Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Archetype:Earth F/GO voice lines

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gotta have be biggest number of lines to go together with her longest profile yet.

Nothing new for Nasu. Taigong Wang vs Koyan of Darkness lines was one of the more egregious cases

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Ok Godrick

Just take my knees since i couldnt kneel hard enough

This does give lots of stuff to think about. Thank you for your hard work Petri. Much appreciated!
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Could it be that Type is the shortened version of Archetype? From all that stuff I get the impression ultimate/original one, planet's soul and archetype are roughly the same thing and Archetype is not a lesser form of Type as a concept.
    Because they are clearly referring to アーキタイプ/原型 as being the most primordial thing there could be on a planet.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Doesn't archetype earth basically confirms that void shiki is connected to the root rather then being the root itself?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    What the fuck a 2022 Kyte post.
    I briefly debated whether or not to post and chose yes 'cause I figured I could get a funny reaction.

Also the post itself was very good.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Thanks for the translation, Petri!

Things like internet magecraft,
    This refers to stuff like what Celenike was doing, right?

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, bringer of the flame of light, I bow before thee...

Serious note, thanks for the magnificent translation. All I understood before this is Arc's line about saber shiki and her being appalled at shiki swinging her sword.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Gonna put this here since it's about her flower. I thought it was a bit interesting but the Marguerite flower has some meanings attached. A lot actually but some tidbits are that it's been used in love-fortune telling since ancient times. Since they often have an odd number of petals though, if you start with like(as in the 'they like me, they don't like me, etc' game) you're likely to get a good fortune so it's considered a flower that supports the confession of love. Some of the meanings are Secret Love, True Love, "Don't forget Me", Sweet Memories, a relation to Artemis's legend and as a symbol of purity, innocence, fidelity, faithfulness, trust and sincerity.

Does anyone else think the same here? I thought it was obvious that Asc1 is just your normal Archetype Earth but im legit confused where this come from

During Valentine's scene, she says-” As my father planned, I am the true ancestor of the royal family who spent thousands of years without encountering any kind of destiny. An “(IF”(Correct Answer) that doesn't exist in Pan-Human History. Although I'm a princess of a deserted castle with no subjects or people…"

This, to me, indicates a few things. Firstly, she met nobody, as she “spent thousands of years without encountering any kind of destiny”. Meeting with both Roa and Shiki would happen much earlier. Arc is born in the 12th century, while even remake happen in 2011- not even one millennium.

Moreover, she references her Father's will. As we know from Kagetsu Tohya, Crimson Moon wants her to spend time alone until she loses her individuality. Finally, she is that doesn't exist in Pan-Human History.

So I think that the True Ancestor Arcuied (Accession 1) we have in FGO is not the same as the one that eventually became Tsukihime Arcuied. There was no meeting with anybody, she grew exactly like Crimson Moon wished (something that doesn't apply to Tsukihime Arcuied), and she couldn't exist in PHH- something normal Arcuied can do.

Regarding the last part, the one with whom Roa speaks in the dream we see in Kagetsu Tohya is Crimson Moon, even so he looks like True Ancestor Arcuied. Roa references his method of reincarnation (something Arcuied doesn't have) and battle with Zelretch (something Arcuied never had). He also speaks about Arcuied as a different entity. The one Shiki encounters in Kagetsu Tohya is the same. More precisely, it seems to be a… “Bud” of Crimson Moon that would… "bloom" into true Type when Arcuied would lose her personality.

The one in Melty Blood and FGO seem different as she references Crimson Moon as her father (separate entity), while the one from Kagetsu Tohya sees herself as Crimson Moon
    Did i miss something?

Nah you're very much correct in thinking that. It's always annoying to see people being so confident in their ignorance. AE has always been referred to as Crimson Moon as well, same as KT. The person also didn't play MBAACC either given AE does in fact refer to CM as her father in the epilogue.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

The gaslighting this days are getting better ngl

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a common thing for avatars to refer to their originators as themselves or their parent interchangeably. See Ibukidouji in Remnant DLC for the most recent example imaginable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Arc's princess/CM aspect represents both the future and past in the form of a possibility and the archetype(ideal image) of the vessel. AE should develop into this image and follow CM's purpose(And plan for humanity) barring her fateful encounter opening a new possibility. You can see this dual representation with her line about there being something she won't be able to disregard in the past or perhaps the future(Shiki) as well as other comments. As Dartz/Comun have mentioned, the way they refer to themselves isn't peculiar as Arc is both the incarnation of CM and her own individual. We see her get called CM even and that's noted to be the aspect of herself that arises when she's talking to DAA in MB. In both KT's dream and MB she's also exactly the same. Her line about how she does not yet have a name likely refers to KT when Shiki starts calling her Arc so I wouldn't try and think in a linear chronological manner with Arc and time and dreams.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    It's a common thing for avatars to refer to their originators as themselves or their parent interchangeably. See Ibukidouji in Remnant DLC for the most recent example imaginable.
    I don't think it's quite the same thing. Hime and CM aren't just going by the same name, they're basically the same individual. Once you strip the Arcueid vessel of the Arcueid persona, the Crimson Moon directive, as it is likened to, should take over.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Hime and CM aren't just going by the same name
    That's the opposite of what I said. Amaterasu and Tamamo have the same soul (well, the original vs a split piece) on different bodies but they don't go by the same name at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, gee, how else was I supposed to interpret "refer to each other interchangeably"!
    Last edited by Petrikow; February 10th, 2024 at 08:55 PM.