Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] The Eight Dog Bowmen at the Southern Sea

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Why do people feel so threatened by this so called japanese wank when anything japanese is remotely mentioned? what did the 2d anime girl do to you?
    idk why people get so defensive when this is called out

it's because this series started out with a literal rule to avoid jp servants and now somehow the amount of jp heroic spirits dwarfs everything else
    for me, my biggest issue has always been there are hundreds of depictions of nobunaga, etc in japanese media. the entire fun part of fate is how the japanese depict non-japanese figures. so yeah it's tiresome

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for being the first person to ever explain it. I can't say I understand you on any emotional level, but at least I understand the deal on the rational level and that's a years long question finally out of head.

JP Friend Code
    Not liking JP-focused events and servants is fine, but I don't think calling those JP wanking is accurate. If we're talking about actual busted servants, I'm sure 99% of them are non Japanese.

Blog Entries
    The event should introduced Xu Fu and JP Robo into the gatcha. Maybe we can have some Ryuku island stuff since JP robo is believed to be the God of the Ryuku people, or something like that.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    so why Ushiwaka is not on the bonus servant list? Tametomo is her uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

it's because this series started out with a literal rule to avoid jp servants and now somehow the amount of jp heroic spirits dwarfs everything else
    you mean the rule that is never mentioned in the same work it was supposed to be used and broken in the very first work of the franchise?

Anyway, there are 64 Servants in FGO that are Japanese historical or mythological characters. Of those, 13 where introduced in other works or are variants of those., 19 are GudaGuda Servants or variants of those, 7 are Servants introduced in Shinousa or variants of those and 3 are Servants introduced for Heyan.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

The japanese characters left are Ushiwakamaru, Kiyohime, Raioku, the onis, Koutarou, Sei, Murasaki, Osakabehime, Musashi, Sitonai, Kiichi Hogen, and all their variants, in case you are wondering.
    Last edited by Herod; June 23rd, 2022 at 01:25 AM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    There have been some events that had different bonus Servants between the pre-release campaign and the event, like last Halloween's pre campaign had a bonus for every Servant that had ever appeared in a Halloween event, but the event only had bonus for the few that appeared in it. Since this says "ALL Archers" without any kind of distinction I suppose it might be something like that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there is all Archers in the support list. That was a thing that felt very "this is my moment".

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

for me, my biggest issue has always been there are hundreds of depictions of nobunaga, etc in japanese media. the entire fun part of fate is how the japanese depict non-japanese figures. so yeah it's tiresome
    This is at least reasonable. At most you just hear people being super mad at the mere mention if anything japanese and I never understood why

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    you mean the rule that is never mentioned in the same work it was supposed to be used and broken in the very first work of the franchise?.
    This is a very disingenuous way to put it, given how many hoops Caster needed to go through to cheat the system and get Assassin out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Not liking JP-focused events and servants is fine, but I don't think calling those JP wanking is accurate. If we're talking about actual busted servants, I'm sure 99% of them are non Japanese.
    At least Robo-Tomato is a Minamoto, and that clan is cracked, so him being a strong fella is very much expected.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    She's a dog, too.

This anti-Ushi slander must not stand.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Didnt nasu say he didnt want to seem like makai tensho or whatever. I do remember nasu saying he did want to avoid jp servants explicitly at some point.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And then Sakurai did a full-plot parody of Makai Tenshou.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Didnt nasu say he didnt want to seem like makai tensho or whatever. I do remember nasu saying he did want to avoid jp servants explicitly at some point.
    Urobuchi wanted the Caster in Zero to be a Xian and then Nasu told him Fuyuki's system can only summon western Servants. It may have been mentioned even before that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Things Nasu wanted for Fate initially and things that happened in FGO are different things. One is when he wrote another VN and had full control over it, another is when Aniplex threw a mobage at him and he had to work with multiple writers delivering new content regularly so he had to make some concessions as he admitted.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    What a brave and controversial opinion.

I think ultimately the writers like writing things they know well. Never forget it is a Japanese game.
    When Western creators do chauvinism: How culturally insensitive of them, why aren't they more diverse.

When Japanese creators do chauvinism: It's just natural they write what they know! It's a Japanese game! What did you expect?

Ah, Type Moon fanbase, never change. Or better yet, do.
    Last edited by OverMaster; June 23rd, 2022 at 07:51 PM.

US Friend Code
    Honestly the rule was thrown out way before GO anyway with Extra.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I wouldn't even mind the Japanese repetition so much if only there weren't whole subcontinents without a single representation yet, like Subsaharian Africa and South America. After over six fucking years.

It's only now that we got the first Spaniard Servant.

Edit: Quetz is North of Central America. Not South America. And even then, a single Servant (two if we count Jaguar, who is half Japanese through her host).
    Last edited by OverMaster; June 23rd, 2022 at 07:54 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    When Western creators do chauvinism: How culturally insensitive of them, why aren't they more diverse.

When Japanese creators do chauvinism: It's just natural they write what they know! It's a Japanese game! What did you expect?

Ah, Type Moon fanbase, never change. Or better yet, do.
    Yes, it is I, mister strawman, holding both those opinions for your convenience.