Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 Anime. It's Too Hot Outside, Stay In and Watch Cartoons.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 43: An interesting episode. I was curious if Emma's past with Kiyoshiro would explain his whole "limit break" schtick but that was probably me being influenced by Yugioh Sevens with Taiga publishing Luke's embarrassing self-insert OC manga to the world creating "The Lukeman" persona. That said, I was surprised it didn't make an appearance at all during the climax since this seemed at first to be an episode focusing on their relationship. As with Adventure:, I was initially confused if this was meant to be Shademon or Eyesmon at first. Personally, I would have cut back on the constant flashes to Eyesmon's other victims as it wasn't strictly necessary since it didn't feature in the climax and it took away potential screentime from Emma. Speaking of, she was an entertaining enough COTD who I wouldn't mind coming back, and given Espimon's lack of Partner that certainly could be one way to do it since she's aware of Digimon now. Although maybe just cut down on the love triangle between Kiyo/Jellymon since its one thing to call him "darling" affectionately but Jellymon's possessiveness and Emma thinking she might have been Kiyo's girlfriend was a little bit much for me.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lycoris Recoil 12: Everything about this seemed to be building up to be the finale so I was legitimately shocked when Majima showed up at the end to corner Chisato. Thankfully it seems there'll be one more ep as that would be an absolutely insane cliffhanger for the season. There's still a little more to wrap things up but I'm not a fan of how covering up the Lycoris' existence appears to be presented as a happy resolution. In general the show seems to have bungled its themes of what government-sponsored child assassins would actually entail, while conversely the character-work has been very solid. I like that they didn't take the easy way out of having Takina kill Shinji for Chisato (though Takina being tired of complicated moral dilemmas and just wanting to straight-up ice someone for her girlfriend is definitely in-character) since the whole point was that she didn't want to live by taking other's "time".

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Classmate: Ayanokoji is a cold-blooded snake. Even his comforting at the end was just to further his own ends. Cool to see Ryuen learn to fear, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Kinsou no Vermeil done
    Pretty good oneeshota battle academy show. The central AltoxVermeil romance has solid progress across the season and the plot's fun too. Other characters were also fine (a gold medal to the author for the idea of "Tanya, but a bit taller and with big boobs. A+ character design there.). Loved it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nostalgia hit me like an isekai truck during Tokyo Mew Mew New's ending theme.

Jashin-chan S3 done. Yet another hilarious season. Good show. Hoping the power of crowdfunding and toursim marketing can make S4 a reality
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Waru Arsnotoria done
    Cute and decent CGDCT SoL. Perfect relaxing watch. The edgy knights are pretty irrelevant to the anime and feel like they're only there as an ad for the game's conflict (they and the bugs (which the anime didn't show) are the enemies in the game), but luckily the anime staff know what they wanted to do and gave them minimal screentime (they're not there at all in some episodes, even), so there's nothing much interrupting the comfy CGDCT stuff. Pretty nice

Isekai Meikyuu Harem done
    Honestly, I had lots of fun with this show. Pretty good and the lewd parts were great (God bless Passione and AT-X). Hopefully it gets S2
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 21st, 2022 at 01:59 PM. Reason: P
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Cyberpunk done. Great show. Enjoyable from beginning to end. Trigger doing what Trigger do best, while also having a surprising amount of psychological elements, as well. The direction in some scenes was pretty damn interesting.

If someone had told me that the best Trigger anime in years would be the adaptation of a shitty video game I'd have called you a lunatic, but goddamn it took a buncha those to make this show.

Hope Trigger can make shows of this caliber in the future.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also, Rebecca is the gift that keeps on giving. In all respects.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Stepsister: Wow, I didn't expect the kiss at all. How spicy.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Is It Wrong To Get Dismembered In A Dungeon?

Based Juggernaut-kun even cut off Bell's theme song. RIP to my boy.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Summertime Render 24: So Shide's plan was basically to pull a "no items, Final Destination" on Shinpei by sealing his foresight and looping in Tokoyo. Guy truly does think like a videogame final boss. To think he's such an egotist he was literally willing to erase all reality just because he couldn't stand the idea of anyone living beyond him (after already living for 100s of years mind you) though. The final battle was so intense full of both despairing and fistpumping moments. I literally started vibrating with excitement when the OP started playing while Shinpei finally managed to grab the rifle to finish him off. We even got a chibi Ushio out of the deal when she started to regress to her child form after reforming her data.

I don't quite get what happened at the ending though. If they erased Haine/Hiruko in the past, shouldn't that mean Ushio never died and neither Shinpei nor Hizuru would have a reason to come back to the island at all? Yet he still faceplanted awake in her bosom on the ferry like in the original timeline. I'm guessing there's some timey-wimey shenanigans in place that'll be explained by the last ep but I was basically confused for the whole final few minutes.

Soredemo Ayumu done
    Quite a fun and entertaining show. I like Ayumu and Urushi. Takeru and Sakurako are great, too. Nothing speciial. But a decent watch nonetheless
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Summertime Render 24: So Shide's plan was basically to pull a "no items, Final Destination" on Shinpei by sealing his foresight and looping in Tokoyo. Guy truly does think like a videogame final boss. To think he's such an egotist he was literally willing to erase all reality just because he couldn't stand the idea of anyone living beyond him (after already living for 100s of years mind you) though. The final battle was so intense full of both despairing and fistpumping moments. I literally started vibrating with excitement when the OP started playing while Shinpei finally managed to grab the rifle to finish him off. We even got a chibi Ushio out of the deal when she started to regress to her child form after reforming her data.

I don't quite get what happened at the ending though. If they erased Haine/Hiruko in the past, shouldn't that mean Ushio never died and neither Shinpei nor Hizuru would have a reason to come back to the island at all? Yet he still faceplanted awake in her bosom on the ferry like in the original timeline. I'm guessing there's some timey-wimey shenanigans in place that'll be explained by the last ep but I was basically confused for the whole final few minutes.
    Also, didn't the Shadows save the island from a famine or something? So instead of alien infiltration, we might just have good old-fashioned, regular Earthling-on-Earthling cannibalism, as Alaya intended.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Also, didn't the Shadows save the island from a famine or something? So instead of alien infiltration, we might just have good old-fashioned, regular Earthling-on-Earthling cannibalism, as Alaya intended.
    I thought of that after sending the post. Guess everyone on the island's dead now (and our main characters never born) since Haine never saved them from the famine. Yeah at this point the ending will have to do a lot of work to explain how this big timey-wimey ball works.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Isn't Shide admitting that he's the final boss already sealed his fate? Better that he should play Endless Space 2, rather than FFVII. Though, apparently, he failed his Horatio campaign and is aiming for Cravers, but what's a man to do when his loli waifu gets menopause?

Prima Doll done
    Pretty good show. Cast was great, and drama was good. Bittersweet ending, as expected from Key.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cyberpunk Edgerunners

I'm surprised so many people are liking Edgerunners as much as they are, I just finished it and I'll probably forget about it by next week.

Lucy was hot and Becca was cool but I can say little else about it. The aesthetic is fine, the Trigger style is there, but everything that should matter goes by too fast to care.
    I'm also surprised they tried to go for a bittersweet ending after spending literally zero time building up or deveoping David and Lucy's relationship and also unceremoniously murdering any character we might have cared about.

It was fine. Fun sometimes. I'm stuck between wishing it had more episodes to actually endear us to the cast or being glad it was just 10 so it didn't overstay its welcome.

Shadows House S2 done
    Pretty good. Some good reveals. A well done mistery and conflict, and good progress for our main girls. Hope this gets S3

Bucchigire done
    Pretty cool hidden gem. The ensemble cast are all cool. And it has some pretty good fights. Ichibanboshi's drama with his brother can be annoying, but the rest of the cast make up for it
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 23rd, 2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: B
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Would Hiruko have gotten menopause, if Haine didn't lose an eye?