Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 Anime. It's Too Hot Outside, Stay In and Watch Cartoons.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Engage Kiss: LMAO Shu actually poisoned a nun with his dick, what a king. Feels bad for Kisara though, the best she'll ever get is Shu caring enough to keep her around and alive. So she'll indulge herself in him until he has nothing left. How wonderfully demonic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just realized that one of the new Made in Abyss characters has a name that can be interpreted as Masturbation Song.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This might just be the booze talking, but I lost it when Cuckoos was in the middle of the big anime style argument, only to pull back and both characters are duel wielding chairs out of nowhere. No one comments on it or does anything with them, just two women holding chairs by the legs calling each other idiot.

Every time I see the tanukis in Stepsister Ex, I think back to that gag in Monthly Girls Nozaki. Which is kind of sad, because that memory makes me laugh harder than anything the actual show is doing.
    Last edited by Mattias; August 14th, 2022 at 12:44 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 38: I know I say this *a lot* but I never mean it more than now - this really deserved to be a two-parter. While the final result was a decent episode, the material was there to make one of GG's finest yet the need for standalone episodes prevented it from reaching its potential. The idea of vengeful spirits of the dead possessing a Digimon (the show is called "Ghost Game" after all) is a refreshing twist as well as could have been interesting to explore much deeper. Espimon's debut was certainly not what I was expecting, based on his concept art I was assuming he'd be a much wackier character so I was caught off-guard by the more stoic approach, although given his antiquated language and constant reference to being a wanderer, I guess it might be a chuuni front or something. Ruli and company were so wasted in this episode they might as well have not been in it - going back to my earlier point, it would have been cool if at the climax of the episode, Gammamon and Espimon are cornered only for Ruli and gang to show up and save them, causing Doumon and Hiro to retreat then it carries into the next episode.

I don't want to be too negative since like I said, it was a decent episode but man, this show sometimes really giveth and then taketh away when it comes to good ideas.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Elitist Classroom: Suddenly it's a harem romcom. RIP Airi missing out on Ayanokoji by luck. LMAO at poor Sato, Ayanokoji's gonna obliterate her. Wild how Kei's angling for him after the shit he pulled. Meanwhile I dunno who's more obvious of a snake: Kushida being on frame the moment the possibility of giving questions to class C is raised, or the Soma Saito-voiced blonde who oozes villainy from before he even speaks.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I binged Kakegurai Twin tonight, and it feels weird. On one hand, Saotome trying to cheat her ass off in every game is fun to see. She has to figure out who's cheating and how, and then turn it to her advantage and that's satisfying to see. On the other hand, she's not nearly as All-In as Yumeko was in every situation. Part of the fun of watching Yumeko was her finding out the cheat, calling it out, and then letting the final round be full chance, because that's what got her off. It made it feel like there was way more tension in the climax, because you know all facades have been stripped away.

In the end: way more mindgames, but less hype in the climaxes.

It's also way less horny.

(Also according to the OP, the manga is published by Square-Enix. I wonder if it's on their terrible app? If FMA had that happen to it, I wonder what the OG Kakegurai looks like there? I bet it's fucking hilarious. Just nothing but full page Black Bars for like five pages in a row.)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    ARGO MOTHERFUCKING VESTA LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- - - Updated - - -

Bless Danmachi.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, the Call of the Night version of the Camarilla finally showed up.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Engage Kiss: Welp, there goes Mikami. Sorry for doubting you bro, you were a real one after all. Great faces as usual and Kisara's yandere antics are back in full swing; lmao at her accusing Ayano with a knife and being one step from murder when Shu meets Sharon. I predicted it was Miles when Sharon talked about someone who'd been at every scene of the crime, so it's cool to see that I was right. Wild how Shu got into the car with him though; is Kisara chasing them out of sight? And then there's whoever's about to be unsealed from that spear. Is that Kanna, or someone else?
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I finally looked up the band who does the Vermiel ED to figure out why it sounds so familiar. Their other anime works were Goblin Slayer's Op and GitS 2045's ED. My mind immediatly thinks that GitS makes sense with how much choral chanting is in there, but Demon Slayer feels off. So I go and give each a listen to refresh and it's the other way around. Goblin Slayer has a moody orchestral piece rather than the metal I seem to remember (Am I confusing it with Overlord?), and GitS has a faster more techno theme (which I never really associate with the series which has always been a tonal thinkpiece).

TL;DR Vermiel has one of my favourite ED's of the season.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Ah, SamiDare. Every episode brings a tear to the eye.
    What? "Because it is so emotional?" No, because this adaption is so bad. It's worse than Tsukihime - if Tsukihime had an anime adaption, of course.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 39: A decent episode, the best part was the continuity of characters from the returning humans like Nijima to Airdramon and Bakumon being relevant. Weakest part was definitely introducing Ryudamon - apparently he was thinking about Gyukimon and then suddenly transforms into him? Definitely felt like a scene was cut there or otherwise was confusingly conveyed. That said, the episode did a far better job of making me sympathise with Ryudamon's plight then either Digitamamon or Raremon did. Interesting that Hiro's hero complex finally was called out for being problematic. Do I dare dream that Devolving another Digimon via the Digivice is actually set-up for a plot point going forward and wasn't just a one-off DEX?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    apparently it was not just a rumor

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yowai 5000-nen no Soushoku Dragon, Iwarenaki Jaryuu Nintei isn't that bad. The problem is the subs using hanzi, instead of romaji/katakana, so we get stuff, like Lingzi, Ai Li'anti, and Lai Aode, instead of Reiko, Aliante, and Ryatt. Oddly, Ravendia is always consistent. Barefoot murder-loli. Based on that factor alone, I am compelled to watch.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Vermeil: Extra-horny this week I see.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I'm watching Biscuit Hammer, because I'm a masochist apparently, and in the fight between Crow and Horse there's a bit where Crow is doing what's basically a Rider Kick. Horse counters with a kick of his own but it looks like his leg is not only twice as long as it should be, but he's kicking from a position where he's aleady on the ground, yet they're at a 45 degree angle. Or maybe he's doing one of Juri's Windmill Kicks but in reverse? It's such a bad fight scene, which is really par for the course on this show.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Stepsister: Poor Isana getting corrupted by extroverts.

Thirty-somethings crumbling to dust rn
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hah, I was already dust when I found out my new coworker was born post 9-11.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: Lili is very cute. LMAO at All Okay.
    canon finish apo vol 3