Thread: Panophobia: Second Impact (OOC Thread)

Panophobia: Second Impact (OOC Thread)

It is the year 2012, the warmth of the Summer months are just beginning to creep in, leaving the early mornings foggy and the air thick with mist.

The town of Fairfield wasn't a particularly noteworthy one, schools, green grass, fair enough weather, idyllic, in a plain Norman Rockwell sort of fashion.

What it was, however, to your mind, was dreadfully dull.

It was far enough away from the city to be lacking in any real excitement, but wasn't deep enough into the country for some real shenanigans, outer suburbia, in other words.

Boring.

But somehow, someway, through work, school, a flier at the bus stop or even something on social media, you caught wind of something different, something interesting, a rumor.

An Occult Research Organization, Ghost Hunting and Cryptid Sleuthing!

From the ad-hoc flier, it seems like they didn't have much in the way of money, but something about it stuck out to you, maybe you were just that bored, maybe you'd always been interested in this stuff and never had an outlet?

Either way, you got in touch with a dangerously over-caffeinated sounding receptionist(?) who jabbered excitedly at you in scarcely understandable English, before you'd managed to parse through it to get an address.

If you'd heard her(?) correctly, it seems like they'd finally found something really interesting, one of the older urban legends around town, you know.

And for some reason, you did.

Like an old cardboard box left in the corner of a dusty attic, you never remembered until someone told you, and then all at once, whoosh, there it was, clear as day.

Creepy.

Still, she sent you a link to a horribly dated-looking webpage, which referred you to an email that ended in a .com that you swore ended service a decade ago.

Something told you though, that it wasn't a prank, or a joke.

You sent off your details, and within maybe a minute, you got a response.

A date, a time and a set of coordinates, for some reason.

Something's telling you that you're about to get into something bizarre, something otherworldly.

Stepping through a door into another dimension, of rumor, thought and sound, of mystery and shifting paradigms, a realm of terror and imagination.

And the simple, unvarnished, tilted sign on the door reads:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, alright.

Welcome back, one and all, glad to have you with us.

Once again, we are here, on my little escapade fueled by late-nights with far too much caffeine, fringe radio shows, and mad ravings to my dog, who is, as usual, terribly disinterested.

Panophobia.

Typically, the word means, the fear of everything, wide-ranging, unnerving terror at the mere thought, the question of existence.

What a life that must be, to be so frightened of all and everything around you, lacking in even the slightest comfort in the most banal things, why, someone might even be terrified of waking up in the morning, haha!

Ha...

Hm.

Probably not so funny, in retrospect, but oh well.

Welcome back to the town of Fairfield, New York. Population of some 7600 souls, gets good business year-round for the proximity to the Adirondacks, hikers and skiers usually stopping through the larger town before heading off to the ski resorts and backwoods weirdos.

Like those jag-offs at Pine Bluffs, tch.

It's a bit on the smaller side, compared to Plattsburgh, Rochester or Syracuse or god-forbid the crazies down in the Apple, but you've got the necessities.

Town's particularly famous for the maple-soaked deer jerky, all locally made. Sweet and savory all-together, mm.

But, I imagine you don't particularly care for all of that.

You're here for the real meat and potatoes of this here business, yeah?

Well, then let's get right down to it.
    ---------------------------------------

This is intended to be a Co-Operative RP, y'all can go ahead and smash your action figures together if you like, I won't stop you, but the primary thrust of the business here is very simple.

You lot, and the gameboard.

Now, you might think that I, Morm, am the gameboard, but this is not quite true. I am not here to ruin you, break you, destroy you, render all your dreams to ash and your future a barren husk, no, no.

I am the Storyteller, the bard of this tale, if I was to be self-important.

Now, I'd like for you to tell me a little about yourselves, in a manner, I gather, is comforting and familiar to you:

A Character Sheet!

Introduce yourself, give some factoids and bits and bobs about yourself, however you'd like to, and then, then tell me some good stuff.

Tell me about You.

I want to know where you came from, where you're going, what has shaped you into the walking mass of flesh and bone that you are now.

A Backstory, to put it simply.

It's very important, and I mean that sincerely. Quite possibly the most important thing you might tell me.

Well, save for one thing, but we'll get to that.

After that, you can go ahead and throw your numbers around into some fields you feel you need to invest in.

13 Points to use on 4 Attributes, stats are rated from - to A.

With a single point of investment giving you an E, to start with, representing the base ability of someone exerting the bare minimum of effort into something.

A - on the other hand, well, I'd like some explanation for, to be so completely and utterly incapable of even the slightest modicum...

It tells me something about you, no?

You’ve got your MIGHT, which is your physical fitness, your power, your ability to exert physical force on the world around you.

And your SPEED, which is your reflexes, nimbleness, kneejerk reactions to an unfortunate situation.

Together, adding these two values up, you get your BODY rating, which is tested against when your natural tie to the world around you comes into play, should it ever happen to.

Next, there’s your KNOWLEDGE, book-learnin, street-smarts, shit you know through experience or learning, your ability to think logically and rationally about what you are going through. Perception.

And then there’s your, well, we’ll go with WILLPOWER, keeping with the theme of ‘Finesse and Force’, this is your ability to weather the forces arrayed against you in life. Your Force of Will, in addition, this might be of some more esoteric use later on.

Together, those two attributes make up your MIND rating, the hardiness of your intelligence and strength of will.

Then, after all this is said and done, I want you to tell me some important things about you.

Four Facts, to be specific. If you could order them in some point of importance or investment on your part, that would be appreciated.

Then, after that, you're pretty much all wrapped up, make it as pretty or as basic as you like-

Oh, but I'm forgetting something.

Oh yes, one of the key parts, one might say The Key Part of the whole sheet all together.

Tell me, delicious reader.

What Are You Afraid Of?

Last edited by Mormarth; July 25th, 2022 at 05:56 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My body is ready.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

any sheets professing any enjoyment or appreciation of those jerks at pine bluffs will be looked at with extremely high scrutiny

also they smell

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea who/what Pine Bluffs are, so I feel that I would struggle to appreciate them.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The return...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

The Deadline for sheet applications is:

August 6th!

So!

August 6th has come and gone.

So now here I am, with 7 sheets, one coming in just under the wire.

And guess what

Here's who got in

Adrian Saunders

Clemente Jackson

John Smith

Sarah Parker

Jill Dumont

Jacob Goodman

and

Yeong Min

that's right

you all got in

now go ahead and do that thing you people do where you post anime pictures and say 'cool' things

Now, in other news:

I am currently working on finished sheets and those should be finished and ready to go in the next few days, and in the meantime, I will also be working on a small 'Encyclopedia Fairfieldia', discussing well-known People and Places, which will be updated as the RP moves forward.

Hopefully, if all goes well, the IC thread should be up and ready to go by the weekend, probably earlier.

<Airen> I play hetero every once in awhile
    Spoiler:
    <~Katie> dude who gives a fuck about girls being gay, sometimes girls aren't gay and that decision should be respected

Spoiler:
    [12:21.40] that might be a top tier post[12:21.45] frantic[12:21.47] post of the month, even[12:21.48] this right here[12:21.49] is MC [12:21.56] johnny has nothing on this dude[12:22.00] he's the MC of the nisio half[12:22.12] so wait[12:22.15] [ ] is, after all, my rival character[12:22.16] am i the gag heroine[12:22.20] yes

JOHN SMITH
    "Ever heard someone say, ‘truth is stranger than fiction?’ Don’t believe ‘em for a second! They’re the real suckers."

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Draconic; April 20th, 2023 at 11:20 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jill Dumont
    “A case is a case, no matter how weird or strange it may seem. Those who think that something is impossible are merely struggling with the narrowness of their own views. It is arrogant to think we know everything… yeah, that little speech sounds good~... but really, this is some weird shit, even for me~

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sarah Parker

"Oh joy, adults that automatically think they know better than me. Great. Real fun way to spend a night out."
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"