View Poll Results: What should happen to the story after the Lostbelt Saga ends

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaldea's Story continues from part 2

19 35.85%
  • Chaldea's Story ends in Part 2 and a new story begins

34 64.15%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FGO part 3 story. Continue or new story?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Chaldea’s story continues, but it’s a Kadoc/Olga/Goredolf/Mash slice of life with no Servant. Sion and Daybit are there too if they survive.
    I'd dig that but that game wouldn't survive a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Clearly the only tasteful solution is shutting down our Chaldea while presenting a perfect copy of it in the Servant Universe and continue with that so that it has no way of interfering with the original story.
    Sounding an awful lot like the data worlds in Union X...
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    I'm hoping part 3 is about going to space!
    We summon Tiamat and ride her as the interstellar spaceship to colonize other planets with Lahmus.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    He personally wants option 1 but it depends on the player base.
    It's a really bad sign if, so theorically close to the endgame, they still aren't sure of what's Part 3 going to be about. Part 3 has to top or at least equal the scale of Parts 1 and 2 and that requires years of planning in advance.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    option 3 I yeet and let fgo drown because without me FGO is nothing

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Part 3 could be about Chaldea going into the Alien World (one from which Ruler Moriarty came from) to fix/save/eliminate it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    It's more of Moriarty was contracted by Alien World rather than originated from it. Its actions also suggest that it opposes Alien God's own goal to some degree if Moriarty's lines are anything to go by.

I'll post this here because I guess it just fits best, but I was starting to question my own sanity when Nasu just kept talking about his continuation patterns, so I decided to wade through some old interviews to get it straight, and this is the result of that. Do with it what you will. Point is Nasu's a coward (or addicted to writing).

4gamer interview, 2018 (https://www.4gamer.net/games/266/G026651/20181228023/)
    梶田氏 (Mafia): 疑うわけではないのですが,「FGO」としては本当に第2部で完結するのでしょうか?
    I kinda doubt it'll happen, but will "FGO" really end with part 2?
    奈須氏 (Nasu):
     用意したプロットとしては,第2部で終了する予定です。なので第2部までにできること,やりたいことを全 部やり切るつもりです。……怖いのは,プレイヤーさんに「まだ続きを見たい」と言われてしまう ことですね。
    The plot I have prepared is planned to end with part 2. As such, I intend to completely finish up all the stuff I can, and want to, do within part 2. What I'm afraid of is that players will go "We wanna see more!"
    [...]
    梶田氏 (Mafia):
     しかし第2部の終了に合わせてゲームも閉じるとなると,プレイヤーはとてつもない喪失感に襲 われますね。
    But if the game closes alongside part 2, players will feel overcome by an unbelievable amount of loss.
    [...]
    奈須氏 (Nasu):
     開発チームにもライターさんにも,第2部最終章におけるギミックやプロット,終わり方まですでに伝えて合 意が取れています。
    The development team and writers have already agreed on the gimmick and plot of the final chapter of part 2, as well as its ending.
    梶田氏 (Mafia):
     アニプレックスもOKを出しているのですか?
    And have Aniplex given you the OK on this?
    奈須氏 (Nasu):
     もちろんです。そもそも今回のプロジェクトは岩上さん(※岩上敦宏氏)から直接「奈須さんがソーシャルゲ ーム苦手なのは知っているが,それでも力を貸してほしい」と言われて,参加することになったんです。そのう えでTYPE-MOONがプロジェクトを主導することを良しとしてくれました。
    Of course. In the first place, I was confronted directly by Iwakama (※Iwakama Atsuhiro) saying "Nasu, I know you're not great with social games, but lend me your power here," and that's how I joined in. He then even let TYPE-MOON take on the lead of the project.
    梶田氏 (Mafia):
     ここまで稼げるコンテンツを人気絶頂のうちに閉じるということは,商売人ならあり得ない判断ですよね。な のに物語が“最高の終わり”を迎えるため,クリエイターの決断を尊重するというのは真のエンターテイナーで すな。
    It seems an impossible decision for a businessman to shut down content at its peak of popularity when it earns so much money. But despite that, it's the mark of a true entertainer to respect the creator's wishes, in order to bring the story to its "best possible ending".
    Famitsu interview, 2019 (https://www.famitsu.com/news/201910/05182695.html)
    奈須: 第2部のストーリーから続いた内容にするAパターンと、第2部で完全にカルデアの話は終わらせて異なるスト ーリーを始めるBパターンのふたつのパターンを用意しています。どちらも、「これならおもしろそうだ」とい うアイデアも浮かんではいるんですが……。
    Nasu: There exists two patterns for now: A) in which the story continues from part 2, and B) wherein Chaldea's story ends with part 2, and a new story begins. Whichever comes to pass, there are quite a few ideas floating around...
    Famitsu interview, 2022 (https://e-hentai.org/g/2289590/609a4331a0/, p51)
    Famitsu: 以前のインタビューでは、第2部の終了後について2パターン(※第2部のストーリーから続いた内容にするA パターンと、第2部で完全にカルデアの話は終わらせて異なるストーリーを始めるBパターン)があるとおっし ゃっていましたが、現段階でもそう いった構想にお変わりはないでしょうか?
    Famitsu: In a previous interview, you mentioned that there exist two patterns for after part 2 ends (※Pattern A, which continues the story from part 2, and pattern B, which completely concludes the story of Chaldea with part 2, and begins a new story), has there been any changes to this idea for the plot at this stage?
    奈須: そうですね。本当はAのほうに行きたいのですが、それはもうユーザーさんの反応次第なので、あとは神のみぞ 知るといった感じでお祈りしています。
    Nasu: That's right. I'm really leaning towards A for now, but it will be completely up to the response from the users, so for now it's anyone's call and I'm just praying.
    Last edited by fumei; August 5th, 2022 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    It's a really bad sign if, so theorically close to the endgame, they still aren't sure of what's Part 3 going to be about. Part 3 has to top or at least equal the scale of Parts 1 and 2 and that requires years of planning in advance.
    He could already start to write Part 3 with an option he likes the most.
    Because let's be real it obvious there would be enough reponses in Twitter like "I want continuation" that Nasu will just say "well can't let them down".

I would say that if he changed his mind from "yeah it's ending with part 2" to "I wanna continue from part 2" he most likely had an idea that he's been fleshing out in his head for what part 3 is going to be, sort of like how we know part 2 was already plotted out (for the main parts) before part 1 even ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

From a business point of view I can't see them doing anything else other then continuing Chaldea's Story. FGO risks losing players if they go and change the story too much and it's too successful moneywise to just end the game right now.

I wouldn't mind a new story however. A Gacha version of a grail war with the surviving magi that already appeared in the story might be cool. IDK though.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I would say that if he changed his mind from "yeah it's ending with part 2" to "I wanna continue from part 2" he most likely had an idea that he's been fleshing out in his head for what part 3 is going to be, sort of like how we know part 2 was already plotted out (for the main parts) before part 1 even ended.
    This make me wonder if maybe the stuff with Beasts V & VI has been pushed for Part 3. Because, we have that old interview in which Nasu said he made the FGO scenario by bringing his unused ideas for the Beasts and everything in the plot indicates that we should eventually deal with all of them. Then, Arthur's release during EoR started the VI's plotline that has gone nowhere on mobile and while part of that is due to Arcade, we are near the end of Part 2 already and still nothing has been done on mobile proper despite the little effort to connect both Arcade and Mobile storylines as connected parallel worlds with the Merlins' shenanigans and Arthur's interludes still dropping hints at that plotline. And well, hints or foreshadowing at V are still nowhere to be seen...

JP Friend Code
    I guess we'll deal with them in EoR v.2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Perhaps this is the classic "Nasu can't say no to anyone" and he decided to go with more FGO because of demand

Blog Entries
    I wish the FGO Project spend more time on planning ahead the main writing directions and decisions instead of these superfluous events and advertisements.

It feels like at this point the FGO Project has been hyped up a bit too much by the Marketing Department, while the TM writers are struggling to put out actual content.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Despite being a major lore nut Nasu is also a big softie who will bend over backwards for others. If there is incentive to continue FGO it will be continued until it's run into the ground. And despite all of the talk of Nasu leaving the writing in other ppl's hands, we all know he'll either be inspired or get some idea and will come back to it and add something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    I wish the FGO Project spend more time on planning ahead the main writing directions and decisions instead of these superfluous events and advertisements.

It feels like at this point the FGO Project has been hyped up a bit too much by the Marketing Department, while the TM writers are struggling to put out actual content.
    I'm not quite getting this tbh. Are you saying you would prefer not to have these events at all and just have the main quest chapters? For a gacha FGO is already being criticized for having a small content stream. (Even though by TM standards it's having it as good as possible)
    You could look at these "superfluous events" as the team putting their focus on the main direction and story, while still upholding the update stream for events and whatnot.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Honestly I want to move on from Beasts. The more it continues, the more negative I feel about them. It was crazy and hype when Tiamat first appeared, Goetia arc was peak. Then it's downhill for me and I don't see it recovered anytime soon with a clown as VII.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Genocide Route
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    I'm not quite getting this tbh. Are you saying you would prefer not to have these events at all and just have the main quest chapters? For a gacha FGO is already being criticized for having a small content stream. (Even though by TM standards it's having it as good as possible)
    You could look at these "superfluous events" as the team putting their focus on the main direction and story, while still upholding the update stream for events and whatnot.
    I'm referring to what Petri mentioned about how the majority of chapters in the last few years has been padded in fillers to stall the inevitable end of the FGO Project as a whole.

Yeah, this is the kind of the rule when it comes to these kind of gacha games. The Market demands that FGO should run and make as much content as possible, but maybe paradoxically, Nasu wishes that FGO should have a proper ending. The compromise is events like Tunguska and Traum, chapters which seems so haphazardly planned whose only purpose is to delay the release of LB7.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    I feel we are maybe forgetting that actual plot progression on the Main Story has been historically rather slow.

The .5s are worse in this regard, but what did we actually get out of America outside of the one Merlin cameo for example?. It honestly feels like straining a system that already was kinda flawed from the start.
    Last edited by Delastogos; August 5th, 2022 at 12:13 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Foreshadowing Matt's imminent demise and resolving one of the seven singularities.

- - - Updated - - -

That last one is more meaningful than a Lostbelt going boom because Observer on Timeless Temple had no .5s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3