Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2022 Edition - It's that time again.

My Hero Academia Episode Season 6 Episode 119: A delay for some reason last week kept the last episode from coming out and they released both to catch up. A very nice surprise, when I didn't watch the one before them until now.
    Spoiler:

So the Quirk All for One itself is driving Shigaraki to go after Midoriya for One for All. To protect the civilians, Midoriya and Bakugo decided to leave to somewhere with less people. Unfortunately, Shigaraki has Pixie-Bob's Search Quirk and it works even with the past user's targets.

They had this nice thing going on with Endeavor who tried to stop before he even left, but was unable to, but the regeneration Quirk Shigaraki has now let him heal himself. And then the chase for Midoriya begins with Endeavor on Shigaraki's tail until Shigaraki let's loose a blast that also knocks the heroes communications. Top that with the dust from earlier and the people in charge of the raids have no visuals either.

Gran Turino manages to save Bakugo and Midoriya and get them away from Shigaraki while the pro heroes try to fight him. But even with his Quirks erased, he's still a big problem.

It's like what Bakugo said, he's like a final boss now. It feels like this could be the final battle, but it's not the final battle, is it?

If they can't stop him, delay him or weaken him in some way, I don't want to imagine what will happen, they gotta stop him.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kobeni was kinda badass there.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chainsaw Man episode 9: Damn, really pulling the heartstrings by showing SPOILERHimeno's death a second time. Even if it was short, Denji vs Katana Man was epic. I don't remember if the crows were there in the manga during the demonstration of Makima's might, but if they weren't then that is cool foreshadowing on Mappa's part. Obi Wan Kobeni showing why she is indeed best girl as she puts the moves on Sawatari and just casually using Denji as a human shield.

Now the training montage to get stronger begins!
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Chainsaw Man: Makima and Kobeni though.
    Shinobi no Ittoki: This was a really choppy episode, yeesh. Also Suzaku's still a little shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I forgot to mention, but Katana Man saying "I guess even Devil Hunters are weak to guns" only for minutes later Kobeni to dodge every bullet Katana and Sawatari fired at her without using her Devil Contract gives me such "I'm a genius...oh no!" energy.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I forgot to mention, but Katana Man saying "I guess even Devil Hunters are weak to guns" only for minutes later Kobeni to dodge every bullet Katana and Sawatari fired at her without using her Devil Contract gives me such "I'm a genius...oh no!" energy.

I feel it's also kinda' ironic for Katana Man of all people to be espousing that given the "swords > guns" attitude of a stereotypical katana-fanboy. Also hard to believe Kobeni really did that without using her Devil Contract at all. She blatantly had superhuman strength in that scene jumping across the Snake Devil and chopping Katana Man's arm cleanly off with a kitchen cleaver. Unless there's other feats of characters showing superhuman strength in this series without any Devil Contract I think it's fair to assume her Contract probably reinforces her body/physical abilities in some way even when she doesn't directly materialize it. And in Makima's case SPOILERthe "as long as they're human they're still weak to guns" part could be seen as foreshadowing.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    CSM: I THOUGHT I WAS PREPARED FOR THE WORST. I WAS NAIVE. An explosive (heh) episode though.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    hahaha terrorists go squish
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence in Shadow: Funny episode, thirsty girls. Amazing how Cid slept on the ceiling.
    Futoku no Guild: Poor Hanabata lmao. Kikuru had his mind broken by a child and never recovered.
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    SamiDare getting to the good stuff, with Final Fight Phase 3 ready to go - but at the same time, this is supposed to be an anime. It should have more frames per scene than the manga did. Even still frame pans with motion lines would be better than... whatever that was with the Nagumo/Dance charge.

Still, two more episodes and one entire volume of manga to go. Let's see if they've been saving the budget for the real fight!

Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 55: There are so many cat puns I could make, but I'll refrain. The mutated cats were scary when they were silhouetted but for some reason they looked kinda silly when they were revealed. As someone with acrophobia, suddenly awakening to find yourself standing perilously on scaffolding or a ferris wheel was the spookiest part of the episode. The power of cat waifus means the budget skyrocketed as hot damn, that was some good animation during the fight. Also Bastemon actually showing off what she can do after spending all of Xros Wars as a couch potato. Those humans are going to be so traumatized lol, not that I think a bunch of civilians being involved again will change the status quo. It really does bother me that once again a Digimon committed attempted murder and just gets let off because they were punched hard enough.

As an aside, when Ruli threw the celery at the bakeneko, my immediate thought was the anime was referencing the cat videos of them freaking out when they see a cucumber or something.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hero Academia: Dabi dropping his fire mixtape and sick dance moves. Great stuff.
    Spy x Family: Poor Fiona. She was doomed from the start.
    Pop Team Epic: I wonder which boomer squad animated the main segment.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dabi Dance is among the last moments I enjoyed in heroaca and I'm glad they did it justice. Props to the VA goddamn

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    this week's Pop Team Epic was brought to you by Kiryuu, Majima, Nishiki and Ryuuji from Yakuza the game.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Isekai Ojisan: Why must a show so good be saddled with Netflix's neglect and AI-generated subs?

- - - Updated - - -

Elf is very powerful.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Master has no Tail: Why am I getting a huge Emiya vibe from Master? Is it because he looks like Kerry? Nope, turns out it's just Suwabe.

Urusai Yatsura: I had forgotten how Takahashi made all her characters assholes. It's basically Always Sunny three decades early. You think Shinobu is normal, then you realize she's basically Ataru gender flipped.

I thought Isekai Ojisan was only going to be 10 episodes. Looks like there's at least one more coming.

Spy x Family: Drunken Tennis.

Chainsaw Man: Even knowing those people were going to get fridged the minute they were introduced, it still hit really well. I have to ask though, if Kobeni can ninja around like that, why was she so incompetent trying to kill her teammates in the hotel? She can outrun bullets but her only way to kill Denji is to slowly walk forward while holding a knife like a newbie yandere?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

As it turned out, I just waited for the episodes to come out at the wrong time before. Silly me.

Spy x Family Episode 19-21:
    I don't know, I wonder if I just don't like the school parts because I read them before and I didn't like them that much back then compared to the other things now?

The kid sad at having to leave school because of Damian's family tries to get him in trouble and when that fails, he gets the other kids to do stuff for him. Too bad it was all just a misunderstanding though.

Yor pushing the one flower pot back up to where it was before was so funny. That and her hanging on the wall at the school and scaring those kids.

Henderson's and everyone else's reactions to Anya's report was great too. If Twilight didn't explain that away, everyone would think he abuses his fake patients.

Nightfall makes their appearance after showing up in the episode before. The woman is cold and ruthless on the outside, but she's in love with Twilight, which itself is funny enough. Anya's reaction to reading her mind, I think, is everyone's reaction because you don't expect that, lol.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

My Hero Academia Episode Season 6 Episode 120:
    So even though his Quirks have been erased, Shigaraki is still able to fight back because of the strength enchantments he got.

75% done my-.

To stand on top of Endeavor and mock him like that...

He also managed to not destroy all the High-Ends and woke the remaining ones up, because of course he did.

And now Midoriya and Bakugo have joined the fight, they better be enough to win.

I like that Shigaraki just destroyed the image of All for One in his mind like that. Just said no to having his master's will influence him that much to say things.

Mt.Lady tried to Gigantomachia, but he's just too strong and when Midnight tried, she failed too.
    Now the UA have to stop Gigantomachia, but they don't know that the League of Villains is on his back. And there's more villains following the giant too.

I just absolutely dislike how this going, I don't like it all.
    Last edited by Laserman; December 13th, 2022 at 12:29 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    CSM Episode 10: For all the jokes about Denji being a pervert and whatnot, it was always cool to see the rare moment of introspection from him as he wonders if there's something wrong with his heart. Damn, I forgot how much of a beast Kishibe was and it was a cool reminder to see his training animated. The feels train for Aki never ends as he reads the letters left behind by Himeno. I completely forgot that Aki only had two years left at this point, it certainly makes the biz with SPOILERAngel hit harder then. Damn them for ending the episode right before we meet the Future Devil, he's one of the best characters and now I have to wait a whole 'nother week to see him.
    CSM is only one cour right? Can't believe it's ending so soon.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    CHAINSAW MAN: Kishibe's a riot. The ideal teacher for this series, really. Feels terrible for Aki knowing how much he's lost in his quest for vengeance and how much he's still willing to give up.
    Shinobi no Ittoki: At long last, Ittoki fully comes into his own as the (ex-)chief of the Iga clan. Earned title drop.
    canon finish apo vol 3