Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 Anime. It's Too Hot Outside, Stay In and Watch Cartoons.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Stepsister: Why must Mizuto be hung up on his ex when Isana is right there?
    Danmachi: Hayamin killing it RN. Great to see a bit of the Goliath Scarf in action too.
    Classroom: Huh, so the white-haired dude wasn't Ayanokoji's dad. RIP Class D now that he's letting go of the reins.
    Engage Kiss: STAY SAFE KISARA DON'T LOSE TO THE LITTLE SISTER
    Vermeil: Okay, sure, MC goes Super Saiyan out of nowhere. That's a thing he can do. Nice to hear Accelerator's laugh again, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

>tfw no kiss-hungry yandere demon gf who wipes her own mind to fix yours
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I didn't know Isekai Ojisan was on indefinite hiatus. At least it's a comedy show, if it was a narrative this could kill any momentum it had, like Madoka, Kekkai Sensen and Wonder Egg had. On the other hand though, it means there's less of a feeling of urgency in seeing the next episode too, so interest may dry up entirely.

Ao Ashi: This pacing is really great. Start the show with a hype recovery, then have the team fall apart in the back half to give an urgency to the next episode. I really hope this gets another season.

Step-Sister is my Ex: Is "Taking Shelter with the Girl on Guard Duty" an actual LN? Everything else in this show has been, yet I can't find a reference to this one. Why do you guys need disguises? You've acknowledged your related already. The only reason people would assume it's a date is if you tried to hide your identities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Stepsister: Why must Mizuto be hung up on his ex when Isana is right there?
    I know, Right!?

LycoReco: All these unnamed characters attacking the same spot. They're all gonna die. Seriously, if I was this guy, I'd have explosives all over Tower 2, My minions getting ready to attack the DA headquarters and cut off their entire support structure, and be sitting waiting for the actual good fight in Tower 1.

Oh hey, 2/3 isn't bad. As is I'm betting she has a heart attack in the middle of the fight with Majima next episode, and he lets her go to get a new heart so he can 1v1 her later without getting cockblocked.

Vermeil: We're at the part where the MC powers through the Big Villain's (who's actually the weakest of the true villains henchmen) weak attack, and causes him to froth at the mouth and swear revenge, aren't we? And despite it being more predictable, worse animated and more fanservice-y than Engage Kiss, I still enjoy it more for it's general joie de vive.

Bakamastu: I've got to give it to Geno, the filter they've got over this is enough to make things feel weathered, but not distracting enough that it's noticeable all the time like Anglemois was. The fact that one shot had people getting kunai in the throat, and the next was "I've adjusted these black powder bombs to be non-lethal" is really funny. Also, dying because of a bucket is pretty weak.

Is there any anime where America conquers Japan during the Bakamatsu period? Or earlier? Every instance I can think of is a recent conquest that lets the hot blooded Japanese youth throw off the chains of oppression, but never an entrenched system.

Call of the Night: Apparently I've got two on deck, so 9: Wow, they went full Jojo for the karaoke didn't they? Hey, it's the first male vampire we've seen in this show! As an aside, we're on episode 9, an we've yet to meet Blonde Guy from the OP yet. I was not expecting the maid cafe resolution. I was sure it was going to be "we're on a downturn and we need more buisness".
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 42: Hmm...the episode starts out normal enough (if a little formulaic) with the interesting addition of newcomer Oboromon. Unfortunately it starts to go a bit downhill with the kids getting a case of situational stupidity as not only do they pointlessly split up, but it takes Higacchi going Limit Break for them to figure out Oboromon's obession with colours...means just that, colours. Similarly, they don't exactly try hard to fight back as Angoramon's the only one who Digivolves initially and none of them even try to go to the Perfect stage. Things do pick up when Gulus makes his unexpected return and his power his so great it causes the animation budget to skyrocket. Sadly the "fight" was over as quickly as it started as Gulus slaughters the Oboromon without effort and says something cryptic once again before leaving...with yet another Black Digimon conveniently watching from the shadows.

Given the conspicuous lack of Partners going Perfect against an enemy of the same level and the long overdue reappearance of Gulus in over 20 episodes, I can't help but wonder if this episode was meant to air earlier but got switched around for some reason.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Classroom: Wow I love watching anime, especially high school romcoms. They have all sorts of fun events, like torture and waterboarding!
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    like torture and waterboarding!
    Yeah but violent tsunderes and panty shots are in their DNA now, nothing we can do.

Oh, you meant literal torture...

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It sure was an episode alright.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Vermeil: Wow I love watching anime, especially ecchi romcoms in magic high school. They have all sorts of fun events, like lynching and mass murder!
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Am I just getting used to the Samidare anime or was the Akitani episode actually good?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Better than the average so far. Maybe because it had minimal action? It was like 75% people sitting down and eating.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Danmachi: JUGGERNAUT LET'S GO

Even Lyu is well and truly terrified.
    canon finish apo vol 3

I watched the first two episodes of Lycoris Recoil. Man, it really didn't advertise itself as being this kind of anime, but I like it so far.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    For both Lycoris Recoil and Engage Kiss, neither summary really attempted to capture the anime itself oddly.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    The same happened with Zombieland Saga, Madoka (they even tried to hide Urobuchi's involvement) and the upcoming Akiba Maid War (and probably Renai Flops). It seems that marketing for original anime loves to play a bit of deception or hide a twist so the anime itself surprises the audience from episode 1. In terms of non-original anime, the marketing for Talentless Nana also tried to sell the show as a normal story of superpowered teens and tried to hide the whole "Nana's an assassin without powers sent to kill the superpowered teens who are seen as dangerous by the various world governments" angle
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd say the difference between most of your examples and the two new shows is the fact they're built on the twist. Even if Zombieland's is in the first minute, it tries to set itself up as an idol show then the joke hits (literally). Which is what I expect from Maid Sensou next season, ten minutes of maid cafe cuteness followed by the last customer leaving and break outs of "That motherfucking asshole...". Lycoris and Engage are straightforward with their premise from the opening narration, and both the summaries I read painted a pretty accurate picture. School Girl Assassins and Demon Asterisk War.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Engage Kiss: BROCON IMOUTO LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shu you fucker lmao, that's the first anecdote you recall? Slick action on the hoverboard though. Looks like everyone will team up for the grand finale; amazing twist with Kisara pulling the hand trick like Shu did all of those times.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is Edgerunners summer or fall?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Summer technically? It dropped four days ago and we're not in Fall yet.

Holy Fuck Raff, I wasn't expecting Vermeil to go THAT hard, even after what you said. Like maybe a burned down church or some bruised bodies. Not Jojo Rabbit x4.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I expected arson at most.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Poor Maroro, just trying to avenge his bro, by accidently killing him. I love this kind of irony, especially when its a result of a hero telling all his friends he's dead. I don't like the fact they had to mind fuck him to get to that point though. I guess they have to build in a justification to excuse his actions later, but come on, just have him be grieving his friend in a terribly destructive way. Even Haku can get in on the guilt then.

Edit: Halfway through Cyberpunk. Holy Shit is this good. Probably the best looking show Trigger has ever put out. But I guess thats what happens when you get to make a miniseries based of a thing that's made of hype for years.
    Last edited by Mattias; September 18th, 2022 at 02:51 AM.