View Poll Results: What should happen to the story after the Lostbelt Saga ends

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaldea's Story continues from part 2

19 35.85%
  • Chaldea's Story ends in Part 2 and a new story begins

34 64.15%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FGO part 3 story. Continue or new story?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    mfw it's an in game choice where you don't know the outcome and majority rule decides the epilogue where the 'heroic' or 'right' choice leads to the doors closing narratively.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    mfw it's an in game choice where you don't know the outcome and majority rule decides the epilogue where the 'heroic' or 'right' choice leads to the doors closing narratively.
    BB doing a vote for old times sake.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Nasu being literal when he said "depends on player choice"

マリーの味方
    when I think about a hypothetical part 3, I would assume it'd be under a new game
    which would make a new setting / main character be understandable. i don't think there is a need to continue guda's (or mashu) story after part 2 honestly. new characters could open up more avenues for potential interesting stories. given the lessons from F/GO, they wouldn't be afraid to go heavy on the story from the get-go and make the new mc an actual character.

my hope is post part 2 we just have EoR style chapters until an actual F/GO 2 is released. but they'd really have to be working on that already so let's hope they are

I gotta wonder how this statement works with some of his earlier statements.

Unless there is a poll where audience gets to decide... nasu is the one in charge why is he acting like he doesnt decide the ending

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It ends. Not sure if there will be a Chaldea after this arc, at least in regards to its original purpose. The entire organization is probably just to serve Marisbury's endgame, which seemed about to complete at the end. Even Singularities which it formed to deal with seem to be just byproducts of his plan. Either it'll be disbanded, or repurposed to do something else.

It will be decided by the collective will of mankind. If enough players save Olga, it's fucking game over.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Please BB, I beg you to rig the vote again.

Red garden still wont come out till the late 2020s regardless petrikow

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    End Chaldea's story, but there's a successor of sorts to it, i.e. Mash is the new (YOU)'s Senpai.

As Lucas would say, it's like poetry, it rhymes.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Hard to do a continuation with a undertale style genocide ending tho

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Preferably. I'd prefer FGO to just end. Let it die and let our servants be preserved forever...

Then have Lasagana work on FGO2 with full voice acting, actual gameplay, PC and mobile release, 3D models instead of sprites so content doesn't take a thousand years,
    an early game that isn't the worst with both bad story and bad gameplay, and a code base that been designed to last more than a year. That has been my hopium for so long.

and have Nasu go back to doing whatever the fuck he wants... and just let Higa or Minase be the main writer or something. This is the perfect scenario.
    I expect Nasu will promise that he will not be involved only to go back on his word once he gets a flash of inspiration. FGO in general is a Nasu trap.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chaldea’s story continues, but it’s a Kadoc/Olga/Goredolf/Mash slice of life with no Servant. Sion and Daybit are there too if they survive.

Hard to justify no servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Chaldea’s story continues, but it’s a Kadoc/Olga/Goredolf/Mash slice of life with no Servant. Sion and Daybit are there too if they survive.
    Cooking with Kadoc.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Define Chaldea. Since it may just mean that Animusphere's story would end completely. This wouldn't change much.

But it'll continue with other writers anyway. They aren't talking about ending of the game, but "Ending of Cosmos in the Lostbelt".

JP Friend Code
    Eh,well. Guda can join the Clocktower and we will have all Shirous, Rins, Wavers, Flats and whatsnot as a main\support cast.

I can’t imagine a continuation of Chaldea not doing whatever space-time out-of-universe saving the world crap, since the organization’s purpose and meta attraction was mainly from that alone, which is the same reason why they can’t really scale down to urban/mage mysteries or politics. Nor do I think space or types will be the next evolution; despite how vehemently I wish for more lore on types and Notes, many noted the brevity and mysteriousness’s half the attraction. Really, I just want an happy little ending for our heroes, Chaldea shut down their last computers, heartfelt goodbyes to all the servants (make goodbye voice lines for each servants in dialogue), maybe Mash x MC, etc.

A new story though is a completely different story, literally. At that point, it wouldn’t even be FGO, and I can’t even imagine the first thing Nasu could think of to do with the servants, after the Grand Orders are finished. While I do want new and official servant to add to the lore, it’s gonna be very hard to do so without the excuse of world ending threat. Ideally, I’ll like him to focus on the other titles, especially Tsukihime, but we all know how he rolls, soooooooo.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Clearly the only tasteful solution is shutting down our Chaldea while presenting a perfect copy of it in the Servant Universe and continue with that so that it has no way of interfering with the original story.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    Eh,well. Guda can join the Clocktower and we will have all Shirous, Rins, Wavers, Flats and whatsnot as a main\support cast.
    How would CT summon Servants?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Clearly the only tasteful solution is shutting down our Chaldea while presenting a perfect copy of it in the Servant Universe and continue with that so that it has no way of interfering with the original story.
    I have a prediction that FGO timelines will end as different World (like Tsuki/Fate/Servantverse, or Morgan's Lostworld), thus never interferring with Fate Worlds again.
    Because IIRC Nasu once said that collabs with other games are impossible until end of Part 2. Means something will change about world itself allowing for those collabs.