Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast

Thread: [FGO JP Event] 108 men's Halloween Rebellion ~ A dragon lass's adaptation of The Water Margin

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    I'd just like to complain about how the Halloween events aren't REALLY Halloween events. The first one was, but after that they were just parodies of stuff with pumpkin and undead themed enemies. In part, this is because they keep forcing Liz as the welfare, and they already had the "Halloween Elizabeth". But even the one time they didn't do Elizabeth, we didn't really get a Halloween event or themed Servant either.
    Yeah, the only Halloween thing about this Halloween event is them telling you that it's the event for Halloween.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Now I'm wondering if the ruckus about no Halloween Events between Oniland and Cinderella was because them wanting the Halloween part or Eli.

And yes, it would've been more flexible creative-wise if Eli weren't tied to Halloween Events.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    There's really no reason for Halloween to be tied to Liz either so its obvious its only done out of tradition at this point.

Which makes no sense because we get a different Santa Servant every year, so why is Liz specifically tied to a Holiday? Does Nasu like her that much?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would be much easier to burn through these teapots if I wasn't insistent on using full event Servants and bond point gain CEs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzu View Post
    There's really no reason for Halloween to be tied to Liz either so its obvious its only done out of tradition at this point.

Which makes no sense because we get a different Santa Servant every year, so why is Liz specifically tied to a Holiday? Does Nasu like her that much?
    Probably.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Only 12 more stupid teapots to go, at least I'll finish before they expire.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Welp, there goes 20 teapots. I wasn't going to sacrifice sleep time for them, but it really sucks that Lasagne made them expire so early.

Taste the Rainbow
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Welp, there goes 20 teapots. I wasn't going to sacrifice sleep time for them, but it really sucks that Lasagne made them expire so early.
    This is the correct decision
    I stayed up late refreshing for the one murasaki teatime on my friendlist and all I got was intense hatred for my friend list, lasagne, and myself
    and like 4 quartz from bond points I guess

In the end I didn't roll for Yagyuu, seeing as how annoying those farming quests are starting to be I decided to instead use my tickets on Oberon's gatcha in Road to LB7 (now Lasagne will kick me in the ass and only add Melusine and Morgan in it). Though it does help that he will probably be accompanied by all the 4* LB6 Servants, otherwise I would have hesitated a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Now I'm wondering if the ruckus about no Halloween Events between Oniland and Cinderella was because them wanting the Halloween part or Eli.

And yes, it would've been more flexible creative-wise if Eli weren't tied to Halloween Events.
    This remind me of this really good crack theory from like 2019 about Halloween. Essentially, it posited that Liz's castle during halloween acted as the linchpin (like Rhongo) which held "halloween" in place for those three years, and when MHXX cut it apart in the last one, the texture of the cultural concept of halloween disappeared. The period of October was then conceptually treated as "blank", because halloween events used to start way earlier than actual halloween, and after this happened, it happened much later, while also not really being a halloween event. Basically, the idea was that the "common sense of halloween" was changing due to being encroached upon by that of another universe (the Servant universe). It more or less followed the exact case model that is presented to us for how Lostbelts work, and also somehow related to Salem a lot I remember (because of outer gods but idr exactly what it was). Basically this:

Liz uses her castle to "pin down" the concept of halloween similar to how textures are pinned by Rhon etc (that's why it's a recurring event especially here where it's almost like direct continuations)

In Salem, Raum uses the silver key in an attempt to bring an outer god into the world to bring salvation to humanity, and even though his plan doesn't succeed, it sort of creates a "bridge" between earth/our reality and outer/deep space and the outer gods (because it's been stated that they just need a tiny bit of access to get hold of reality or w/e) which is how new foreigners can keep appearing and going by these theories it's also what allows characters from the servant universe (or at least the deeper parts of it) to appear

In this case, MHXX who is from these deep parts and has some vague connection to outer gods, is able to appear later on, and after 3 years she appears in halloween and cuts the castle that is holding Liz's halloween texture in place

The halloween texture disappears without something holding it in place -> there's a period of "blankness" -> in the place of halloween there's now something entirely different trying to encroach on it (saber wars 2)
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    cleared CQ with Summer Musashi. I am glad I rolled her.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    This remind me of this really good crack theory from like 2019 about Halloween. Essentially, it posited that Liz's castle during halloween acted as the linchpin (like Rhongo) which held "halloween" in place for those three years, and when MHXX cut it apart in the last one, the texture of the cultural concept of halloween disappeared. The period of October was then conceptually treated as "blank", because halloween events used to start way earlier than actual halloween, and after this happened, it happened much later, while also not really being a halloween event. Basically, the idea was that the "common sense of halloween" was changing due to being encroached upon by that of another universe (the Servant universe). It more or less followed the exact case model that is presented to us for how Lostbelts work, and also somehow related to Salem a lot I remember (because of outer gods but idr exactly what it was). Basically this:

Liz uses her castle to "pin down" the concept of halloween similar to how textures are pinned by Rhon etc (that's why it's a recurring event especially here where it's almost like direct continuations)

In Salem, Raum uses the silver key in an attempt to bring an outer god into the world to bring salvation to humanity, and even though his plan doesn't succeed, it sort of creates a "bridge" between earth/our reality and outer/deep space and the outer gods (because it's been stated that they just need a tiny bit of access to get hold of reality or w/e) which is how new foreigners can keep appearing and going by these theories it's also what allows characters from the servant universe (or at least the deeper parts of it) to appear

In this case, MHXX who is from these deep parts and has some vague connection to outer gods, is able to appear later on, and after 3 years she appears in halloween and cuts the castle that is holding Liz's halloween texture in place

The halloween texture disappears without something holding it in place -> there's a period of "blankness" -> in the place of halloween there's now something entirely different trying to encroach on it (saber wars 2)
    Who would have though, Halloween story hides a much more scary story behind, it's the one responsible for spawning a Saber Wars event. Truly a terrifying theory.

Blog Entries
    Attempted to 3T the 90++ node with a Paris setup. Got really close, but I wish there's another unit other than Kiyohime that can give enemies a buff so that Paris can proc the weakness effect more reliably.

Does Kiyo have to clear wave 2 for that to work?

Blog Entries
    Might work with double Oberon or a max grailed, max fou Kiyo, neither which I can afford.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't care enough to spend apples outside of the teapots, so not worried about min turning.

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, the teapots have expired already. At least I managed to use most of them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    w
    What
    Ihad 70 of them...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I managed to use all of mine (on subpar early event nodes).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    w
    What
    Ihad 70 of them...
    What can I say except F
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I used all of mine without looking because I forgot to ever turn them off.