Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2022 Edition - It's that time again.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spy x Family: It's like the show never left. Glad to have it back. Lol at the K dudes.
    Hero Academia: It's funny watching this and seeing who's not mutilated or dead yet.
    Pop Team Epic: Peak fiction, zenith of the medium, kino, eternal savior returned triumphant. Vtuber Popuko spooked me twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Ghost Game episode 45: Quite an episode of two halves, punctuated by the surprise reveal of a brand new Digimon. I take back what I said about Ryudamon being a one-off, seems like he'll stick around like Espimon does, which given what we saw of the new Dim Card will likely be significant. The whole "newspaper predicting the future" felt very "SMT-Devil Survivor" which is funny since Digimon Survive just came out recently. When I first saw the yellow hands causing trouble I assumed that Sukamon might be behind it but I was way off since it's the brand new Digimon, Publimon. Maybe it's just me, but the tone seemed to markedly shift once Publimon started targeting the idol group as it felt like it lost the horror aspect and just became about yet another Digimon causing trouble. I did laugh when Gammamon yeeted himself and Hiro out of the airplane, if Gammamon didn't have full control over his choice of Champion and went Betel or Wezen accidentally it would have been darkly hilarious. I did have a bearbug with the fact that Kaus was trying to protect Anna from Publimon's assaults on her parachute and Hiro didn't ever think to try activating the Digital Field since that would have removed the problem. We did have an interesting twist in that Publimon doesn't get redeemed but accidentally kills himself through his malicious intent coming back to bite him. I'm sad the episode closes before Gammamon says anything about the Digital World as I would have been interested in hearing what he remembers but alas.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Spy x Family: It's like the show never left. Glad to have it back. Lol at the K dudes.
    Took the words out my mouth. The comedic timing is all still there just exactly as it was in the first cour.
    It was 20 minutes but it felt like 10. Can't wait for the next episode.
    burn your dread you coward

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    pop team epic season 2: I give props to staff for bring Hirano (Haruhi) and Chihara (Nagato) in anime after long time.

Blog Entries
    I would absolutely watch Endless L.O.V.E., no questions asked.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

US Friend Code
    Housing Complex C had a really strong start. I'm like actually upset it's only going to be 4 episodes, it grabbed me so fast. Hopefully the shortness lets them keep it tight and focused.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If there's one way to ruin a horror story, it's dragging it out.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So... Halloween?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you put up your Haunted House a month before the actual event, yes.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    If you put up your Haunted House a month before the actual event, yes.
    Not sure if he meant the holiday or film franchise.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I meant the film franchise.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Shinobi no Ittoki: Ittoki gets to join Issei in the "My First Girlfriend Tried To Kill Me" Club. Looks cool, I'll keep up with it.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I meant the film franchise.
    Ooooooooh.

Then OG not really. Pretty basic slasher movie, 90 minutes, no overuse of villain.

Recents? Probably. Not a Horror fan so I haven't seen it, but from the hearsay it does pretty much everything wrong. And take three movies to do it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Ooooooooh.

Then OG not really. Pretty basic slasher movie, 90 minutes, no overuse of villain.

Recents? Probably. Not a Horror fan so I haven't seen it, but from the hearsay it does pretty much everything wrong. And take three movies to do it.
    Again, I'm taking the franchise as a whole, not just the first movie.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea what Futoku no Guild is, but I know that there is an uncensored version of it.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Monsters molest girls.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No basically 22 minutes of tentacles?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That and the MC getting dumped on by life.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Man, Eminence in Shadow should've hit a lot harder than it did. Instead it spent most of the time being self-aware schlock instead of funny self-aware schlock. The ex-military dude was great though. So were the crowbars.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    New Season Impressions:

Gundam: Why isn't Utena being all cool? Where are the shadow puppets and ominous chanting up impossible stairwells? Whoever made this remake missed all the style.

Seduce the Demon Lord: For a minute I was hoping I somehow clicked on a "May I ask you one last thing" adaptation. Too bad, Mad Dog Princess will have to wait. Ok, that carriage in the OP had no animation and just slid across the screen. Eh, I'll give it a few more episodes, If I don't forget about entirely.
    Sword Isekai: I was on board with the inital premise, since MC would need to rely on someone else, but with this much mobility, it just feels like a generic isekai instead. Huh, the four bosses were a tiger, a tortoise, a dragon and...a slime? Messed up the pattern there, huh? Eh, cute cat daughter is enough to give it a few more.

Master has no Tail: Pretty fun, leaning more into Uchouten Kazoku than Rakugo Shinju. At least for now...

Raven of the Palace: Mystttttttttttttttttttttterious. This show feels really CLAMP-y. Shouxue ain't got nothing on Yuuko though. Manservant's right though, you just lead a coup, murder the bitch.

Beast Tamers: Something looks off about the MC's face. Like it just dosn't fit the rest of his body. Is it too big? Too round? looks like a ten year olds head on a teens body? I the neck too long? So how does this power work, you can control bears, but not tigers, but almost Humans are fine? And there's obviously a dragon in the Harem going by the OP, so are dragons counted as almost people? Are they just a race of assholes then? Or are they monsters that drop loot on death? I'm kind of tempted to keep this up only to watch as the Hero Party falls apart when they realize why getting rid of their servant was a bad idea.

Farm Non-Isekai: IS THAT A FUCKING CLAYMATION DRAGON?! I think I would have enjoyed this show if the MC was avoiding normal hero plots. Just One Punch style wandering around and finding giant mosters accidently. Actively having him as a hero is probably just going to be a normal fantasy story just all teh attack explainations will involve carrots or something.

Mash's Adventures in Alchemy: Wow, there's just nothing here. They spent so long explaining the set up they buried the lead on the actual point of the show.

Shinobi no Ittoki: This is going to be a "Die for Me" confession isn't it? What the hell is this censorship? Are they even trying? This shit is hilarious! Hey, the Crunchy version isn't the horribly censored one for once. Strange. You know what's a great way to raise an heir to a legacy, not tell them and hope they're somehow great at it and willing to throw away their life for your sudden plans.

Do it Yourself: Oof bad CG in a heavily pasteled world stands out so much. This is a really standout art style, it reminds me of Sonny Boy in the complete lack of shaders. It took 7 minutes before I saw a character cast a shadow. It lets the characters be way more expresssive. I'm really digging it.

Immortal Guild: Not a great start to your show to be 5 ecchi shots with no animation (aside from the censor bars). You know normally a sax going that hard makes me more into a show, but this time had the opposite effect. And now a bear is molesting a cat girl. Yeah I'm tapping out, can't even get to the 10 minute mark.

Human Crazy University: It's like Ninja Slayer, without the charm. Like they just learned how to animate in Flash.

Ok, really whittled down the list tonight. Only Shadow Chunni, the PA Works maid show, the Madhouse Romance, and the sequels left on the queue.