Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 813161718

Thread: Fall Anime 2022 Edition - It's that time again.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Eminence in Shadow: Cid's excitement is infectious. I can't wait to see him style all over this tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Spy x Family Episode 24:
    Twilight just walking back home with that huge bump on his chin and Becky's servant saying "Please don't commit adultery my lady." was so funny. I thought that this was the last episode, but it's the next one. Finally, Twilight will make contact with his target.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

My Hero Academia Episode Season 6 Episode 126:
    Spoiler:

Just thinking back to the last episode when they showed a flashback to the beginning of the raid started.

The Heroes: We're starting to gain ground, keep it up.

Tomura Shigaraki when he woke up:

Apparently, Mr.Compress' ancestor was brought up before this.

I can't believe he cut off a chuck of his own leg just to get free of Best Jeanist's ropes, and he was still able to move on top of that.

I was so mad when he said, "We haven't done anything yet."

Like no, you guys have done enough, lol.

So what was happening with Midoriya before was one of the vestiges of One for All.

This time it's the 4th user's Quirk, Danger Sense, which gives the person a vision of trouble before it happens.

Only he hasn't trained for this one yet like Float, so he can't control it. Makes me wonder what the original was like.

I also wonder if he'll even be able to call on just a percentage of it he can handle, or if it's just going to be constantly active?

Between that and Black Whip, I do think it's pretty safe to say he's a fan of Spider-Man, which is just so cool.

Up to now, I still can't say for sure, if it's the Quirk, All for One, or the man himself who's far away, that controlled Shigaraki.
    Either way, when Spinner asked about the other's before leaving, I like how All for One was like, "We're leaving them, Tomura has to pay for his mistakes.", like a parent scolding a child.

All for One and Shigaraki definitely have a Quirk that let them know about other people's Quirks, even the names they call them by.

Poor Mirio didn't see Ribbon Stab coming, so he couldn't have just let it pass through him...

And I like how the shield he used is just the same one Nine used in the second movie.

While it is amazing that Midoriya was able to still try to chase Shigaraki down, I can't help but think about how he got in that state in the first place.

All of the training he's done with his Shoot Style and his legs, Air Force, Black Whip, Float, all these alternate ways of fighting, but in the end, he had to fall back on using his arms to do damage. Like I know why he had to, but still, it just reminded of the earlier seasons when the only he could do anything was by also injuring himself.

He's come such a long way, but I don't know, it's just sad he had to do that again...

Midoriya really is such a kind person.

While he can't forgive him for the horrible things he's done, in that mental world, he still saw someone for a brief moment who he thought needed help in Shigaraki. He's like Superman in the way he would save a villain who was hanging on a ledge who just tried to attack them moments before.

So they really just left Gigantomachia there, that's so funny.

It's hard to say who won.

Shigaraki and the League were forced to retreat and Gigantomachia was stopped, but they caused so much destruction. Even with the evacuation before hand and not counting the people who down to the Nomu, there's definitely a lot of people who were injured or worse.

The Liberation Army wasn't exactly handled either.

Dabi pretty much got what he wanted most of out of everyone though. He exposed Endeavor and has shaken people's faith in heroes, all why coming out of the battle without a scratch.

A lot of heroes are terribly injured, but their actions from attacking the PLF before Shigaraki was supposed to wake up ,and the student's actions kept things from being much worse.

When I saw this arc's name, I expected there would be plenty of one-on-one fights along with the big battles, but there wasn't really that many fights like that.

It had plenty of cool moments and fights though, but I don't know if I can really call it a war. Maybe, it's also because of how those tend to be big final arcs and this one wasn't too.

I can't imagine having to read this arc week to week at this point, Jesus.

The last Spy x Family episode should come out tomorrow, then I'll be done with this thread.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Spy x Family Episode 25: And with that, Twilight finally made contact with Donovan Desmond. I liked the first half more than the second half, but that's not because of the anime, it's because of the story. It's just that there was more spy stuff in the first half and I like that more than what Anya is doing at school, even though that's important too.

The second season and the movie are both things that I'm looking forward to, and I especially can't wait for that movie.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Part 2 of firsties:

Migi and Dali: Its always Clair de Lune. I'm spending the whole run time wondering when whatever turn is going to happen, because an entire show about conning old people just seems dull. I'll give episode 2 a shot, but this isn't really a good start.

Witch Family Circumstance: it's alright, but just not hitting for me.

Shangri-la Frontier: What a pleasant surprise. I expected nothing and got a shovelware champ dropping into AAA MMO. Animated really well to boot, unlike the other mmo show this season.

Overtake: I actually buy the conceit of a girls magazine covering Formula races because the racers are daredevils. Unlike MFG (which will probably have better races, in all honesty) they bothered to show an actual race in their first epiosde, as well as doing better character building along the way too. WHO THE FUCK USES WORN TIRES IN A FUCKING RACE?!?!?!? Tentatively continued.

16 bit: One minute in and there's already giant aniplex ads. "yeah, no one buys huge bombastic games in 2023. Not like Baldurs gate 3, Hifi Rush, Dredge, Lies of P or Pizza Tower exist. Just pump of Milf Maniacs 6 and get that fat shovelware money." Another really good showing.

Naughty Noble: Wow I was going to completment the OP on it's choice to go with a unique style, but then it did about 6 different ones throughout. Oh, it's one of these shows. Way to Combo Break.

Paradox Live: This has to be GoHands, right? No one else would pull of these kinds of shots with flat models. But their CG is way more janky. Wait, Pine Jam!? What kind of idol show is this, those are fucking nanomachines. Who does a tournament that starts in elimination then goes to round robin? Plot wise we get to to see more of the top bills, but in any decent story ou'd see all that charactre development in the qualifiers and use the elimination threat to raise the emotional stakes. Holy shit, I'm only halfway though. Oh it's Korean, that why the idols look like people and not moe blobs.

Under Ninja: What...? Why is America made of CG? Why does a teenager have a 5 o'clock shadow? God, I feel like the narrator to Soap. Only I don't want to convince people to watch more.

Four Sons: Wait, is this the one Crunchyroll got blasted on for doing the whole thing on AI? Because the pennies they give actual people was too much? I suspected when the friends name kept changing from Uto to Udo and back, but the whole "not my brother" bit was nonsense.

100 Girlfriends: I iked the Tsundere, but nothing else really grabbed me, and knowing what the series is about I'm not going to hang around when she'll be sidelined soon.

Protocol Rain: I'd like to see an idol become an Apex champ, but at the same time I don't care at all about the kid who murdered his dad by gaming too hard.

Potion Isekai: Wow this fees like it was made by someone who draws loli doujins. Or maybe has an unhealthy bobblehead fetish? I couldn't even make it 5 minutes in.

Man Bear Pig: Strike fucking two.

Tearmoon: "look down, look down, you'll always be a slave"

Returners Magic: Another case of decent idea but the exectution just leaves me not caring about any of it.

My Goofy Boss: This feels like they took one of those "My senpai is a loli" shows and made it for the BL crowd. Wait they actually made a female coworker, and gave her lines? That's better than some of this type of show already.

Well it's super fucking late so Freiren is going have to wait with it's 1.5 hr 1st ep, but I think that everything.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Why the fuck did you post it in the wrong thread? Last post was in february, so I'm sure this thread was super buried, and misclick doesn't explain it so a bookmark?Ç
    About 16-bit Layer: None of the games you mentioned are VNs/eroge, which is what's being discussed by MC and her boss as they're a VN eroge company. Vtubers/LNs/Gacha have reduced the market for huge plot focused eroge VN stuff like Yu-No, F/SN, Muramasa, etc. Way harder for smaller companies like them to do something like what MC was talking about
    Last edited by bassgs435; October 11th, 2023 at 12:32 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh. How did that happen?

Maybe autocomplete keeps things in the memory for longer than I expected. I probably just typed in fall anime in the address bar and picked the first option.
    Last edited by Mattias; October 11th, 2023 at 12:32 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.