Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For 2006 standard Fate 2006 was good

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    For an adaptation, different made better adaptation.
    Is game of throne is faithful to the novel ? No.
    Is Walking dead is faithful to the comics, no.
    Is MCU is faithful to the comics, no.
    Is any Disney anime movie is faithful to the tales they adapt? No
    Is my little pony is faithful to the original version of my little pony? No.
    Those are the examples you chose?
    I'm not even saying your argument doesn't make sense but holy shit ahahahahah

Having the Tsukihime anime being put on the same level of quality as the Kara no Kyoukai films is certainly not an opinion that I expected to read on here but hey, you learn something new every day.

The only thing better than the tsukihime anime in kara no kyoukai is the animation.
    The writing is very bad.
    The antagonists have nearly no background and many element are not explained

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    The only thing better than the tsukihime anime in kara no kyoukai is the animation.
    The writing is very bad.
    What? Are you really talking about KnK?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Amazing troll account OP, I love it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The writing is very bad.
    Holy shit LMAO

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Can you tell me what how Mikiya was taken by the girl un the first movie, what is her background.
    What is Kurogiri background, his power, and what happened in 6th movie.
    Why is there a damned zombie in movie 4.
    Do you really think Azaka have more développement than Akiha in tsukihime anime ?
    The movies don't even take time to explain us why Shiki have multiple personnality or why Asagami sens of pain was supressed (or why a girl in only girl high school who live in the school can have been raped often by the same guys)

And don't use the novel or the manga to explain it. Is the response is in the movies.

Kara no kyoukai story is nearly impossible to understand on the movies.
    The mood is gold, the animation diamond, the music platine, but the story is just steel.

Noth

More than saying KnK movie are bad (they are not) it more to say that tsukihime anime is far better than the fan want to say.

Once again, the tsukihime anime rating are not that bad compared to KnK.

Anime news network : 7,9 for tsukihime against 8,5 for KnK.
    Myanimelist:6,9 against 7,9.

The difference is for from being great, especially with the high production values of the movies.

The reality is that Fate 2006 and Tsukihime anime are even now correct to good anime and the only people who think they are bad are the fans of the original works.

But actually, Lotr fans thinks the peter Jackson Jackson movie are average at best.

7,9 on anime ne

Can you tell me what how Mikiya was taken by the girl un the first movie, what is her background.
    Do you really think Azaka have more développement than Akiha in tsukihime anime ?
    The movies don't even take time to explain us why Shiki have multiple personnality or why Asagami sens of pain was supressed (or why a girl in only girl high school who live in the school can have been raped often by the same guys)

And don't use the novel or the manga to explain it. Is the response is in the movies.
    Yes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The movies don't even take time to explain us why Shiki have multiple personnality

why Asagami sens of pain was supressed

(or why a girl in only girl high school who live in the school can have been raped often by the same guys)
    You think they live in a cloister or something?

Don't, worry I won't; I mean, I didn't.

Kara no kyoukai story is nearly impossible to understand on the movies.
    The mood is gold, the animation diamond, the music platine, but the story is just steel.
    I like how this implies it's possible to understand Tsukihime from the anime, when it's so incomplete you've barely even scratched the surface of what's going on.
    The criticisms you've leveled at KnK are all small (and mostly inaccurate) nitpicks about lore-points that aren't all that relevant to the story being told.
    You can get a grander picture by reading the thousands pages that comprise the KnK novels, but I mean, that's just a difference in medium. There's so much dialogue in the movies already, I mean jeez.

Noth
    ?

More than saying KnK movie are bad (they are not) it more to say that tsukihime anime is far better than the fan want to say.
    It's actually terrible. Having watched its semi-recently, it's one of the most boring, soul-less creations I've ever laid my eyes on. I'm genuinely confounded anyone bothers defending it, or ever have.
    The animation is beyond shit, with every action seen devolving into moving stills.
    The plotting is complete garbage, with most episodes devoted to boring nonsense they made up for the anime (special shout-out to EP7)
    The characters look awful, have no range of expression and all speak like they're lobotomized.
    The atmosphere is basically non-existent on account of the slap-dash direction and storyboarding.
    It's just an all around terrible package of irredeemable dogshit.

Once again, the tsukihime anime rating are not that bad compared to KnK.

Anime news network : 7,9 for tsukihime against 8,5 for KnK.
    Myanimelist:6,9 against 7,9.

The difference is for from being great, especially with the high production values of the movies.
    Even disregarding using these figures in an argument at all (Argumentum ad populum, and what)...
    You realize that because of how ratings work, the average score on these sites is massively skewed?
    Having a 6.9 on MAL means you're a bad anime. And I see you've decided to use some kind of aggregate score for KnK?
    You know, when KnK5 came out, it actually took the #1 ranking on MAL for a few weeks. If you wanna talk about historical reactions to these anime, that's the one you should focus on.
    The Tsukihime anime's legacy is a meme that it doesn't exist, while KnK was seriously considered one of the greatest anime of all time at one point.

The reality is that Fate 2006 and Tsukihime anime are even now correct to good anime and the only people who think they are bad are the fans of the original works.
    That is not the reality.
    The DEEN anime is actually not bad, but it's not particularly good either. I can understand if people got into Fate because of it. It's got enough of F/SN's general virtues in there, even if it's presented badly.
    The Tsukihime anime on the other hand, is a complete and utter shitfest and having any affection for it is ludicrous.

But actually, Lotr fans thinks the peter Jackson Jackson movie are average at best.
    Some certainly do, but I think most people have landed on the fence that they're pretty good.
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 14th, 2022 at 02:54 AM.

The subtile you gave me is not explaination.

Why rougi family devellop multiple personnality. It's important.

Why did her sense of pain was removed.

The explaination are kept to minimum and explain anything.

It like saying "it's magic ", it's lazy writing a movie with supernatural aspect need to explain from where these aspect came.
    Most of the people need to read spoiler about the novel to really understand.

I talk about the movie with people who watched only movie with no knowledge of the novel.
    And while they love the animation, the music, the mystère mood and Shiki and Mikiya character.
    Most of them think the antagonist are flat and forgettable and it talk non stop about a lore without explaining it.
    It blow their mind back then because of the visual and the mood.

If a 6,9 anime is bad, then some Kara no kyoukai movie are just average. The 1st and the 6 avec only 7,5 rating.

In japan, it's even worst, in anikore, no kara no kyoukai movie have more than 79. And 3 of them have 72.

Unlimited blade works movie have 76 ans Fate 2006 86.

And MAL, animesuki and other site like that give far better vision of the quality of a show because I have massive rating by all type of people and not just fans who are always biased.

And no, and Tsukihime anime ten years ago was 7,5. Out of the type moon fanbase it was never seen as bad.

Go read tsukihime anime topic on animesuki in 2003, and it was liked by nearly everybody who watched it( it was nearly only people who didn't know the VN )

It dropped only because it's old visual and due to the comparison with the VN.

If you make watched these 2 series to people with no knowledge of the original source, most of them will appreciate it.
    The only real barrer will be the old visual.

And LOTR movies are not pretty good, they are excellent. The fact they say just pretty good show how much the fan can be harsh.

The whole topic, was to show more the non typemoon fan and mid 2000 reaction make how much the the vision of what is good and bad dépend from time and if you are a fan.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Jesus christ, you truly are one lost cause.

Your criticisms of KnK are extremely surface level, and were barely worth addressing; you should be happy I even brought out the screenshots, and I only did so because of how easy they were to find. If you found KnK that hard to follow, then I genuinely don't think what you're saying is worth addressing in terms of your concrete questions. It's abundantly clear that you simply weren't paying attention.

I already told you:
    The criticisms you've leveled at KnK are all small (and mostly inaccurate) nitpicks about lore-points that aren't all that relevant to the story being told.
    Calling KnKs storytelling lazy is the absolute last thing I'd expect. It's notoriously dense and full of explanations of the philosophical workings that drive not only the plot, but the themes and the functions of the supernatural elements at work.

I'm actually not going to go back to 2003 and read animesuki, because their opinions are worthless. I watched the Tsukihime anime recently, and it was god awful. Nothing about those people from back then is going to change that. If they were dumb enough to like it back then, so be it. Most of the people I know who've watched think its god awful. By all standards it is god awful. Nothing that ancient terrible anime fans from the 2003s say is going to change that, and certainly not you either.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and as for your claims about the ranking on anikore, I hope you realize you're looking at the 総合得点 (total score), which is a combination score of popularity (amount of people who have watched something, as opposed to how it was rated).
    In terms of how people rated it (which is what you brought up for MAL), it looks like this:

UFO-UBW: 4.2/5
    UFO-UBW2: 4.2/5
    DEEN-FSN: 3.8/5
    DEEN-UBW: 3.9/5
    TSUKI: 3.4/5
    KNK1: 4.1/5
    KNK2: 4.0/5
    KNK3: 4.1/5
    KNK4: 4.0/5
    KNK5: 4.2/5
    KNK6: 4.0/5
    KNK7: 4.1/5
    KNK-MF: 4.1/5
    (there are some more entries for random KnK stuff like the recap movie and the Mirai Fukuin special, but that that's the major entries covered)

And try finding things that are rated below 3 on anikore; it's actually tough. Tsukihime with its score of 3.4 is down swimming together with Shinmai Maou no Testament (3.3); some truly bottom of the barrel shit.

Wow, it's almost like you're misrepresenting data to support your cause! Who woulda thought!?
    Last edited by Petrikow; November 14th, 2022 at 07:24 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Tsukihime anime is the hidden goat because if it is your first exposure to TM(And it succeeded in prompting you to do even a cursory search about Nasu) then you get the unique experience of immediately realizing that the only path forward happens to be directly up at what is approximately light speed. Especially when you touch upon Tsukihime's source and give the manga a peek. Not scratching the surface is the understatement of the century. It's a surreal experience that I remember nearly 20 years later. And now you even have the highest tier of Kino in the Remake tacked on. One story has had quite the transformations/adaptions over the years.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Now hold on, Shinmai Maou has actual entertainment value. And more prurient content than the eroge adaptation lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    . It's notoriously dense and full of explanations of the philosophical workings
    the philosophical in TypeMoon work is very poor, sorry. my study where about Philosophy...

And while title from Masamune Shirow, Mamoru Oishi, Lain or Cowboy Bebop movie has good philosophical workings, in Kara no Kyoukai, it's like Xeno games or Evangelion, it's basic Phylosophy made for teen with directing made it more complex that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I'm actually not going to go back to 2003 and read animesuki, because their opinions are worthless. I watched the Tsukihime anime recently, and it was god awful. Nothing about those people from back then is going to change that. If they were dumb enough to like it back then, so be it. Most of the people I know who've watched think its god awful. By all standards it is god awful. Nothing that ancient terrible anime fans from the 2003s say is going to change that, and certainly not you either.
    And you want to be taken seriously?

Most of the people back them loved it and your only reaction "these people are dumb and terrible"

the people you know who have watched it watched it in the last years or already know the game, I assume.

animsuki is not the only place where the anime was well received, One myanimelist, the only people complaining about the anime in 2008 were people who already know the games (so they are biased) and the anime had a rating of 7,6 (so it was seen as better than some of the KnK movie are seen now) .

Even last year, in a topic on myanimelist forum about if the serie was as bad, the people were saiying that the main problem about tsukihime anime is compared to the VN or the manga it's very poor, so if you know the original work, it will be bad, because the other version are vastly superior

And no, 6,9 is no bad by any mean, I want to point that kid series like Precure or Kitaro also have around 7/10 rating on MAL, do it make it bad series, it's just that the MAL public is adult people so they rate the serie as adult will rate kid show. It's exactly what I was saying about Standard.

some good serie from now standard would have bombed 20 years ago, because what it was like was different (Attack on Titan or One Punch Man by exemple, many of the slice of life title too). And many show who were hit back then are forgotten now because the taste of the public changed.

I want to point that studio Gonzo was seen as one of the best animation studio back then (and actually because of that, it's still my favorite studio because of these series from first half of 2000), but people from now say it's one of the worst.

Why fan can't just accept that as they are fan, their standard are different from non fan and why people of now can't understand the good standard of now is not good standard of 20 years ago. I have offer to my nephew of 16 years old Zelda Ocarina of time as she loved Breath of the Wild and she tought that the game was shit.
    Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were seen as a great game in 1998 and 201, when it was rereleased in 2010, the game received as shit, because it didn't aged well.

Why? because standard of good video game changed in 20 years. and it's the same for movies and series.

and there is a reason why anikore combine popularity with rating. rating only make anime with sometime 10 or less review. the site combine rating, recommandation by the watchers, how many people watched it and in how many popularity top the serie is. by using only rating, the best series are obscure kids show.
    Code Geass and Deathnote are not even in the top 20 of 2006, by using the rating...
    So on anikore score is better than rating

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    Going by their statements, I think it's more like "old = good, new = bad".
    Yeah, you were right.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I was having a great time until you said Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are shit. How dare you.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And you want to be taken seriously?
    Do you?

the philosophical in TypeMoon work is very poor, sorry. my study where about Philosophy...
    Not saying that I don't believe you but, it's a bit hard to buy that you have a philosophy degree when you sound like you could still learn a thing or two from Hooked on Phonics.