Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 914171819202124 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 519

Thread: [FGO JP Event] The Eight Dog Bowmen at the Southern Sea

  1. #361
    Karna... is a little much if we include Vasavi Shakti.
    Brahmastra Kundula does make more sense as you stated but again, we do have powerlevels on that similar level with alot of Servants so it would make him strong(Especially if somehow he was adapted to Turas Realta or another series that would make the destruction plain to see) but it's nothing close to "Machine-God" level which is a little much considering those are Interstellar Battleships of various ludicrous levels of power respectively.

    And yeah, none of those shots was True Name Release and he has a massive energy supply to spam them like he does(Especially with them ignoring Space-Time) so if they was a TNR, then yeah, that would present a big problem.

  2. #362
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,423
    if only Arjuna's Pashu Patastra had fire power from the lore (an arrow capable of destroying universe).

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    Karna... is a little much if we include Vasavi Shakti.
    Brahmastra Kundula does make more sense as you stated but again, we do have powerlevels on that similar level with alot of Servants so it would make him strong(Especially if somehow he was adapted to Turas Realta or another series that would make the destruction plain to see) but it's nothing close to "Machine-God" level which is a little much considering those are Interstellar Battleships of various ludicrous levels of power respectively.

    And yeah, none of those shots was True Name Release and he has a massive energy supply to spam them like he does(Especially with them ignoring Space-Time) so if they was a TNR, then yeah, that would present a big problem.
    Well, the fact that his Arrow can travel through Space-time and the narrative that all the archers used their NP to intercept his Arrow is what makes people think this is as the usual "Nippon Wank".

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Well, the fact that his Arrow can travel through Space-time and the narrative that all the archers used their NP to intercept his Arrow is what makes people think this is as the usual "Nippon Wank".
    I think that's BECAUSE of the Space-Time stuff and isn't that due to his connection to the "Grail" allowing that? Even back in F/SN, Cu preparing his Thrown Gae Bolg at EMIYA caused a distortion in the local space, I can see with a Grail and mass overloading, that can potentially happen but I'll wait till the Event is over and read through it entirely.

  5. #365
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,423
    Tametomo's arrow did not travel through space-time in Traum.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    I think that's BECAUSE of the Space-Time stuff and isn't that due to his connection to the "Grail" allowing that? Even back in F/SN, Cu preparing his Thrown Gae Bolg at EMIYA caused a distortion in the local space, I can see with a Grail and mass overloading, that can potentially happen but I'll wait till the Event is over and read through it entirely.
    I don't think has more energy supply would allow a servant to do those feats, Arash Stella cost him a life to reach just 2500 KM, Grand Archer Orion need all kinds of bullshit and even need to sacrifice himself in order to reach Artemis.

    I wonder how Tametomo saint graph could hold even after shooting those arrow, well I guess you right. Let's wait until the entire event is finished.
    Last edited by Bunhelier; July 2nd, 2022 at 01:20 AM.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Tametomo's arrow did not travel through space-time in Traum.
    Heard that was due to him being connected to Leylines, not an actual Grail or an equivalent sort of deal here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    I don't think has more energy supply would allow a servant to do those feats, Arash Stella cost him a life to reach just 2500 KM, Grand Archer Orion need all kinds of bullshit and even need to sacrifice himself in order to reach Artemis.

    I wonder how Tametomo saint graph could hold even after shooting those arrow, well I guess you right. Let's wait until the entire event is finished.
    Arash's Stella is a conceptual Noble Phantasm that "ends conflict". It creating that 2500 KM crevice is due to "ending the conflict" between the armies in his legends.
    Super Orion needed all of that including a Divine Construct Bow and Arrow to hurt Lostbelt Artemis at all, not actually just hit her normally and I know, I checked and scoped that scene(Hell, they explicitly stated they had to stand on Nemesis Island because SOMETHING was interfering with their attempts to hit her anywhere else, it was never the attacks could reach her from any other island, there is legit interference that forces the attacks to stop dead):



    Those are 2 very, very massive differences.
    Last edited by Gehennahem; July 2nd, 2022 at 01:29 AM.

  8. #368
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,720
    Blog Entries
    1
    Show not tell. We are told Herk is OP every time, but all his appearances in narrative involves jobbing. Achilles has a better time showing off what is meant by powerful. Gameplay is another issue as Herk is still amazing even today.

  9. #369
    夜属 Nightkin Stevethepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    133
    Blog Entries
    1
    While every time he's beaten is a bit disappointing, I certainly felt like Hercules with an extremely threatening obstacle in F/SN. Heck, the entire reason the ways he's defeated are disappointing is precisely because he feels like such a threat up until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

  10. #370
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,423
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Show not tell. We are told Herk is OP every time, but all his appearances in narrative involves jobbing. Achilles has a better time showing off what is meant by powerful. Gameplay is another issue as Herk is still amazing even today.
    you already know who to blame and it's been almost 20 years.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Show not tell. We are told Herk is OP every time, but all his appearances in narrative involves jobbing. Achilles has a better time showing off what is meant by powerful. Gameplay is another issue as Herk is still amazing even today.
    To be fair, he was a major threat in Okeanos to the point we had to do that insane plan to have the Ark of the Covenant instantly kill him because otherwise between all of the Servants helping Chaldeas and Hektor skewering Heracles and Asterios, he only died twice before that and no one could do anything.
    But otherwise, yeah, I'm not denying that he's a "jobber" now and peoples' disappointment in him not being the insane powerhouse he should be.

  12. #372
    改竄者 Falsifier Petrikow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,984
    JP Friend Code
    588,925,100
    Blog Entries
    8
    My favorite Herc thing is that he's the one obstacle in Bazett's Endless 4 Days which she cannot ever overcome, even given an infinite amount of retries.

  13. #373
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,720
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    My favorite Herc thing is that he's the one obstacle in Bazett's Endless 4 Days which she cannot ever overcome, even given an infinite amount of retries.
    Can't Nasu just give Avenger the super buff that he gave to Artoria? If Caliburn can off Herk's stocks with ease, he can just let Avenger's counter NP do the same.

  14. #374
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Can't Nasu just give Avenger the super buff that he gave to Artoria? If Caliburn can off Herk's stocks with ease, he can just let Avenger's counter NP do the same.
    Despite what FGO gameplay can lead you to believe, Avenger NP can't kill. Like, anyone. It just shares pain
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  15. #375
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,720
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Despite what FGO gameplay can lead you to believe, Avenger NP can't kill. Like, anyone. It just shares pain
    Even better. Herk killed himself because his underwear was smeared with Hydra poison and he committed suicide. They can copy this and make him immobile thanks to the pain from Avenger's NP while Bazett can either use her NP to take off Herk's stock with ease, or kill Illya instead.

  16. #376
    Ph. D. Herod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Age
    47
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Even better. Herk killed himself because his underwear was smeared with Hydra poison and he committed suicide. They can copy this and make him immobile thanks to the pain from Avenger's NP while Bazett can either use her NP to take off Herk's stock with ease, or kill Illya instead.
    Bazett NP can't kill Herk more than once.
    And Bazett attacks are simply not powerful enough to kill him.
    And Illya is nowhere to be seen in that situation.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

  17. #377
    other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Yogya
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,423
    thought it was just simple reference but there's FSN and Hollow homage in this event.

  18. #378
    屍鬼 Ghoul Lofi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Show not tell. We are told Herk is OP every time, but all his appearances in narrative involves jobbing. Achilles has a better time showing off what is meant by powerful. Gameplay is another issue as Herk is still amazing even today.
    As an Herc fan myself, I would like Heracles to win more and job less, that being said Herc is consistently presented as one of the biggest threats in all 3 works (FSN, FHA and Okeanos in which he appears, needing either the strongest nuke (or an equivalent in the case of Caliburn used by Artoria), the strongest Heroic Spirit or literal hacks to be defeated. Saying that he is not threatening or that they don't show off his power is not true imo.

  19. #379
    夜属 Nightkin Delastogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    164
    The real problem is that Nasu made him so strong he had to bent over backwards so he could be defeated and every other appearance has done this to an extent.
    Last edited by Delastogos; July 2nd, 2022 at 12:53 PM.

  20. #380
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,720
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    The real problem is that Nasu made him so strong he had to bent over backwards so he could defeated and every other appearance has done this to an extent.
    Herk is the go to guy when Nasu wants to show off how powerful the enemy is. Just make him job. Heck, God Hand actually makes Herk weaker as he gets killed just like any servant with 1 life. So he is 12 time more pathetic everytime he is defeated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •