Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood Type Lumina Community Translation Patch

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Interesting implications then. Need to see Nero and Tatari soon.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    I have a lot I want to say but I'm glad this patch is finally out.

The entire reason this exists is because I saw the Roa line that removes the entire mentioning of a character, from the english version. I wondered "Hey if I can extract files, maybe I can replace them!" and it turned out the tools at the time for that existed and I was able to. I think I even posted on here that it was possible and I was considering it. However I severely lacked the skills to do a complete retranslation with my meagre Japanese skills, and I only have experience with working with FGO. At some point Petri needed the scripts or something and I DMed him to help him and I offhandedly mentioned I wanted to work on a patch and if he sees any lines that are particularly bad to send them my way. Around a month or two later he DMs me "I already got Comun and Fumei in on working on a patch, wana help?" or something like that. So thank Comun for his random post I saw.

I had a lot of fun working on it even if a lot of the things we worked on ending up going nowhere. (I will never get the five hours I spent trying to get Japanese name order to work back)

I'm glad it finally came to fruition, and hopefully in a year or two TATARI kino can drop and with the knowledge we learned from the poles, we can fix that too (because it's going to be bad.)

Well, there are 4 more character scenarios coming this year so there is more to look forward to. Hopefully there is something meatier like the boss rush too. We definitely need Tatari stuff.

I only went through a few scenario so far but I noticed in Powered Ciel that some of the dialogue was getting cut off. Like the part where Red Arc was talking about her resisting her eyes. Another line was readable but similarly placed so it was hard to see. It might just have to do with resolution or something though? I figured I'd bring it up in case it's an oversight.
    Edit: Also happened in Roa's scenario.
    Last edited by Nanaya; July 11th, 2022 at 10:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Well, there are 4 more character scenarios coming this year so there is more to look forward to. Hopefully there is something meatier like the boss rush too. We definitely need Tatari stuff.

I only went through a few scenario so far but I noticed in Powered Ciel that some of the dialogue was getting cut off. Like the part where Red Arc was talking about her resisting her eyes. Another line was readable but similarly placed so it was hard to see. It might just have to do with resolution or something though? I figured I'd bring it up in case it's an oversight.
    Edit: Also happened in Roa's scenario.
    Hmm, what resolution do you play at?

Actually, could you just describe the issue in more detail, I feel like I don't entirely understand it.
    Last edited by Petrikow; July 11th, 2022 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Hmm, what resolution do you play at?

Actually, could you just describe the issue in more detail, I feel like I don't entirely understand it.
    Spoiler:

Text is running off the bottom of the screen. I tried 1920x1080 and a couple others. Fulllscreen and windowed. Not sure what the issue would be. Probably just a me issue since you probably woulda seen this beforehand.
    Last edited by Nanaya; July 11th, 2022 at 10:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That actually isn't the text overflowing, that looks like a scripting problem... I had similar things happen to me when I messed up the code that runs the dialogue (usually by using a colon).

My first guess is that your game is outdated, but I could be wrong.

I would like to know if anyone else had similar issues or if its just you, otherwise it's hard to troubleshoot.

build 8976715
    And updated with 1.2.7.0 updated. Hmm.

マリーの味方
    Just for reference, I also did those same stories on 1920x1080 fullscreen without any issues.

I'll try reinstalling it.

マリーの味方
    I should also mention I'm using the v1.0 patch though, if that matters.

Reinstall didn't do anything. I'm using 1.1 ftr.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle CompositeGNFNR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for this service. I believe everyone who's played the story could tell the translation was just...off, and I am glad to see this get out to people so they can better appreciate Melty.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I should also mention I'm using the v1.0 patch though, if that matters.
    The difference between 1.1 and 1.0 is 23 lines in total, so I doubt there'd be much of a difference, but it's valuable information.

So far the only person who has had this issue seems to be Nanaya, but I would still like to know how it arises, it might've occurred for others who have not reported it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CompositeGNFNR View Post
    Thank you for this service. I believe everyone who's played the story could tell the translation was just...off, and I am glad to see this get out to people so they can better appreciate Melty.
    No problem!

Gota a link to the 1.0? Just to rule it out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I actually managed to recreate the problem! That makes things easier. Guess we'll push out an updated version real soon.

Cool, just trying to help. I'm running through the rest of the scenarios to see if it happens elsewhere. So far only Roa and Powered Ciel.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Cool, just trying to help. I'm running through the rest of the scenarios to see if it happens elsewhere. So far only Roa and Powered Ciel.
    Yeah, don't worry, I actually figured it out. It is the 1.1 patch that is the problem. The encoding of the files changed when I pushed the 1.1 changes for reason I'm currently investigating.

With the wrong encoding, the game interprets the files wrong when there's a special character and it fucks with the scripting in a way that forces two lines together.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the report! Only the files affected by the 1.1 change should be the problem. For now, just using 1.0 should fix it.
    Last edited by Petrikow; July 11th, 2022 at 11:50 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, now 1.2 is live, which should resolve this issue.

New release

Alright, nice job. I checked all the other scenarios and boss rush on 1.1 and it was only the ending portion of Roa and Powered Ciel that caused issues. Those issues were resolved with 1.2 though. Keep up the good work and thanks for the effort.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again!