Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Landslide Tea Ceremony Battle: Gudaguda Neo Yamataikoku ~ The man returned from hell

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    can't believe keikenchi outsourced his research to sakurai smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    new inhabitant of npc jail
    It's funny because tomorrow is the Battle of Sekigahara day.

US Friend Code
    If Iyo is Himiko's niece does that make the tortoise her dad?

Welp, so far my luck with tickets remain strong, got both Yamanami and Sen no Rikyu with half the tickets I had. Since we'll probably get a rate-up with Izo and past Gudaguda Servants, the rest will go there.

I must say, I have nothing to use Sen no Rikyu with, but god if I'm making her work, we finally have a female Servant with old woman voice.

Story Summary - Prologue: The Man Returned From Hell

A little light in a void is helping to guide souls to the end of the light. Now that Yamataikoku is gone, it's helping in taking care of the wandering souls still left about. That being said, they're strating to grow bored and tired of this job, even if it's the duty of the second Queen of Yamataikoku. In that moment of loneliness and emptiness, they see a faint light elsewhere. It's...lies, an omen of evil and darkness. But that shouldn't be. The souls of the people still around at the end times back then should've all gone to the light. But someone who the light recognizes confirms that was not the case.

Yamanami Keisuke:
    A pleasure meeting you,
    Second Queen of Yamataikoku, Iyo-sama.

Scenery change to a field to which Gudao has just reishifted alongside Nobu, Okita, and Okita Alter. In Okita's own lazy words, it's "the comeback of Yamatai or something". Da Vinci also seems pretty nonchalant about it and leave you to take care of it while she grabs some tea. Majin wishes she had a snack before going. Either way, there's something off about this Yamataikoku, like it's way more "remaining" than it should be. Himiko (who's still in Chaldea) doesn't really know what's up yet either, so she'll get back to you. The rest of Chaldea wishes you good luck, with Nobukatsu telling Okita to give her life to protect Nobu, and Mashu being disapponted she didn't win the raffle for the party selection. Granted, that's hardly the best way to pick your party, is it.

Someone's tugging on Nobu's cloak, but it's not Majin asking for snacks, it's not Okita, and it's not Gudao who wishes to see the splendor of the feudal moe lords. It's actually some random kid, who's covered in scratches and keeps pulling on Nobu asking her to come. You decide to go with her, and Okita goes to carry the kid since she used to be very popular with children, but the kid pulls away. Instead, they let Majin carry them because she smells better, and has a longer sword and longer hair (obviously).

Soon enough, you run into a girl fighting some sort of wolf-headed man. You quickly learn the girl is Iyo, who was fighting to protect the little girl. It seems the wolf-man is ardently opposed to Iyo as a symbol of Himiko's kingdom in Himiko's absence. Nobu shoots the wolf-man as a distraction, while Majin jumps in with the little girl still on her back. As Majin clashes swords with the wolf-man, she feels something's wrong with his blade. The wolf-man calls for wolf-henchmen to assist him, and they cover themselves in a strange black mud which Iyo warns you against touching. As Iyo's name is revealed to the gang, she also reveals that she recognizes Nobu, at which point Nobu also realizes who Iyo was in the last Yamatai event (but with more of a body now). Either way, you fight the mud-covered beastmen and the wolf-headed man.

---

You beat up the wolf-headed man, who recognizes that you're definitely strong enough to have defeated the "evil god", and who then decides to escape. Okita won't let him go so easily, which he already anticipated. A strange darkness appears, and Okita is fast to protect Iyo. However, the act of defending others without a care for oneself is as much a weakness as it is a strength. Because, the target isn't Iyo, it's the little girl. A wolfman appears behind her, but before she can be struck by its claws, Majin takes them down. In the exchange, however, Majin's hand has become engulfed in that same darkness. The wolf-headed man, recognizing his defeat, is engulfed in the black mud and disappears.

Iyo's extravagant outfit disappears into a more plain one, and she collapses to the ground. You need to get her somewhere safe, but Majin is...eating something? Apparently she bought dumplings from a vending machine nearby and is just munching away at them now. The vending machine is right outside of some tea ceremony hut, which Nobu is really having a hard time with. "Just because it's a singularity doesn't mean whatever goes!" she says.

You decide to make use of the place since no one's there, but as you approach Nobu falls into some sort of trap door. An old lady (in voice, but not appearance) recognizes Nobunaga and the "twist of Fate" before her, as well as the fact that you have an injured person with you. She introduces herself as Sen no Rikyu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

72 of those LB6.5 bronze mats for each skill, goddamn it Rikyu.

Edit: Damn, they really made her look creepy when she looks at you with those dead eyes.
    Last edited by Oz1337; September 14th, 2022 at 12:27 PM.

JP Friend Code
    "You're supposed to be a dude!"
    "Yeah, so?"

Nasu 101

Blog Entries
    Shit, they're going to drag Wolf-dude's identity out, aren't they?

I wanna know what I can't have!

Story Summary - Section 1: Let's GO to the next world!

--- Arrow 1 ---
    Rikyu has helped with healing Iyo, and is now conversing with Nobu. She hasn't seen Nobu since the incident at Honnoji. Nobu isn't sure if Rikyu is even a Servant, but more importantly, wonders how the hell they could be a woman, although Gudao wonders if that's really something Nobu is in a position to ask. Rikyu says the form itself is trivial, but since this is how it is right now, she doesn't have much of a choice. Rikyu gives you all some amazing tea to help you calm yourselves after this, and then suddenly says your time is up. The tea must have been poisoned, in a way that went straight to the Servants' Saint Graphs, because Okita suddenly feels really sick. Except...Okita didn't drink any tea. Nobu surmises that it's not the tea (which she and Majin drank) that's poisoned, it's the very air inside the building, and so Rikyu once more offers Okita a cup of tea to ease her staying.

Basically, the space here is filled with a poison you can't see, and which would take out even a Servant if left untreated. Rikyu's tea does wonders in treating it and keeping people healthy though, so it's fine. That's also why there's a vending machine outside, to attract people to buy the health potion tea, but she hasn't had much luck with that. Okita then thinks Nobu must've been able to see the poison, since she drank the tea right away, but Nobu says that if she was that cautious there's no way she would've died at Honnoji. Gudao, on the other hand, is a dumbass for just gulping it down immediately.

More currently, Rikyu was summoned here before you were, and she noticed this is a place where even Servants have a hard time maintaining their existence. She had to set up the teahouse, which is her Bounded Field, and create tea with Magical Resistance-bonus to be able to operate outside. Still, even if she were to go outside, there's the wolfmen roaming about. Majin doesn't care much for this exposition, and just wants to eat, and so Rikyu brings out the meal, which seemingly consists of a bunch of "tea nobbu".

Okita:

Alright, that's it! This singularity is just another one of Nobu's messes.
    Let's just go home Master, nothing good will come of this!

Nobu:
    I don't think there's ever been a Singularity that was my fault.
    No wait, was there one?

Rikyu explains that the tea nobbu are mysterious creatures who wander the land, but take kindly to being given tea. Still, what are they even doing here? Well, Iyo can explain that, now that she's up and about thanks to the magical tea. She reintroduces herself as Iyo, second Queen of Yamataikoku, and the wolf-headed man you fought earlier as the King of Kuna (lit. "dog people"), the Beast Sword himself - Kukochihiko.

The scene changes to show Kukochihiko somewhere else, also drinking tea to keep himself maintained in the land, but complaining about the taste. Another person is there, saying they don't care if it tastes good, as long as it keeps them alive. But if Kukochihiko wants to be swallowed by the mud of the land, he's free to stop drinking the tea. The mysterious person asks how it went before, to which Kukochi relates his meeting with Chaldea. Even having been told about them, the mysterious person doesn't believe anyone can maintain themselves in this place, even if they're a Heroic Spirit, without being swallowed by the mud. However, Yamanami, who is also there, doesn't think it's gonna be that easy. After all, he would know, having fought with both Chaldea and Kukochi before.

Kukochi berates Yamanami for lacking loyalty, referring to the finale of Yamataikoku when he betrayed Serizawa. The mysterious person says they do not care about this squabble, because they know all too well the farce that is loyalty. Yamanami is to do as he is told, and if he means to betray them, then he does best in knowing what that would entail. But Kukochi wonders what they're gonna do about Chaldea now.

???:

I'll just meet them head on.
    I, here in this new Yamataikoku, Jibu-no-shō.
    Or should I say, Ishida Mitsunari.

(TL note: Jibu-no-shō is actually the title of a court official position, but ever since the edo period it came to basically always refer to Ishida specifically.)

--- Arrow 2 ---
    You think back to the events of Yamataikoku and meeting Kukochihiko back then (he was that skeleton-looking creep that possessed Serizawa). He should've disappeared back then, but him being back here might have to do with what this place is. Iyo explains it along the lines of this being a sort of limbo, between the actual realm of the dead and Yamataikoku, where dead souls come on their journey to the afterlife. Except, it's like, offset, or not where it's supposed to be. So Iyo's job this whole time has been to help the souls stuck in this place, having lost their way, into the afterlife. At the same time, it seemed that the spirits of the haniwa nobu from last time were also stuck here, and that they began to live here instead. Also, since this is the road to the afterlife, that means the child you've been taking care of is actually...

She quickly introduces herself as Shusha (or at least she thinks that was her name), and she explains that there was something very important she had to do and somewhere she had to go, but she can't really remember. She couldn't go alone back then, but then she ran into Iyo who said she would help. Iyo thinks she might mean to go to a realm far away, called "Nirai Kanai" (TL Note: in a group of Okinawa and Amami religion called Ryukyu Shinto, Nirai Kanai is both the place where all life originates, the equivalent to heaven, and where the gods live). Obviously, you agree to help, and the tea is set to work for at least another day. Of course, it'd be too much of a hassle to come back here to refresh the effect, so Rikyu will simply accompany you, and so will the teahouse.

This is the Rikyu Scramble, the great goal of Rikyu while they're here to reach out with their way of tea to many more people, but in a totally new way. Suddenly, the teahouse flies into the air. This singularity is made up of islands separated by an uncrossable sea of mud, so the GO-AN (or "GO hermitage", as it would be translated) as she calls it will
    move around instead. They make a reference to Hideyoshi's "portable tea room", but Rikyu says that was merely a prototype for this.

Just one more thing: when you want to use this place, you have to pay up. Even though she's also a Servant and needs your help, this is non-negotiable. People just don't respect what comes to them for free, and this is a fundamental principle of human civilization since ages past. However, rather than pay with money, you'll collect ingredients and tools to make tea, so that Rikyu can eventually make the perfect cup of tea which will maintain you here with just one cup.

Also, before you leave, Iyo asks about Himiko, saying this would all be done in a jiffy if she was here, and then getting all bubbly and whatnot thinking about it, but unfortunately you're not able to establish communications with Chaldea at the time.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Did the narrative clarify what gender Mitsunari's meant to be cause I've heard conflicting responses.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Someone's tugging on Nobu's cloak, but it's not Majin asking for snacks, it's not Okita, and it's not Gudao who wishes to see the splendor of the feudal moe lords.
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Basically, the space here is filled with a poison you can't see, and which would take out even a Servant if left untreated. Rikyu's tea does wonders in treating it and keeping people healthy though, so it's fine. That's also why there's a vending machine outside, to attract people to buy the health potion tea, but she hasn't had much luck with that. Okita then thinks Nobu must've been able to see the poison, since she drank the tea right away, but Nobu says that if she was that cautious there's no way she would've died at Honnoji. Gudao, on the other hand, is a dumbass for just gulping it down immediately.
    I really appreciate your summaries fumei, they put a smile on my face. Makes the wait for the next story section less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Did the narrative clarify what gender Mitsunari's meant to be cause I've heard conflicting responses.
    I'm pretty​ sure he's a dude still, but not 100%.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Here's the twitter of Sen no Rikyu's artist, in case you want to see more:

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Iyos bond CE gives some perspective I guess
    https://apps.atlasacademy.io/db/JP/c...e/1704/profile
    we also definitively know
    Spoiler:
    滅びの巫女 from the trailer was about her, though i think it was probably obvious now

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Shit, they're going to drag Wolf-dude's identity out, aren't they?

I wanna know what I can't have!
    They already revealed who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAkito View Post
    Iyos bond CE gives some perspective I guess
    https://apps.atlasacademy.io/db/JP/c...e/1704/profile
    we also definitively know
    Spoiler:
    滅びの巫女 from the trailer was about her, though i think it was probably obvious now
    Wow they actually learned from past mistakes and have the flavor text from Rikyu's Bond CE lock too to avoid spoilers

Also, Yamanamis's Bond CE is a long namedrop of Shinsengumi members: Kondou, Hijikata, Saitou, Nagakura Shinpachi, Harada Sanosuke, Ito Kashitaro, Toudou Heisuke, Inoue Genzaburou and Okita

The Bond CE text is his farewell letter that he left according to some people. The image shows his last moments before he commits Seppuku.
    Last edited by Oz1337; September 14th, 2022 at 02:40 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    If Iyo is Himiko's niece does that make the tortoise her dad?
    Not related by blood, per the Bond CE.

US Friend Code
    Boooo, give me dad tortoise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Entelecheia View Post
    They already revealed who he is.

When? Who is he?