be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    You are absolutely right! I will warmly look forward to 8th anniversary Servant Optimus Prime, then, for what could be better fanservice than a giant transforming robot?
    Great reply, you really got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    I mean, if Nasu made Transformers a canon timeline, Optimus would totally be legit.

...Did we just discover mobile's Grand Rider?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Arc is only worse in that, in the scenario where we pretend there was any thought involved in Arc's inclusion beyond "make the fans happy"
    Unless Part 3 is just Types, in which case her and ORT's inclusion is foreshadowing.

In which case get ready for playable V/V.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    The reason why Nasu is such a recluse is that his inability to tell others 'no' is so big that if he met with people from other companies we'd already have Optimus Prime, Tarzan, the Joker, Minnie Mouse, Judge Dredd, Super Hijitus, the Road Runner, Sailor Moon, Goku, Arya Stark, Spawn, Wolverine, Suzumiya Haruhi and El Chavo as Servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Just you wait until its revealed Neco-Arc is Zelretch's cat.
    Considering the stuff in Miyako's boss rush it's not that far-fetched honestly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You think I was joking?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Wasn't it already mentioned that Zelretch is believed to have brought Neco from another timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You think I was joking?
    I thought it was a comment more along the lines of speculation than a certainty, but it certainly wouldn't feel out of place at all when the man is responsible for the Kaleidostick.