Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] Landslide Tea Ceremony Battle: Gudaguda Neo Yamataikoku ~ The man returned from hell

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Also while Sannan is great, unlike the initial Yamataikoku the shinsengumi's involvement in the conflict is pretty non existent so he kind of sticks out conflict wise outside of his girlfriend and serial betrayal tendencies

Oh both Iyo and Himiko have player bait huh

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    All three parts of the title needed to match the three playable Servants.
    That's true. There also wasn't a lot of tea-battling going around.

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Rikyu got talk no jutsu'd there at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose the next stuff is going to be the obligatory "wait, we're actually a comedy story" epilogue right?
    They sort of did that at the very end here, so it's possible the epilogue is just another like "setup" for a next story or one of the people who disappeared here having a nice time in the afterlife or whatever, sort of like the original Yamatai had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    I tried to read the event but honestly it's really not my taste and unfortunately none of the people except Iyo has my interest. Ended up reading the summaries after the first 3 days and it did not get better. I can see it being well regarded for other tho, since my lack of interest mostly came from my lack of interest for the characters involved, not that the writing is bad.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I figure they just decided to not give Rikyu avenger to not spoiler her whole deal, because she really acts like an Avenger.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I'll say I don't think this event was as great as last year's (hard to top Izou getting closure, Ryouma and Oryou's vow renewals and Takasugi for me) but I did still think it was am enjoyable balance. Mostly at the conclusion once we were done with the betrayal relay.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Honestly, Chacha of all people getting some emotional catharsis is the most shocking part. Its very weird how Yamanami is one of the stars, yet matters so little versus Chacha who didn't get anything but a new sprite but her family issues are at the center of the plot.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As much as I like Sannan, I do think for a summonable Servant, a Chacha alt, Mitsunari, or the dog dude would have all been better choices
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Do heroic spirits talk with each other on the throne of heroes.
    How is Ishida going to update Hideyoshi on these hijinks

Well, acording to Nasu they have hellish cooking classes so I don't think just talking is gonna be a problem.

Blog Entries
    The throne of heroes sounds like a mad awkward place to be in.
    Imagine after all that, Mitsunari and Rikyu just stumble on each other two minutes after they sparkled away.

Fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    As much as I like Sannan, I do think for a summonable Servant, a Chacha alt, Mitsunari, or the dog dude would have all been better choices
    I'm practically convinced that Chacha will get the Maou treatment next time. As in, new non-welfare alt with different designs for each ascension and they just start using that as her sprite in story from then on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Really interested how Pako would tackle a 3 stage Yodo ngl.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Well, acording to Nasu they have hellish cooking classes so I don't think just talking is gonna be a problem.
    Mistakes were made.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Horrible, i know.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Throne Mail existed since Extra.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yet another thing to blame tamamo for
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I'll say I don't think this event was as great as last year's (hard to top Izou getting closure, Ryouma and Oryou's vow renewals and Takasugi for me) but I did still think it was am enjoyable balance. Mostly at the conclusion once we were done with the betrayal relay.
    The main mystery this time is teaman's 3rd ascension and tbh it was nowhere near as hyped as Ryouma stuffs last year. Izou stuffs were also great and felt more involving compare to the Hideyoshi stuffs and Chacha family feud this time to me. Even if the whole Ryouma stuffs turn out to be non-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzu View Post
    Honestly, Chacha of all people getting some emotional catharsis is the most shocking part. Its very weird how Yamanami is one of the stars, yet matters so little versus Chacha who didn't get anything but a new sprite but her family issues are at the center of the plot.
    Her family issues being the central to the plot was actually the biggest turn off for me tbh, cuz I don't care at all lol. It also involves characters who either first show up like her child or comically evil like Hideyoshi who does not impress me, and also this nameless evil beast entity (I hope they revealed it to be something important to Shinto as a whole than just AoG beast #123 who wants sacrifices, makes me wonder if Keikenchi is reluctant to touch Shinto myth now after the last time a bit there). But the one thing that annoyed me the most was teaman convoluted conditions cuz it brought me back to the Genji grudge of Kagekiyo PTSD.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now the story is over we still have no idea what the ぶっちぎり in the event title was about. There's no big champion standing far above the rest of the competition, because there was no real competition whatsoever. Fumei used "Landslide" for the chapter title that shares the event title, so I'll go with that for the event name because there's a literal landslide to make the hole we pour all the tea in. Love when we happen upon unplanned puns that only work in English.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    It never ceases to surprise me how profoundly Servants like Rikyu misunderstand the type of person that Guda is. They treat him as a mirror for them to project all their own issues onto without ever trying to understand that Guda has no intention of ever relinquishing his suffering before his duty to humanity is done, let alone making it all pointless for his own selfish reasons.

As for her class, Rikyu's hate is too unstable and indiscriminate to really qualify as an Avenger. It's on the same level as Angra's, but the key difference that Angra could forgive humanity even as he hated it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post

Oh both Iyo and Himiko have player bait huh
    Perhaps Guda should have been the eroge protagonist rather than Shirou, their harem just keeps growing and growing.