Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Anime 2022 Edition - It's that time again.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I never know I would see gakuen handsome reference on Bocchi the rock.

live performance was great including the bad part where everyone was out of sync.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 53: A fun episode. I was totally expecting it to be Wisemon inside the book so hearing Sakurai's dulcet tones threw me off completely. I really did like the aesthetic of having the subjects in question float around Kiyo and Baalmon as they had the quiz battle, made it more vibrant in a series that isn't as visually exciting due to the constant urban setting. Kiyo was suffering gambling addiction hard this week as he kept asking for one more chance to win back his losses only to be caught in a spiral of defeat. I would have liked if we got to know a bit more about Kiyo as he forgot more and more things, like what's his family situation and why is he the way he is, but alas it was just standard stuff like forgetting the other heroes until things get put back to normal at the end. I did like that the heroes didn't try to brute force the situation this time and instead used their brains to try and outwit Baalmon even if it didn't work. Though that did end up meaning Jellymon's Warp Evolution debut felt a bit tacked on since they ended up outwitting Baalmon in the end anyways. I must confess that I was hoping to see Kiyo's Limit Break make a return this episode since this would have been a good opportunity to explain exactly what it is but unfortunately Kiyo only suffered the Integer Overflow at the very end of the episode as a gag. Lastly, although I was bemused by the revelation that the ghost girls were not Digimon but in fact real ghosts...I can't help but be sad that GG likes to tease that the supernatural is real in this universe and then not do anything of note with it.

EDIT

Apparently, this episode was a massive in-joke to the Japanese dub of Robert Pattinson's Batman film since Kiyo is voiced by The Riddler (Ishida) and Baalmon is voiced by the Batman himself (Sakurai) so that was pretty cool.
    Last edited by Skull; November 27th, 2022 at 10:50 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Bleach: a much needed wind-down episode after the absolute bangers of the last two. Some cut scenes I wish they kept in but still very solid.

Spy x Family: Man I hate Fiona. Anya embodied all of my feelings when she hissed at her. They did the "SU- KIIIIII!!" part well. Also finally they adapted the Penguin side-chapter. Best Anya face right there. Yea.
    burn your dread you coward

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Goddamn it Bocchi. After two months I should be on to your tricks, so why does it always surprise me when you go nuts out of nowhere. Why was there a live action game of Life for a two second gag? Or a complete art style shift to talk about salaryman suicide? Or multiple Ashita no Joe references?

But it hits me just as hard every week.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

just realized Shunsui with eye patch is Big Boss lol.

Spy x Family Episode 17-18:
    The Sylvia part at the end of episode 17 is new, I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the manga, so that was a nice surprise.

I totally forgot that just like how Inuyasha loses his powers during the new moon, so does Anya, haha.
    And I swear, the anime just takes how much Yuri loves Yor to a whole new level.
    Daybreak was pretty funny too, I just loved seeing Twilight react to how stupid the guy was being.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Chainsaw Man episode 8: This was a heavy episode, as much as I might gripe about the slow paced beginning to another episode that can come across as padding, it really does makes you feel for Himeno and Aki. The introduction of Katana Man was just as epic as I had hoped and I can't wait to see the rematch animated.

Something I am super curious about now is...
    Future Spoiler
    Will Mappa fuel the fires of the fan-theory by having Violence take Arai's seat in the cinema section in the OP, I wonder...

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    CSM: What the fuck did I just watch.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Scumbag mob boss has scumbag grandson. "My grandpa was a good person because he only killed a few women and children." News at 11.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    CHAINSAW MAN: I like how pokey the angles are for Aki using his nail sword. Also the sound design where you hear the quiet preparation of guns before Makima and her attendant get merced.
    Shinobi no Ittoki: Damn, good episode. Ittoki steps up, the girls are cute and helpful, and we even get hand signs lmao. RIP Yumika though, that's gonna eat Kousetsu alive.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; November 29th, 2022 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    >Friendship with Chainsaw Man has ended, now begins the Painsaw Man anime...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chainsaw Man 8: Glad the show acknowledged that Himeno sleeping with Denji would actually be statutory rape IRL, even if she still handled it pretty cavalierly. And her way of making up is... to help set Denji up with (the presumably also adult) Makima. But she was MVP at the end, offering her whole body to the Ghost Devil to save Aki. While her death was sad, it's probably the best way to go for a Devil Hunter, getting to die relatively cleanly knowing she'd helped save her comrade (and absolving her regret of her teammates always dying before her). Now it's up to Aki to decide how to honor her legacy (hopefully not including the flirting with underage boys part).

Honestly, when was the last time in Shonen a main character was straight-up killed by an ordinary gun? Granted I can't believe Makima or Denji are really dead, but Himeno is clearly gone (she sacrificed herself, but was already bleeding out from the bullet at that point) and just it happening at all is pretty shocking.

Katana Man is an amazing hypocrite. You can tell Fujimoto is taking the piss out of the "honorable Yakuza" trope in his speech about how great his grandfather was for only killing "a handful of" women and children. And his companion/partner... seemingly has the power to resurrect the dead? Katana Man pretty clearly died after taking Aki's one-hit kill curse technique, but she just kneels over him and he's back good as new. I'm guessing that's some association with snakes and rebirth by shedding their skin given she's contracted with the Snake Devil. Seems pretty OP though. Imagine how many fatalities she could avert if she worked for Public Safety, unless there's some cost given we don't actually know how her ability works.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence in Shadow: Poor Sherry; it sucks that she became an orphan without a single clue why.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm dropping Ittoki. Every time I watch it I can't help but think that I could be doing something better. It's not even on the level of a mid tier Harem or SoL anime where you can only pay half attention while you grind out FGO.

I could never get past all the ninja suits reminding me of those terrible ones in the first GI Joe movie, either. I laughed every time they tried to be taken seriously.

You know, if you told me all those years ago that my fun furry feudalism show would end up in an obital laser nuking Kyoto-2 into an ice age... well, I'd already seen Scrapped Princess so it wouldn't have been a total shock, but still that's a huge leap.
    Last edited by Mattias; December 1st, 2022 at 02:09 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Katana Man is an amazing hypocrite. You can tell Fujimoto is taking the piss out of the "honorable Yakuza" trope in his speech about how great his grandfather was for only killing "a handful of" women and children.
    Like I said, scumbag mob boss has scumbag grandson.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spy x Family: Fiona a cute. CUTE!
    Hero Academia: The rage eyes look kind of dumb lol.
    Isekai Ojisan: Sweet moment with Elf. Elf cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Anime is saved.
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Isekai Ojisan is back?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yep! Gotta sail the seven seas for it though.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

Anime is saved.
    second part was voiced by Touma and Accelerator.

next episode title of Bocchi is After Dark from Asian Kun-fu Generation (Bleach OP), what a coincidence.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; December 4th, 2022 at 09:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Digimon Ghost Game episode 54: An interesting episode. Seeing a Digimon play an active role in the anime despite not having an official Dex entry is a bit weird but it spices things up nonetheless. I did have to laugh at Hiro constantly predicting so many people's misfortune, it got to point where I was wondering if this was a Final Destination parody or something. Some body horror is always cool and I liked that it wasn't instantly fixed as soon as Fujitsumon separated from Hiro. Speaking of which, the concept of a symbiotic relationship in the Digital World was pretty fascinating to see. In addition, the number of times we've had some kind of human-Digimon hybridization take place in this series makes me wonder if that's going to be a major plot twist in the endgame or something. Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't feeling the whole heart-to-heart with Espimon and Gammamon, I felt it would have been better if we had an episode or two dedicated to the former for that kind of payoff to work.