Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] 108 men's Halloween Rebellion ~ A dragon lass's adaptation of The Water Margin

Blog Entries
    Man, I really wish the excess point from the previous build up can just be carried into the next one. I also think the 3 point boosting CEs should just be merged. I don't know, I think this auto-faming method is a bit too awkward.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Does it not carry over? Thought it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i really liked yan qing from ever his debut but for some reason i just cant into any of this event's character
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what to feel about the second Fujimaru vs Fujimaru Halloween in a row, even if both approach the concept completely differently.

Solo Ryuutan gatcha next week, what to do what to do what to do. No Don Quijote gatcha sucks though...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so Taigong gets to participate in this event in the end. I was hoping to see an interaction between him and Feihu.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Does it not carry over? Thought it did.
    It does. When you look at the gauges after a battle, the bright yellow is what you had before, the darker yellow is the new get, and if it's orange it means you "wrapped around" on a new gauge.

And just as visual proof:
    Spoiler:

Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Section 4: Huyan Zhuo and Huang Feihu - Devising countermeasures

On the government side, Huang approaches you about the recruitment of Servants. Who would be good? Thinking about the opponent and their bandits, you should go for someone more proper. Maybe like a ruler? Huang agrees, and will accompany you for the recruitment while Huyan stays behind.

Once you've left the camp, Huang starts to question you. What do you think of Huyan? She's strong and all, but a bit frail. Right, in that sense, Huang is the opposite. He doesn't mind battle, nor insults, nor even death. He can't relate easily to Huyan. So, don't you think it would be strange for her to be attacking her homeland in Mount Liang? She was good friends with Shi Jin, even. So, an idea then: Huang thinks they should go to the stronghold. There might be people there sympathetic to them!

Huang boldly enters the stronghold, saying he's come to hang out! Liz and the others greet him, confused that an enemy general would show up so casually. Liz seems excited at the prospect though: if Huang finds the stronghold exciting maybe he'll defect! Yan Qing seems doubtful, but with you asleep, Liz is in charge. With that decided, it's time to feast. Liz even offers to show Huang their alcohol waterfall. He takes a drink: quite delicious. Don Quixote wonders if he's gonna go fat from all the booze and food, but Sancho reassures him she takes care of his calories. Right...

Back in the hall, everyone toasts in honor of Huang Feihu. Ying Ke (newly arrived) sneaks up and starts to question Huang about his intentions. But he says he really did mostly come to hang out, perhaps find someone to recruit as well, though he now sees no such person is here. Please put away the knife. Ying Ke admits she'd probably been cleft in half before she could do anything, given who she's up against.

Liz comes up to Huang and asks if he'd want to join the stronghold. Huang refuses; Huyan would cry herself to death in that case. Yan Qing has a question too: Mount Liang Stronghold is trying to restore the Singularity, but what are they trying to do? Of course, Huang is also aiming for the same objective. Even if by the opposite method in trying to stop the stronghold.

Inshun shows himself at the feast, walks up to Huang and offers to spar, to which Huang readily accepts. The loser's gotta drink til they're drunk, adds Liz.

--- [Battle against <Houzouin Inshun>] ---

Amakusa declares Huang the winner. Inshun admits he's still got a ways to go. Blackbeard wants to go next, but Amakusa doesn't allow him to, since he can only ever fight to the death. Yagyuu (newly arrived) admits he also wants a go, to which Ying Ke and even Mandoricardo also chime in. After the fighting its gotten late, and Huang is returning. He couldn't find anyone worth recruiting.

Suddenly, Qin Liangyu appears before you, demanding to know if your bandits or not. To your surprise, Huang says yes, and Qin becomes belligerent. Before the battle can start, a voice in the darkness asks Qin if she needs help. She accepts, perhaps if you know his name, you'd give up without fighting. Right, Tai Gong Wang? Huang and Tai Gong stare at each other awkwardly (they know each other). Tai Gong sees through Huang's ruse, but plays along. Huang keeps up his bandit act, pretending he doesn't know Tai Gong. Tai Gong notices you in Huang's pocket: something must be up. Qin doesn't suspect anything however, and requests Tai Gong to back her up.

--- [Battle against <Tai Gong Wang + Qin Liangyu>] ---

Qin reels in the face of Huang's assault. Tai Gong notes how Huang is almost going all out, which could spell disaster for Qin. This is one strong bandit! How is that possible? In the name of Huang Feihu, he has to prove his honor! Oops, he said his name. Qin knows of him, of course... he's Tai Gong's friend!

With the battle concluded, Qin apologizes profusely. Huang says he should apologize. He just wanted to test them. Tai Gong scolds Huang for going all out, Qin could've died. Huang feels a bit embarrassed, but he had to know how strong Qin was. Anyway, Tai Gong Wang has asked long enough, and asks about what's really going on.

You return to the camp, Qin and Tai Gong in tow, having explained the circumstances on the way. Both Qin feels like Huyan makes for a good commander. Tai Gong doesn't feel all to redundant, despite their similar roles: if Huang approves of Huyan, then so will he. Finally, the person in question comes out to greet them. There was a night assault while they were out, but they repelled it. Qin and Tai Gong introduce themselves to her. After hearing their names, Huyan faints in awe of their fame. How is she supposed to compare? Qin looks on, a bit incredulous.

After Huyan wakes up, she finally introduces herself to their new allies. She's the person who's was appointed to lead the assault against Mount Liang. For some reason, Tai Gong wants to shake her hand to secure their accord. Huyan is a bit embarrassed, but agrees. You look on suspiciously. Something's up with Tai Gong. In any case, Qin is assigned to the left flank of their forces, with Huang on the right. Tai Gong will serve as a tactician for the whole. Tomorrow, they're heading for Mount Liang Stronghold once again!

Afterward, Tai Gong and Huang talk outside. Huyan mentioned being 'appointed', by who, exactly? Huang doesn't know either; he's been looking into it too. Back when he shook hands, he noticed some kind of spell being applied to her. She herself probably doesn't know, but rather just instinctively knows she's in charge. That spell really is something dangerous. Huang had his suspicions, but couldn't confirm it. There's something lurking in this Singularity that's manipulating things from behind the scenes. Either way, the next battle will prove illuminating. Something is bound to happen now that their side has received reinforcements.

---

Back at the stronghold, Ying Ke and Yagyuu are drinking together, with Ying Ke relating tales of thievery to the old man. Zenobia and Inshun sit together as well, discussing the merits and demerits of their weapons of choice. Koutarou (newly arrived) overhears their conversation, and suggests rather than arrows or spears, rocks are the best. Unlike them, rocks have effectiveness no matter the range or situation. Weirdly persuasive line of reasoning! Blackbeard chimes in, what about guns? Yeah, but then there's no argument...

Avicebron brings up his new Mapo Tofu Golem idea to Robin, who is starting to feel bad for the enemy if they have to fight that. He asks Mandoricardo for his opinion, who suggests a Fermented Tofu Golem. Avicebron seems oddly receptive to the idea. Boudica gets mad at them for playing with the food. Avicebron quickly gives up his new ideas at her chiding. Robin suggests a Trap Golem instead. Mandoricardo doesn't like the idea. He's an adventurer, has had to deal with too many traps in his life.

Outside, Da Vinci calls you up. More summons are ready. Blackbeard hopes they're cute girl, at least. The sky flashes, and suddenly Nursery Rhyme stands before you. Blackbeard isn't quite satisfied; too young! Next up is Lobo, who immediatly starts biting Blackbeard until Nursery stops him. Just pure instinct. Lobo seems a bit at unease, and jumps away. He doesn't seem to like the smell of alchohol. Last is Abigail Williams. Molay greets her as the original Foreigner. What an honor! How about they go for a Foreigner tea party tonight? Abigail declines, on account of how late it is. Hokusai told her to not stay up at night. Oh well, some other time!

Molay takes you aside, still thinking about that one part of your soul. Could it be that it's floated over to the enemy side? Do you feel bad? Not really. Probably being well taken care of, then. Won't make much of a hostage either. If that other you die, they'll just return back to here. Goredolf overhears the conversation, feeling a bit worried. Molay reassures him it'll be fine if they take care of the singularity. You'll place your trust in Molay, which she is overjoyed to hear.

Back in the stronghold, Liz informs you that the day is close that Mount Liang Stronghold is complete. This means they gotta drink. Ying Ke is completely smashed, and Lobo is eating meat of the floor. Yan Qing sighs, and takes Liz outside. She shouldn't be here for this.

Yan Qing tells Liz to sit down and eat while they watch the stars. They are the ones of the Stars of Destiny after all. Makes the stars shine are their duty. You come up to them too, asking the two of them about their former ally in Huyan Zhuo. She's the wielder of the iron-whips. Or was it bronze? Anyway, that's bad enough, but she's also a master rider and archer. She's famous for her linked-horse formation. It's like a being hit by a black tsunami! Is there no way for her to become their ally? Well if there is, it's only by winning in battle. That's how their world works! In his mind, Yan Qing is still doubtful. Huyan still remembers everything, so why is she not coming over to their side?

In an undisclosed location, the two shadows are talking. The final battle draws close, with both sides unaware that the magical energy for them comes from the shadows. The time of harvest has come. They cackle evilly.
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 15th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what point bonus is everyone focusing on? I'm doing Blue (50%) > Red (20%, would be nice to get a drop) > Green (20%) because the QP is more useful to me than anything else really.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blue all the way, I don't need any of the mats or EXP, and after the Summer and Guda Guda event my QP resources have lowered a bit too much.

Green focused since I'm working on a level 120 atm

Speaking of which, is this event worth using some apples on or is it really poor in terms of AP/returns?

I speak, of course, of when the good final nodes go live not right now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Going to be spending apples to burn through these apples we got fr LB5.2 road.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Teapots you mean? I have the nasty suspicion that all of the new ones we got stacked with the old ones and picked up the same expiration date.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Taste the Rainbow
    yeah, I'm using teapots now while sadly checking the expiry date
    red points once they're spent, QP and exp can last until whenever the next lotto is

also got NP2 ozy from a silver card turning gold, what a rollercoaster of feelings

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Teapots you mean? I have the nasty suspicion that all of the new ones we got stacked with the old ones and picked up the same expiration date.
    Yes, that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Section 5: The Government Forces Strike Back

Back at the government forces camp, Huyan announces the new formation they'll use given their new commanders. Qin on the left flank, Huang on the right. Tai Gong will act as overall tactician. With the plan in place, they head out for the third battle with Mount Liang.

Back at the stronghold, the bell rings, indicating a battle is imminent. Don Quixote is rearing to go, but Sancho forbids him from taking the front. Boudica remarks the enemy army has grown stronger since last time. One night isn't enough to strengthen the troops, meaning: they got new commanders. Robin reports that two new Servants have joined the enemy army: Qin Liangyu and Tai Gong Wang. Wait, the real one?! Mandoricardo is shocked. Amakusa grows nervous, but they have no choice but to fight. Alright, Mount Liang Stronghold, sortie!

---

Up on the rampart walls, Robin is engaged in archery with the enemy army, lead by Qin. His troops feel overwhelmed and fear even peering their heads out to retaliate. Zenobia comes to help.

Down on the battlefield, Mandoricardo and Ying Ke are engaged in combat with Huang. Ying Ke feigns retreat, and from the shadows Yagyuu strikes, but Huang dodges even that. Huang lets slip that he's only this strong because of his Master. This is related by Liz to Molay on another part of the battlefield, who figures out that the enemy has a pumpkin-head version of you as their Master. Regardless, right now you have no choice but to fight.

--- [Battle against <Government Soldiers>] ---

You've withstood the assault for now. But immediately following it, Huyan comes attacking personally, challenging Liz and Yan Qing to battle. However, would they choose to surrender, she would let no harm come to them. Yan Qing refuses, no self-respecting Mount Liang bandit would surrender. Huyan sighs, and hands over command to the army to Tai Gong: she's going to duel Liz to achieve supremacy. Liz prays to Shi Jin to lend her power, confirming Huyan suspicions that he was still in there. The duel begins.

--- [Battle against <Huyan Zhuo> (Nine-Tattoo Dragon Liz forced solo support)(win when Liz is defeated)] ---

Liz is defeated, but refuses to surrender. She starts to childishly call Huyan names. "Stupid, stupid, stuuupid! I HATE you, Huyan!!" The words prove near fatal for Huyan, who spits out blood. Tai Gong suggests they retreat. They'll have plenty opportunity later. Internally, he plots his next step: to contact someone on the other side in secret. He hands over his business card to Molay before calling for a general retreat.

Zenobia watches on as the enemy troops retreat from above the walls. Robin immediately calls for people to help him re-establish his traps, to which Avicebron lends his golems. They're capable of more delicate work than you'd think.

Spirits aren't as high as usual after the battle. You know you might've survived, but the battle was undoubtedly a loss. And yet, Ying Ke opens up their usual feast with fervor, despite Mandoricardo's protests to take things a bit more seriously. After all, they have to cheer up Liz, who is bawling her eyeballs out while having a tantrum on the floor. She's actually more sad about telling Huyan she hates her than losing, though. You come up and try to calm her down. Amakusa thinks it's totally fine to say stuff like that with Huyan trying to destroy them, but Liz isn't having it.

Mata Hari advises Liz to apologize to her. She might be trying to destroy Mount Liang Stronghold, but that doesn't mean you have to hate eachother. Given how Huyan reacted to Liz saying it, she probably doesn't hate Liz either. They can definitely make up, eventually! The talk regains Liz' spirit, and she goes back to eating dinner. Amakusa thanks Mata Hari for the talk. It's true Huyan doesn't seem to think she's doing anything bad, something which Amakusa finds curious.

Outside, Molay thinks back on the card she got from Tai Gong. Let's summarize: the opponent thinks taking down the stronghold will fix the Singularity, while her side thinks completing it will fix it. In a way, the enemy is right to think that way, but, because Nine-Tattoo Dragon Liz is on the Mount Liang side, it proves that they are right. There's something of a contradiction here...

Tai Gong contacts her through the card (actually a charm) and confirms her suspicions. Molay reassures him they're alone so he can spill it about the Singularity. Tai Gong gets right to it: as far as he can tell, either of them winning will probably result in their own destruction. So, the question remains, what can be done about that?

---

Back at the government force camp, Huyan feels sheepish after her screw-up, trying to reassure herself everything is fine. Huang disagrees, telling her to stay put while he takes care of the troops. You start to worry about Huyan, who eventually breaks down. Of course someone would say that if she was trying to destroy them! But she's got her own reasons! You ask about those reasons, and Huyan eventually agress as long as you hold onto her and make sure she doesn't feel lonely. Oh, and that you praise her between each sentence she speaks. You call her amazing, and she begins...

It takes a while, but eventually, Huyan has finished relating her circumstances to you. You advise her to say that to Liz if she doesn't want to regret it forever. Huyan finds it impossible. What if Liz says she hates Huyan again?! And what if they notice? You try to praise her and assure her everything is fine. Huyan eventually agrees, as long as you praise her some more.

Huang comes back later, finding Huyan squirming on the floor. She wakes up to greet him. Too many compliments. Huyan is now convinced she's the greatesst person in the world. In any case, Huang wants to know what the plan for tomorrow is. Huyan greedily declares she'll destroy Mount Liang AND make everyone her friend at the same time. Just like Song Jiang once did! Huang is surprised, but he likes the idea. Well, if they lose, they lose. Huyan chuckles, seems Huang doesn't get her yet. If she thinks about losing before battle, she'll be so crippled by fear she won't be able to move. Let's just only think about winning, okay?! Qin praises her positive thinking (?). Smoothly played. Anyway, they have to formulate a plan: call Tai Gong!

Tai Gong has arrived, and Huyan request of him to formulate a plan that doesn't require them to kill any of the enemy Servants. Tai Gong admits it will be difficult, but it's a tactician's job to realize their ruler's ambitions. They'll need something bold. So, Huyan wants to prevent any killing, and make the enemy her ally? Well, then here's the plan.......

Back at the stronghold, Molay calls you out to the walls together with Yan Qing and Amakusa. It's urgent. She explains how she's talked to Tai Gong, and Yan Qing quickly gets hostile. Molay panics, telling him she's not doing a betrayal. Then, does that mean Tai Gong is? Neither, actually. She's trying to analyze things here. Yan Qing knows about Mount Liang Stronghold, while Amakusa is well versed in magecraft. Molay starts from her conclusion: when Mount Liang Stronghold is complete, it will turn into a magecraft ritual that will sacrifice all the Servants used to construct it. All of the magical energy generated will flow into someone, or something. But what? Or who?

Tai Gong introduces himself, communicating once again through his charm. He's an expert on the Xian arts and he can tell you some of it is at work. But not just that, something about this ritual speaks of the mastermind's true nature. It's not just that they won't show themself; they can't. Their devious ploy shows they're more desperate than you'd think. Anyway, knowing the completion of Mount Liang Stronghold is dangerous, what will you do? It's hard to actually stop at this point, and besides, Liz, would cry. Tai Gong admits the easiest option would be to give up the stronghold and let all the Servants die, but you refuse.

Tai Gong agrees, he doesn't like that option either. Fortunately, he's gotten reassurance from Huyan that nobody ought to die. Huyan wants to make up with Liz, too. Everyone's objective is in accord. Yan Qing protests, does Tai Gong really think... that those two are mature enough to just make up like that?! Amakusa laughs, imagining Liz and Huyan coming up to each other trying to make up, only for them start quibbling again about who gets to be whose subordinate, before going back to fighting.

In any case, explaining all this to them isn't going to be very productive. They'll have to work it out somehow. Probably through another duel, so they can let it all out. Molay asks about how they're going to deal with the ritual, though. Tai Gong asks them to destroy the mechanisms behind it until morning.

You, Amakusa, Yan Qing and Molay find yourself back in the feast hall, not sure what to search for. Mash is helping out too. Suddenly, you get an idea: Liz Particles! Yan Qing remembers something about it from the Mecha-Liz event. They just have to trace them. Mash does a scan. Outside of Liz herself, she's detected a great amount beneath the stronghold. She leads you outside until you arrive at a cave.

As you get deeper, Amakusa eventually stops. He's spotted on the the mechanisms. It's just all sorts of spells from different cultures all over the world. There are tons of traps around it as well. It's gonna be tough for them to disarm it all and they only have 7 hours til morning. Amakusa has a plan, asking you to call for Lobo. Amakusa and Lobo together have a good chance of breaking through.

After you and Yan Qing leave, Lobo eventually arrives. Amakusa asks he only help him detect the traps. The disarming he can do on his own. Hessian gives a thumps up, and they get to work.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    wow Huyan got her own CG.

based Toridamono.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Section 6: The Heavenly Virtues and Earthly Evils at Full Display

Liz greets you good morning. The time for the final battle has finally come, and Liz has so much to say to Huyan. But first, they eat. Unfortunately for Liz, today's breakfast is by the ascetic Inshun. Boudica saves the day, having put aside some meat for her. You eat the vegetarian meal, however. Yan sits down at the table and reports Amakusa and Lobo are making progress, but aren't done. On the other side, Molay reports that Huyan is feeling extra motivated. Hopefully she and Liz can hit it off. Still no clue about the mastermind of the Singularity, however.

On another side of the table, Ying Ke and Don Quixote are drinking already, with Sanco confiscating her master's booze. Blackbeard requests some booze too, which Sancho provides without fuss. Even Yagyuu is indulging, already tipsy enough that he can't even come up with a good analogy for how good the drink is. Mandoricardo idly thinks about how varied the alcohol varieties have become since they got here. You don't even need to eat to get full, and it gets more delicious every time. Is it cursed or something?

Robin pessimistically thinks about the upcoming battle. Is this gonna go alright? Zenobia tells him he should be more confident. They both could've avoided their doom, but didn't. Therefore, her answer to his question is: they'll just have to do it regardless. Well, she does want to win this time, though, unlike in her lifetime. They drink to it.

Abigail looks on enviously at the adults drinking. Nursery stops her friend from indulging, however. Children can dream without the need of alcohol, and conversely, that means that once you cannot, you've become an adult. Is that how that works?

Liz finishes her drink (non-alcoholic) and readies for battle. Boudica idly comments that maybe it's fine for Liz to drink, since she acts like an adult on the inside, but Liz says its fine like it is. If she drank alcohol, Boudica would be sad. Regardless, lead by the Stars of Destiny, they now head onto battle!

Over on the government forces side, Huyan is currently receiving a praising session from you. She might get addicted to this. Qin comes in to report. This is dire, Huang wrote down a note, and then disappeared! When they confront Tai Gong about it, he says he knew about it in advance. Huyan demands he report this faster, don't you know how much she worries?! Well, he didn't want to worry her. Anyway, who knows when or if he'll return. He headed for the deepest reaches of Mount Liang Stronghold, after all.

Down in the cave, Amakusa is still struggling against the traps. Lobo informs him that they're running out of time. Then, out of the shadows comes Huang, offering his assistance. He's arrived at Tai Gong's request. He'll have to leave the stuff with Huyan and Liz to the others. For now, they'll have to get through this.

--- [Battle against <Automated Defense Devices>(Amakusa + Lobo + Huang Feihu forced support)] ---

The three make steady progress in the cave. Amakusa feels a bit hesitant at his personnel, but keeps going.

On the battlefield, Liz and Huyan stare each other down. Not out of hatred, but pride. This is more like a sibling quarrel. They've both got things they can't give up on. And that's why their quarrel has turned into a battle. In the midst of Liz and Huyan's stare down, you calmly greet your other half. Yagyuu idly wonders what came of Huang, and at this, Huyan loudly exclaims he had to go to the toilet. What a cliche excuse. Servants don't even have to do that. Huyan realizes this too, and panics, freezing on the spot.

So... Huang isn't coming? Qin admits as much, and tries to get back to the more serious mood from before. In response, a completely smashed Ying Ke says the enemy's got two Qins anyway, so what do they need Huang for? God, this is why Qin hates bandits. Yagyuu takes offense, he's more of a... bodyguard. He's gotta admit its not so bad to indulge in alcohol and get into fights. He get it now, Mitsuyoshi.

The drunken revelry on the enemy side lifts Huyan's spirits. This is their chance! She once again challenges Liz to a duel, and asks her Master to prepare themselves. Liz does the same.

- My name is Huyan Zhuo, the leading Star of Destiny I follow is the one of Heavenly Force!
    No matter the stigma that may follow my name, I have resolved to once again be with the government...
    And so, I shall smite Mount Liang Stronghold right here, right now.

- My name is Nine-Tattoo Dragon Liz, the leading Star of Destiny I follow is the one of the Minute!
    I shall protect Mount Liang Stronghold, because... this is my homeland!

May the best woman win!

(You choose to side with Liz for the battle)

--- [Battle against <Huyan Zhuo> (Liz solo)] ---

Though ragged for breath, Liz stands victorious. Huyan forces herself up, demanding to continue the fight, but Liz refuses: they used to be allies! Right, Huyan knows as much. In any case, there's something she has to tell Liz. Does Liz remember how Mount Liang Stronghold ended up? They ended up aiding the Song Dynasty against Fang La, and there, Shi Jin was killed. Liz understands, but doesn't grieve it. Such destiny awaits us all. But Huyan won't have it. Shi Jin didn't have to die! They fought so well, so long, lead by Song Jiang and the stars, and yet, when their ends came, they had nothing to show for it. Nothing but their corpses.

She calls out to Yan Qing, who together with Huyan was one of the survivors. Does he not remember? Of course he does! Mount Liang is was not some paradise. It was simply where broken dreams came to rest. There was once a bandit who had told her, that they'd wanted to do something good for once, before knocking her out of the way, and saving her life in exchange of their own. Huyan starts crying. She could never show her face to Mount Liang once more, after that. The battlefield grows still, the sound of fighting abating, with nothing but the sobbing of the two leader to be heard.

Huyan begs Liz to give up on Mount Liang Stronghold, but she's still resolute. It was such a fun place. There was bad, but there was also good. Everyone lived life to the fullest. And this time, she intends to make it right! She swears upon her name, that she'll make a righteous stronghold this time around. That's what Shi Jin wants! She pleads to Huyan to join her. They need her, what with all the stupid drunkards they have now. Even her Master is pretty crazy! Goredolf calls in to confirm to your protests. Liz swears she'll never let things end up the same way. You ask Huyan if she didn't enjoy Mount Liang?

Huyan hesitates, before recalling her time there. Day after day, people relied on her, spent time with her. Of course it was fun. The 108 Stars of Destiny gathered, and their fate was decided. They did good, punished evil, and swore loyalty to their country. And then, blood was spilled, and they died. She recalls their finest day, a holiday of celebration, when their stronghold was at its most beautiful. The voices of the fine men who attended... but in her nightmares, it lies abandoned, a hollow paradise.

It was fun, she concludes, and that's why she doesn't want it back. She could never see it destroyed again. And that's why she had to stop its formation. Suddenly, an unknown voice calls out. It's Liz's dragon-headed staff. That's where Shi Jin had hid all along. He calls out to Huyan. He admits that in some ways, he regrets his demise too. But without the stronghold, he would've just been a scoundrel into the end. Which is why, even if he had a second chance, he'd do it all over again. Huyan calls him an idiot, to which he agrees. Anyway, talking like this gets him tired, and he asks Liz to take over again.

Huyan asks if the current stronghold is to Liz's liking. And yes, of course it is. Huyan smiles, and orders her army to stop fighting. Of course, they had done so awhile ago already, to her embarrassment. Liz wonders if that means Huyan will join them, but she's still hesitant. Tai Gong says he's already decided to go over, and so has Qin, as long as they're on the side of justice. Blackbeard assures her, they're nothing but heroes (bold lie). Zenobia tries to win some trust back. Blackbeard's not all bad, he's pretty good at being evil. Blackbeard doesn't feel much at her reassurance, so Don Quixote tries his hand: Blackbeard is a great pirate, and sometimes there are things only pirates can do.

Qin chuckles at the banter. Suppose it can't be that bad then. Huyan is still unsure, but eventually lets Liz convince her. She lets you do the honors. You go forward to shake her hand when... something evil bursts forth between you! Yan Qing feels something come over him. Shi Jin awakens again, suddenly remembering why he became like this in the first place. Its them, their true enemy! The Four Villains!
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 17th, 2022 at 03:04 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Man, this event is not loved for, is it?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Man, this event is not loved for, is it?
    I was going to ask who exactly the Four Villains are, I tried looking that term up and got nothing. Were they from Water Margin too?