Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 Anime. It's Too Hot Outside, Stay In and Watch Cartoons.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately started Samidare today and yeah, this was really made to be watch on a CRT and no other device.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
    Samidare anime is terrible. QUALITY animation, absurdly bad sound direction, weird pacing choices, it's all bad.
    Still better QUALITY than this season's Slime Isekai, though.
    Both Isekai Life and Black Summoner have better quality than Samidare. Not a high bar to clear, but they do clear it. Specially Isekai Life which even has some brief moments of sakuga. Again, not trying to claim any of both shows are masterpieces of animation, but saying they're below Samidare is a lie (unless I got the wrong impression of that show (not really watching it. I prefer the manga to be my first exposure to the story) and it actually has decent animation with some brief moments of great animation). To put into numbers
    Black Summoner: 6/10
    Isekai Life:7/10 with some brief 8/10 moments
    Samidare: 4/10 and I'm feeling it's generous
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Vermeil: Lilia down horrendous, bless her thirsty little heart. Obsidian revealed evil, surprising a grand total of no one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Samidare anime is terrible. QUALITY animation, absurdly bad sound direction, weird pacing choices, it's all bad.
    Still better QUALITY than this season's Slime Isekai, though.
    Is that the one where the Mc pulls out all the gamer screens? That one was horrible. Couldn't even get past the opening 'action' setpiece. With multiple static shots and battle SFX over top. Felt like I was watching a powerpoint.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Is that the one where the Mc pulls out all the gamer screens? That one was horrible. Couldn't even get past the opening 'action' setpiece. With multiple static shots and battle SFX over top. Felt like I was watching a powerpoint.
    Yeah, that one.
    This latest episode truly excels in QUALITY animation - a 10 second stretch of slimes 'talking' that might have had 10 different frames, a 45 second stretch of single-shot pans and a short repeating sequence of things falling that repeated the same few shots over and over. Literally - I went through that sequence frame by frame, and it repeated each shot for 3-5 frames, and then repeated after 4 different shots, then a pan across a still image, then back to the repeated sequence.

Which is a little sad. The web novel was hardly the best, but it deserves better than this.

Still better than Samidare. Feels like you’re nitpicking, or a case of “it’s not perfect? Then it’s shit” extremist thinking
    Isekai Life has some clips in Sakugabooru. Samidare has none. Thus Isekai life has better animation than Samidare
    Last edited by bassgs435; July 27th, 2022 at 03:00 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Still better than Samidare. Feels like you’re nitpicking, or a case of “it’s not perfect? Then it’s shit” extremist thinking
    or maybe he just doesn't like it idk. we all have our opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    or maybe he just doesn't like it idk. we all have our opinions!
    I mean, sure. But we're talking animation quality, which is one of the few things that can be somewhat objective. No one's gonna say Overlord has better animation than One Punch Man S1 or RedLine
    No one's gonna say, Mob Psycho has worse animation than Ex-Arm. Similarly here. And the people who decide what belongs and what doesn't in sakugagbooru (which is a site dedicated to archiving clips of good non-CGI animation) agree Isekai Life has at least SOME scenes that belong in there and Samidare has absolute 0. Not even the OP
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

HOLY FUCK THAT 4TH EPISODE OF ISEKAI MEIKYUU HAREM. THANK YOU PASSIONE 10/10 EPISODE. AOTS. The only thing that may surpass it now is Fuuto Tantei whenever I get to hear that familiar CYCLONE JOKER sound again. I'm so glad to be an anime fan. Anime is glorious
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Isekai Life has some clips in Sakugabooru. Samidare has none. Thus Isekai life has better animation than Samidare
    Wait, your "objective standard" for good animation is that someone posted a clip to Saukugabooru?! That makes it a 6/10, above quality animation?
    Not that it has good art, or smooth motion, detailed backgrounds or impressive coloring, but that there are a dozen clips (half from the opening or making of special) on a website?

Isekai Kenja has bad animation. If you think Samidare is worse, well, that's a matter to discuss. If you think IK has better than average animation (6/10!), you're just flat wrong.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not even saying Samidere has better animation, it's more that Samidere had shitty animation in an episode that was basically talking heads, while Sage Man had bad animation in a fifteen minute action set piece. The bigger the goal, the more disappointing the failure.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In other news, Made in Abyss season 2's new episode furthers my impression that one of the biggest strengths of this show was the exploration of the Abyss, and therefore being confined into a single setting for so many episodes ain't doing it any favors. But it's as horrifying as ever, at least.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Isekai Ojisan: Why are cute girls born? Just to suffer?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wait, your "objective standard" for good animation is that someone posted a clip to Saukugabooru?! That makes it a 6/10, above quality animation?
    Not that it has good art, or smooth motion, detailed backgrounds or impressive coloring, but that there are a dozen clips (half from the opening or making of special) on a website?

Isekai Kenja has bad animation. If you think Samidare is worse, well, that's a matter to discuss. If you think IK has better than average animation (6/10!), you're just flat wrong.
    To be fair, I wasn’t trying to be super accurate with the numbers, or praise Isekai Life and I’ll accept being wrong .I was just assigning somewhat arbitrary numbers for the sake of comparison. My only point here is that it’s better than Samidare (which can’t flex even in it’s OP). And I mentioned Sakugabooru because I figure if I can’t be trusted, then at least the dedicated animation fans who are mods and admins there deciding what stays and goes are more trustworthy to show that Isekai Life beats Samidare

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I'm not even saying Samidere has better animation, it's more that Samidere had shitty animation in an episode that was basically talking heads, while Sage Man had bad animation in a fifteen minute action set piece. The bigger the goal, the more disappointing the failure.
    I don’t know the source, but if it has major action scenes like that, can you say it will be any decent when the time comes?
    Sounds to me Samidare is just lucky it doesn’t have big fights like that early in the source, so it’s less a true victory and more luck that it doesn’t have to try big action scenes like that yet
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Stepsister: Lol at thirsty Yume. Can't say I'm sold on the series overall, but it's an inoffensive watch.
    Danmachi: My god, actual animation quality. J.C. Staff, please keep this up. Bell and Moss Man deserve it.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How I felt about the Shide "reveal" in Summertime Render:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don’t know the source, but if it has major action scenes like that, can you say it will be any decent when the time comes?
    Sounds to me Samidare is just lucky it doesn’t have big fights like that early in the source, so it’s less a true victory and more luck that it doesn’t have to try big action scenes like that yet
    Eh, it's 50/50. There are action scenes in it, especially in the tail end when things start to ramp up, but the focus is more on the character interactions than whatever they're fighting. The show is basically a normal Shonen pastiche only from the PoV of the traitor party member, so while the action stuff is there, it's more of a backseat to the characters conflict of knowing he'll betray these people as he grows to like them more and more.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Isekai Ojisan: Why are cute girls born? Just to suffer?
    D-Did...

...Did stalker Elf-chan stole Ojisan's precious thing?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    No, she just went solo for a while.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Engage Kiss: tfw you risk your life protecting your crush's ex while she fucks him
    canon finish apo vol 3