Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TM Manuscript【型月稿本】KATATSUKI KOUHON

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    In the story of Tsukihime, runes, kabbalah, hexcraft, witchcraft, wonderworking, etc, are all bundled together as magecraft. Xian arts and esoteric buddhism are also included in this, but as they are part of a different faction, they are not brought up in Tsukihime.
    Interesting. I assume that the Eastern equivalence of the Church (prob the Spiral Mannor/Summit Court and w/e they call the Buddhism one) don't really care about taking out DAs compare to the Holy Church in Tsukiworld. They also don't seem to be bothered with most mage things in Fate world either as far as the impression goes.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for these.

Was really fond of what I learned through Zelretch and Caubac’s details

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Thank you so much translating these! No entry for Crimson Moon? I'm pleasantly surprised they talk about him quite a bit.
    I still don't get why Zelretch is friends with the TAs and the other way around but he fought against CM. Were the TAs opposed to CM as well? Why?
    Still no answer to that query.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine it must be like the Jedi. Some of them are probably in hiding.
    probably cuz the other TA`s are just doing their duty while being "defective" because of CM being the blueprint, while CM is just grooming earth to be his new kingdom cuz his Moon kingdom fell to ruin

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    IIRC isn't Soujuurou being described as insanely strong at the start of Mahoyo, but he gets steadily weaker as he grows more accustomed to living in the city?
    Something like that. It's probably similar to why Shiki is stronger when he's doing things humans forgot they could. Return to monke.
    I still don't get why Zelretch is friends with the TAs and the other way around but he fought against CM.
    Given his take on DA, I think Mad is probably right.
    CM is just grooming earth to be his new kingdom cuz his Moon kingdom fell to ruin
    Instate the 27DAA system. Weaken Alaya. Gaia awakens and a vessel is born suitable to take authority over the planet. Usurp its consciousness and become lord of a new kingdom. Trust the plan.

Blog Entries
    Gaia gotta be the most cucked jobber in TM lore

You can't really blame her. He had kind eyes.

Pretty sure Alaya is the most cucked metaphysical entity but then isnt Alaya and Gaia just two sides of the dame coin?

Blog Entries
    They're both part of the Counter Force, but just how far their terms of cooperation in this regard is still one of TM"s great mytery.

But in any case, if we're talking about their role as representation of the survival instinct of the Human Species and Planet Earth, at least Alaya gets more shit done. So far, Gaia has always been the whiny bitch who need to cuck out to her Planetary neighbors just to spite humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    You can't really blame her. He had kind eyes.
    i wanted to counter by saying its Scary, not Kind eyes, but i was wrong its both. i also found a possible answer to my previous question.

Gaia is now a "child of the moon" so the moon is just absorbing information of us to keep us safe...well, not really, but i guess it is the reason why the moon get to be the firmament and not the Krmn line considering the general focus on human aknowledgement in other Nasu works. Mind you, the moon counts as a easily visible ceiling as opposed to invisible boundaries most people never heard of.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse_side98 View Post
    Pretty sure Alaya is the most cucked metaphysical entity but then isnt Alaya and Gaia just two sides of the dame coin?
    Alaya is (probably) literally God, you tell me
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    ??? Who are these ones. Counting the ones who may be sleeping, I guess there are more around than we thought? I guess they would be comparably weakened.
    Aside from the debatable example of post-knife Arcueid herself, we also have the undebatable example of Yu Mei-ren.

well, TA`s go to sleep when their power can barely hold back their bloodlust, so if their whole life is spent slowly "losing power" as they use it to hold back their bloodlust, a woken up sleeping TA would either be super weak or just go berserk in front of you.
    Last edited by madarra; August 16th, 2022 at 10:52 AM.

Aside from the debatable example of post-knife Arcueid herself, we also have the undebatable example of Yu Mei-ren.
    I mean, it sounds like they're talking about TA who are no longer tied to the planet. And Yu doesn't count. She's a phony.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The text is saying fleshless Elementals are completely free from desire. This is also applied, but not specific, to True Ancestors. Incarnated Elemental Yu Mei-ren is a perfectly valid example.

It's an inherent flaw of the system, not one added by Brunestud. They need to incarnate to do their Gaia's Counter Force, but by incarnating, they become themselves instead of a component of Gaia's system, and that makes them succeptible to sexy Chinese war calculators.

- - - Updated - - -

Earth's law is that if you have meat, you will want it beat.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Gaia, not a single W

The text is saying fleshless Elementals are completely free from desire. This is also applied, but not specific, to True Ancestors. Incarnated Elemental Yu Mei-ren is a perfectly valid example.

It's an inherent flaw of the system, not one added by Brunestud. They need to incarnate to do their Gaia's Counter Force, but by incarnating, they become themselves instead of a component of Gaia's system, and that makes them succeptible to sexy Chinese war calculators.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, right, but isn't it specifically talking about Brunestuds TA there is what I mean? So there should be some TA who have become independent of the planet somewhere.

If they are partially "human" maybe some cared enough to look for countermeasures. Even in the original the fruit of Einnashe was stated to be a potential solution to that issue.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

wasnt the fruit from Einnashe supposed to only be a temporary fix?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

This is part of an overarching theme of having a structure requires one to partially take on the functions/limitations of that structure. I think this was the most general explanation of it:
    "...a cat?"

No, there was no way it was something so mundane.

Ah, it was just something borrowing the 'frame' of a cat. Even for a Mystery, some sort of shape that at least approximated something real was necessary for it to be actualized. No matter if it was born from magecraft, the interference that would have to be dealt with if it took a completely unrelated shape would be considerable, if I was remembering my lectures correctly.
    Examples of applications include:
    Ouji Misaya's Familiars are false Faeries. They are formless low-rank Spirits possessing the image of woodland Faeries.

They can indeed wield a portion of the original Faeries' powers due to wearing Faerie-like shells.
    and
    A factory originally created by the students of the magician who realized the third magic. Began in the year 1 AD.
    They attempted to reproduce their master's miracle, but couldn't do it themselves, so as an alternate plan they tried to recreate a specimen identical to their master and have it reproduce the magic.
    And Servants needing to breathe to circulate magical energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I don't quite remember, it's been a while. Is Einnashe still a thing in this new continuity?
    That fruit it's probably an Idea Blood/Principle at this point.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III