Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: Summer 2022 Anime. It's Too Hot Outside, Stay In and Watch Cartoons.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's funny. Overlord detractors who call the series boring use the exact same reasoning that I find Journey to the West boring. Wukong is overpowered compared to most other demons, so the only real fight was at the beginning where he was fighting the gods. Afterwards, the story deliberately tells you that he has several layers of immortality that none of his demon opponents ever break.

Lycoris Recoil Episode 6-7:
    Spoiler:
    So the green-haired man is called Majima and he's had 4 Lycoris killed so far and DA throwing them out there isn't helping either. Now his sights are set on Chisato after the big confrontation they had because of Yoshimatsu and the hacker. Everyone found out about Kurumi being the one who hacked DA and they weren't very happy about that.

I can't believe he survived that explosion though, he should be freaking dead lol.
    Spoiler:

It's so funny how Chisato used her talent to be able tell what Takina was using in Rock Paper Scissors, of all the little things.

After Chisato glanced a Mika's cell phone, the girls came to the conclusion that the cafe is going to be shut down and followed him to a fancy restaurant where they found him meeting up with Yoshimatsu again. The conservation they started talking about Chisato again, and that's when she finally found out that Yoshimatsu was the person she was looking for. She thanked him for saving her, but he told her that he can't admit to doing so because of the rules of the Alan Institute, and that she, like all the Alan children, has a special purpose.

The conversation that Mika and Yoshimatsu had in that elevator, Mika pulling a gun on him, it all makes me wonder what the heck is going on.

In the middle of all this, Majima decides to go straight to a police station for information about the tower incident because it was said that someone like Chisato used non-lethal bullets there. He and his guys shoot up the place and inserted a flash drive in one of the computers.
    I could make a joke about how they would have probably been outgunned in other places if they tried that but...

And the episode ends with Majima holding one the Alan Institute pendants, there's no way that can be one them, right? He probably stole it or something.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Fuuto Tantei over. HOLY FUCK THIS WAS GREAT. Pretty fun Kamen Rider anime. Despite being a sequel, it's pretty newbie friendly so that's good. And instead of CG they went with 2D for the Rider fights and holy fuck it was great. Shows how much the staff love Rider. S2 FUCKING WHEN
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finished off Love Live and Couple of Cuckoos. It's odd how both the ones I left until last had such open endings. Love Live looking like its priming for another season with Margarete as the main character, and Cuckoo's not really having any big resolution aside from both sets of parents acknowledging arranged marriages would never really work they way they want.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Not so odd when LL SS has S3 announced basically from the moment S2 ended and Cuckoos is an adaptation of an ongoing manga
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I hadn't heard about the S3. Nice. I don't think a LL series has ever gotten past 2 seasons.

Cuckoo's though was strange. Sure it's ongoing, but most shows attempt to have some kind of resolution at the end of the season. Some step foreward that tells you that they haven't been spinning their wheels for the last few months. Something to say "this is the end of this part" and if it's ongoing, something to hint at what's to come.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Lycoris Recoil Episode 8-9:
    Spoiler:
    I was going to talk about the parfait that looks like crap that Takina made or the whole encounter with Majima,how Chisato was like a monster to him, or the details about how and why she has that artificial heart, but I just...

Episode 9....

Even if he did shoot him, without a replacement heart of some kind or something else, she's still...
    God...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I'm all caught up with the dubbed episodes so far, just a few more left.
    Last edited by Laserman; October 19th, 2022 at 01:37 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Lycoris Recoil Episode 10:
    Spoiler:
    Given what's happened, Chisato decided that the cafe should shut down the cafe and as a result, Kurumi and Mizuki left.
    All their regulars even came by to see what's going on too, which was funny and thoughtful of them.

After the end of the last episode, Majima has Yoshimatsu as his captive, even though it's because of him that Majima got the guns in the first place or has Robota for him. He's calling all the shots now, he's in charge.

All those guns he got weren't for some big battle, he planted them all around a prefecture so that random people would get them to create chaos so that the Lycoris would have no choice but to show themselves. He wants to show that the peace that Japan has had for so long is false, and how and who has been maintaining that peace.

Even though Chisato knows the truth about what Yoshimatsu wanted from her, she's still grateful to Mika and him. And now she's going to go rescue him and stop Majima who's also taken over the new tower.

The big confrontation is going to happen in the next episode, can't wait to see it.

I watched the last two episodes the day that I posted them by the way, as soon as I got done watching them. After seeing the ending of episode 8, I just to had watch 9, not expecting what happened...
    Last edited by Laserman; October 30th, 2022 at 11:25 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Lycoris Recoil Episode 11:
    Spoiler:
    Right as Kurumi was about to leave, she found out that the Alan Institute made a second heart of the same model that Chisato has, an improved version. So of course, she and Mizuki cancelled their flights and are going to get involved in what's happening. Meanwhile, Majima has pretty much succeeded in his plan. He lured out the Lycoris to the new tower and got footage of them fighting his guys, now the big secret is out. 

I liked. how Chisato just went up the tower from the outside, shooting down all of those people in her way.
It's also revealed that's Majima's special talent is super hearing. Even in the dark space of the top of the tower, he could tell where Chisato was while she couldn't see him at all.
But the best part was when Takina just busted through the metal curtain to help Chisato. Now the final battle between all of them is about to start, two more episodes left.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Lycoris Recoil Episode 12:
    Spoiler:
    I like how Chisato used Majima's super hearing to her advantage by shooting her gun right next to him. I wonder what someone scratching a chalkboard would do to him?

Yoshimatsu is a freaking monster.

I can't believe he actually put the replacement heart that Chisato needs inside himself so that she would kill him and fulfill her purpose. Even before that, he was like, "Did you kill Majima after what he did to me?", and was clearly disappointed when she said she didn't.

To do that, with what is probably her only hope, is the definition of depravity.

Of course she can't kill him, it would be wrong of her to take his life, just so that she could live, is what Chisato said. He basically gave her an impossible choice and completely ruined what she thought of him.

Takina, the whole time wanted to kill him, but Chisato stopped her, so he and his assistant get away. He did get shot thought, but it didn't kill him.

Kurumi finally managing to wrestle control away from Robota of the tower and fix the whole situation was cool too. I didn't expect the LilyBell to show up though, that was a little interesting.

Majima getting free at the end and separating Chisato from the other girls wasn't something I expected either.

So the next episode will the last one. I guess that this time it really will be the final showdown with Majima.

I just have to say, I don't want Chisato to die, I really don't.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I finished Lycoris Recoil.
    Spoiler:

I thought the airbag protected all the girls in the elevator, but Sakura got shot when Majima opened fire on them. What made things worse was the fact that the tower's power was shut down until the backup power came back on.
    Spoiler:

Majima just wanted one final showdown with Chisato no matter what, with a countdown until the tower exploded as a timer for them.
    To him, she is a worthy opponent, someone that's he's truly afraid of. But at the same time, someone he can have a conversation with. In the middle of their fight, Chisato starts to have trouble with her heart and the man actually stops the fight so she can take a break, it's crazy.

After their break, they picked up where they left off, but in the end, Majima, but not before he could shoot Chisato.

Takina came in saved her in the end, with those that used to catch bad guys, but Majima himself fell off the tower. And the big countdown until the tower exploded turned out to be fake. A bunch of fireworks just went off instead.

I was surprised when it turned out that Mika's leg fine the entire time, and that he just lied about the injury. The takedown of that assistant lady was so cool, I thought he'd beat her even with his leg hurt, but that works too.

I just knew that Mika would end up killing Yoshimatsu at the end though, because Chisato couldn't, it was the only way to save her life on top of him, getting ready to fight before. He did what he did to do for her sake, even if it meant killing someone he still had feelings for.

I do like how he kept the note that Yoshimatsu had though, but gave her the card without it, which was definitely for the best considering how messed up the message was.

The whole entire tower thing was covered up of course in the aftermath of it all.

There are still a large number of guns in Japan that are unaccounted and Majima is still on the loose. I liked the scene with the nervous guy and how he picked up the gun for him all bandaged up. I even expected him to show him to shoot and even thing.

But I am very happy that Chisato is alive though. And that she and the rest of Lyco Rico got a well-earned vacation in Hawaii at the end, the first time she and I suppose Takina's first time out of the country.

The early trailers for the show did a nice job with keeping what it was really about a secret until it aired, and I like that they did that.

I just loved the anime itself. The carefree veteran Chisato, and the no-nonsense Takina together were so much to watch along with the other characters.

I really wish this anime was longer, it definitely could have been, and I hope for a second season eventually too.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs