Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat This

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Source

Full body
    Ever since playing PLA I figured this guy would fit my usual brand of edge, though I don't have any names I can use for him yet.
    Feel free to integrate the Giratina into the sheet as NP/familiar/ancient phantasmal beast/whatever if the inspiration hits.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pokémon is too iconic I literally can't do it.

Blog Entries
    Eh, I'm primarily concerned with the guy. Think of the Pokemon as optional objective if it helps.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That FC feels like it'd fit a decadent Roman emperor type Servant. Commodus could work even though I've already written a sheet for him (and as a genderbend).

My immediate thought seeing this was "demon summoner." Which quickly transitioned into looking up significant figures in demonology because I know jack all about demons and their summoners. This lead me to The Grimoire of Pope Honorius, which is a book instructing how to control demons in the name of God that was purportedly written by Pope Honorius III... but was actually made four hundred years after his death and is speculated to have been an attempt to trick churches into performing demonic rituals. And I'm reading this and am like, "Oh, this is perfect."

So, I was thinking a Faker/Pretender (not 100% sure on the difference between the two) who claims to be Pope Honorius III as a Caster, but is actually the nameless author of Grimoire trying to bring the masses under his dark god's influence. Giratina can even stay as an avatar for said dark god, which is, of course, summoned as part of his NP.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i have returned
    asking to get in queue

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chat the Cat View Post
    My immediate thought seeing this was "demon summoner." Which quickly transitioned into looking up significant figures in demonology because I know jack all about demons and their summoners. This lead me to The Grimoire of Pope Honorius, which is a book instructing how to control demons in the name of God that was purportedly written by Pope Honorius III... but was actually made four hundred years after his death and is speculated to have been an attempt to trick churches into performing demonic rituals. And I'm reading this and am like, "Oh, this is perfect."

So, I was thinking a Faker/Pretender (not 100% sure on the difference between the two) who claims to be Pope Honorius III as a Caster, but is actually the nameless author of Grimoire trying to bring the masses under his dark god's influence. Giratina can even stay as an avatar for said dark god, which is, of course, summoned as part of his NP.
    Judging by the one Canon example of Faker, they're supposed to be people who have no identities besides being fakes. So it sounds like it would fit there.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelror View Post
    i have returned
    asking to get in queue
    I will add you once a spot in the queue opens up.

Blog Entries
    My mind drifts to the Dream Demons of Greek/Roman myth
    While brainstorming I had a new weird idea based on them.
    Hmm...for some reason, I'm thinking someone else might be a good candidate for it
    sutaa, if ya reading this, interested in choices and dreams with hints of the greek mecha lore?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    DelRey-senpai's summoning me, uwaa................. I'll take a stab at it!

s h i e l d e r
    PHOBOS

The embodiment of fear and panic who appears in Greek mythology, brother to Deimos (terror and dread), child of Ares and Aphrodite. To be more precise, the Probe for the Heuristic Observation of Behavioural Operation on Sentients, part of a series of children (experimental probes) produced by the Machine Gods to assess and catalogue the human condition in response to various stimuli - in this case, fear. In addition to having the off-class skill Presence Concealment (as humanity at its core accepts the idea thatfear is everywhere,that Phobos' ability to conceal himself is of the EX rank is obvious), he likewise holds an A rank in Human Observation (Conditioning), reflecting not only his ability to process and comprehend the character of humans, but to quickly determine triggers he can use to encourage certain behaviours. Meanwhile the veritable smorgasbord of hallucinogenic cocktails, subliminal light patterns, and ultrasonic sound clips his body comes equipped with accounts for the skills Pheromone (Repulsion) B and Evaporation of Reason (External) A, guaranteeing all but the strongest wills in his presence will steadily start to buckle under pressure. Snuffing out the ideal trigger to induce an instinctive fear response, then abusing said trigger past the point of absurdity... that is his「prime directive.」That is his purpose, as appointed by the two Machine Gods whose Authority over the human spirit holds strong.

Leon Phobo
    To a Place of Safety I Bid you Return
    Yet fear exists for a reason, to discourage negative behaviours. To encourage cohesion and dependency upon the group, precisely why Phobos saw worship among the people of Sparta. Precisely why understanding fear, and how to control the actions of sentients through its use, was of such import to the gods. It is said upon the shield of Agamemnon, among the name of his brother Deimos and a depiction of the fearsome Gorgon, there is Phobos. Why the face of Phobos, his garish blonde hair taken as the mane of a lion, appears on a shield of Heracles.

Invoking the raw power of fear over the human condition, Phobos conjures forth a simulacrum of his original machine body, a distorted, almost draconic creature that towers over the horizon. Those who aren't compelled to flee while they can are instead paralysed by fear as they meet the beast's eye, by a gaze horrific as that of the Gorgon. The mind shuts down, adrenaline pumping through the veins and the heart pounding at a rapid pace, making intelligent thought impossible. Rationality snaps under the trained, learned, innate irrational fear that is phobia, Phobos. Thus the human mind becomes open to all manner of conditioning, desperately accepting all they are given. By associating words and concepts with the stimuli of his Noble Phantasm, Phobos trains his victim to consider them anathema, driving them deep into the subject's instincts - there is no reason for a human of the modern age to fear a tiny spider, the outdoors, clowns, yet fear them they do.

A power that shields humanity from potential harm. A power that shields the gods from potential rebellion.
    Last edited by sutaa; November 23rd, 2022 at 04:07 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    sutaa's Shielders are guaranteed quality. An offensive shield NP that's still conceptually defensive despite its use? I love it.

Blog Entries
    Yup, now that's an impressive concept. The basic idea ("fear") is simple enough, but I love how you managed to dissect and integrate that concept into his Skills and NP. Great job, man.

I'm also liking both Royd and Chat's concept as well. I wonder if there's a Roman Emperor somewhere known for their interest in occultism. That might be a good excuse for me to revive Kamera's Demon Pillar project...

Blog Entries
    Glad you like! For a Roman emperor, you could maybe go with Elagabalus? The stone used to represent his (foreign, crazy on the syncretism) god was a black cone, so you could probably bullshit it into some sort of Giratina-like dragon creature.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It all fits the FC very well. Giratina's design (and color scheme specially) does have some similarities with Mother Harlot's discount demon pillars.

Blog Entries
    sutaa, thats a damn quality concept, love it
    I never thought about Phobos and Deimos in the mecha context, but you made one intelligent concept that is canon worthy.
    expect a mail from me shortly
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Yeah, that's an awesome fear shield boy.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whelp, I believe it is my turn now. This is one I’ve had in mind for a while, so it’ll be fun to see other people’s idea!

Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    Hmm, feels Chinese, Buddhist, or Taoist. Someone from the Water Margin, maybe? Imma see if I can find a specific name...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Presumably some Indian warrior-monk/priest. Unfortunately that part of the world is mostly my blind-spot. Also I'd like to be added to the queue please.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Presumably some Indian warrior-monk/priest. Unfortunately that part of the world is mostly my blind-spot. Also I'd like to be added to the queue please.
    Okay seems like the queue is consistently overbooked so I'm opening one more slot, now up to 6