Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat This

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    ...the immediate cursed thought I get from all those crosses is Pontius Pilate.
    Spoiler:

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, was there a female Catholic Saint known for their brutality? Olga of Kiev springs to mind, but she feels too obvious.

Alternatively, rather than a Catholic Saint, you could go the opposite way and make her a figure known for slaughtering Christians. Someone like... Berserker/Avenger Mary Tudor?
    Last edited by BnEl15; November 27th, 2022 at 01:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mary Tudor was one of my first thought as well yeah, there could def be something there

My actual first thought was that this might work for a Dead Apostle and/or other vampiric figure

Those two ideas may be able to be combined, too

EDIT - Just remembered Tarkus and Bruford from JoJo, knights of Mary Tudor later resurrected by a vampire lol
    Last edited by Serra; November 27th, 2022 at 01:31 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The most obvious NP for Mary is obviously the whole "burning Protestants at the stake" bit, or the Bloody Mary ritual if you combine her with the urban legend (reminds me of that one Jojo stand that can jump in and out of reflective surfaces), but I'm also thinking on how to integrate the moon to the NP. That'd be interesting, if I can make it work..

Edit:
    Dang, can't believe we can have two Jojo-inspired NPs for a Mary Tudor sheet lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The most obvious NP for Mary is obviously the whole "burning Protestants at the stake" bit, or the Bloody Mary ritual if you combine her with the urban legend (reminds me of that one Jojo stand that can jump in and out of reflective surfaces), but I'm also thinking on how to integrate the moon to the NP. That'd be interesting, if I can make it work..
    Could have both - the Bloody Mary thing as a support for her movement and the burning at the stake as an attack method. As for the moon thing, I'm reminded of the sun NP for your Joshua sheet, enforcing the concept that 'the sun is there' even during nighttime. Maybe she can hold an artificial blood moon still as long as she's burniong someone at the stake, and benefit from it negating the concept of daytime to some extent?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The mention of Pilate and discussions of Mary got me thinking- what about Mary Magdalene? You could take in the Bloody Mary aspect as well, tie it into the shroud of Turin- have her function around being able to imprint singular aspects of Christ on to people as she did the shroud.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    twisted bitch faceclaim for a twisted bitch
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Dyer
    she claimed to be an angel-maker to her own children. acts as a nice caretaker while actually being a...whatever nasty thing you choose to depict her as
    because she shouldnt qualify as a servant under normal circumstances, a british fairy would be needed to justify this choice.
    there should be enough gruesome fae to choose from
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    twisted bitch faceclaim for a twisted bitch
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Dyer
    she claimed to be an angel-maker to her own children. acts as a nice caretaker while actually being a...whatever nasty thing you choose to depict her as
    because she shouldnt qualify as a servant under normal circumstances, a british fairy would be needed to justify this choice.
    there should be enough gruesome fae to choose from
    I noticed that she was born in Bristol which coincidentally in that county the "Will-o'-the-wisp" are believed to be the spirits of unbaptized children, doomed to wander until Judgement Day. It could be interesting to spin a yarn about how Dyer didn't intend to kill the kids at first, but after an accidental death she saw the deceased child become the aforementioned spectral flame which started following her around and became convinced it was an "angel" and believed she could save the many unwanted children of the land by turning them into angels as well. As for a Noble Phantasm, you could lean into her nickname the "Ogress of Reading" by having the spirits of her victims swarm her and break her Mental Pollution so she realizes what she's done and the spectral flames peel away her skin, turning her into a shrieking ogre-like creature or something to represent the monster within.

Just spitballin' a few ideas.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    the "Will-o'-the-wisp" are believed to be the spirits of unbaptized children, doomed to wander until Judgement Day.
    People back then really went crazy trying to make sense of atmospheric ghost lights huh?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Could have both - the Bloody Mary thing as a support for her movement and the burning at the stake as an attack method. As for the moon thing, I'm reminded of the sun NP for your Joshua sheet, enforcing the concept that 'the sun is there' even during nighttime. Maybe she can hold an artificial blood moon still as long as she's burniong someone at the stake, and benefit from it negating the concept of daytime to some extent?
    Don't mind me people, I'm just laughing my head off at this hell of a coincidence if it's not intentional
    Last edited by TQG Imaginatorious; November 27th, 2022 at 08:00 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’d like to book a spot on the queue.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I’d like to book a spot on the queue.
    Sure

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Don't mind me people, I'm just laughing my head off at this hell of a coincidence if it's not intentional
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    my turn then

Water related. Has some sort of gem in her chest and her limbs appear transparent

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    A water-themed Assassin comes to mind. No region immediately comes to mind, but something in me wants to say Slavic.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Her being transparent bring to mind a Spirit tied to water, like an Oceanid or a Naiad. Not sure of a specific figure tough.

Blog Entries
    because i love her design, a servant related to the divine would be optimal here.
    Assassin was my first thought too. but my first impression was asian perhaps, but my knowledge on that front is limited

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Not Asian, but on a divine angle I was thinking Avenger Kostroma? Ukranian fertility goddess associated with harvests and bonfires, but after she was tricked into marrying her brother she drowned herself and turned into the first mavka, a line of river fairies that charm and drown men.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alongside Sutaa, another Slavick, divine suggestion would be Moryana, also known as Tsarevna Anastasia. Daughter of the Morskoy Tsar that was also sometimes stated to be a goddess of winds and death, she was thought to be a rusalki and/or a giant that controlled the southwest winds at the mouth of the Volga where she would cause destruction. Her most destructive moments where usually the results of fighting her rival, Ded Shapka Dranaya, ruler of the northwest wind.

Other than that, I have two ideas I like a bit more. Undine, from the 1811 novel of the same name, who is a water spirit that gains a soul after marrying a knight, but through circumstance loses her love to her foster sister, and in the end kills her husband for it. The one I like more, would be...

Dahut, either in the Assassin or Gatekeeper class. The Daughter of King Grandlon and the witch Malgven, her mother died giving birth to her. From that point, her father spoiled her. The idea for a bit of a twist is that, her mother made a deal with a phantasmal at some point to aid her husband. She tried to cut the deal short, but instead the payment fell to her daughter. This lead Dahut to develop to sides to herself. The real daughter, a kind and delightful girl, and the murderous seductress who relished in causing pain. Eventually, the debt/phantasmal would influence her to destroy her fathers kingdom by opening the gates protecting it from the sea, fulfilling the possible last stipulation of the contract her mother made. Whilst the Assassin form would focus on her subtle murders of a line of victims, who were for a time her lovers, using the daughter mainly as a guise, Gatekeeper would represent her 'role' in the legend of her father. Essentially, someone who is loyal to the Master, and loves them dearly, but whose actions put them both in danger. The master must chose to abandon her/kill her. This reflects her father pushing her off their fleeing horse, and going on to live a more successful life, founding a new kingdom. In the end, her trial is to force the master to leave complacency, sacrificing her in exchange from living on to reach new heights.

Regardless of form, a few things would probably be present. Witchcraft(Oceanic) Would be a skill representing the magical abilities she inherited from her mother. Due to her mothers death, she has a lower rank of the skill as she never received proper training. Sadistic Constitution would represent the compulsions of her darker half, and the power she could draw from it. The final decided skill would be Mother of the Mari-Morgan. Whilst her legendary fate of being transformed into a Mari-Morgan, described as a water skill like a mermaid, but without the tail, would gain her some variation of this skill, the idea that she is the mother of her race has been floated. Therefore, she gets this. This skill would grant her the usual nature spirit connection to the world and water manipulation, but also the ability to bring forth lesser examples of her own species to act as familiars.

Now, while both form would have an exclusive phantasm, the universal phantasm would be
    Broken Key or Royalty, Toll the Kingdoms End
    Ys Regalia
    . This phantasm is the two swords she holds, which is the weaponised form of the 'key' that was used to secure the 'sea wall' that kept the kingdom of Ys safe from the sea. In truth, it was the lynchpin for the magical barrier that surrounded the kingdom that stopped the mystical waters that surrounded it from erasing it from the world. In effect, it allows Dahut to form mystery rejecting barriers with one half, and leak the erasing waters from the other. However, its true utility is found by the true name release that reforms the original lynchpin. From it, a barrier will be formed that resists mystery, and acts as a great shield. However, this is not the end. As long as the lynchpin is whole, the erasing water builds up. Eventually, when the true name is released again, breaking the lynchpin into the blades, this water will rush forth, granting Dahut a massive reservoir of water that eats away at the 'existence' of things. At most, this could provide enough water to destroy a major city.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Turns out I found in this thread the opportunity to fight against this horrible writer's block that's keeping me from getting anything done. Let's put yet another idea on the back-burner for another time. Let's also sutaa my way into this thread for the 2nd time.
    Sorry for not going for the divinity route, Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    B I N D E R
    Maria Habraea

Mary the Jewess, the first alchemist in History. She lived in Egypt and invented processes and apparatuses that were used for centuries after her passing. Her story became something of a legend in later Arabic and Christian writings.

According to later renderings of Maria’s writings, alchemy was like sexual reproduction, with different metals being male and female. She first described the oxidation of metals and saw in that process the possibility of transforming base metals into gold, giving birth to the 「Root of Alchemy.」 Her name also survives to this day in 「bain-marie」 or water-bath, a term used for both a process in cooking and a device. It uses heat from water in a surrounding vessel to keep a consistent temperature, something like a double boiler.

「The first rebel」 is a moniker she shares with the likes of Prometheus. Not taking the world for granted, she sought to understand what was hidden behind miracles with tentative steps called 「science,」 forever changing the relationship between humans and gods after that. For that, she was granted the Class Skill Independent Action C.

Her nature as an alchemist, or perhaps the result of her Skills, granted her a respectable Rank in the Item Construction A Skill as well. Although few of her inventions survived the flow of time, it is the mere concept of her existence that gives this ability a boost. Do you think she could still re-create a Philosopher's Stone?

A network of 「connection」 with the 「self」 as a focal point is the basis for Binding and Fettering E+, the Skill of the Binder Class.
    Her roots flow as the water, ever-changing and enduring: the dreams of all who came after her and chased after the same ideal, the eyes of all those who looked beyond the blessings of gods... But the Rank is very low for someone who should brandish the inquisitive nature of humankind, huh? One cannot help but wonder why.

Maria’s name is almost synonymous with the flowing water, with many of her inventions utilizing it in one way or another. An elusive element that she freely controls as a Servant with the personal Skill Trailblazing Droplets C.
    By the way, as a bonus, since she can coat herself in water and travel using it as a medium, it also grants her a Presence Concealment effect in the same Rank.

The Mother of Alchemy, a sage whose existence directly contradicts the divine, embraces humanity’s dreams and sows the hope for their evolution in the wind. Because of that, she is given Krustallopegia C, an Anti-Divine speciality that denies the powers and ability effects that come from 「beyond.」
    As she aptly put it herself, “If you wanna square up with me, do it with science!” (sic)

And... There is a third skill called Find What is Sought EX, but other than providing a seemingly mediocre boost to the Binding and Fettering ability of linking a Servant with what they chain to themselves, it doesn’t seem to do much else?

Maria is a selfish Binder. Her nature is different from the Binders Chaldea saw until this day—rather than ultimately wishing to bring together, it seems that her contributions were actually all about severing. The separation of water from its impurities, the separation of humankind from god’s whims, the separation of 「male」and 「female」 in elements.
    One Becomes Two, Two Becomes Three
    Haionie Mariya
    is a Noble Phantasm which transforms this idea into the ultimate proof of her axiom: it’s only by separation that one is able to be reborn anew, tighter than even and ready to become properly linked to the world. To separate, to divide, to fission irreversibly: a boundary, a concept, perhaps even a soul.

Now... Do you think it’s because of this particular nature that she chooses to come armed with a pair of swords instead of just one? Or is this just a flashy way of her NP manifesting itself?
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; November 28th, 2022 at 09:51 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————