Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Arctic Summer World ~ Chaldea's Midsummer Tour of the Enchanted Park (Summer 2022)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    event CE has 100% damage boost and 30% NP (200% damage and 50% NP) so use them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This Node is unprecedented.

It can be farmed using Castoria/Castoria/Girlin/<insert powerful ST Arts Saber>

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    she is Ortlinde's alternate costume.
    Alright, thanks.

Now to hunt for the other two Valkyries on support...

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    This Node is unprecedented.

It can be farmed using Castoria/Castoria/Girlin/<insert powerful ST Arts Saber>
    My Nero Bride questions how many caveats this statement holds.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    whats an acceptable replacement for one of the castoria and girlin

i guess ill have to experiment
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    whats an acceptable replacement for one of the castoria and girlin

i guess ill have to experiment
    Depending on which ST Saber you use (ie: do you need more damage or NP regen, what their NP level and damage output is, etc.), likely either Nero Bride, Paraclesus, or Tamamo would work as a sub.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Saito is pretty good, but he's limited sadly.
    Last edited by Delastogos; August 16th, 2022 at 09:24 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    My Nero Bride questions how many caveats this statement holds.
    I did say powerful.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Depending on which ST Saber you use (ie: do you need more damage or NP regen, what their NP level and damage output is, etc.), likely either Nero Bride, Paraclesus, or Tamamo would work as a sub.
    my best ST Saber is Lancelot (hehe) NP3, also lvl 100
    and lmaooooo Diarmuid NP4 if I can Quick this
    and i guess hokusai? somehow i actually did have her
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I did say powerful.
    Pretty sure she hits just as hard as any other ST Saber (minus any that get an extra damage modifier against a trait or the like), she just only has two hits so her refund is garbo.

It's easy to farm. Doing it 6 CE - not the Barghest one - is the tricky part.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coggy View Post
    Finally started the event proper, the fact there's a news reel at the top is fucking hilarious. I hope all of these show up on AA or the wiki eventually so I can take a better look
    I've seen some translated on Reddit. I like the one where Niktich and the Koyanskayas visit the garden- you can see chibi versions of them on the map and everything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    It's easy to farm. Doing it 6 CE - not the Barghest one - is the tricky part.
    is it really worth it tho?

Just do it with 5 CEs, the requirements are so strict that it's really not worth it doing it with 6 CEs.

I need to try later if I stick with my NP5 Saberlot or NP3 Dioscuri, Saberlot is already Bond 10 and I would rather prioritize Servants that aren't yet, but damage is obviously the issue here.
    Last edited by Oz1337; August 16th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries

if you get 2 Saber cards turn 3 you win
    if only 1 then non lb CE is not enough
    but there is enough refund even with non lb CE and this is np1 appended lvl90 Saber

My strongest ST saber is hokusai… would that work, I wonder…

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friendly View Post
    My strongest ST saber is hokusai… would that work, I wonder…
    she needs W Castoria and extra 50% battery support. Oberon is the best choice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Section 7: Le Grondement de la Haineland of Crunch Hell

Time for another lottery, the last one, since they'll be able to get to the tower on foot after this. Ortlinde pulls the short end of the stick and remains on the ship. She asks Rindr to share any information through their network, to which Rindr giggles: Ortlinde is the same as ever. Ibuki gets curious about the Valkyries, to which Wu explains them for her. Yan Qing notes internally that its not like she didn't know, but hadn't really cared about it until now. A very divine kind of view-point. Ibuki looks at him and wonder what he's thinking about. This terrifies Yan Qing for some reason. She's on a whole another level.

You get down from the ship, immediately greeted by the sixth area's manager: Jeanne Alter (in her swimsuit). Her area is a mini-ServaFes. Here you can draw manga! Write novels! Experience crunch hell! And experience crunch hell! It's halfways just hell... That's right!! Whatever the case, the actual systems of this area are in great order. It is however, a bit special. You have to earn your sales on your own here. Now, go draw some manga!

You ask if Alter is alright, it kinda looks like she's got dark circles around her eyes... She's totally fine, just about to be done! You have a feeling that's not quite true. She almost wants to use fortune-telling to see if she's gonna make. Out of the corner pops Skadi, seemingly intrigued by the word 'fortune-telling'. Anyway, the point is you have to make manga. Or write novels, or do photo-collections. Alter says she'll take a day out of her busy schedule to help you get the hang of it--

Skadi breaks in again: manga, is it? Now, you finally react to her presence. Rindr is especially shocked. Weren't she supposed to be resting?! The background fades out strangely, as you focus in on Skadi's lips: I Am Fine. What was that? Right, no worries, as you can see, she's totally fine, permission from the nurse to come and all. You're all a bit unsure, and at least make her promise to say something if she's feeling bad. About the manga, she'll just use some runes and it'll be fine. There, Skadi casts some runes, now she can draw. Really? Really.

By the way, where did Ibuki go off to? Gareth says she went of into the crowd to look at something. Anyway, Skadi is going to draw, right? Alter is doubtful about the runes actually letting her do that, but Skadi effortlessly produces a storyboard. Alter grabs you by the neck, demanding you explain how the hell that works. Lady Avalon laughs: seems this area's gonna be easy. What story is she planning on drawing? Well, once upon a time, long, long ago...

In a world known as Enchromia, evil there was none, though fight there still was. Though with pity; without love. None knows how it came to be so. Nevertheless, in the year 1000, battle unfolded between the humans and giants. For why do they hate each other? For why can they not empathize with each other? Without understanding, they deny one another. Yet, fortune would grant them a chance: the chieftains of both chose to end their prolonged destiny. As proof of their peace, they exchanged brides. The chosen sacrifices. However, between the two factions stood a wall. Would the couples be able to cross the walls, and restore the peace?

---

Anyway, that's the story: what do you think? Gareth is excited while Alter look on suspiciously: Skadi didn't come up with that one on the fly. Well anyway, the next ServaFes is soon, you can see this as a practice. Get going with that book. They have to sell if they wanna get past this area, no? Mashu, still in Chaldea, is a bit sad at not being able to perform her assistant duties. As you walk off, Alter notes that the story Skadi had was interesting... but super dangerous.

You arrive in a room that looks exactly like the one in Luluhawa. Time to get drawing then. Yan Qing will help with the backgrounds. Gareth has experience, anything works with her! Or maybe that was saying too much, she's basically a newbie: she can help with the storyboards. Erice can go out buying stuff, she guesses? Rindr can act as an assistant. Wu can draw props for the backgrounds. You'll do whatever else is needed. Seems everyone's got a role, let's go! And so, the battle against manga began.

--- [Battle against <Storyboard Completion + Inking Completion + Background and Miscellany Completion + Unexpected Pitfall?>] ---

There, complete! Everyone is amazed by the result. Even using runes, you wouldn't except it to be this good. Skadi blushes. Her story is one of romance and fantasy intermixed, while also taclking some heavy societal problems. The thematic core of the story skillfully incorporated into the emotional beats. Everyone talks about their favorite parts, like when the human groom and giant bride talked, backs against each other, or when the human bride went out to protect to giant groom. Yan Qing liked the intro where they decided the 'sacrifices', it was very thought-provoking.

This one's gonna be seller! Let's get talking to Jeanne Alter. On your way, you meet up with Ibuki. She relays that Alter is the middle of crunch, and has had someone else substitute for her. Ibuki runs off, so it wasn't her. The normal Jeanne greets you. You hand over the manuscript: "The Silent Tears of Enchromia". Skadi gets so nervous while Jeanne reads it through that she starts shaking. Tres Bien, says Jeanne. This'll make for a great manga, no doubt. She feels honored to even have seen it. Leave the printing to her.

Jeanne Alter arrives, stumbling forward, handing over her own manuscript as well. Jeanne asks if she wants to read Skadi's manuscript as well, but Alter declines. She needs time to prepare herself with reading that thing. You wonder why, and she says its for your sake. Just you wait, you'll see what you've created soon enough. Back at the hotel Skadi wonders what Alter thought was wrong with her manga. Nobody else is quite sure either. But Skadi should be more confident, it'll be fine!

Elsewhere, Yan Qing approaches Ibuki to ask about her thoughts. Ibuki thought it proved a good reference-manual: it's probably interesting! This god sure says some scary stuff sometimes... Ibuki would really like to see the sequel!

---

And so, Skadi's "The Silent Tears of Enchromia" finished selling. Selling, a lot. Jeanne congratulates Skadi on the success. She's gonna get a reprint. Oh, and here are some fan-letters. The first one is from Blackbeard who was entranced by the romance of the couple. Also, when's the sequel? Osakabehime letter stutters forth some praise. She really loved the scene where the human groom cried as he lied he'd forget about the bride after she died, which was easily seen through by her: then, let's not die, after all. Also, sequel when? Next is Abby, who wonders about the unresolved plot points with the bomb... is that gonna be in the sequel? Helena sends in some of her speculation and theorycrafting, well, it'll be resolved in the sequel, right?

There are tons of more letters from the animals, but they're mostly footprints, not letters... So, given the popularity and success of this first volume, Jeanne wants to know when she can expect the sequel. Skadi happily replies she can get going right away. Jeanne is overjoyed: she'll look forward to it. You head back to the hotel, to get started; immediately! Really?!

Skadi thinks her storyboard's gonna take awhile, so she'll let you do whatever you want for a bit, maybe write a story of your own. Wu will take the time to write a torture instruction manual, with guest appearance from Carmilla. Lady Avalon doesn't have much of something she'd like to print, but there is a field she's interested in, might as well try. Erice and Rindr will stay put. You part ways for now.

You go meet with Ibuki and tell her about the free-time. She says she's sorry for skipping out on the manga writing earlier. Oh right, you almost didn't notice. Ibuki doesn't really wanna make a book herself, though, not into stories that much. Oh, but maybe a photo-collection, meaning you will have to be her cameraman. She drags you off to a pool and demands the shoot start. You praise her, so she takes off her hat to show off more of herself. She then takes out what looks like Shuten's string-like outfit.

Turns out she'd asked Ibaraki to draw her something cool to wear, to which obviously Ibaraki drew a picture of someone she couldn't see. But regardless, she came up with this string-like thing herself! W-what an amazing coincidence. She starts stripping to change clothes, but you fervently stop her before she exposes herself. For the love of god, please do it somewhere else.

Sometime later, ServaFes is back in action, and Blackbeard is doing the rounds, first to Gareth's booth. Osakabehime comes as well, wondering where the real star of the show is, to which Gareth says they'll have to wait a bit more. Erice has been going around buying theorycrafting books for Enchromia. Is it okay to show these to Skadi? Well, some authors like that, some don't. Erice will keep them to herself.

As for Wu, her book has been forbidden to sell, says Tomoe Gozen. Osakabe looks it through a bit. Full-shock horror, is what it is. Wu is dissatisfied, but honors you with a limited first edition. You never know when it'll come handy.

Ibuki's photo-collection was not allowed either. Ibuki's Shuten cosplay was way too risque! Wait, that wasn't cosplay, she thought of that outfit herself... Oh, all your work for nothing. It was... quite difficult.

Lady Avalon's ASMR CD is not allowed either. According to the people who experienced the demo: "I got stuck in an illusion" (Gilles), "All of a sudden I had lost all my QP" (Edison), "It was a nightmarish time of relaxation" (Apollo). Too many complaints. The Lady will try better next time.

In comes a transmission from Skadi: S a v e m e. You all get worried that she's relapsed, and hurry up to the hotel room. She just can't finish her storyboard, no matter how much she draws. She just wanted to use all the foreshadowing and unrevealed worldbuilding she'd setup... Skadi collapses. Mashu calls for Nightingale, who scolds you for letting a seriously afflicted patient do this. You apologize, nobody noticed at all! Yan Qing internally finds it quite mysterious: Skadi's concentration dropping to this level is unnatural.

Lady Avalon reveals there's no reason to beat yourself up. After all, you were all hypnotized into thinking she was fine. You flashback to when you first met Skadi... "I Am Fine"... She probably did the same to escape from Asclepius and Nightingale. However, when she collapsed, the hypnosis broke. Like usual, Nightingale doesn't believe in all the hocus-pocus, but it's true Skadi escaped them. But the verdict is simple: in addition to her magical energy depletion, Skadi is exhausted.

Yan Qing takes a look at her pile of storyboards. There are enough for 100 chapters! It'll take at least 2 years to complete this. Or 2 months with full Servant power. Ibuki thinks it over, 2 years of fooling around with you and drinking booze, why that's awesome. Ain't got no choice, let's do it then, she proposes. No, that won't fly. You have an idea, a friend you can rely on: Jeanne Alter kicks open the door. So, you need help? Yes, please. Just please? Please save us, oh most powerful, beautiful Jeanne Alter!! Right, right...

Alter can take it down to 2 weeks if she gets help from Marie and Jeanne. But that's still too long! What do we do? We make cuts; no problem, Skadi will do it. Nightingale protests, but Alter overpowers her: this is how mangaka work, they put their life on the line for their work! Skadi wakes up, and Alter breaks her the news: it's time to cut this story down to 12 chapters. Skadi collapses from the shock of hearing the news. Nightingale chews you out again.

Nightingale contacts Asclepius who is still back in the castle: she can't do it anymore. It's impossible. She's become like Andersen or Shakespeare, who have to complete their work, or else they can't die in peace. Asclepius reflects on the bad news: this is terrible, Nightingale, our patient has become an author!

Back in the hotel room, Skadi apologizes for the amount. She doesn't know what came over her, one thing led to the other and all of a sudden this one side character got a whole chapter and it just ballooned out of control. Alter gets it, she really gets it. Gareth looks at chapter 49, there's this Fou-like being that gets introduced here, what do we do? We cut it. Erice picks up another side-story about going to space. We cut it. Alter asks what Skadi most wants to tell with her story. What she wanted to write about... was the happy life of those 4 main characters.

Alright, that's all she needs to know: now comes the battle of cutting all this material!

--- [Battle against <Cut Materials + Regret>] ---

Phew. That was tough, admits Skadi. Alter comforts her, she can always finish it after they unseal the area. Even if the story of those 4 is over, the world still continues. Skadi is shocked at the revelation. That's true! You start drawing.

Yan Qing comes in with some medicine he got from Zhang Jue, and hands it over. Everyone else is working at full capacity, both pen and arm about to fold. Rindr collapses, and Ortlinde takes over for her. Seems even battle machines have their limits. Wu says she'll help as well. Ibuki, who has been slacking off the whole time, changes into her cheerleader form and cheers you on. Jeanne comes over to check whats going on and immediately gets recruited by Alter. She'll do inking, for now.

---

They've gotten to the end. They can only do 2 pages more, at best. But they're so close. Alter tells her that its her duty as the author of this work to give them the final push to finish it. Skadi complies. Please, everyone, lend your strength!

--- [Battle against <Incompletion + Completion + That Which Comes Later>] ---

All author have their own approach to creating. Those that make for a larger audience. Those that make things acclimated to the present. Those that make things they would like. But no matter the result, the emotions are always all over the place. Alter thinks this is a necessary ritual for Skadi. To carefully construct a world to your own liking, and write of its conclusion. It is tough, cruel and grueling. Tears will flow, the chest will grow heavy. Yet the world has forced life upon us. We must stand up and face it. To do what we must. Not out of recklessness, but love. And so, the curtain falls on this story. The two couples; sacrifices, find a road toward happiness, and get their happy ending.

It's over. Alter takes Skadi aside to talk. She's still not entirely happy, right? She's still has regrets, right? But that's how it is, you can make the greatest work known to man, and still find faults in it later. But you think you've worked well on it, right? Indeed. And that's why you think you could still improve it. You keep asking yourself, was this right? But still, you've gotta give it an ending. A continuation can be written at some point! And then, Alter will be waiting for her.

And then, the second volume of "The Silent Tears of Enchromia" was complete, with Skadi collapsing out of relief.

---

Jeanne congratulates you on meeting your sales quota. With this, the area is done, and the seal is breached! She had flowers ready, but where is Skadi? She collapsed near the end and will probably get brought back to the castle by Nightingale now, reports Ortlinde. Regardless, the ending was great, no complaints. Even if everyone wants to read a bit more... Alter reports Skadi will continue at some point. Anyway, for now, get on over to that tower and claim the Holy Grail.

You stand before the tower that holds up the sun. What a strange thing; how it exactly works is unknown. Gareth loves looking at it, even if her eyes go weird. It reminds her of her brother! Transmission from Goredolf: a great detection of magical energy is coming of from the sun, be careful. That said, head into the tower and claim the grail. This tower and its sun is probably influenced by the Grail itself. The real villain must be hidding here too.

Nnnnmnnmnnnn, can be heard from behind. Wait, there are more 'm' now than before! Well anyway, he can't let you pass, for his master does not wish the Grail taken. For some reason, Douman's Shikigamis turn into flowers at his exasperation, his outfit changing once again. Wu is pissed: she hates when the villain appears in last chapter out of nowhere. Ibuki protests: c'mon she's met them all the way back in the hot springs. Wait, what?

With an expressionless face, Douman went to his knees. And then, everyone understood, the main villain was not in the tower, but right among them.

Oh please, says Ibuki at your shocked reactions. Yan Qing attacks her, but is repulsed without a sweat. Mashu reports the bad news: hostile reaction detected from a Divine Spirit-tier Servant connected to the Holy Grail! Oh well, it is what it is, Ibuki admits it: she's the villain who gave the Grail to Skadi. So, ahem. Ibuki changes forms into one more fitting of a goddess. Douman praises her highness. The Fierce Deity of Ibuki!

Ibuki tells Douman to shut up. His mannerisms may be amusing to humans, but not to her. He reassures her, he has no cunning plans left. Now then, Ibuki adresses you, make sure to please her. This summer is yours to do with as you like.
    Last edited by Petrikow; August 16th, 2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    is it really worth it tho?
    You can set up a crit turn one. Bazzet CEs should guarantee a crit round. Of course, every so often you'll get terrible cards and you'll fail but just one Art/Quick/Buster (depending on who you go with) card from your DPS should clear the wave. It's only got like 100k health.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    she needs W Castoria and extra 50% battery support. Oberon is the best choice
    Damn, I have lady avalon and castoria, would double castoria not be enough with that? feelsbadman