Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Arctic Summer World ~ Chaldea's Midsummer Tour of the Enchanted Park (Summer 2022)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    By this logic last year's SSRs were also wasted slots. S.Okitan is a straightforward kit+meh compared to Muramasa with DCS and S.Kama is just a Spishtar sidegrade.

If innovative or newly impactful kits were the requirement, our last gimmicks were the skill rank up on Kiara and card lock on BB.
    Sleep debuff debuted with Summer Abigail, and Bunnytoria can shuffle cards, something that otherwise only a single mystic code in the game can do. I may be wrong, but i think Summer Martha was the first servant to ever care about terrain. With 3 SSR units, you would think they could cook up something that wasn't done before, or at least iterate on something relatively fresh, like star count matters(Jane does it, so they certainly have the technology), or field change like Arc, or anything else really.

Edit: Turns out the first servant that cared about terrain was actually Gawain. In my defense, the release of Camelot and Summer 1 are separated in the span of weeks. Also, back them it was still considered an original gimmick.
    Last edited by VendingMachine; August 15th, 2022 at 12:43 PM.

That'd be a nice addition to other effects, but it wouldn't solve any of its basic issues by itself. It also becomes useless for ST other than like... Jack, Okita, and Kama, I think? And even then it'd require them to quick brave chain to get any benefit, so you'd also need some way to secure specific face cards.

JP Friend Code
    Well, Lasagna has always been afraid of shaking things up. I mean, a year later we still have only one True Invulnerability user.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    Well, Lasagna has always been afraid of shaking things up. I mean, a year later we still have only one True Invulnerability user.
    The number of True Invulnerability users should be zero. One was a mistake, more than one would be absolutely foolish.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow, Ibuki has a really cool NP sequence

- - - Updated - - -

i always was interested of the Kulis, and was disappointed that the Wu Zetian material has not much of their info
    im glad that they got a little bitmore exposed here
    hoping to see something on adultWu profile about them more
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quick got screwed over when they added its main gimmick (generating stars) to other effects. Why even use Quick when you can drop a MLB 2030 and a 15 per turn star gen skill?

So they tried to turn it into NP gain, but oops that's Arts' niche. Quick generates stars that you would use for Arts or Buster Crits, it was never designed to be an offensive powerhouse or NP looping.

And Skadi's kit kind of supports that theory; she has a 3T star gen skill, but also a Buster Star Absorb. She supports Quick but only as a means to get stars to hit with Buster Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine View Post
    Sleep debuff debuted with Summer Abigail, and Bunnytoria can shuffle cards, something that otherwise only a single mystic code in the game can do.
    Both gimmicks don't really contribute much in those Servants too, so having something new doesn't really equal to making the Servant good. If anything, because it's the first time they added them they have no idea how to properly implement them, so most of the times they end up being underwhelming until they fix them.

Tbh the best requirement for a Summer Servant to have in gameplay terms is that, assuming they will never get an update, they can still be a really good option for CQs or farming, even after 1 year since release. I know that Summer Servants get upgrades, but they are so rare compared to normal Servants that you may be waiting for years to get one. If they already start with solid kits that don't make me wish for a SQ to fix them then this is all I can ask.

Heck, I love Ruler Artoria, it's my favorite Ruler in the game, but her abysmal attack stat makes me wish for an NP upgrade that is still not happening, and the change in her shuffle skill didn't really improve her that much, I still have some times in which the shuffle does nothing at all (and seriously, 1 turn 30% NP gain up, bloody serious Lasagne?).
    Last edited by Oz1337; August 15th, 2022 at 01:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    wow Rune Magic had just insulted me and my entire profession XD

- - - Updated - - -

WOW WAIT SKADI SUMMER IS KINDA GREAT WITH LANCELOT

JP Friend Code
    I don't know why people think summer servants will never get upgraded though? That stigma was broken a while ago, and sure, if a servant is weak and underperforming, buff them. But the risk of it not being meta shouldn't stifle creativity: you need Edisons, Jekylls and Abigails to get Himikos, Melusines and Oberons. And it is not like a gimmick servant can't be strong on the get-go: look at S.Kiara or Bazett, for example.

Heck, the whole support meta on FGO started from the most gimmicky release SSR of all: Waver.
    Last edited by VendingMachine; August 15th, 2022 at 02:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    man im missing so much context about Ibuki Douji that

Spoiler:
    her being the main culprit kinda just makes me tilt my head

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post

Spoiler:
    Don't worry, context will literally not help in anyway because I've yet to see a single person who saw this coming

I stopped reading yesterday. Looking at that spoiler, I'll just wait to see if someone thinks I made a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post

Spoiler:
    I was (and still am) just annoyed that we couldn't find BB there. We promised to see her and everything- is it just because it wasn't really ServaFes?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Do you really want BB to be the antagonist for the third time?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, please.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I wish BB would just take over FGO in general

I'm always up for BB appearing more. I enjoyed her appearance in the last Grail War, but I wouldn't mind her appearing again (and IIRC she kinda teased another appearance unless that was a joke).

JP Friend Code
    Ah yes, if I remembered, Kanou promised to add Quick savior next year, no?

Summer Skadi is a fun switch in unit, that's for sure. The winner this time around is Ibuki and Erice it seems

I think he just said a rework of the Quick system by the 8th anniversary, which we technically got this year. Right?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I can't believe Shieru is in this event. Who knows she might be the news year servant or eventually the soon TM tsuki collab.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.