Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Arctic Summer World ~ Chaldea's Midsummer Tour of the Enchanted Park (Summer 2022)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Entelecheia View Post
    Yes please. I really want Nzambi to be playable.
    Same, she seems like she could have a fun kit against Undead enemies.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    WTF that Skadi kit lol.

Spoiler:
    [So much for Quick sustain though, Merlin still has a job...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    WTF that Skadi kit lol.

Spoiler:
    [So much for Quick sustain though, Merlin still has a job...]
    Fixing Quick by just, uh...., reprinting Skadi ig

Isn't she rather Busted for Busters now?

For critting, yeah, but that won't matter for farming.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Looks like the Quick Savior needs a savior

I kind of see what they're doing. Tamamo was considered the first type support, so we got Casturia first. Merlin was next, a little over a year later, so we got Koyanksya the year after Casturia. Ignore Oberon. Skadi wasn't until another 20ish months after that, so they're rounding it to two years, so next year will be the Quick support. I think part of it is also the changes they made to Quick with the anniversary, and wanting to see how much difference it makes (not really any for what's needed to fix it).

In other words... RIP Quick there's no saving you, you've been abandoned. Might just skip Summer Skadi since she seems kind of redundant and Arts is my single target preference so this Buster/Quick ST support isn't that useful to me.

Blog Entries
    What a weird fucking unit.

She's marginally better at loop farming in exchange for being much worse at everything else.

Also, her NP kinda sucks. The NP Damage up only procs on Waterside.

I think her biggest appeal is that if you get her, you don't need to trawl the support listing for a second Skadi. Which is something, at least.

She does the job of being better than Skadi, but a segmented charge instead of all in one skill, and np gain up to help loop would probably be preferable. And we still need a Quick support with good defensive options.

I will say I like the idea of the added buster buffs. If you generate a bunch of starts with your quick, a buster crit will always be desirable so this makes sense.
    Last edited by Kirishima; August 15th, 2022 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    50x11 to max out Erice
    mafiabros

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    She does the job of being better than Skadi, but a segmented charge instead of all in one skill, and np gain up to help loop would probably be preferable. And we still need a Quick support with good defensive options.
    I don't know why they didn't throw an NP gain up on her somewhere. Or why they haven't buffed OG Skadi to have one. Seems like the most no-brainer addition to both those kits.

So you can roll Avenger Skadi next year with 100% np gain and 5 hit invul, avenging the fall of Quick Cards.

They literally just don't know how to fix Quick without copying Arts, which they don't want to do. Problem is, there's only two ways to fix it (increase gains or allow for more frequent skill use to charge NPs) and they've already given those to Arts and Buster, respectively. Even if they do the Musashi multi-hit effect like I thought they would, that's still basically just "increase gains" with more steps so as to generate more stars to give them some semblance of a niche.

They really backed themselves into a self-inflicted corner. I'm really starting to think they actually intend Quick to be a ST option subsidized by Buster (crits) or Arts (np gain). We'll know for sure if they release another Quick support like this but increases Arts NP gain before the end of the year.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I see Skadi is well and truly Skadi v2.

What a waste of a slot.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I see Skadi is well and truly Skadi v2.

What a waste of a slot.
    Koyama art is never a wasted slot.

JP Friend Code
    The Skadach as a mangaka sub-plot really feels like Sakurai's self-insert power fantasy.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Koyama art is never a wasted slot.
    Koyama's art isn't the problem here.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    I must say, Skadi's kit may be powerful, but it is kind of boring and unimaginative. That seems to be a running theme with the summer SSRs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Koyama's art isn't the problem here.
    By this logic last year's SSRs were also wasted slots. S.Okitan is a straightforward kit+meh compared to Muramasa with DCS and S.Kama is just a Spishtar sidegrade.

If innovative or newly impactful kits were the requirement, our last gimmicks were the skill rank up on Kiara and card lock on BB.

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    They literally just don't know how to fix Quick without copying Arts, which they don't want to do. Problem is, there's only two ways to fix it (increase gains or allow for more frequent skill use to charge NPs) and they've already given those to Arts and Buster, respectively. Even if they do the Musashi multi-hit effect like I thought they would, that's still basically just "increase gains" with more steps so as to generate more stars to give them some semblance of a niche.

They really backed themselves into a self-inflicted corner. I'm really starting to think they actually intend Quick to be a ST option subsidized by Buster (crits) or Arts (np gain). We'll know for sure if they release another Quick support like this but increases Arts NP gain before the end of the year.
    The one solution that keeps going around is getting charge in relation to how many stars you generate on the previous turn which does give it use to them after they basically become useless after 50.