Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Landslide Tea Ceremony Battle: Gudaguda Neo Yamataikoku ~ The man returned from hell

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    If he didn't want people betraying him maybe he should stop taking hostages etc
    I should point out it was Rikyu who was behind the hostage taking in this case. But yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Daga otoko da

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I understand letting vengeful spirits do what they want is generally considered a bad idea and their methods are definitely quite questionable but I'm also not sure what would be the actual consequence of not just letting Rikyuu/Komahime do what they want. Like I like Mitsunari and it's probably a bit unfair that he's catching the smoke for Hideyoshi's bs, but like, he's not exactly the nicest person in the first place lol

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I understand letting vengeful spirits do what they want is generally considered a bad idea and their methods are definitely quite questionable but I'm also not sure what would be the actual consequence of not just letting Rikyuu/Komahime do what they want. Like I like Mitsunari and it's probably a bit unfair that he's catching the smoke for Hideyoshi's bs, but like, he's not exactly the nicest person in the first place lol
    I think the problem is you're assuming that Rikyuu will leave it at just getting revenge on Mitsunari. She might be planning to use his plan's set up for some scheme to get revenge on Hideyoshi himself or Chacha.

The only reasons that she's probably not an Avenger are a combination of Rikyuu's death as seen here and it would make her actual motives obvious.
    Last edited by Base; September 18th, 2022 at 08:40 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    imo Rikyuu being berserker has same reason as Kriemhild.

'his' (Rikyuu is a man) revenge seems justified but it actually isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Aside from the fact that this is basically anime, which means that "everyone needs to be saved even if they're the bad guy", or less anime-like "letting someone just brutally murder someone in cold blood while we watch" isn't that great of an MO, yeah, it's probably because Rikyu have been deceiving everyone up til now and controls that black mud thing and is actively involving Chaldea in this so there's no way she'll just kill Mitsunari and then peace out. Meta-wise, they've also set up the ancestral beast/Hideyori so much that it'll definitely have to be included in some way now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Baiting Chaldea to act with Guda as a hostage is pretty new, I'll give them that. If Mitsunari wasn't being played from the start it'd be even more impressive, lmao.

JP Friend Code
    At first I was pretty convinced Shusha is Hideyori, but since Mitsunari nor Chacha had any reaction, he should be someone else

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty wild that a Mogami clanmember got in before Masamune

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    I think the problem is you're assuming that Rikyuu will leave it at just getting revenge on Mitsunari. She might be planning to use his plan's set up for some scheme to get revenge on Hideyoshi himself or Chacha.

The only reasons that she's probably not an Avenger are a combination of Rikyuu's death as seen here and it would make her actual motives obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Aside from the fact that this is basically anime, which means that "everyone needs to be saved even if they're the bad guy", or less anime-like "letting someone just brutally murder someone in cold blood while we watch" isn't that great of an MO, yeah, it's probably because Rikyu have been deceiving everyone up til now and controls that black mud thing and is actively involving Chaldea in this so there's no way she'll just kill Mitsunari and then peace out. Meta-wise, they've also set up the ancestral beast/Hideyori so much that it'll definitely have to be included in some way now.
    Fair point lol. I did vaguely consider that but I also couldn't shake off the feeling of "Eh? Do we have to save him though" which I guess is weird for a character I claim to like

It also feels like he's very much one of the least "evil" antagonists (at least before we get to see what his idea of Hideyori is). Like true to his IRL self he's so serious and honest all the time and so against injustice and for laws that it really does feel like if we just beat him "fair and square" he'd concede and would probably take his own life, actually. Having that kind of person be taken out by murderous avenging ghost amalgamation berserker definitely feels like a weird turnaround.

- - - Updated - - -

Man Pako better work his magic and get playable Mitsunari soon enough.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

I'm actually rather surprised that we're not having a playable Pako character for Guda Guda for once, it's unusual

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mitsunari is a character I tend to feel sorry for whenever he appears in a story
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fuck Mitsunari btw
    #Tokugawa4Lyef

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    It doesn't help that my first introduction to him was Sengoku Basara, where he is a somewhat intense character
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Personally, after seeing the Samurai Warrior Mitsunari anime, I liked it a lot, and they are team Western Army.

So, as it was pointed out to me I'll now point it out to you, but I've consistently referred to Shusha as a girl (because for some reason I also thought the leading theory on them would allow that), and turns out, it's a boy. In the scene where Hajime helps Shusha, he is like "you're safe now little boy...or uh, girl?" and Shusha responds saying he's definitely a boy. So yeah, basically the pronoun is wrong throughout the summaries (at least it's consistent) and Hajime is literally me fr
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Blog Entries
    Hajime is all of us.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    So, as it was pointed out to me I'll now point it out to you, but I've consistently referred to Shusha as a girl (because for some reason I also thought the leading theory on them would allow that), and turns out, it's a boy. In the scene where Hajime helps Shusha, he is like "you're safe now little boy...or uh, girl?" and Shusha responds saying he's definitely a boy. So yeah, basically the pronoun is wrong throughout the summaries (at least it's consistent) and Hajime is literally me fr
    Susha = Susanoo gang stocks rising up.

Blog Entries
    It seems Shusha is one of Chacha and Hideyoshi's children? Someone who died when he was still a baby

Also the theory that Rikyu is an amalgamation of people who want revenge against Hideyoshi seems to be correct