Page 108 of 198 FirstFirst ... 85898103106107108109110113118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3941

Thread: The Manhattan Project II

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexander is the ridiculously sexy guy. Sigurd is the hardass Germanic warrior dude. I thought of using that one for Sigurd... but it just fit Alex so much better, in the end.

And yes, those two unknowns are future characters. And the second one actually does have blue hair in the fic! You'll find out why later... I'll say now that's he's a pretty high-tier guy, though.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    And the second one actually does have blue hair in the fic!
    A Heroic Spirit with blue hair? o_o?

Blog Entries
    Yep. Makes an odd amount of sense, in context with his myth.

He's also one of the trickier Servants, ability-wise. Reminds me of Lancelot, in a way.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ok I searched for heroes with blue hairs. Look what I found.

From wikipedia:

Many colored pictorials from the Anglo-Saxon tribes after the departure of Roman troops feature women with blue hair.
    !?!?

In some works by Homer, characters are said to have dark blue (kyaneos) hair or eyebrows when they are angry or in an emotionally intense state.
    ... Super Sayan?

Odysseus' beard became black blue when he was transformed by Athena upon returning home to confront his wife's suitors.
    !?

Blog Entries
    Odysseus: My hair burns with the fury of a blue flame! Take this-!

ITHHHH... AAAAAAAAAA....

-CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Awww. The best part of Odysseus is outsmarting people and laughing.....

Blog Entries
    brb, reworking Oddy's NPs to make him a Super Mycenaean.

Blog Entries
    El Cid is good, holy shit lol Sigurd, Alexander looks at least more realistic than his 0 version but also more wussy (also dude what's with the snake), and I knew it was Lu Bu.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    El Cid is good, holy shit lol Sigurd, Alexander looks at least more realistic than his 0 version but also more wussy (also dude what's with the snake), and I knew it was Lu Bu.
    The snake is his penis. Or, it's one of his mom's orgy snakes, or whatever.

Also, you and your Lu Bu. :P

Blog Entries
    Get on chat.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Just an amusing fanfic idea that's been bounding in my head for a good while now.

------------------------------

The man himself - Jubstacheit von Einzbern - stood at the head of the grand chapel, his eyes showing an apparently cool contemplation. Not even the quiver of a frown could be seen, though the words just spoken to him could be seen as insubordination:

"Sir, I'm afraid a knight isn't going to work with me." Kiritsugu Emiya stated the simple truth, his hands out of the pockets of his black trench coat only to show some meagre respect. "I appreciate the effort you've put into excavating this artifact, but it can hang in a museum for all it's worth to me. Get me a Servant that won't despise the way I operate. Then we can have a deal."

Acht, looking up towards the bright, icy ceiling of the chapel. In the wintry air that pervaded the place his breath came out as grey condensation, and he turned his eyes back on the magus killer before him.

No emotion could be seen on his face as he said, "Kiritsugu, I have entrusted to you my daughter and a relic from times long past. Why do you wish to press your fortunes so?"

But, Kiritsugu himself showed just as little feeling; so few smiles or frowns had creased his lips that his skin was quite free of any wrinkles, though the heavy bags under his eyes and the disarray of his hair told another tale of his life.

He stared back at the old man, matching his gaze with one with just as much cold determination. "A knight like Arthur will only get in my way with chivalry and codes of honour. If you want to grant me a hero, then make it one who can agree with my methods, if not necessarily offer any input." Perhaps a look of pleading slipped into his eyes. If anything, Kiritsugu wished for victory above all things, and at any cost. There was nothing he wouldn't give to achieve his ultimate goal, and he would never accept some hero who would stand in his path towards that.

"Should I have you summon a Berserker, then, and be on your way?" For the first time, genuine doubt surfaced in Acht's voice, but it was not doubt of his own abilities. The very act of the Einzbern family accepting a foreign magus such as Kiritsugu was nearly heresy for the family. Having him dictate their affairs was simply unnacceptable.

"You wanted power." Kiritsugu shrugged. "But a Berserker couldn't follow orders the way I would need it to. The way we would need it to." Putting his hands in his pockets, he took in a deep breath reminiscent of a long drag on a cigarette. This place was cold, made his mind feel numb. He began to pace a little, left and right, to keep himself steady.

He stopped, after some thinking, and then turned back to Acht, eyeing the man with a new determination. "A compromise, then: you find me the most powerful Saber you can, so long as it isn't a knight. That's all I'm going to ask."

There was a long pause as Acht weighed his own options. He never appreciated being bargained with like this, but he had to admit that Kiritsugu had a point. Acht himself had gone over the man's dossier, and had seen just what he had done in the past to achieve his goals: the man had destroyed a passenger jet to eliminate a single target, had been dropped into warzones to strike deep at a name on a list, a mere contract he was obligated to kill with utmost precision. A person like that, Acht knew, could never be accepted by a knight. Where pragmatism and honour clashed, no loyalty could be found. Without that necessary loyalty, no victory could be had.

"I accept." The aged head of the Einzberns spoke at last, saying no more than he needed to.

Kiritsugu nodded, and checked his watch. "Alright. We have a few months left, now, until the war begins. I hope your research and exploration pay off for me." Keeping the relic from Cornwall would be the best side-option, he judged, in case a replacement couldn't be found. Of course, with the strength and wealth of a family like the venerable Einzberns of Germany, finding a new relic for the future Servant summoning shouldn't have been difficult.

-- --

In the chapel again, Kiritsugu had been summoned to meet with the head of the Einzbern family. He stood, imposing as an ancient statue, at the altar of the chapel, his hands pressed to the edges of a dais. Atop that dais lay a package wreathed in cloth: a wooden box, simply constructed and looking as though it could splinter apart if dropped on the heavy marble floor of the chapel.

"This is it?" Kiritsugu gestured towards the box, looking it over casually. He was dressed much the same as he had been a month ago; perhaps there was a bit more stubble lining his chin, but it didn't matter to him. Today was the day he would receive a new artifact, so he believed. Was this something famous? Something old? He knew not. Yet, mystery and surprise had died out for him long ago, and those emotions were associated only with fear and pain. Even now, as he looked upon the package having its brown cloth covering be slowly wound away to reveal the box in its entirety.

Acht merely nodded at Kiritsugu's words, and he gently opened up the package to reveal what had been so long coming here:

Folded neatly was an old, dry robe coloured a still-bright purple, and the cloth itself was silken and smooth to the touch. Yet, not all about it was regal and fine: there were ragged cuts and old brown blood stains along the edges and the centre. These were not the wrappings of someone gently buried; they were the clothes worn by someone who had, at some point, met their untimely end.

The name spoken to Kiritsugu, the identity of this so-called hero, brought a curious wrinkle to his brow.

------------------------------

After watching this season of F/Z, I couldn't help but come up with this idea. :S

Blog Entries
    Fivexxxxx 01:32:19
    It's too late to start writing now, though.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One

...... so?

Blog Entries
    Nah, I'm just giving him grief.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    No, I meant... what about the snippet? What is it supposed to mean?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    No, I meant... what about the snippet? What is it supposed to mean?
    Use yer head, Sherrin. What do you think? There are some good hints just by this being in the MPII thread. :P

You really are a robot!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Your low-level, illogical carbon-based thoughts are a challenge to my superior silicon-based mind.

/ joking, of course.

Btw, I should say I don't remember every catalyst used in MPII. ... Caesarko?

Blog Entries
    Well, there were no catalysts used in MPII for the most part (El Cid's summoning was an exception), but yes. It's Caesarko. Purple, bloodstained toga and all.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ah.

Well, I don't know if he made a better choice. Sure, Caesarko isn't all HOONOOOOR and CHIVALRYYYY like Arturia, but still, would she find Kiritsugu's tactics... acceptable?

(Not to mention her relantionship with/against Diarmuid. Eeww.)

Blog Entries
    I think the main differences in the relationship between Caesarko and Kiritsugu to the canon norm is the loss of chivalry and the addition of Caesarko being much more arrogant and intelligent. Although she understands her obligation to Kiritsugu, she wouldn't just stand there while he's doing all this crap.

And with Diarmuid, she might want to have sex with him, but more importantly would see it amusing to toy with his honour and eventually kill him.