Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Quest] Kachou Fuugetsu: A Brand New World

Blog Entries

[Quest] Kachou Fuugetsu: A Brand New World

The year is 3020 A.D. Humanity has evolved.

Having escaped from the dying clutches of the Earth, mankind has found a new home in the land of Seraph. These new humans have not only transcended their home planet but also their own bodies. Even in the cold vacuum of space, the Human Order continued to persevere.

Over the course of its millennia of human history, Seraph has developed into a bastion of civilization, nearly returning mankind to its former glory. Seven major nations now stand atop the ever-expanding land and rule over the ever-growing population.

Nestled in the border between the three largest countries is the neutral state of Tsukumihara. In it is the Tsukumihara Wizard Academy where students from each of the seven nations can attend and learn to become Wizards.

Unbeknownst to the seven nations, however, a dark shadow has begun to loom over Tsukumihara, signaling the start of humanity’s newest trial. Will the darkness prevail, or will mankind overcome?

That is a question that can only be answered by the humanity’s newest heroes.

This is the story of those brave Heroic Spirits.

This is the story of A Brand New World.

Welcome to Kachou Fuugetsu.

This is a new Fate-based Quest with an original setting that has some very familiar elements. In it, one will be thrust into the world of Seraph in the 3000’s where humanity has escaped the Earth and found a new home among the stars. Shamelessly taking obvious inspiration from certain titles, the Quest will involve navigating through this new world and interacting with the people who make up the new humanity. The decisions and choice you make will impact not only yourself but the very fate of Seraph.

The core setting of Kachou Fuugetsu will be Tsukumihara and its Wizard Academy. Before we can begin, it’s up to you to choose your place in this futuristic world.

The Wizard Academy is divided between three houses, each with their own cast of students and unique personality. Before we start, you will have to choose which of the three houses you would like to be a part of.

Furthermore, you must decide whether you wish to be in the Academy as a student or a professor.

Now, make your choice and decide your Fate!

Three Houses Info
    The Crimson Roses

The Crimson Rose House is the House of Art and Ambition.

Most of the students in this House come from the Neo Roman Empire, the largest of the seven major nations. Coming from the nation with the largest military force on Seraph, many of the Crimson Roses are trained warriors with disciplined backgrounds. Other students, however, may have more artistic inclinations and possess a great talent for one of Rome’s many creative arts. Whether its on the battlefield or on stage, students of the Crimson Rose are never afraid to give it their all.

The House’s motto is “Unbridled Passion”.

Here are some of the students who will be attending the Academy this year:

Aurelia Claudius Caesar

The Imperial Princess of the Neo Roman Empire. She is a dignified and determined girl who is working hard to become worthy of her future throne. She is well-educated in military theory but she has little experience on an actual battlefield. She has an interest and passion for all creative arts, particularly music and theatre.

Marcus Tiberius

Aurelia's closest vassal and right-hand man. His father is the leader of the Roman Senate and he has been close friends with Aurelia since childhood. He is a polite and capable gentleman who supports his princess with his utmost effort and loyalty. Due to his good nature and pedigree, he is very popular with female students.

Julia

The blooming flower of Rome. Julia is a charming and amicable lady who holds the hearts of many men and women alike. Unlike many of her peers, she is a plebian who was not born to a noble family. Instead, she made a name for herself on the stage, performing at the Domus Aurea as one of Rome's young stars.
    The Blue Orchids

The Blue Orchid House is the House of Magic and Modesty.

Most of the students in this House come from the land of Hinomoto. Hinomoto is home to many Hybrids who possess the genetic data of demons. As such many of its students have non-human physical traits and unique abilities indicative of their heritage. There are still, of course, many students who do not possess such genetic data and instead have trained themselves thoroughly in one of their country’s martial or magical arts. No matter what one’s physical makeup or background is, everyone is accepted in this calm and gentle home away from home.

The House’s motto is “Eternal Refinement”.

Fujiwara Tokinada

The Crown Prince of Hinomoto. He is a cool and cunning man who looks more like a crime boss than a prince. Many people consider him a genius of strategy, someone who can easily see ten steps ahead at all times. He likes to play shogi and other intellectual games very often.

Izumo Konoka

A Shrine Maiden from the Izumo Shrine, the head shrine of Hinomoto. She is a feisty and energetic girl who doesn’t seem to match the virtues of her country and occupation. She has known Tokinada since childhood but the two don’t seem to get along, perhaps because she’s kind of an airhead.

Hattori Suika

A Kunoichi of Hinomoto. She is a quiet and focused girl who seems to avoid standing out whenever unnecessary. Not much is known about her background or personal details, but that might just be expected for a ninja. One thing that's clear, though, is that she's not a Hybrid.
    The Silver Stars

The Silver Star House is the House of Independence and Destruction.

A large number of the students in this House come from the League of Free Cities, Origia. Origia is a country made up of numerous independent tribes and city-states that do not bow down to any of the Emperors or Kings. Allied with one each other in a loose coalition, these free cities each have their own system of governance and cultural history. As such, many of the Silver Stars come from very different backgrounds and cultures, resulting in the House becoming a mixing pot of individuality.

The House’s motto is “Unlimited Possibility”.

Saleem Al-Mira

The son of the Sultan of Aghraba, the second largest city in Origia. He is a goofy and free-spirited guy who seems to have exactly zero cares in the world. His family is incredibly wealthy and he seems to be very loose with spending some of that wealth. Despite that, he doesn't come off as snobby and is actually quite well-liked by his peers.

Throgard Frostbone

A warrior of the Frostbone Tribe. He is a brave and fierce man who has known battle since youth. His tribe is known for producing some of the greatest warriors known to Origia and he does not let that reputation down. But he is far more than just a knucklehead and comes across as a patient and humble person.

Paracelia von Blavanka

A Mage from Ultus, the City of Old Magic, which is dedicated to researching and reviving the magecrafts of Earth. Paracelia is a bright and bubbly girl brimming with curiosity towards all aspects of the world. As long as she doesn't get too carried away, her ingenuity speaks for itself... but she does love to speak endlessly as well.

Choose your House:
    1. The Crimson Roses
    2. The Blue Orchids
    3. The Silver Stars

Choose your Occupation:
    A. Student
    B. Professor

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    3A

US Friend Code
    3B
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​3B
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

3B

Blog Entries
    Hmm... 2A.

Signature by fumato

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2A

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    2A

JP Friend Code
    3A

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    3A

Blog Entries

Day 01
    Tsukumihara Academy
    Silver Stars Classroom

“All right, we’re here.”

My feet come to a stop in front of a large wooden door with a silver banner draped next to it.

This is undoubtedly the classroom for the Silver Stars House in Tsukumihara Academy, the finest Wizard academy in all of Seraph. And starting today, it will be my place of study too.

I glance at the woman standing just ahead of me and try to think of something to say but fail to come up with any words.

Noticing my hesitation, she responds with a concerned yet confident voice.

“What’s wrong? Nervous?”

“… in a sense. I’m still not sure I should be here.” I reply sullenly.

“Hey, c’mon, don’t say that. You’ve already made it in, didn’t you? You passed the entrance exam too. You’ll do fine.” She reassures me.

“Hmmm…”

This girl who barely looks any older than me is Minerva, a professor at Tsukumihara Academy. Apparently, she’s the youngest person to ever become a teacher here in the history of the school. She was the one who got me into the Academy as a student as well.

As I stand there still stirring in my doubts, she suddenly pinches my cheek.

“Ow! Wh-what was that for?”

“To wake you up, silly. You’re thinking too much. You’re a student now, so just focus on your studies. Make friends, train yourself, and learn everything you can. That’s the best way to find what you’re looking for.” She declares cheerfully.

She then squishes my cheeks as if I was a baby and continues her lecture.

“Listen, you don’t have to worry so much. If anything goes wrong, I’ll cover for you. That’s why I made sure you’d be in my class. Everything will turn out okay. Understood?”

“… okay.”

“Understood!?” She asks again, strengthening her grip on my cheeks.

“Understood!”

“Good boy. See, you’re learning quickly.” Minerva giggles and finally lets go of me.

I quickly rub my sore cheeks and glower at her. Honestly, for someone who likes to act like the wise adult, she sure resorts to violence quickly.

“All right, well then, let’s head on in and introduce you to the rest of the class.”

Minerva opens the door to the classroom, and I follow her in with only a little trepidation.

Immediately, I’m flooded with an unexpected amount of stimuli. The classroom is filled with noise and activity as the many students inside are all almost up-and-about. Some are chatting with one another freely while others are straight up out of their seats. My first impression of my new classroom immediately becomes a chaotic one.

“Hey! The bell’s already rung. Everyone to your seats!” Minerva shouts over the sea of chatter.

“““Okay~~~”””

A resounding chorus of voices responds obediently like a flock of schoolchildren. Well, I suppose they are school, but still…

As the noise dies down and the students to their seats, I can’t help but notice quite a few of them eyeing me. As expected, I definitely stand out as the new face, don’t I.

“Okay, class. Eyes and ears to the front.” Minerva calls out again to grab the attention of the entire class, before motioning towards me. “As you may have already heard, we have a new friend who’ll be joining us today. This is our new transfer student, so treat him well and give him a warm welcome.”

“““Welcome~~~”””

Once again, a resounding chorus of mixed voices with no harmony whatsoever. They don’t seem particularly excited or bemused at the sight of their new classmate. That is to say, I don’t feel particularly welcomed.

“Now then, where should you sit…?” Minerva thinks out loud, already moving on to the next topic and scanning the room for an open seat.

The classroom itself seems like pretty standard fare with a lectern and a screen at the front and rows of desk-benches for the students – the type that could seat 2-3 people on them.

Just then, a hand raises from the rows of students.

“Professor Minerva, the seat next to me is empty. He can sit here.” A girl in red calls out.

“Hm? Oh, okay, then. You can go sit next to Rina.” Minerva commands me.

“Uh, okay.”

I obediently head towards the hand and find my new seat near the back. Already sitting there is the girl in red who scoots over a bit to make room for me.

As I take my seat, I take a second to glance at my new deskmate. Black hair cascades down her back, juxtaposed sharply by the bright red of her clothes and the pure white of her skin. There’s definitely a subdued air about her, different from the chaotic first impression I had of this class. This might be a little prejudiced, but her glasses also give off an intellectual impression.

As I sit down, she flashes me a quick smile, before turning her attention back to the front. The lecture was already beginning without waiting for me to get my bearings, so I also refocused as quickly as possible.

Today’s first lecture seems to be about Firewalls. It starts with a bit of a recap of the basics, so I’m not thrust into any unfamiliar territory; whether Minerva decided to do that for my sake or not is a mystery to me.

Not two minutes into the lecture, though, I suddenly receive a buzz in a head.

“Hm?”

I quietly check what it is and find a request for a chat channel… from Rina?

I do a quick-take at the girl sitting next to me, but she’s still staring at the screen upfront. Was it an accident then? That doesn’t seem likely, though. So, in that case…

I hesitantly decide to accept the chat request and a telepathic channel is opened up between Rina and me. Instantly, upon accepting, I get a message.

Rina: Hello, there.

The words flow into my brain in her voice.

Me: Um, hi. Did you need something?

Rina: Sorry for bothering you. I just wanted to say hello. There wasn’t any time to greet you before class, though.

Rina: I’m Tohsaka Rina. I hope we can get along, seeing that we’ll be in the same class from now on.

Even as the messages flow in, Rina’s face remains blank, and her gaze stays fixed on the front. Damn, she must be good at this.

Me: Nice to meet you too. I’m Chrono.

Rina: That’s a good name. I like it.

Me: Thanks. Yours is good too. It’s pretty.

Wait, was that a weird thing to say in response? Is it weird to call someone’s name pretty?

Rina: I wasn’t expecting a transfer student at this time of the year. You really surprised me.

Me: Well, you know, circumstances.

Rina: I understand. You must have your reasons.

Rina: So, where are you from, Chrono?

I pause for a second at the question. Doing my best not to flinch, I carefully respond with the answer I prepared.

Me: Britannia.

Rina: Oh, really? I wasn’t expecting that. You don’t look like a Britannian.

Me: I get that a lot.

Me: What about you?

Rina: I’m from Antemellum. You can probably tell from my appearance.

Rina: To be honest, I thought you were from Antemellum too, based on your looks. I got excited over having a classmate from the same country, so I wanted to confirm asap.

Me: Sorry for disappointing you.

Rina: Not at all. I shouldn’t have judged you based on your looks. I’m the one who should be sorry.

Me: It’s fine. Nothing wrong with asking.

Rina: I’ll leave you alone now, then. We should probably focus on class.

Me: Makes sense.

Rina: Talk to you later, Chrono. ^w^

And just like that, the chat channel closes, breaking off the connection between Rina and I.

With my focus returned to me, I go back to paying attention and desperately try to infer any info I missed during the distraction. But all the while, a part in the back of my brain reflects on my first talk with one of my classmates.

Tohsaka, huh…

Wise-up! World Info
    Britannia.

One of the seven major nations of Seraph located to the north of the Neo Roman Empire. It is a smaller nation with a strong military force, both in terms of infantry and naval forces. The nation is ruled by a King and a Round Table of Knights. Its culture is said to greatly value the ideals of chivalry and honor.

Minerva is from this nation.

Day 01
    Tsukumihara Academy
    Silver Stars Classroom

Classes for the day end before I know it.

It seems like today’s just a half-day so we get out at lunch time. Once the bell rings, all the students get up and disperse towards their own personal activities. Even Minerva leaves the classroom, leaving me to fend for myself. Though if I were to call her out on it, she’d probably just say something like “I was helping you foster your independence”.

Now then, here I am at Tsukumihara Academy, my very first day in this unfamiliar territory. If I’m going to spend a fulfilling time here, I should get used to this new life as soon as possible.

With that in mind, what should I do first?

1. Walk around and get acquainted with the campus
    2. Visit the town and get a feel for Tsukumihara
    3. Invite some of your classmates to have lunch together
    4. Chase after Minerva and get her to give you some leads on what to do as a student
    5. Go back to the dorms and get settled into your new room

References
    Chrono (Player)
    Minerva
    Tohsaka Rina

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... 5.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Get a good walk and view of the place at large, hmm.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Mm...1 for now?

A broader overview will be useful, but getting used to school life sounds more unfamiliar than getting used to other areas, and outside will be inevitable in any case.

Signature by fumato

1., we need to know where we can buy healing items for the first dungeon and also find NPCs with unique skins to discover the future teammates and antagonists.

Blog Entries

Day 01
    Tsukumihara Academy
    Campus Road

I decide to take a walk around campus and get a feel for my new surroundings. I’ll be living and studying here from now on so I should get used to the place as soon as possible.

Tsukumihara Academy is by every metric the finest Wizard Academy in Seraph. One might even go so far as to say that its name is synonymous with Wizard Academy. I have heard that some of the major nations have recently started their own Wizard academies inside their own borders, but they still pale in comparison to Tsukumihara. The reason for this is the long history and legacy that Tsukumihara has left on Seraph. Said to have been founded centuries ago with the founding of the Seven Nations themselves, Tsukumihara Academy has produced almost all of the finest Wizards in the history of Seraph. There’s another reason for this too, but we’ll put that aside for now.

This is just a rumor I’ve heard but apparently even the Neo Roman Empire’s Imperial Princess is attending the academy this year, instead of going to her own country’s Wizard school. That alone should be proof of Tsukumihara’s renown.

With that said, given the academy’s renown and reputation, it is only natural that its facilities are up-to-par. All of the school buildings are equipped with the latest facilities that you would come to expect from such a hi-tech school. Not only do the classrooms have the latest virtual space technology to enhance visual learning, but even the labs and club buildings are packed with expensive gear. And then there’s the Data Center, supposedly carrying enough computation power in its walls to manifest an entire city by itself. Rumor has it that they’ve even installed a brand-new simulation room just this year.

Academics aren’t Tsukumihara’s only pride, however. There’s plenty of athletic facilities as well. Even putting aside the training grounds for combat practice, there a number of sports fields and a fully-decked-out gymnasium. As long as one isn’t lazy, there should be no reason one can’t stay in great shape while studying here – a good trait to have for a Wizard indeed. One thing that does stand out to me is the school’s surprisingly nice archery dojo. It’s not even like the practice targets in the training grounds; it’s a fully authentic traditional Hinomoto-style archery dojo. It seems a little strange to me that they went out of their way to make a facility for such a niche activity; perhaps there’s some deeper history behind the dojo itself.

In addition to the facilities for learning and improvement, the general accommodations are great as well. The three dormitories – one for each House – are all comfortable and luxurious, even considering their distinct aesthetic choices. Several spots for leisurely relaxation are sprinkled around the campus, including a large courtyard with hedge-separated pavilions that would be perfect for afternoon tea or a picnic. Speaking of refreshments, the Dining Hall has a wide variety of meals available, perhaps out of consideration for their students who come from every nation. There’s also a school store where one can pick up supplies and daily essentials, though some of the items on sale are a little suspect (who on earth is buying the Super Spicy Mapo Tofu???).

Taking in all this info, I take a brisk walk around the campus at my own pace, exploring each and every nook and cranny that catches my eye.

Before I know it, I end up at the edge of the campus and what I thought would be the end of my little adventure. But as I walk past the trees marking the boundary line, something catches my eye that demands my investigation.

“Is that… a lake?”

After I pass through the line of forestry, I am greeted by the sight of crystal blue waters. A dock can be seen on the edge of the water with several rowboats. I can also just barely make out the sight of fish swimming in the water. Hidden away behind the curtain of greenery, it almost feels like a piece of raw nature that had been carved out and accidently placed right next to the high-tech campus.

There’s no one here right now, but I can easily imagine students spending a lazy afternoon on a boat and trying to catch some fish.

“Weird, though, this wasn’t in my map data. I guess they just couldn’t fit it on the map. But maybe that means there’s other stuff in this area.”

With that in mind, I decide to explore this unmapped part of campus a little bit more.

I circle the edge of the lake before finding my way back on the road which I walk down while keeping an eye out for what’s behind the fence of nature. Eventually, one such building comes to view.

“What is that…?”

I ask out loud and find no answers. It’s a plain, seemingly unmarked building, randomly sitting in the middle of the forest. There are no windows and only a single entrance; it doesn’t look like any type of school building or facility I can think of.

After a few moments of fruitless contemplation, I spot another student walking down the road and decide to just ask.

“Hm? Oh, that building? That’s the Incinerator.” He answers politely. “Be careful around it. You don’t wanna fall in.”

“I see. Thanks a lot. Have a good day.”

Incinerator, huh. I guess that means that’s where the school’s garbage goes. Weird that it’s in the forest, but perhaps there’s a reason for that. Maybe so that the smell doesn’t stink up the campus? Though, I don’t think I smell anything now.

Anyways, moving on, I continue my exploration until I come across yet another strange building. Unlike the last one, though, this one isn’t plain. Instead, it’s rather ornate, sporting a large double-door entrance and stained-glass windows. It’s almost jarring to see such a beautiful building shoved to the side of campus when, in my opinion, it deserves to be one of its hallmarks.

Like the Incinerator, I also can’t tell what the purpose of this building is nor is there any signage. To my surprise, though, I find the door to be unlocked. Filled with more curiosity than fear, I cautiously step inside.

“Hello?"

I call out, not expecting an answer. But while I don’t get one, I do immediately find someone else inside.

“…”

There’s a woman. Silently sitting at the back of the building, past rows of benches that remind me of an auditorium, she slowly raises her head and glares at me.

“Um, hi.”

“… what do you want?”

Her tone is cold and yet somehow aggressive. It immediately puts me on my toes.

“Nothing. I just, I saw this building and was wondering what it was.” I answer, trying to keep calm.

“I see. Well, for your information, this is a Church.” She explains coolly.

“A Church!? So, this is a church?” I exclaim, surprised.

“… you know what a church is?” She questions, her eyes narrowing.

“Huh? Ah, well… I’ve heard the name somewhere before. Don’t really remember where. And I don’t know much about them, either.” I explain. “I-Is that surprising?”

“Not many people nowadays know what a church is, especially those outside this school. There are only a handful left in Seraph. After all… it’s a place of worship for a dead religion.” She states in a solemn, dreary tone.

“Dead religion…” I repeat, feeling the weight of those words.

“It’s all ancient history now. Just one of those things that was lost in the Great Migration. Apparently, it was once the most popular religion back on Earth… but those days are long gone. This building is now but a bubble of what was forgotten by time. A trashbin for that which was unnecessary to humanity’s evolution.”

She speaks in a cool, uncaring, matter-of-fact manner that is almost dismissive. At yet, there sense of wistful longing lingering in her voice. For some reason, it reaches my heart and turns my blood cold.

I suddenly feel the penetrating gaze of the statue at the back of the church – the cold, unmoving eyes of that bearded man on a cross. It tells me that I do not belong here, that nothing belongs here anymore, in this place that belongs to the lost past.

“… well, anyways, come on in.” The woman suddenly says, getting up from her seat. “This is not a place that will turn anyone from its door. If you’re interested, I have time to spare.”

Following her instruction, I slowly enter the church, closing the heavy door behind me.

“Who are you?” I ask her, the first of many questions circling my mind.

“Officially, I’m a professor at this academy. But here, I am simply known as Sister Charity.”

The woman named Charity now stands before the altar beneath the statue, basking in the rays of colored light from the stained-glass window. She throws open her arms to her sides as if imitating the statue on the cross and announces in a clear and loud voice.

“Welcome, lost lamb, to the Church of Tsukumihara. I am the Last Sister of Seraph, she who is tasked with witnessing the end of the world as the Eyes of God. In these sacred walls, all are received with open arms, saints and sinners alike. So, tell me, my child. How may I help you, today?”

“Help me…? Are you saying that I can come to you for help?” I wonder, still a little stunned.

“Indeed. No matter the hour or person, I will always have a bucket to wash your feet and a cup of cold water to offer.” She declares, entirely seriously.

“Eh? Feet? Water? What are you talking about?”

“… do not fret over it. It is something like a turn of phrase. It means that I am at your service.”

“I see… well, how much does this service cost?” I naturally question.

“Nothing. It is free of charge.” She states curtly.

“Eh? You can’t be serious.”

“I am.”

“No way… so if I ask you for something, you’ll do it and I don’t have to pay you anything?” I balk, almost doubting even my own words for saying it out loud.

“As long as it is within my ability, yes. My ears are for hearing your problems. My mouth is for giving you wisdom. And my hands are for lending you my strength. Those are the tenets of this lost faith.” She confirms, absolutely without a drop of irony or exaggeration.

Ridiculous. It sounds so ridiculous I wonder if I’m being roped into some sort of scam. This woman can’t be serious… can she? If she is, it’s no wonder such a faith died out; who on earth would follow it?

And yet, I see in her eyes nothing but truth and conviction.

How should I respond to such a situation?

1. Say that you have nothing you need help with.
    2. Try it out and ask her for some advice.
    3. Try it out and request help with a small errand.
    4. Test her faith and ask for something outrageous.
    5. Ask her for something lewd.

References
    Sister Charity