View Poll Results: What should happen to the story after the Lostbelt Saga ends

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaldea's Story continues from part 2

19 35.85%
  • Chaldea's Story ends in Part 2 and a new story begins

34 64.15%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FGO part 3 story. Continue or new story?

マリーの味方
    wish granted: you receive your genshin impact-style tsukihime game instead

hey guys i just got the 5* black key weapon from the gacha, i'm going to try to build ciel. should i go for AGI or LUCK mystic codes?
    i've been grinding the altrogue weekly boss for 2 months and still don't have enough mats to max the seventh scripture skill. i think once i do i'll be able to beat castle brunestud 2.5 seconds faster

the new event where you make curry with cooking mama style gameplay looks really hype

I like it. That would be cool to see tbqh
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coggy View Post
    The biggest problem is there's no scenario you can be rid of Guda without making a brand new game, I think. Too many Servants are linked too closely to him, like Kama or Oberon, for that to work.
    As someone who did reak Ooku a month ago or so, how is Kama even linked to Guda?
    Oberon, yeah, probably would never let anyone else to summon him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    You mean Kadoc and Olga stay, right? Fujimaru is already on the 4th year of frequent death flags.
    I remember when Zabiko died.
    Still Lord of the Moon in the sequel lmfao.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what you're talking about, her separate in Melty is the best received she's ever been since part 1.
    She's same as Sieg, a female version of him someone may say. Good only as secondary character.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Tsukihime gacha: honestly, I don't understand the way it would work.
    Fate provides a framework of Servants you can summon, which allows to collect the characters as playable.

Taukihime? How would you explain rolling for Roa, Arcueid, church members etc. and them being together in the same team?
    It must have no story and be just a gacha then.

Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Fate provides a framework of Servants you can summon, which allows to collect the characters as playable.

Taukihime? How would you explain rolling for Roa, Arcueid, church members etc. and them being together in the same team?
    How do you think literally any other gacha works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post

Not rly, a lot of gacha release multiple versions of a character if they don't have enough chars, even when FGO having so many chars they still use this approach. You can have Summer Arc, Halloween Arc, Xmas Arc, Kimono Arc, Arc cosplaying Saber Arc, Loli Arc, Milf Arc, Yandere Arc...etc all are different units. Apply that to other chars. If you can't have 400 chars, have 20 alt versions of your existing 20 chars.

Another approach would be similar to that but in the form of costumes. Honkai Impact for example has like 20 characters but they have multiple costumes which change how the char is played and the aesthetics.

Also the characters aren't just the only thing you can monetize in gacha games. Things accompanying them are also valid, namely weapons and other type of gears. A weapon that is best in slot for a character (like Genshin does) will attract people to roll for it to make their char complete (or to catch up with the meta in games that have focus on chasing the ranking). Gotta get that specific version of the SSR Seventh Scripture to accompany your Flame element Ciel so she can fight that DAA raid boss.

後継者 Successor
    JP Friend Code
    PM me...
    I actually agree with anyone thinking FGO should end and FGO2 should something with higher production value. That's what I thought, eventually, FGO arcade would be, the start of creating resources for a bigger scale game, and with Sony owning Lasengle, and seeing that the Gacha model can work on a higher scale thanks to Genshin Impact, we could finally be getting the Fate MMO Type Moon wanting to create years ago.

As for the story itself, I would prefer we just start a new story in a new game, with some way to keep all of your servants, but that asking too much of a company that wants to make money off of it's Gacha (though a way to unlock some servants from the previous game's associated account using in game resources would be amazing) maybe years later Gudao/Gudako have either moved up in the ladder of the Chaldea Security Organization, Chaldea itself has moved up to a much more recognized state in world of Magecraft, and are tasked with another venture of saving the world, except we play as a new protagonist, but is granted some of resources from chaldeas records of Saint Graphs. This in turn would let you choose your first 3 servants, you having a much better pool to choose from at the start by having a link FGO1 account.

A lot of wishful thinking really.
    Last edited by Eriko; August 28th, 2022 at 06:39 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Cursed Content+TsukiRE
    Tohno Shiki, Nanaya Shiki, Kid Shiki, Mecha-Shiki, DEATH, Tatari Nanaya Shiki(At least 2 versions), Master Panda Nanaya Shiki, Half-Vampire Shiki, Executor Shiki, RoaNav-Shiki, Remake Nanaya Shiki, Remake Tohno Shiki, Remake Kid Shiki that's before the seasonal and costumes like Waiter Nanaya Shiki, Apron Shiki, and OG Shirt Shiki. Oh fuck.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post

Sometimes I wonder why I even try to keep track of this shit.
    And it turns out they lied! I fail to see the problem here.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    And the point of lying here was...?
    burn your dread you coward

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    And the point of lying here was...?
    How should I know? Point is, if it really played out the way it did then EoR wouldn't have even been a thing. And really, "their tasks complete"? Are we really so complacent as to think the protection of humanity is a one-and-done deal? It's an endless task by definition.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That happened after EOR though

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHsre View Post
    And really, "their tasks complete"? Are we really so complacent as to think the protection of humanity is a one-and-done deal? It's an endless task by definition.
    Chaldea was made for a not yet clarified, seemingly one-and-done hidden purpose. If they were taking the protection of humanity as an endless task, that's no longer Chaldea, it's the Atlas Institute. (A perfectly good choice of sequel protagonist organization, I'd dare say with how Sion knows pretty much everything about Chaldea's technology).

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    How should I know? Point is, if it really played out the way it did then EoR wouldn't have even been a thing. And really, "their tasks complete"? Are we really so complacent as to think the protection of humanity is a one-and-done deal? It's an endless task by definition.
    Here's where I wanted to get with that question: I don't think they lied, I think they forgot.
    As for tasks being complete, well yea, the task of restoring humanity was complete. Think about this, why weren't there any Servants already running around Chaldea when the game started? I would guess it's because they're summoned to do a thing, they do that thing, then off they go. If you need help again, get summoning again. That's how I took that line.

Obviously I knew it was bullshit, cuz no way jose the game would just throw the player's progress aside (especially when said progress might've potentially been partially aquired with real money). And regardless of what technically happened with the contracts, Da Vinci still copied all of the info over. She still had to do that. Whether they were suspended, or terminated and restarted again, Da Vinci still did that and there's nothing about it that wouldn't work with a new move somewhere else, especially if it's Sion, the master of speedrunning copy-paste.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Here's where I wanted to get with that question: I don't think they lied, I think they forgot.
    As for tasks being complete, well yea, the task of restoring humanity was complete. Think about this, why weren't there any Servants already running around Chaldea when the game started? I would guess it's because they're summoned to do a thing, they do that thing, then off they go. If you need help again, get summoning again. That's how I took that line.

Obviously I knew it was bullshit, cuz no way jose the game would just throw the player's progress aside (especially when said progress might've potentially been partially aquired with real money). And regardless of what technically happened with the contracts, Da Vinci still copied all of the info over. She still had to do that. Whether they were suspended, or terminated and restarted again, Da Vinci still did that and there's nothing about it that wouldn't work with a new move somewhere else, especially if it's Sion, the master of speedrunning copy-paste.
    While perhaps "lied" was extreme, I highly doubt that Nasu didn't do at least some planning with Part 2, given how in retrospect there were a bunch of hints about what would ultimately happen in it. Is he really the type of person who would forget something of that significance in his own work?

For your question "why weren't there any Servants already running around Chaldea when the game started?", I'm pretty sure the answer as to why there weren't any Servants in Chaldea at first is because their summoning system was barely working at all before Mash manifested her Demi-Servant powers (either that, or they were planning to do the summoning after Team A first Rayshifted into Singularity F- possibly both, my memory is somewhat fuzzy). And true, Sion might be able to do that...but that assumes she doesn't get killed off herself at the end. Even if she is a not-really-Dead Apostle, she's not indestructible and while she's on our side for now we don't know for certain what that plan of hers Rowan mentioned really is. (And let's not talk about the possibility of something more drastic, like an outright cosmic retcon of everything that's happened so far as in Sonic 2006.)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Chaldea was made for a not yet clarified, seemingly one-and-done hidden purpose. If they were taking the protection of humanity as an endless task, that's no longer Chaldea, it's the Atlas Institute. (A perfectly good choice of sequel protagonist organization, I'd dare say with how Sion knows pretty much everything about Chaldea's technology).
    Under Marisbury, perhaps.

But Marisbury is (as far as we know) dead and gone, and Chaldea is no longer under any obligation to follow his currently inscrutable goals any further. Granted, while Chaldea and Atlas have some overlap in their stated objectives they differ drastically in their methods (Atlas emphasizing alchemy specifically while Chaldea seems more general in its magecraft use, albeit with some focus on Heroic Spirit summoning), their willingness to integrate non-magi into their organization to the point that they've got contacts in the UN (and while I know Atlas employs individuals with few Magic Circuits, I don't think they've ever brought on anyone who flat-out doesn't have them), their specialization in the resolution of Singularities and other temporal matters, and of course the fact that the most dangerous thing Chaldea has ever produced (that we know of) is Mash's Dangerous Beast outfit. A merger between them seems like it would be an uneasy one at best, to say nothing of the fact that in many cases Atlas themselves are the greatest threat to humanity active at any given time.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Chaldea "ending" just seems like they'll switch bases and Atlas does seems like the best bet. Of course, the two are very different from each and while it would interesting to see the drama that would pop up because of their opposing ideologies, it would need to be a rather specific situation for Atlas to let the would be Chaldean survivors be a permanent fixture.

Under Marisbury, perhaps.

But Marisbury is (as far as we know) dead and gone, and Chaldea is no longer under any obligation to follow his currently inscrutable goals any further. Granted, while Chaldea and Atlas have some overlap in their stated objectives they differ drastically in their methods (Atlas emphasizing alchemy specifically while Chaldea seems more general in its magecraft use, albeit with some focus on Heroic Spirit summoning), their willingness to integrate non-magi into their organization to the point that they've got contacts in the UN (and while I know Atlas employs individuals with few Magic Circuits, I don't think they've ever brought on anyone who flat-out doesn't have them), their specialization in the resolution of Singularities and other temporal matters, and of course the fact that the most dangerous thing Chaldea has ever produced (that we know of) is Mash's Dangerous Beast outfit. A merger between them seems like it would be an uneasy one at best, to say nothing of the fact that in many cases Atlas themselves are the greatest threat to humanity active at any given time.
    Chaldea (under Romani's temporary leadership) only acted because it was confirmed that the world would end with the incineration plot, and Servants were summoned for this purpose. Once that task was taken care of (including the aftershocks that were EoR) the world was saved from immediate destruction and there was no way anyone could've known another future-dooming event on the same scale was going to unfold in just a few months. Of course they're not just going to have hundreds of Servants just sitting around "just in case" for the hell of it, when they're already under heavy investigation by both the UN and the Mage's Association for both using pretty much prohibited magic (at least without actual permission) but also for suspiciously being the only ones not affected by a year-long time gap. It's not exactly free to maintain all those Servants either. Had they known part 2 was gonna happen in-story your argument would make sense, but to the current Chaldea's POV, their task of protecting humanity absolutely had been fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Actually, we were promised 7 Lostbelts. Then after Olympus we were promised the same amount of main and side chapters (total) as we'd had until then. And now we're being gaslighted into thinking we were promised 2x that, and we're still waiting on the last third.
    Bit of a bygone discussion, but can you tell me where it was said we're waiting on the final third?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Do with it what you will. Point is Nasu's a coward (or addicted to writing).
    I remember one interview saying something about once part 2 ends that they'd loosen the belt and consider collabs with other IP but I'm pretty sure the fifth anni was pretty heavy on "there is really an end, trust me bro."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Yeah, the difference of Nasu's stance on that is night and day to the 7th anni one given he's thinking up a storm to see what the hell Part 3 is about.