Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2022 Edition - It's that time again.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everyone this season is gushing over Gremlin Power or Step-on-me Makima, but Bocchi is my fucking spirit animal.

(That said, there's quite a few Best Girls this season. DIY's Rei, the Raven Consort or No Tail's Bunko)

I also just noticed that her dog is named JimiHen(drix).

(Fucking Claymation, this show is insane.)

(Like, Maid War is also insane, but it's always the same kind of insane. This is new and fresh insane every episode)
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    it was PUBG but they put shield battery and death box from Apex legends
    it's all fortnite to me
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 52: Does someone on the writing staff have hydrophobia because I feel like there's been several episodes of Digimon attacking from inside water. It was both funny yet awkward to have Jellymon searching Higacchi for his shirikodama if you know what I mean...Huh, was this the first time Canoweissmon was defeated, and not by a Mega either. Very surprised that the Evolution time limit is still there despite the upgrade to the Digivice VV. Unfortunately this episode had one of the most egregious cases of "turn based combat" yet in GG, punctuated by the fact that Jellymon didn't even take part until after the fighting ended. I also hope that the usage of Warp Evolution doesn't make the fights too repetitive as both this episode and the last had a Partner go Adult, get defeated and Devolve then get a second wind and Warp to Perfect to win. Unsurprisingly the conflict turned out to be a misunderstanding and things get cleared up in the end, but hopefully the callback to DarkLizamon means that Hiro is actually thinking of a way he can stop these kinds of events from happening in the future.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Bleach:
    Thank you Kubo, for another spectacled beauty for me to gawk at. 10/10 would absolutely bang.
    4realtho the episode was really good, the added flashback with a glimpse of the OG Captains (which Glasses Beauty above is a part of) was great, and the Ichigo section was very well handled. The previous episode was slightly better, but this one is on the same league.

Spy x Family: A good episode, but this is the second one in a row with an anime-original skit. They're still funny but you have the side-chapter with Bond and the plushie right there, just adapt that thing already. It's the chapter with the best Anya face of all time. They're probably adding the skits to pad out the anime and time it so that the second season gets to focus entirely on the Cruise Ship Arc, which is fair enough.
    burn your dread you coward

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chainsaw Man 5: Denji finding Power pads her breasts legitimately traumatized him more than all the horrifying Devils he faced. Seriously though this show actually has a more 'mature' philosophy on sex than a lot of Ecchi/Shonen series, where groping boobs sounds amazing to a teenage boy but isn't necessarily all that impressive if you don't have a relationship to the person in question. Although when it comes to the actual intimate scenes like Denji and Makima's handholding session this adaptation certainly goes all out in loving attention to detail. I don't think there's many actual Ecchi anime that have managed to make handholding so sexually charged.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Bleach: Nothing adds atmosphere quite like rain. It was great seeing watch all those lives he was too late to save flicker out right in front of him. And also him dusting that loser right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Bleach:
    Thank you Kubo, for another spectacled beauty for me to gawk at. 10/10 would absolutely bang.
    4realtho the episode was really good, the added flashback with a glimpse of the OG Captains (which Glasses Beauty above is a part of) was great, and the Ichigo section was very well handled. The previous episode was slightly better, but this one is on the same league.
    What?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    IIRC there's a bit in the new Hell Arc of Bleach where all the old Captains end up in Hell rather than whatever cycle of reincarnation everyone else has. So everyone's expecting all the original captains to be the antagonist squad this time.

Edit: Found the group shot

Last edited by Mattias; November 21st, 2022 at 10:27 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Kubo recently showed original Gotei 13 illustration.

some/most of them do look like murderer just like Ywach said.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; November 22nd, 2022 at 01:51 AM.

Oda recently showed original Gotei 13 illustration.

some/most of them do look like murderer just like Ywach said.
    Giving credit to the wrong person there.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Bleach: If we trust the special ending as depicting the Captains in order of Division Number, then there are a few surprises and proof that the original Gotei 13 didn't have the defined roles that later iterations would have.

Also, the choice of music for the anime flashback indicates that Ywach was actually sorta wrong about the kind of people the Gotei were. It implies that they were actually goddamn pissed at the Lichtreich for invading Soul Society.

MHA Season 6: Once again, the anime does justice to the original manga, even if the gore is downplayed as expected. I also like the fact that when 1-A confronted Gigantomachia in the previous episode, the theme for All Might vs All for One played, but in this episode, United States of Smash played. It's a nice musical continuity IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    IIRC there's a bit in the new Hell Arc of Bleach where all the old Captains end up in Hell rather than whatever cycle of reincarnation everyone else has. So everyone's expecting all the original captains to be the antagonist squad this time.

Edit: Found the group shot

Those are unique designs for sure, but I know for sure I'm going to hate the end of the episode because of what happens so...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Bleach:
    I do agree that the special ending art for the glasses girl does emphasize her assets more than the original group shot. Still, Unohana is number one waifu of the original Gotei.

Also, hard agree on how well Ichigo's section was handled, especially since the anime mirrored his entrance to that of Yamamoto's just 2 episodes earlier, which really shows how he's Soul Society's last hope after Yama-ji's death. Heck, they use the same theme when he initially confronts Ywach, and the sheer force of his reiatsu is also emphasized to make him look demonic as hell. I also like the Ichigo POV for when he just blasts Shaz Domino. Really goes to show how blinded by rage he is.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    What?
    If you know what happens in the manga, you'll know that our Mustache Boi talks about how the original Gotei 13 were a force to be reckoned with.
    These designs came out just before the episode where he talks about that. Instead of just the silhouettes in a single panel, we get a glimpse of the actual battle 1000 years ago, and we see these captains in action.
    It's a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That remains to be seen... Will Kubo remember these guys whenever he actually gets around to continuing that story? If he even ever decides to do it at all...

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I do agree that the special ending art for the glasses girl does emphasize her assets more than the original group shot. Still, Unohana is number one waifu of the original Gotei.
    Yea but we knew Unohana already, this is a new character. I'm a simple guy, I see a beauty in glasses, I like.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    i want to see what kind of sicko she is
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    i want to see what kind of sicko she is
    like Shizuku from HxH?

like Shizuku from HxH?
    Glad I'm not the only one to make that comparison. Speaking of which, we're finally getting concrete Troupe backstory in the manga.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm really liking the theory that gaunt pirate captain is the ancestor of the Beast Clan and possibly the Great Elder.

so I assume original captains in ED were appeared in order of their respective squad.

Same, and if that's the case, I guess this means that basically all the set roles the divisions would eventually occupy were nonexistent at that time.

Also, regarding the original Gotei, I feel people don't really acknowledge that a pretty huge reason for their success against the Lichtreich is because that crop of Sternritter were much weaker than the modern ones are. I mean, they had no Schrifts and no Vollstandig.

one thing, I know new visual for Bleach ED was cool and sad but seeing those candle made me think of certain cursed birthday song.