Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: For 2006 standard Fate 2006 was good

The anime you point from 2003 are not just good anime, they are classic.
    I rate all these titles 8 or more.
    Actually,I can't point more than 3 anime better than these anime in the whole 2010 to now anime.
    The fact there was better show don't make a show bad.

I have seen a youtuber few time ago who was talking about "tomorrow never die" for the psx, at the beginning, he was trashing on it because he made non-stop comparison with Golden eyes for N64 but he then remembered that the problem was not the PSX game was bad, it was just that Golden eyes was excellent.

With time, we only remember the excellent titles and we think that the excellent titles were standard.

For the motivation, I grab it, it just it was just on the surface that is was just a poor explaination.

We never now why Kirie have her power, we never know why fujito family suppress her sense of pain. We never know why ryogi family have multiple personnality.

For me the explaination the movies give is like the one given into Dragonball to explain Ki attack.
    But Dragonball is a manga made for kids, in a movie who try to be an intelligent show, it just not enough.

For the philosophy, it's maybe because I have seen show like ghost in the shell and appleseed, but once again, KnK stay at the surface.

I have another problem with the movies, most of the action scene felt unnecesary and are just easy way to résolve the plot with no big explaination (once again, it's ok in a teen serie, not on a show who want to be intelligent).
    It make me dislike the fights more than loving it.

After watching the movie, I was even more frustated than after seeing tsukihime anime because tsukihime anime never made any promise, KnK made me promises and at the end of the show, I felt frustated. If I loved movie 2, it's because it's the only movie of the serie who really focus on what it tell and tell it well.

Actually if I didn't really know about nasuverse back then, the Kara no kyoukai movie would have turned me away from it because as the direction was excellent, I would have never know that the writing was really poor. And actually these movies are part of the reason I quit being fan of type moon.

And The music from tsukihime anime is fantastic for me, it's so good I played the game using only music from the anime( and would have not liked that much the VN with the game OST)and use one of the song "cherish" as alarm.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Looking at any aspect of KnK through a filter of it's not near GitS level is more wack than comparing Tsukihime to any of the great anime of that year. GitS is one of the most influential works in animu history.

Also I really do like Tsukihime's OP and some of the tracks.

Edit: I say animu but that's too limiting for GitS impact. Sci-Fi in general.
    Last edited by Nanaya; November 16th, 2022 at 08:22 AM.

Actually, while I love GitS movie, I don't see it that high mostly because I read the manga long time before the movie(and I prefer the manga to the movie) and I seen Blade Runner and read Phillip K Dick and some Asimov novel before. their was also title like Armitage III and Bublegum Crisis.

And actually the movie was in some way just the evolution of prior Mamoru Oshii works like Patlabor movie 2 or Beautiful dreamer.

Ghost in the Shell movie have been very influential in US anime history, but far less in japan and europa.

It's a masterpiece but far from being beyong critisism.

An d I compare because KnK movie try to be like GITS movie, It mimic slow paced rythme of Mamoru Oshii, it throw philosophy in it.

I make the same critics to You're under arrest movie where the staff tried to do Patlabor movie 2 and is just not at the same level.

So as KnK movies are not at GITS level, I can't call most of the movies masterpiece as the movies(except 2 and 5) are not even at the level of other Mamoru Oshii movies that I don't rate that high. (mostly 8)

I give 9/10 to GITS movie and an average 7,5/10 to KnK movies

The problem of KnK movies is they are not at the level of KnK novel who is itself just a prototype of Tsukihime game and feel incomplete. For me, It's an incomplete adaptation of an already not finished work (for me Kara no Kyoukai novel feel just as playing only Fate Route or only Arcueid road)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    We never now why Kirie have her power, we never know why fujito family suppress her sense of pain. We never know why ryogi family have multiple personnality.
    None of these things matter, specially not for a movie. We don't need any of these for the story to work, we don't need any of them for the movie to flow. Nobody needs to know Aragorn's family history, or what song the dwarves were singing when celebrating the death of Sauron, which is why they were kept the fuck out of the movies.

They're all background details that you can find out by reading the books.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

As most of the people don't have power in KnK word, it's important. especially when these power are major part of the main character background.

It's like saying the reason why Ciel is immortal or why Shiki from tsukihime killed Arcueid is not important.

I'll understand skipping it if the adaptation were only one movie, but they had 7 movies. Ufotable was able to put more info in Heaven Feel with only 3 movies

They're all background details that you can find out by reading the books.
    So we can say the same for what it's missing in Tsukihime anime then.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chevkraken View Post
    The anime you point from 2003 are not just good anime, they are classic.
    I rate all these titles 8 or more.
    Actually,I can't point more than 3 anime better than these anime in the whole 2010 to now anime.
    The fact there was better show don't make a show bad.
    Ah, so it was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    Going by their statements, I think it's more like "old = good, new = bad".
    Good to know where I got you.
    (In case you don't realize, claiming 2003 had more 'classics' than the entire decade of anime from 2010 onward is, in fact, a statement that can only be made in deluded nostalgia-fueled fever)

So we can say the same for what it's missing in Tsukihime anime then.
    An interesting statement, given that none of my complaints about the Tsukihime anime have been about what's missing. It's obviously an utter failure in every regard, so its adaptation of the original source material being bad is a given, but that's not its greatest sin.

Anyway, your arguments continue to be non-sensical, and I've sort of lost my interest. Hope you manage to get your head out of the past one day. Cya.

In case you don't realize, claiming 2003 had more 'classics' than the entire decade of anime from 2010 onward
    I have not said that. I have said I can see more than 3 anime better than these title.(in fact 6, Ping Pong, Chihayafuru, Penguidrum, your Lie in April, Golden Kamui and Showa Genroku)

There is classic but as good to the best. (no title better than 8,5/10)

And 1999 to 2005 was the golden age of night time anime. this was a time were it was a place for creativity where it replaced OAV before it bacame the main industry.

2006 started a beginning of a downfall due to surproduction and a lack of originality (2010 to latter are even plagued by slice of life and Isekai with also the same story and nearly absence of shoujo manga anime, making many title far too similar)

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Ok Boomer

Anime does kind of suck nowadays to be fair especially with your generic Isekai era of fantasy. I wish there were more original shit that didn't serve as just an adaption to get you to buy a novel, manga or whatever.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just watch good stuff instead of isekai. There's original anime every season and good stuff being adapted almost every season.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'm guessing that studios nowadays wouldn't want to take risks by making ambitious projects without original source to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Just watch good stuff instead of isekai. There's original anime every season and good stuff being adapted almost every season.
    I'm hard to please on this topic. It's true they make adaptions of good stuff though they rarely do anything IMO to make the adaption stand on par with or exceed my experience with the source. I also feel like they churn out low tier shit en masse. I'm more interested ultimately in original content though so whenever something that's not derived from a preexisting work shows up I do get excited. I just wish the % of good original content was higher. Though I do understand why it isn't the norm. They're basically going all-in.

JP Friend Code
    Majority of anime always was an adaptation of something. Original works were always the exception not the rule of any given year and even then it was to get you to buy something. This is true for a lot of visual media. It's way easier to get your boss to greenlight a show when he has proof it can be profitable. The only thing that really changed is that back in the day the stuff that didn't do well didn't get overseas releases, weren't saved and some become lost media. Nowadays we see every anime regardless of how it's sold. Every year has it's trash. We just get to see it in real time.

I do agree though the Isekai genre needs more originality than " how I reincarnated with something op in a boring fantasy world and this is the title of the work".

What is the worst Isekai title ever?
    I mean the actual title. Some of the names are cracked.

Last 15 years have been very hard for anime. overproduction is also a real problem. in 2003, there was 75 anime each years, since 2010 it's between 140 and 180. Many great studio have also nearly disappears: Manglobe (Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy), Artland (Legend of Galactic heroes), Gonzo(Last Exile, Gankutsuo), Xebec(Martian Successor Nadesiko), Bee train (Hack, Noir) and more than everything, Ghibli.

Kyoani lost most of their talent due to the 2019 arson, Gainax is just an empty shell, most of Madhouse talent left the studio dues to the bad working environment, Ufotable just work for Aniplex on big licence (while their pre-kara no kyoukai titles where mostly original stuff),

Shaft have seen most of their talent left due to Aniplex(I hate Aniplex) and the fact Shaft just mean Shinbo.

something something All anime studio`s are already booked for the next 3 years, so any anime coming out is based on the trends of the past 3-4 years and not of the trends of the NOW

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    What is the worst Isekai title ever?
    I mean the actual title. Some of the names are cracked.
    Quick Google searching gave me "I'm a Behemoth, an S-Ranked Monster, but Mistaken for a Cat, I Live as an Elf Girl's Pet" and "Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon" take your pick.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I try to say that to my friend, but he is permanently drawn to isekai, can't even have our good old One Piece convos anymore. He just somehow blehs on most things that aren't isekai, its just odd.
    He misses out on good RPGs too, some really good ones have come out and unfortunately don't get the appreciation they deserve.
    He's on a 3-D printing kick, which I can't even tell where it came from, but he's always been kinda flighty on things, goes hard on games for 3 years, cools down and goes hard on manga consuming multiple series in a few days, then hardcore into just 3-D printing and DnD.
    And ah, Animesuki takes, that takes me back. Not to necessarily good places, but it takes me back. I should look into it, its been ages.

I miss when the concept was rare and far between.

Personnaly, the only Isekai I loved these 5 last years are ascendance of a bookworm and Isekai ojisan.

Most of the show I watch now are mostly toei animation titles ( Precure, Kitaro, Digimon, Dai and world trigger, Kado).

In 2013 and 2014, I was so bored by japan animation I watched only 2 serie by years (but I discovered some great western tv animation during that time)