Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 Anime. It's Too Hot Outside, Stay In and Watch Cartoons.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vermeil: Someone on this production team really loved Utena (understandably). Not only did they have the duel tower last episode (and the start of this one) but the next scene is straight up the shadow chorus. You'd think Stalker-chan would have learned about messing with Invisibility after episode 2, but nope!

Witch From Mercury Prologue: Holy Shit, this show is either going to be amazing, or it's going to Franxx all over the place. I just wish the versio I saw was better quality. The source said 1080, but it felt like 480.

Isekai Oji-san: 5%? Seriously? That's like a sip of beer. I'm in a bottle of 35% right now.

Call of the Night: A vampire spending time to get really good at Alpha 3, makes me wonder what game I'd perfect if I became immortal. Maybe I'd go MvC but only low tier characters (Turns out Hsein-Ko is absolute bottom, so I'm already halfway there). Or finally learn how to use Ibuki in 3rd strike?

Looks like I'm going to keep watching Shinepost. I guess I'm a bit of a sucker for failing Idols. Though I doubt anything will ever top Boducan.

As an aside, Fcuk this new Crunchyroll layout. I don't mind the black or the netflix imitation, but not telling you what shows you've already watched? Go right to hell.

Engage Kiss: Oh this guy is giving me huge "actually the villain" vibes. Real "Bitches and Whores" energy.

Aoashi: "Are you okay playing with someone like that?" Dude, have you met your senpai? Baldy tried to break Aoi's ribs because he looked at him wrong. I'm getting real Jojo vibes from this episode, with how the characters keep saying Side-Back in English, but the subs say Full Back. Real Crazy Diamond/Shining Diamond vibe.

Love Live: I still can't believe how much I'm behind this cast. prime 1st year is a bit weak, but the oni pair are amazing, and Influencer is occasionally fun. Just where's my tired Kanon? When I was at a convetion a few weeks back all the Love Live figures were swimsuits, ballgowns or marching band uniforms, but where's my meganekko in a hoddie tuning her guitar?

Ex-Stepsister: This show is such trash. I fucking love it. "I have to seduce my stepsister so my lesbian classmate dosn't molest me" is the peak hentai.

Lycoris: If the finale of this show isn't either Yukina going non-lethal through a flood of goons, or Chisato going lethal through the same, I'll be sorely dissapointed. Which way it goes depends on if they're trying for a S2. If it's one and done, Yukina will learn how precious life is. If it's aiming for more, Chisato will show how destructive she can be if she abdanons all morals. If niether happens, I'll be pleasntly surpised, but also dissapointed we don't see someone pull an anime John Wick.

Cuckoos: Isn't the whole "we have to seperate if you don't do weel on your tests" trope a bit hollow when the only reason they're living together is that you want them to get closer and unite the families? Seems counterproductive to your stated goals.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 36: That was certainly an episode. Nothing offensive but nothing to really grip me since once again its just trouble caused as a result of a Digimon misunderstanding something about the human world. It was nice to see Gigasmon again, even if I greatly prefer his Human counterpart Grottemon instead. The fact that the Time Limit is for Canoweissmon only definitely seems like its got something to do with the Gulus plot-line still being unresolved - which speaking of, the fact that Gulus is now unshadowed in the OP makes me hope that they're going to address him sooner rather than later.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Another banger of an episode with Moss Man being a terrifying opponent and Bell's life-and-death showdown with the suicide birds. I love seeing the little touches from the LN that show Bell's growth and foreshadow Volume 12's climax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kakegurui is great as expected with more amoral genius gambling.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, is it out? Does it lose anything with Yumeko being 1000% crazy all over the place?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The series focuses on Mary, so I don't think Yumeko is in the school yet.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know, but most of the fun of Kageguri was how crazy Yumeko was, going all in just to get off on the danger and all. Mary's more of a "I just really want to ruin this person" kind of character, so it sounded like the series would have a vastly different tone.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, academic political scheming, in general. Not just ruining any particular person. She's not experienced enough to have any particular enemies yet. That being said, one of the associates of one of the Student Council leaders wants to ruin her.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Vermeil: ...she's still hot.
    Stepsister: Hilarious episode with the repetition.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So apparently Isekai Ojisan is on a three week break because of Covid delays. Next episode expected on the 17th.

I've got to say I wasn't expecting a Covid delay to hit us this late in the pandemic.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Covid also hit many VA recently.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh? I hadn't heard that. Makes sense, since they're often the most public facing part and they cross over onto multiple projects at a time.

I also got around to putting my impressions of the Biscuit Hammer anime into a concise 1000 words:
    Toll Free

Last edited by Mattias; August 6th, 2022 at 01:14 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Engage Kiss: Now I'm really curious how Shu ended up with Kisara.

SHU YOU LUCKY BASTARD
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Started and got caught up to Yofukashi no Uta. Really like the colors on this one. The main duo aren't really interesting on their own and have negative chemistry (which makes perfect sense as the intent is for their dynamic to progress from a transaction to a relationship), but I really like what Akira adds to the mix. She does a fantastic job at being everything that Nazuna isn't. Anyways, this is the point where you manga readers tell me if I'm supposed to look forward to how this evolves or if was supposed to like Kou and Nazuna already and am better off dropping the series if I still don't.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 37: Hmm...this was an episode that sounded good on paper, but was lacking in execution. The zombies didn't feel particularly threatening and trying to make me feel bad for RareRaremon fell flat because we never saw him not being mindless and trying to eat people. I guess Lamortmon won't have a running plot of being in danger of losing control like I had hoped sadly. Also I suppose those two dumpster dudes are just dead then? Kinda jarring when people normally miraculously survive Digimon attacks and this time nobody even noticed them gone so what was the point in killing them?

Hopefully next episode will be better given who turns up in it...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    FUUTO TANTEI IS JUST WHAT I WANTED. KR W ANIME IS GREAT. THAT HENSHING IS GLORIOUS. 10/10 AOTY
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Started and got caught up to Yofukashi no Uta. Really like the colors on this one. The main duo aren't really interesting on their own and have negative chemistry (which makes perfect sense as the intent is for their dynamic to progress from a transaction to a relationship), but I really like what Akira adds to the mix. She does a fantastic job at being everything that Nazuna isn't. Anyways, this is the point where you manga readers tell me if I'm supposed to look forward to how this evolves or if was supposed to like Kou and Nazuna already and am better off dropping the series if I still don't.
    i mean
    it doesn't change drastically but it does improve
    still, it depends on how much you (dis)liked it I think
    a bunch of other characters still join in so there's plenty of character dynamics to go
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: In which Bell picks up a girl in the Dungeon, Love Matsuoka fighting noises too. Next episode's gonna pop off and I'm here for it.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Stepsister: Ah yes, putting on a Konosuba fan's socks, like all good friends do. It's funny seeing all of the different LNs being read.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vermeil: Never go full Birkin. It never works.

Superstar: Another solid set of new characters for the best LL series yet.