Page 12 of 198 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Manhattan Project II

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ooooohhh... powerlevels. You know when you begin, but not when you'll end.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's the Association that chooses the Masters, unless there's a deficiency, then the Manhattan Project itself gets some people by forcing them to be Masters. Of course, none of this ensures that the people getting in are at all reliable or willing to fight for the original goals that the creators of the Manhattan Project II had in mind.

Powerlevels? Mmm... depends on how many familiar characters I bring into play, and how much attention you all pay to the Wiseups.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Powerlevels? Mmm... depends on how many familiar characters I bring into play, and how much attention you all pay to the Wiseups.
    Oh it'll happen. You can't stop it.
    Probably

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Eh, to be honest, never had a discussion on powerlevels from a fanfic.

It helps that we can ask the author. Probably.

Blog Entries
    There's a first time for everything! Especially if he includes canon Servants.
    Probably

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    There's a first time for everything! Especially if he includes canon Servants.
    Probably
    He included Alexander, and he isn't exactly like his canon counterpart.

Ok here we go: Boudicca vs Saber, in the middle of two armies clashing, and Saber has a spear.

/trollololololol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    He included Alexander, and he isn't exactly like his canon counterpart.

Ok here we go: Boudicca vs Saber, in the middle of two armies clashing, and Saber has a spear.

/trollololololol
    OKAY, I GOT THIS. Let's see.. usually in power level debates the first thing you do is disregard facts! So, Saber totally won't one shot Boudicca with a random spear. Second, Boudicca will totally not be rarin' to go and won't charge against Saber at full strength, because Boudicca totally likes the Romans, amirite? Thirdly, in her super calm state of mind Boudicca will easily come up with a cunning plan to fight Saber.

Alright, from these facts that I just horribly skewered, I can calmly and definitively say that the winner would be Boudicca.

coolface.jpeg

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    No because, you see, Saber burned down a ship that is bigger than a chariot now you have to picture how Saber would react in war-like scenario with Hannibal and Alexander and Hannibal summoned elephants that are fireproof so that if you launch the spear the wind that is the air that is the oxygen that is sucked from the men of Alexander's army burning alive would deviate the trajectory not necessary towards the chariot because it's smaller and so has small gravity attraction but you can't really use this example because pirates don't get along with gilgamesh and gilgamesh doesn't get along with saber so pirates don't get along with saber and sabers are just women and children but there are no children so they can't help oh well maybe the elephants could but after having watched dumbo I doubt they can be of any help and they make the situation worse so if boudicca is seeing pink elephants (on parade) she's screwed so blah blah blah saber would win.

I need to find an hobby (or better, starting studying for my exams).

Blog Entries
    I love you guys.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    You provide an interesting argument, but Boudicca's name starts with 'b', and bees are kind of like wasps, and wasps are just less badass hornets, and so Boudicca has the power to summon hornets and Saber doesn't have Hornet Repellant (A) so she doesn't stand a chance and will take heavy damage while trying to defend herself from the hornets that will no doubt also attack and kill James thus lowering her prana supply thus making her rather hungry thus weakening her even further because everyone knows a hungry Saber is a defeated Saber and so I must say I do believe that in almost all scenarios Boudicca wins.

Arguing over bullshit IS a hobby.

Love you too, Five_X.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I love you too Five_X, but my shining ass I am be able to do such a brainstorming again (at least for tonight). Boudicca comes from England and Saber is blond, so they are both wasps (white anglo-saxons protestants). And hungry saber is a problem only if it's Alter.

... going to bed guys, it's late as hell.

Blog Entries
    Well, with all that over with, the choice of (A) is locked in. I will write it up ASAPU!

Blog Entries
    Doing some research, I just learned something that makes one of the Servants veeeeery interesting. You'll see once I get to that point, but that's going to be a good while from now.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Random thought: until now we have seen only historical characters servants. There will be mythological heroes too?

Blog Entries
    Yes.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Hooray!

Blog Entries
    And in fact, to go with that, "Hooray!", there's a new update for you all!

In the deep depths of Fate/Stay Night fanfiction, there is... CHAPTER X.

------------------------

CHAPTER X

“Still, I think we should go back home. I don't want you to die on me; after all it seems as if that last battle really drained you.” James sighed, arguing with Saber as usual.

“Idiot! I do not need your protection at all! Come, we are leaving for... wherever you specified earlier. What was the name of that location, again?” Saber started marching southward, regardless of her Master's wishes.

James relented, following Saber reluctantly. “The Mall, that's the place I was talking about.”

From Georgetown it was only a rather small walk to the National Mall, where there would very possibly be Servants, as the long stretch of land made a good spot for intense battles. Still, James had to wonder what he and Saber would find there: allies, or enemies. He didn't expect Saber to wish for any more obligations to other Servants or Masters, so he worried that it would be the two of them against a whole roster of heroes that they couldn't possibly face. Currently they had met Alexander, Hannibal, Boudicca and some ship captain, leaving much room for the more famous heroes of history and legend. A part of him longed to see those heroes, as he loved the old myths as a child. History rarely held his interest, but those stories of grand men doing grander deeds fascinated him. But even if they were awe-inspiring figures that have whole interconnected mythical stories about them, they were still enemy Servants, and they would have to be defeated. Ultimately, James wondered if Saber, whose identity was still unknown, could face such legendary people.

As it appeared on the horizon, becoming clearer with each step, James pointed out to Saber the mighty Lincoln Memorial, built in the old classical style of Greece and Rome. At night it was lit up, a beacon of hope in this tumultuous decade, a symbol of freedom and those who fought and died for it. Saber let out a small gasp as she saw the structure, reminding her so much of her home, so far away in time and physical distance across the vast Earth.

Soon, the Washington Monument came into sight, it too lit up, and Saber was awed. It was a tall obelisk, seeming endless, as if it could stretch far into the sky like the Tower of Babel itself, cursing the gods themselves with its blasphemous height. In her time Saber had seen such great things, but few of them could match the one that loomed ahead, grandiose and all-powerful. She knew that she had to get closer to it, and see it in all of its glory, touching its smooth hewn stone, bringing her back to an age long past, too far removed. She had to know this person who was so great as to deserve a mighty tower of stone in their honour, and who was granted a temple for their accomplishments. Truly, they must be modern heroes in their own right, men or women who changed the world.

James walked alongside the starstruck Saber, smiling at her expression of complete reverence for the monuments that adorned the National Mall. He knew that she would find this place inspiring, but never knew to what extent it would affect her.

What went on beside the mighty structures brought Saber immediately back to reality and the present. She and James both saw a single man, armoured as a warrior of days long past, engaged in battle with two other Servants, both similarly armed and armoured as he, and all of the combatants bathed in white, glowing light meant to illuminate the Lincoln Memorial. There was no question as to whom the battle was in favour of, as the single Servant was being consistently pushed back, having to constantly readjust his position and footing to avoid his enemies gaining too much of an advantage over him and killing him outright. It could easily be seen, as Saber and James came closer to the fight, that the man was ragged and worn out, fighting at half strength, his blows being lashed out with nary the power of a true hero.

At first, Saber scoffed and wished to leave the man to his fate and take advantage of the other two who would be tired from fighting, but then something caught her eye. She felt a strange, faint connection to the ragged Servant, a twinge of empathy as he fought his sad battle, his only support being an occasional hail of arrows. Almost unconsciously, she walked ever forward, gaining momentum, heading straight for the battle, preparing to fight as if it were her own life at stake.

There was little James could do besides use his command spell, but he didn't want to waste it. No, there was a chance that Saber could win this fight. He believed her instincts as a Servant, and watched from afar as she joined the fray, changing the entire dynamic of the situation.

The two opposing Servants had no idea that Saber was approaching until it was two late. Against them she was like a bullet speeding towards its target, rushing ever forward until the first, brutal contact. From afar their movements were all nearly too fast to be comprehended by the naked eye, appearing merely as bright lights thrashing in the darkness. Saber aided the weakened Servant, with him pushing back the other two until they were out of James' sight. However, this so-called victory seemed to him to be more of a foe's tactical retreat than their defeat. They were gone, though, and for the moment, that was all that mattered. With the battle over, James could rejoin Saber and meet this new Servant, who had somehow attracted such a cold person to fight on his side without question.

“Ah!” Saber said, noticing the arrival of James, under the light of a lamppost. “There is my Master, who was spectating the battle. We journeyed here from an island to the north, where I had an encounter with a notably hostile Servant Archer.”

The man Saber was talking to, still looking beaten up from the recent heavy fighting, pondered her words. “Is he a good Master?”

Saber looked over at James who was fast approaching. “He is acceptable.” She said, looking more at James than the Servant in front of her.

“In any case, why did you aid me, there? I see that you are without question a Roman, but from whose family do you claim lineage?” The man was surprisingly short, but had an honest cast to his face, and wore armour hardened from what seemed like nearly endless battle.

“Whose lineage?” Saber exclaimed incredulously. She knew who this man was, without a doubt, merely upon seeing him. “I am descended from none but yourself, Aeneas of Troy!”

He cracked a smile. “So you know who I am? As heartening as it may be to know that there are more in this conflict that share my blood, it is nothing notable. Nearly all famous Romans owe their heritage to me, Aeneas, blessed of the gods and mortal son of Aphrodite. Be they Romulus, Remus, Scipio or Sulla, they all are my children, great men of Rome – and, perhaps, women as well.”

“You do not know me, though? Your knowledge of later Roman history must not be as complete as you may believe.” Saber assured Aeneas of her fame, but regardless, he seemed to not at all be able to perceive her identity. At this point, hiding her true name almost seemed annoying for her.

“I am sorry, but you do not seem to be anyone I would have knowledge of. I apologize if you truly are the grand figure you claim to be, but for now, let us aid each other in this currently ongoing set of battles, here in this National Mall as it is known.” Aeneas led Saber as well as James out of the open space of the Mall into the more secluded area inside the Lincoln Memorial, where yet more Masters and their Servants were waiting.

James nudged Saber slightly. “Do you have any idea of who these guys-” He noticed a woman with a bow leaning against a wall- “er, and a girl, well, do you know them?”

Unsure herself, Saber looked about the Memorial. “As I can tell, there is Aeneas, and... Romulus and Remus! Incredible... though the two others I am not sure of. The one bound in chains could be anyone, though he is more than likely of the Berserker class if he has to be restrained in such a way. The woman with the bow is obviously an Archer, perhaps a legendary Amazon or some famous figure such as that. I am not entirely sure at all in this case.”

Just as she said, in one corner of the room, chained to the walls with heavy grey bonds was a large man, taller than most, whose eyes seethed with inhuman rage, and his hands clenched his sword and shield at all times, gripping them hard enough to snap them in two if they were not sufficiently magical. The Archer, away from the rest of the group, was beside a woman who was likely her Master, and with her distant gaze and calm grasp on her bow seemed aloof and ready for combat. To stop these Servants, there must have been incredible opposition.

Naturally, it was Aeneas who gave an explanation of their predicament to James and Saber.

“Coming from the East, near a great domed building beyond the obelisk, are three Servants. Of them I have only seen two: a man with a spear and great shield, fighting evasively, and another with a sword who charges seemingly without any care for his life. The third has been seen from afar, but has not made a move. Therefore, we must watch him with suspicion, lest he take us by surprise. Your arrival is fortuitous: I had planned on convincing Berserker's Master to unleash his Servant, but as it stands now, we do not need such a... destructive ally.” Aeneas pointed out of the Lincoln Memorial, towards the Capitol Building, far off in the distance. Even with the lights all around it, it was difficult to see more than the tall dome.

Saber nodded, understanding Aeneas' situation. “So, then, when will we attack? Personally, I would suggest we at first retaliate to their next assault, then push them back to their own side of the Mall with a splendid offence.”

James had heard enough, and left Saber's side to sate his curiosity as to the other Masters in the Memorial. First, he wanted to talk with the Master of Romulus and Remus, an unusual Servant pair, instead of just one person. Their Master was sitting lazily cross-legged on the ground beside them, his back against a stone wall of the Memorial. He had worn-out, dirtied clothes, and his hair was messed up and flecked with dirt. His face was long and he wore a frown, all accentuating the bags under his eyes. He looked up almost forlornly as James neared him.

“They're useless. So, stupidly useless.” Was his response when James asked him what his Servants were like. “I wish I had summoned a better one, er, two, you know?”

In this case, James couldn't really complain. He hadn't yet seen his Servant in many battles, but she seemed powerful enough. “

“And even you summoned this pretty girl, I just have two kids who keep bickering with each other, it lost its amusement after the first day.” He sighed, hanging his head. “I'm Filippo, by the way, representative of Italy. My Servants are both Caster, and again, they're useless. Pity me, please.” James had a feeling that while this man was at least a little depressed, his tone made it obvious that he wasn't often serious.

James held back a laugh. “Alright, alright. I'm James, and that girl, yeah, she's my Servant, a Saber actually.” That only made Filippo feel worse, burying his face in his hands and muttering something about Italians never having good luck.

“Surely they can do something, right?” James said, trying to make Filippo feel better.

The Italian man gave a sharp shake of his head. “All they do is keep up a boundary field here so that nobody notices us, and even then I have to help them with it. How, how the hell did they get summoned as Casters?”

Nodding, James left him to his thoughts and went to speak with the other Masters in the Memorial, wanting to try to understand their mindsets compared to his own. At this point he, like Saber, didn't want any more alliances, though with the manner in which she was speaking to Aeneas, she seemed infatuated with helping the hero, conversing with him at length on matters that had little or no relation to the battles to come.

------------------------

Poor Filippo: two crappy Servants in one.

Also, le gasp! Is this Aeneas trying to steal James' girl? At least, that's what the ending seemed to me. Hell, I might even write that in!

Blog Entries
    Aeneas, mmmmm, nice. Hmmmm... very classical era right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, you'll learn what's really up in the next chapter.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    SABER IS JULIUS CAESAR.

JULIUS, FROM THE GENS IULIA, DESCENDANT OF IULO, SON OF AENEAS.

*clap clap clap*

*glare of disappointment*