Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] The Eight Dog Bowmen at the Southern Sea

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Eight Canine Warriors also get silhouettes because 2 learned the fans really love those.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Eight Canine Warriors also get silhouettes because 2 learned the fans really love those.

Arcbros, you still have a chance...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Arete's Avatar
    So what's up with Ushi and Kiichii? They look all set to go.

EDIT: Also yay, new bottle mat in shop.
    Last edited by Arete; June 29th, 2022 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    So what's up with Ushi and Kiichii? They look all set to go.
    They do not fit the narrative of Bakin is the current guess.

US Friend Code
    Can't tell if Bakin is a genderbend or not.

Blog Entries
    Bakin's art very Touhou
    but i dont like the 3rd ascension
    also her kit is kinda bad and my pile is low so dice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Can't tell if Bakin is a genderbend or not.
    The answer is mostly yes for first (a little Omichi but mostly Bakin), full yes for second (just Bakin), no for third (Fusehime)

- - - Updated - - -

Though if you're distilling it to the bare essentials, yes this a genderbend

Oh, third ascension is Fusehime? I suppose that's where the Divinity skill comes from then?

- - - Updated - - -

So how does the expedition thing work? Do I have to pay 1 Ascension material to get another one after X time? I don't know if I really want to trade proofs for chains, both are honestly necessary for me.
    Last edited by Oz1337; June 29th, 2022 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    So how does the expedition thing work? Do I have to pay 1 Ascension material to get another one after X time? I don't know if I really want to trade proofs for chains, both are honestly necessary for me.
    So my first dog came back and apparently you get back the mat you used plus the one you searched for and points.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So it's Bakin-Fusehime? Though I suppose being accompanied by the dogs does hint at her other identity.

- - - Updated - - -

Though when Divinity's involved I automatically assumed Outer God shenanigan to mirror Hokusai's.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    So my first dog came back and apparently you get back the mat you used plus the one you searched for and points.
    Of course. They fetch. They are all good doggos.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Story summary: Prologue - The Shaggy Dog makes the Heroic Warriors Come Running

When you wake up, something is licking you. You suspect Fou, but it's a dog you've never seen before. Barghest enters your room, carrying clothes that have undergone care from Miss Crane and Habetrot. She sees the dogs and wants to pet it, but it flees.

Elsewhere, the dog encounters Saber Alter who senses that its hungry and offers to give it some dog food she keeps around. She wants to name it 'Cavall the Third'. Alexander happens upon the scene too, finding the puppy quite beautiful and calling it 'Peritas'. He offers it some water, which it refuses. Next Sei appears, calling it 'Okinamaru'. Not actually her dog though, but it does resemble the one she once had. She starts petting it to the others envy. Alexander notices it has a heart mark on its back. Caren, Cu and Ko-Gil show up and observe too. Caren offers to pet Cu too, if only he gets down on his back and begs like a dog. Gil is a bit suspicious of the dog. The puppy feels overwhelmed by the people trying to give it a name and escapes again.

It runs past Abigail, Bunyan and Carmilla, and even the scary Hessian Lobo. Eventually it takes shelter in Izou's room, crawling up next to him for shelter, much to his annoyance. Abigail and Bunyan come in asking for it, but Izou plays dumb, hiding it in his clothes. Next is Alexander, Sei and Saber Alter who ask much the same. Once again, Izou chases them off. He talks a bit with the puppy, rationalizing that he only started hiding because others wanted to find it. Eventually you enter Izou's room together with Hokusai and Barghest. Izou once again plays dumb, but Hokusai does a loud "boo!" and scares the puppy out. An unknown female Servant emerges, calling the puppy Sousuke. This is the puppy's real owner.

At the control room, Da Vinci explains the situation to Izou. The Servant is Kyokutei Bakin, Japan's first professional full-time writer. Bakin affirms, somewhat stammering. Mashu and the whole crew are impressed but... why a woman (again?) (for the xth time) (used to it now but) (maybe we're the ones who are strange?) (what are parallel worlds anyway?) Regardless, Da Vinci confirms they didn't summon Bakin. She's a stray Servant who appeared on her own at the summoning circle. You're the one who first discovered her. However, Sousuke the Bernese Mountain Dog showed up before Bakin did. According to Bakin, Sousuke is supposed to be her familiar but... In any case, this led them to finding the puppy in Izou's room.

Izou thinks it sounds fishy. Familiars should be one with their masters. He's not gonna be so naive, this is clearly an assassination attempt! Bakin doesn't know what to say. In some ways, Da Vinci agrees, it is odd. Barghest will have to accompany Bakin while they investigate her. But there's also Hokusai, who knows Bakin better than anyone else. What does she think? Hokusai is strangely quiet, before loudly exclaiming this isn't Bakin at all, but his adopted daughter Omichi. Bakin shamefully admits as much.

Barghest, you, Mashu and Bakin go to the Cafeteria. Bakin wants to thanks Izou for watching over Sousuke but he's gone off somewhere. Mashu gets an analysis report from Da Vinci: Bakin is a Rider, has a physically female body, estimated physical age of 16-18, mentally sound. However, her Saint Graph is strangely paltry (in terms of magical energy). 1/8th of a normal servant. Hokusai reasons this is why Bakin only has one of her 8 Dog Warriors with her. In Bakin's work Hakkenden, the 8 weren't literal dogs, but that seems to be the case now. In any case, this appears to be why Bakin's consciousness is only that of Omichi, though the details are unknown. In any case her 'Bakin' personality is mostly missing. Bakin requests to be called Omichi from now on. As they said, she's missing most of her Dog Warriors. Sousuke has the single pearl of a necklace bound to him that reads "duty". The other Dog Warriors have ones with other letters. Only when all these are combined will Bakin be complete.

Hokusei found Omichi's acting from before a bit amusing. Bakin sighs, but is at least relieved to have the familiar Oei around. Mashu wonders why Omichi is in Bakin's place in the first place. Maybe something similar to Hokusai? Bakin is confused. Hokusai? Where? Oei reveals that her little squid is Hokusai, much to Bakin's surprise who just thought Oei was using her father's name. In desperation, Bakin wonders if maybe then Bakin is inside of her little Sousuke and starts shaking it about, calling out for Bakin. Barghest feels like it should be impossible, since Omichi and Bakin aren't related for real, but... Suddenly Sousuke starts glowing, and an alarm sounds. Someone is aiming to shot Storm Boarder down! Barghest and Mashu protect you from the impact.

Afterward, Da Vinci reports the damages in the control room. They're back, but no staff have been lost or damaged. Sion declares they've detected something like the large Singularity they just were at. In any case, they have to do something before it attacks again. Ushiwakamaru and Kiichi Hougen show up to the meeting as well. Ushiwakamaru recognized the arrow: it was Genji. She detected it first, and reported it fast enough that they could get the barriers up. The first arrow is simply meant to adjust aim. The second is the real dangerous one. Sion brings up a map: it's a Cluster of Micro-Singularites! The assailant is in one of them. The arrow went through space-time to attack them. Hokusai likens it to the "Nanmei", the ocean south of Japan, full of small islands.

Da Vinci has a plan though! She's already working on a certain part to deal with the next attack. She'll need help from some other Servants though. In addition, they've detected 7 grails. The attacks won't stop at just two if they have that many resources. They'll need to find the assailant and stop them as fast as they can! She'll leave that mission to you. Sion tells you to take Bakin with you. Omichi doesn't think she'll be of much help, but Sion insists. No time to explain why though. All they can know is this: their enemy is Chinsei Hachirou Minamoto no Tametomo! The very same you met in the last Singularity. No doubt a very powerful Servant. They'll give the rest of the information during the mission. Omichi still feels bad, but will try her best.

Mission start. They've named the Micro-Singularity Cluster as "Nanmei", after what Hokusai called it. Ushiwakamaru, Barghest, Hokusai and Bakin will accompany you. Rayshift countdown commences, and Sousuke starts glowing. This resonates with Izou and Lobo, who are located elsewhere. Why does everything always go wrong at this step, moans Goredolf. Sion reveals that they detected a Holy Grail from Sousuke as well, but faintly. Now what does that say about the Micro-Singularity Cluster? The Rayshift sequence continues regardless, as the same light engulfs all your Servants.
    Last edited by Petrikow; July 6th, 2022 at 01:02 PM.

Thank you for the summary translation, I can now be confused in English.

Let me get this straight:

* Event requires LB3 Completion, though this is irrelevant as the requirement is just there since Da Vinci can't replace Sion and they need LB3 completion event for Road to LB7.
    * The event checks to see whether or not you've finished Tunguska Sanctuary Epilogue to use either Wandering Sea or Storm Border assets
    * However if the player has finished Traum, Sion takes over Holmes' lines.
    * Furthermore, the line from Da Vinci that they've detected Nanmei to be "like the Large Singularity they were just at", should also show up if you've finished Traum, which for the record, is unresolved.
    * Kadoc is nowhere to be seen.

I kind of expected that Kadoc won't show up in events sadly, but this event really kills the tension and sense of danger that we might not be okay post-Traum and not get out safely...
    • /r/grandorder Mod. Feel free to contact for any issues or questions.
    • Creating the ultimate TM content archive. Still WIP.
      https://tri-hermes.org/

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry about it. It's an Event.

Peritas
    Well, I learned something new today

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Anyone who thought it was Arc was delusional.
    Hopium because maybe this is the last year of FGO...

Event takes 3 weeks huh. Welp, there goes Summer 2021 rerun...

Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    Thank you for the summary translation, I can now be confused in English.

I kind of expected that Kadoc won't show up in events sadly, but this event really kills the tension and sense of danger that we might not be okay post-Traum and not get out safely...
    Now im wondering if Kadoc wont make it out of the alien autopsy room.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    Hopium because maybe this is the last year of FGO...

Event takes 3 weeks huh. Welp, there goes Summer 2021 rerun...
    Nobody said anything about that. Can we even reach LB7 this year?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Nobody said anything about that. Can we even reach LB7 this year?
    2-san said LB7 is released this year tho... so there is doomsay amongst Arc believers...